PDA

View Full Version : And what about the original fans?

Ceceli
6th Apr 2012, 05:58
These new features presented, the "I can see through walls" and the "I know exactly where he is going", has its value, but the fans from since the beginning of the franchise beg to differ. And I say that 'cause I've researched it across all the media types available. Foruns, communities, Youtube, in south-america, north-america, europe....

Is there something in the game for us, or should we just... not buy the game?

rotax600
6th Apr 2012, 14:07
We will see. The gameplay demos are being shown tomorrow at 730 pm eastern time.

sgg847
6th Apr 2012, 14:30
These new features presented, the "I can see through walls" and the "I know exactly where he is going", has its value, but the fans from since the beginning of the franchise beg to differ. And I say that 'cause I've researched it across all the media types available. Foruns, communities, Youtube, in south-america, north-america, europe....

You can't imagine how I want to gather all "original loyal real nerd fans" and give them one big kick in their ...

We will see. The gameplay demos are being shown tomorrow at 730 pm eastern time.
Are you going to be at the exhibition?

rotax600
6th Apr 2012, 16:56
My friend is supposed to be going. Im only 40 or so miles away from Boston. Really pissed i cant make it.

shobhit777777
6th Apr 2012, 17:27
You can't imagine how I want to gather all "original loyal real nerd fans" and give them one big kick in their ...

Are you going to be at the exhibition?

:lmao:

:thumb:

@OP

You won't know a good Hitman game if it rammed a pole up your ass and spread it's cheek over your face.

Ceceli
6th Apr 2012, 17:51
Jeez, so much angry here. So you guys are practically saying that the previous games sucked and you are the true worshipers of the new Hitman. Nice!

sgg847
6th Apr 2012, 19:29
My friend is supposed to be going. Im only 40 or so miles away from Boston. Really pissed i cant make it.

It is definitely going to be for visitors of the exhibition but nobody said that for everyone. ;)

Jeez, so much angry here. So you guys are practically saying that the previous games sucked and you are the true worshipers of the new Hitman. Nice!
Angry? I personaly just tired to hear from the "original fans" of hitman such unoriginal posts about splinter cell.
Where did you find worshipers?

Ceceli
6th Apr 2012, 23:27
You're one! You are logged here 24/7 swearing everybody that has a different opinion than yours and so happens that they liked the previous game. Oh.. Such a sin! So help us god...

sgg847
7th Apr 2012, 07:46
You're one! You are logged here 24/7 swearing everybody that has a different opinion than yours and so happens that they liked the previous game. Oh.. Such a sin! So help us god...

I would be glad to hear your different opinion. But, you have no such opinion. If judge by your first post, you try to represent "opinion" of the masses but crowd has only emotions. They similar to a flock of sheep by repeating one phrase that if a game has new features then it will be bad. So, when you say that instinct ruins the game, I will say that it is bad that such feature was not in the previous games. There is only one big problem, that the devs began to follow the opinion of the sheep by removing and reducing instinct. Logical consequences will be predictable. They will make step on the same rake by going from one extreme to the other.
Human needs in freedom of choice, sheep need a shepherd.

P.S. 100% nerds who say that instinct ruins the game eventually will regret about it.

shobhit777777
7th Apr 2012, 14:47
@Ceceli

The problem is that the "hardcore" fans behave as if their opinion is "Game Design 101" when it is not. They like a very particular style, judge it as best and then do not like ANY changes...even if the changes are for the good and does not hinder their playstyle in any way.

They cry about the 'death of stealth' and 'Dumbing down' of stealth games but when it comes to a one-on-one debate they have absolutely no valid points to make and ALWAYS get thrashed...with logic.

I recently challenged a guy to a debate regarding the merits of the stealth-action gameplay in Splinter Cell Conviction...all he came up with was 'ur n00b no pleh previus splintr cel games'....

They always come up with a whiny defeatist attitude for no reason. People complain about Hitman and Splinter Cell getting dumbed down when in fact they are actually tactically smarter games than their ancestors. It simply pays to NOT pre-judge a game and approach it with open minds.

"Hitman has shooting!!?!! wtf is this.. COD?"

*facepalm

rotax600
7th Apr 2012, 15:05
@Ceceli

The problem is that the "hardcore" fans behave as if their opinion is "Game Design 101" when it is not. They like a very particular style, judge it as best and then do not like ANY changes...even if the changes are for the good and does not hinder their playstyle in any way.

They cry about the 'death of stealth' and 'Dumbing down' of stealth games but when it comes to a one-on-one debate they have absolutely no valid points to make and ALWAYS get thrashed...with logic.

I recently challenged a guy to a debate regarding the merits of the stealth-action gameplay in Splinter Cell Conviction...all he came up with was 'ur n00b no pleh previus splintr cel games'....

They always come up with a whiny defeatist attitude for no reason. People complain about Hitman and Splinter Cell getting dumbed down when in fact they are actually tactically smarter games than their ancestors. It simply pays to NOT pre-judge a game and approach it with open minds.

*facepalm

I look forward to infiltrating Wade's gang at the orphanage by putting a band-aid over my distinctive tattoo. Maybe when they are looking at me ill stub my toe, fall, and walk with a limp so the tattoo doesnt stand out.

shobhit777777
7th Apr 2012, 18:21
I look forward to infiltrating Wade's gang at the orphanage by putting a band-aid over my distinctive tattoo. Maybe when they are looking at me ill stub my toe, fall, and walk with a limp so the tattoo doesnt stand out.

what is this..I dont even..

nonprofitkilla
7th Apr 2012, 22:23
How long after the presentations will the gameplay videos be put on YouTube? Any clue?

Ceceli
14th Apr 2012, 03:05
@Ceceli

*facepalm

I like changes. I do. But not the ones that ruins the game. I can't say that for sure about Hitman, cause there might be a Purist Mode. But if you wanted a good solid point about why Splinter Cell Convition sucked, there you go:

YOU CAN'T GO THROUGH THE GAME UNNOTICED. THE GAME'S DYNAMIC FORCES YOU TO KILL EVERYBODY!!!

How is that for a solid point for you?

sgg847
14th Apr 2012, 11:54
I like changes. I do. But not the ones that ruins the game. I can't say that for sure about Hitman, cause
Could you please explain the changes you want?

there might be a Purist Mode.

Your Purist ... is fiction for people who have no imagination. It will be bad and ugly mode.

BigBoss
15th Apr 2012, 04:51

The dumbest thing you can complain about in this game, is the fact that the mechanic where you press a button to reveal enemy locations and movement even through walls and on different floors which becomes more disabled the higher the difficulty you play on, has been replaced by a mechanic where you press a button to reveal enemy locations and movement, even through walls and on different floors, which becomes more disabled the higher the difficulty you play on.....:hmm: and you're complaining about it. So way to go.

sgg847
15th Apr 2012, 07:32
The dumbest thing (S)
1. is to disable the button which you can refuse to press.
2. is to reduce the action function for forcing the nerds to play in stealth
3. is to reduce the stealth function for nerds who so eagerly want free roam.
4. is to disable the HUD as part of difficulty when HUD is part of entertainment
5. is to create "fake hard game" when game is entertaining thing.

BigBoss
15th Apr 2012, 07:53
that didn't make any sense

sgg847
15th Apr 2012, 09:15
that didn't make any sense

Didn't make any sense posts a-la it doesn't make sense. What actually has no sense is your remark to the author of this topic because you both look at the same eggs but from different sides. But .... Someone prefers hard-boiled eggs, someone soft-boiled, someone likes fried eggs, someone likes scrambled eggs, the most people do not eat eggshell but someone does it. The big problem is these eggs are going to be prepared by the same recipe for everyone.
Where is choice?

SilentGuy
15th Apr 2012, 15:37
I've before said that I will not judge the game by the small amount of information we have been granted at this point. That being said, I still think that instinct is quite a cool solution. Think about it:

Why do you even bother writing that: "omg instinct is so op omgomgomg", if you have been playing the previous Hitman titles? Forgot about the map? Yes, that good old press-a-button-and-you-can-see-everything-feature that was installed in the earlier games. I think, that instinct makes the game more challenging (yes, more challenging) than the map did. Let's think back... The map allowed you to reveal the entire level, study guard paths, look at all rooms and areas, identify civilians, and even show points of interest. Doesn't that look overpowered to you? It certainly does to me. It might just be because you are too much in love with the old titles. Not saying that I am not - I loved the old Hitman games beyond infinity, and still do. Instinct seems (we haven't seen everything yet) to do the same thing as the old map did... Show guard paths, reveal climbable objects etc. This time it will have a meter, which will be drained when you use it. The map had no limit of use. :)
I still can't wait for Absolution, and I am excited to what we're going to get in the end.

mcescher1
15th Apr 2012, 17:17
I've before said that I will not judge the game by the small amount of information we have been granted at this point. That being said, I still think that instinct is quite a cool solution. Think about it:

Why do you even bother writing that: "omg instinct is so op omgomgomg", if you have been playing the previous Hitman titles? Forgot about the map? Yes, that good old press-a-button-and-you-can-see-everything-feature that was installed in the earlier games. I think, that instinct makes the game more challenging (yes, more challenging) than the map did. Let's think back... The map allowed you to reveal the entire level, study guard paths, look at all rooms and areas, identify civilians, and even show points of interest. Doesn't that look overpowered to you? It certainly does to me. It might just be because you are too much in love with the old titles. Not saying that I am not - I loved the old Hitman games beyond infinity, and still do. Instinct seems (we haven't seen everything yet) to do the same thing as the old map did... Show guard paths, reveal climbable objects etc. This time it will have a meter, which will be drained when you use it. The map had no limit of use. :)
I still can't wait for Absolution, and I am excited to what we're going to get in the end.

Agree:wave:

sgg847
15th Apr 2012, 18:20
Guys, you are funny.
1. We heard, read and saw more than enough to make a judgement at least about Instinct.
2. You are like the developers "Instinct (red lights) = map and point of interesting". It is much more useful.
3. Scale (meter) relates only to blending and shooting.

voice4reason
20th Apr 2012, 20:12
Excuse me, but I believe in blood money you could see everything with the map, and now that you can through walls for a limited amount of time its all WTFBBQBARBIES!

Ceceli
24th Apr 2012, 02:02
We needed to spot in order to see the map. Seeing through walls makes us capable of walking whlie seeing the enemy, making it so easy to kill. But perhaps they didn't think that was enough. So they said: Why don't we just implement a psychic power of knowing where the enemy goes. That might be fun and help all those retarded players and kids who don't have the brains to play the game properly.

Mikel1871
24th Apr 2012, 12:17

For being such a fan you have not watched ANY of the videos posted? Clearly stated in atleast 3 interviews with the Dev. team that you dont have to use any perks, and in the "Harder" player settings the mini map and all other perks are off. (Go figure just like ALL the other games in the series.) So IDK where your "true fan base" has all gathered, but it seems none of your "true fans" watch much of the released media.:mad2:

I myself, cant wait to strap on my twin ballers, red tie, and black suit for a blood letting like no other.:rasp:
Peace and happy whinning

nirvana1
24th Apr 2012, 19:37
For being such a fan you have not watched ANY of the videos posted? Clearly stated in atleast 3 interviews with the Dev. team that you dont have to use any perks, and in the "Harder" player settings the mini map and all other perks are off. (Go figure just like ALL the other games in the series.) So IDK where your "true fan base" has all gathered, but it seems none of your "true fans" watch much of the released media.:mad2:

I myself, cant wait to strap on my twin ballers, red tie, and black suit for a blood letting like no other.:rasp:
Peace and happy whinning

so we must go harder modes if we dont want see through walls? thats silly :nut:

Sam_kain
25th Apr 2012, 10:20
so we must go harder modes if we dont want see through walls? thats silly :nut:

Isn't that what difficulty is for ?!, giving more challenge ?!, also don't forget the Instinct Vision and Point & Shoot both are manual and not automatic, meaning you can play on Normal and not use them at all, on Purist Mode the level design, Guard Patrol, and Guard No. don't change, nothing changes I think, but it removes those casual features so you won't be tempted to use them to get out of difficult situation.

So where is the problem !!!

nirvana1
25th Apr 2012, 11:58
Isn't that what difficulty is for ?!, giving more challenge ?!, also don't forget the Instinct Vision and Point & Shoot both are manual and not automatic, meaning you can play on Normal and not use them at all, on Purist Mode the level design, Guard Patrol, and Guard No. don't change, nothing changes I think, but it removes those casual features so you won't be tempted to use them to get out of difficult situation.

So where is the problem !!!

its not my problem,i mean see through the wall or something like this is haphazardly :lmao:

Sam_kain
25th Apr 2012, 12:01
its not my problem,i mean see through the wall or something like this is haphazardly :lmao:

Agree, that's why we can play as Humans in Purist Mode ;)

BigBoss
26th Apr 2012, 06:44
So IDK where your "true fan base" has all gathered, but it seems none of your "true fans" watch much of the released media.:mad2:

It's because true fans immediately jump to wildly misinformed conclusions after seeing an iota of info, and self entitlement clouds their ability to be rational.

Danielmars
28th Apr 2012, 19:42
this is my post on their official facebook page:

"I only say one thing. Please do not forget the fans who have supported you all these years from the first chapter. Greetings from Italy"

BigBoss
29th Apr 2012, 04:48
That was a pointless thing to post on their facebook page

Wakey
29th Apr 2012, 20:31
I'm sorry but you're all (Or most of you) pretty idiotic and/or selfish.
I've played all the games as they came out so I see myself as a "hardcore" Hitman fan. And I raged as s*** when I saw this instinct feature... But all cool again when they announced Purist Mode.

Yeah you could see through walls and get an overview of where everyone was. But it didn't tell you where they were going so you had to observe for a period of time. That gave an amazing feeling of the need for planing. And it still felt like the most "realistic" way they could do it with the backup from the agency.
Instinct looks more like magic. They glow through walls and show a line where they're going. However the way I've heard it its kinda a guess? The lines ain't always correct? Which is pretty cool if I understood it right.
It's very much about the feeling of the game.
And again... Purist Mode sounds like it'll give the original Hitman feeling minus the map... Which just makes it even more hardcore, right?

Btw, sgg847... Calling Purist Mode stupid? You just put yourself in the same category as these horrible hardcore fans. All your "points" just got bland.
And what was wrong with SC Conviction? It wasn't Splinter Cell anymore. Sure we knew the characters and it was still stealth based. But it didn't have the same FEELING as the previous games. Sam had always just passed unimportant guards (And your aim was even s*** in the first games to make you use guns as a last resort) even when they tried to send nukes and whatnot... And suddenly he goes on a killing spree with gadgets that would have made the first few games a joke?
It was a cool game but it should have been a new IP.

What happened to SC is what me (And most of the old Hitman fans) was afraid would happen to this series. Completely destroy the feeling of the game and the old impressions we had. We don't have anything against new features... We'll cry if those new features completely changes the game and feeling of the previous games.

BUT! Purist Mode. There's room for both newcomers and old fans.

(And sorry if some of it didn't make completely sense... English isn't my first language ;) )

Ceceli
4th May 2012, 22:10
I'm sorry but you're all (Or most of you) pretty idiotic and/or selfish.
I've played all the games as they came out so I see myself as a "hardcore" Hitman fan. And I raged as s*** when I saw this instinct feature... But all cool again when they announced Purist Mode.

Yeah you could see through walls and get an overview of where everyone was. But it didn't tell you where they were going so you had to observe for a period of time. That gave an amazing feeling of the need for planing. And it still felt like the most "realistic" way they could do it with the backup from the agency.
Instinct looks more like magic. They glow through walls and show a line where they're going. However the way I've heard it its kinda a guess? The lines ain't always correct? Which is pretty cool if I understood it right.
It's very much about the feeling of the game.
And again... Purist Mode sounds like it'll give the original Hitman feeling minus the map... Which just makes it even more hardcore, right?

Btw, sgg847... Calling Purist Mode stupid? You just put yourself in the same category as these horrible hardcore fans. All your "points" just got bland.
And what was wrong with SC Conviction? It wasn't Splinter Cell anymore. Sure we knew the characters and it was still stealth based. But it didn't have the same FEELING as the previous games. Sam had always just passed unimportant guards (And your aim was even s*** in the first games to make you use guns as a last resort) even when they tried to send nukes and whatnot... And suddenly he goes on a killing spree with gadgets that would have made the first few games a joke?
It was a cool game but it should have been a new IP.

What happened to SC is what me (And most of the old Hitman fans) was afraid would happen to this series. Completely destroy the feeling of the game and the old impressions we had. We don't have anything against new features... We'll cry if those new features completely changes the game and feeling of the previous games.

BUT! Purist Mode. There's room for both newcomers and old fans.

(And sorry if some of it didn't make completely sense... English isn't my first language ;) )

Well said! Don't bother with these kids. They probably were not alive to play and now they tryin to make a mark in something that is not even theirs. The developers are just laughing at this mediocrity, if they are seeing this, 'cause something tells me that they just dont give a fu** about what these nerds think. Only the first few pots mattered.

And Purist Mode is here to please us! Fu** yeah!!!

tbcdlad
6th May 2012, 22:57
I like changes. I do. But not the ones that ruins the game. I can't say that for sure about Hitman, cause there might be a Purist Mode. But if you wanted a good solid point about why Splinter Cell Convition sucked, there you go:

YOU CAN'T GO THROUGH THE GAME UNNOTICED. THE GAME'S DYNAMIC FORCES YOU TO KILL EVERYBODY!!!

How is that for a solid point for you?

(Before you read this, everybody who foolishly continues to think that the developers are ruining the game, this post is directed right at you. Make sure you read the entire post, as you might learn something new.)

Refering to your post, quoted above, how does change make the game suck? First off, you can't say that the changes that Hitman is going through right now are going to ruin the game, simply because you haven't played the game yet, so don't even bring up the subject. Also, you can go to Gamespot, IGN, even the Barcode Society, and you will see that the game doesn't "force" you kill anyone, neither does Splinter Cell Conviction. True it is impossible to complete Conviction without killing anyone, but comparing a game being developed by a completely different company, with different devs who are working on different game in another company is completely absurd. It's like comparing apples to oranges, which is both pointless and nonsensical.

Also, I understand that you didn't like Splinter Cell Conviction, and I can understand that this is your opinion, and you are entitled to that opinion. However, I don't agree with you in saying that due to the differences between the older games, or the stealth elements in the older games rather, and Conviction, such as an apparent lack of stealth elements, Conviction supposedly sucks. That isn't right because it still is a different game with a different name than past games in the franchise such as Chaos Theory, Double Agent, or Splinter Cell 1. Conviction was a good game, it just was different than the other games in the series, and I favored the change to be honest.

Anyway back to Absolution, the brilliant developers of this brilliant new Hitman game have stated in countless interviews with the press and trailers that Hitman Absolution doesn't take away any sort of stealth elements from the past games, and it simply adds onto the classic elements of the series and improves said elements. They have made the game right by not making the player think that killing anybody BUT the target in the game is the "wrong" way to play. The devs of this game have brought more choices into play, as you can now play as the silent assassin that you strived to be in older games, or the mass murderer, or a little bit of both. It's probably a waste of time to even tell you this valuable information, as you probably won't even believe a word of what I am saying, and will decide to argue with me over a video game, like you have with other people in this thread. (Why did you even post a thread asking about the game, if you'll argue and won't even listen to what is being said...sigh...kids these days.)

So, go for it, if you want to continue to whine and complain, and wonder "should I not buy it?", such as what you said in your first post, about something before you've even tried, be my guest and good for you. I hope you are happy with your poorly-made decision. Honestly, I don't CARE about what you think, because while you're whining about the improvements that have been made for this game, I, as well as thousands of other people, who are able to give a game a chance without criticizing it, will be kicking back playing the best Hitman game ever made, and just to give you a preview of what we'll be doing while you're crying about nothing, check out this neat gameplay trailer that might force you to rethink your argument:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzTHY3eiWVs

PS: There is purist mode in the game by the way, so you don't have to use instinct (though its not like they were forcing you to use it anyway, and its not like you had to press the instinct button on the controller to begin with).
:mad2:

tbcdlad
6th May 2012, 23:08

Now this guy actually makes sense. This is true, I also agree that Instinct is like a map, without the map. Fantastic observation and I appreciate your enthusiam and confidence in this game staying true to its roots, especially when everyone else doesn't seem to be.