PDA

View Full Version : What area of game development are you most interested in?

Travis_IO
3rd Apr 2012, 13:22
I'm pretty sure that most of you who visit the forums are interested in the game to some degree but it would be cool to know a little more precisely what interests you in particular.

Maybe it's how the sound is integrated into the game or the challenges that are faced by animators? It could be how level designers come up with their ideas or even how the User Research team use their findings?

Feel free to leave comments to explain your choice after you've voted in the poll...

GebelTheRebel
3rd Apr 2012, 14:11
Nice community research idea Travis. Too bad there's only a hand full of us on this forum, I'm surprised Hitman fans don't visit the official forums as much.

Mike_B
3rd Apr 2012, 14:53
I'm currently studying programming so I'm interested in that aspect.

Sam_kain
3rd Apr 2012, 17:37
Level Design, it would be great to see how the developers make a sand box map, how they can offer multiple routes, and how the player have fun with each of them.

sgg847
3rd Apr 2012, 19:51
Funds

BigBoss
4th Apr 2012, 06:18
Community involvement. I want to know why there is so often a complete blackout or lack of communication between the devs and forum members.

Acid_Burn
4th Apr 2012, 08:38
I'm interested in every piece of it now ;)

Overdose
4th Apr 2012, 09:12
Community involvement. I want to know why there is so often a complete blackout or lack of communication between the devs and forum members.

Same.

The0Hitman47
4th Apr 2012, 17:02
I love the music in games so im interested in the sound, because without sound a game would be boring.

MrAtmea
4th Apr 2012, 18:10
I would like to see how they come up with so many ways of getting to the target, so that means Level Design.

rotax600
10th Apr 2012, 03:08
Id like to see the brand/community development. Ive been to a couple of scientific research companies and always see a huge marketing/business department and like 3 engineers or programmers thrown in a corner of the building. More specifically, I would prefer to see Eidos' strategy for their marketing plan on this game.

In any case, I would be happy with any aspect of the game development as long as it has a lot of useful, insightful information.

Barez
10th Apr 2012, 07:36
I would be the happiest guy in the world if i could help yo guys to disign a level... i could spend DAYS/WEEKS/MONTHS and never get tired of it!! :rasp:

Travis_IO
16th Apr 2012, 09:31
Runaway leader in the polls so far is Level Design - not really surprising for Hitman fans.

Interested to hear more about what you like...

EDIT: For anyone interested in User Research, Gamasutra have posted an in-depth article (http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/168114/understanding_user_research_its_.php) featuring input from IO's User Research Manager.

sgg847
17th Apr 2012, 08:21
This Gamasutra article screw my mind. So many intelligent words but as a result - new engine in the old car. They want to create car for everyone but based on opinion of single person. "Nice choice!" I mean - Where is the choice?

the ultimate goal of helping to make more enjoyable games.
Hardly believe

Travis_IO
23rd Apr 2012, 12:20
I'm going to see what I can do for all of you wanting to know more about Level Design.

What sort of questions would you like to ask a level designer at IO?

Fumle
23rd Apr 2012, 15:43
i would like to know what limits the Level Designers have, i mean its pretty obvious that story is a given (you can't just design a Vatican map, if 47's target is a gangster in New York...).
Is there other limit's? map size, maximum gameplay length etc? and how does you tackle these problems?

Hope you keep uo the good work, paying attentions to small details in every map!

/Fumle