PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer.

m G h m u o s
31st Mar 2012, 13:36
Theres probably a thread already discussing this, feel free to redirect me.

Usually when people hear the idea of introducing multiplayer to primarily/originally singleplayer games, fans get hostile, but in the end thats just word association.

Arena multiplayer flat out sucks.

But do you think there could potential for future Deus Ex installments to accommodate co-op? Or free roam multiplayer (ala GTA)? Or how about meta forms of multiplayer like those featured in Dark/Demon Souls or Journey?

JCpies
31st Mar 2012, 18:54
But do you think there could potential for future Deus Ex installments to accommodate co-op?

I don't really see how it could be incorporated in an entertaining way. It might make for some interesting tactics and co-ordination, but this would have to be in single levels with little depth.

Or free roam multiplayer (ala GTA)?

Would be an interesting feature if the maps were as big as Heng Sha but without loading screens, but still Deus Ex isn't a sand box game.

Or how about meta forms of multiplayer like those featured in Dark/Demon Souls or Journey?

Wouldn't make sense in the game and would be a bit of 'fluff' that gets in the way of the immersive experience.

To sum up my thoughts, unless they can make a balanced multiplayer in which augmentations, strategy and teamwork play a vital role, then I don't think it would even be worth the development time.