PDA

View Full Version : David Bateson's Thoughts

Overdose
29th Mar 2012, 21:09
I don't know how many of you have read his website, but I've been checking it for a while now, and I just saw this:

It’s not been a dull year so far. To all the fans of the computer game series Hitman, I am extremely disappointed to announce that after 11 years as the voice of Agent 47, I have been unceremoniously dropped from the franchise. May I take this opportunity to warmly thank all those who have written to me in support.

I really appreciate it and I only hope for your sakes, Hitman Absolution lives up to all our expectations. I am sure it will. I have been honoured to have been a part of such an incredible game.

For legal reasons, I cannot comment further at the moment.

Kind regards,
David
I don't mean to be a whiner or something, but I would like to know why he was removed in the first place. Eleven years, ain't that enough to make him stay? Did he do anything wrong? Just let us know.

nonprofitkilla
29th Mar 2012, 21:54
There used to be a topic on here, where someone had posted an email from David Bateson in regards to the VA issue, and while I don't remember every single word, I do remember very clearly that he was not even contacted in regards to doing any voicework for this game, his faxes and calls to IO/Eidos went unheeded and he never even received a response as to why he wasn't able to do the VO.

And everyone wants to know why he has been dumped, there has been absolutely no response from IO/Eidos as to the reasoning behind their decision.

mcescher1
30th Mar 2012, 01:45
my guess.....

the 47 we have come to know and love... is now dead... or something

annnnd THAT is why "47" kills Dianna 'boom' :eek: - also why 47 has his new look 'double boom' :nut: - anddd also why david bateson is not doing the voice ' triple boom ' :mad2:

'da boom' your mind is blown :lmao: .. i know ... your welcome

CoolDust
30th Mar 2012, 02:07
The fact that they didn't even reply to him is very unprofessional! I just dont understand why they decided to use someone else, its not like he didn't want to do it. I remember a few years back he said that he was in the studio recording the dialog for a new Hitman game. Then came E3 last year and we found out he got the boot. Maybe something happened that we dont know about?

I just hope the new guy isn't too bad..

Overdose
30th Mar 2012, 09:50
What I would really like to know is why wasn't he selected. Just a valid reason to understand what's going on. Hanging on his website, I found this media file (http://www.davidbateson.dk/play/&file=95). I am gonna miss his voice a lot.

MrAtmea
30th Mar 2012, 10:54
What I would really like to know is why wasn't he selected. Just a valid reason to understand what's going on. Hanging on his website, I found this media file (http://www.davidbateson.dk/play/&file=95). I am gonna miss his voice a lot.

Just the way he said that send chills down my spine. No one can do a better voice for 47.

Overdose
31st Mar 2012, 21:28
I really don't know what to believe, and the fact that the developers are quiet, brings only disappointment. In his message, David said "For legal reasons, I cannot comment further at the moment." - does that mean he was threatened with lawsuits if he reveals the real reasons behind this?

GebelTheRebel
1st Apr 2012, 13:13
I really don't know what to believe, and the fact that the developers are quiet, brings only disappointment. In his message, David said "For legal reasons, I cannot comment further at the moment." - does that mean he was threatened with lawsuits if he reveals the real reasons behind this?

We can only speculate.

I'd really like some kind of response from the team in this thread, at least give US fans some sort of conclusion.

sgg847
1st Apr 2012, 20:09
A title David Bateson's chicks would have been more attractive.

Overdose
1st Apr 2012, 20:43
Seeking across other boards of discussions, it seems like a member from the HitmanForum (http://hitmanforum.com) has contacted David in order to find out the real reasons behind his removal. According to this thread (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=433661), it seems like he auditioned for 47's role in September 2009 and was approved, but after that, he didn't received any notifications. After several calls, e-mails and text messages, Bateson gave up and unofficially admitted to himself that this was the end. In my humble opinion, it is a terrible way to treat someone, regardless of what he may have done. This will bring a bad reputation to the developers, unless they want to clear out the smoke.

Off-topic: @sgg847 - your post is more than useless, please refrain from replying, unless you have something helpful to say.

sgg847
1st Apr 2012, 22:01
Seeking across other boards of discussions, it seems like a member from the HitmanForum (http://hitmanforum.com) has contacted David in order to find out the real reasons behind his removal. According to this thread (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=433661), it seems like he auditioned for 47's role in September 2009 and was approved, but after that, he didn't received any notifications. After several calls, e-mails and text messages, Bateson gave up and unofficially admitted to himself that this was the end. In my humble opinion, it is a terrible way to treat someone, regardless of what he may have done. This will bring a bad reputation to the developers, unless they want to clear out the smoke.

Off-topic: @sgg847 - your post is more than useless, please refrain from replying, unless you have something helpful to say.

If he had come to them on a tank then he would have been deserved more respect. But he deserves more respect than those who so easily accepted substitution of Vivienne McKee.

If you had used logic instead of whining then you would have found that if due to legal reason he can't disclose any information then , of course, he was not able to reveal information about his participation in the future game. If he did it, you should not cry over spilt milk because the terms of non-disclosure agreement was broken by him. So, the most proper answer will be - It is not your business why they replaced him.

nonprofitkilla
2nd Apr 2012, 00:22
If he had come to them on a tank then he would have been deserved more respect. But he deserves more respect than those who so easily accepted substitution of Vivienne McKee.

If you had used logic instead of whining then you would have found that if due to legal reason he can't disclose any information then , of course, he was not able to reveal information about his participation in the future game. If he did it, you should not cry over spilt milk because the terms of non-disclosure agreement was broken by him. So, the most proper answer will be - It is not your business why they replaced him.

Pretty sure that if a VA is cast in a game, NDA or not, he can say that he was cast.

Now the legal comment makes me wonder if he's involved in a lawsuit with the devs, although why I can't imagine.

Also make your punctuation better, I had to re-read your comment a few times to understand it

shobhit777777
2nd Apr 2012, 05:24
Pretty sure that if a VA is cast in a game, NDA or not, he can say that he was cast.

Now the legal comment makes me wonder if he's involved in a lawsuit with the devs, although why I can't imagine.

Also make your punctuation better, I had to re-read your comment a few times to understand it

I still think that NDA applies even if the VA has been casted as disclosure of said appointment automatically reveals the existence of a game which the devs were trying to keep hush-hush.

We have heard only Bateson's side of the story. Lets give IO the benefit of the doubt.
Until we have the complete picture lets keep our opinions to ourselves.

If Bateson has indeed been treated like that...then Shame on IO...until then lets just focus on the game. Besides David is a talented VA. He'll find work somewhere else.

sgg847
2nd Apr 2012, 09:16
Why is the new actor silent as the grave in that case? (it is rhetorical question)

You are reading different news but without desire to analyse them and their sources.

Overdose
14th Apr 2012, 07:58
Regardless of what you say "sgg847", removing Bateson was totally a wrong decision and honestly I will miss him a lot. That's what I was trying to express through this thread, because once used with a VA, usually you want to stick with that VA. Plus, removing him in such a manner is wrong.

sgg847
14th Apr 2012, 11:47
Regardless of what you say "sgg847", removing Bateson was totally a wrong decision and honestly I will miss him a lot. That's what I was trying to express through this thread, because once used with a VA, usually you want to stick with that VA. Plus, removing him in such a manner is wrong.

1. I will miss the voice of Vivienne McKee. She also was removed in such manner. Why is nobody crying about it?
2. When they announce Ray Stevenson as a new voice actor then the big part of crying people will disappear in nowhere. The rest of them will do the same after releasing of the game.

tbcdlad
7th May 2012, 21:18
Guys, relax. First off, I just have to say that Bateson did a marvelous job playing as the voice for 47 for all these years, but who are we to say why he was removed. First off, if its some sort of contractual issue, it is not any of our business anyway, and have you guys really lost all faith in IO just because they didn't bring back two voice actors when they easily could replace them with better actors. Some people are just pessimistic by nature I suppose.

nonprofitkilla
7th May 2012, 22:32
Guys, relax. First off, I just have to say that Bateson did a marvelous job playing as the voice for 47 for all these years, but who are we to say why he was removed. First off, if its some sort of contractual issue, it is not any of our business anyway, and have you guys really lost all faith in IO just because they didn't bring back two voice actors when they easily could replace them with better actors. Some people are just pessimistic by nature I suppose.

I don't know if it's just the fact that they replaced him that's bothering a lot of fans, I think it's also the fact that he was completely ignored, and that he was not responded to at all. Say what you want but that is just ignorant and bad.

MrJohnson
8th May 2012, 13:31
I found it today
https://twitter.com/#!/IOInteractive/status/28668341925
Considering what's known today about this, it's kinda... funny?

tbcdlad
9th May 2012, 00:43
I don't know if it's just the fact that they replaced him that's bothering a lot of fans, I think it's also the fact that he was completely ignored, and that he was not responded to at all. Say what you want but that is just ignorant and bad.

Oh, I agree completely. I feel that it isn't right that IO didn't answer Bateson's calls too and it is very ignorant and bad that they didn't respond to Bateson, although we do not know the entire story. What I am trying to explain is that IO Interactive probably didn't do this without any reason that they believed was for the good of the game, and the company's Hitman franchise hasn't failed us yet, so don't doubt their decision just yet.

Overdose
12th May 2012, 23:04
Regardless of the reasons that Bateson was removed, they should have let the community and fans worldwide know about this "how and why". That's the thing that bothers me the most, to be honest. Let us know why Bateson was removed so we can all be quiet and accept the facts as they are.