PDA

View Full Version : DX4 - Cyberpunk transcended

WarBaby2
29th Mar 2012, 14:00
Hey people,

Since it's prette much obvous that DX:HR is over for good (haven't heard of any future DLC, atleast), I started to mill around with new ideas for a sequel... and I'll post one that I have been waiting to be realized in a game for years now.

DX4 should be centered around "body/mind hacking"!

Think about it: Not only would you be able to evolve and customoze one body, but different, cybernet shells to fit certain scenarios (one for conversations, one for combat, one for stealth, etc.). The main character would have to a master hacker that is able to transfer her/his conscious into other bodies... as long as they are cybernet or have a networked brain, of course. This concept, coupled with, let's say, virtual reality hacking (yo know, in 3d) would make for THE ultimate cyberpunk experience.

I know, it seems like a ripoff of Ghost in the Shell, and it is... but it still would be cool to see something like that realized in a game with DXs mood and technology.

Think about it Eidos!^^

El_Bel
29th Mar 2012, 16:31
Nice idea for a new IP. Too bad it doesn't fit the Deus Ex world.

Solid_1723
29th Mar 2012, 18:05
Yeah, if the game was realy centered around this it wouldn't fit the established world of DX anymore, but I'd like to see some of the features you proposed in DX4 nevertheless. The puppeteering part for example is already in DX:HR.

WarBaby2
29th Mar 2012, 20:06
Yeah, if the game was realy centered around this it wouldn't fit the established world of DX anymore, but I'd like to see some of the features you proposed in DX4 nevertheless. The puppeteering part for example is already in DX:HR.

Exactly. I think the themes are already there... and if they do a true sequel of HR, disregarding/sidestepping the original games, they could very well make this work. There is "ghost hacking" and AIs in HR already.

El_Bel
31st Mar 2012, 03:02
But if they disregard the original games, on what ground should they call it Deus Ex?

Jerion
31st Mar 2012, 04:48
The idea of controlling another human being as a proxy is actually quite present in DX:HR -- it's even a plot point! -- The hacker in Sarif Manufacturing for example.

Including that idea as an aug might be interesting, but making that sort of thing the main focus of the game wouldn't really fit with the DX experience.

OMGITSJASON
31st Mar 2012, 05:18
That is more Ghost in the Shell than anything. I just caught your last line so you know its Ghost in the Shell haha.

m G h m u o s
31st Mar 2012, 13:39
:O You know this sounds just like the recent games Syndicate and Mindjack lol?

Saerain
13th Apr 2012, 01:32
But if they disregard the original games, on what ground should they call it Deus Ex? Although I'm not terribly interested in the scenario the OP presents, it is a hope of mine that EM doesn't consider itself religiously bound to the canon of Ion Storm's Deus Ex, and is looking at HR as more of a reboot than a prequel, especially when it comes to things like the Greys.

Not to mention nano-augmentation being prevented for 30 years by immune response difficulties (and even then confined to the ‘genetically compatible’) when all you'd need is a near-nanometer smooth surface, such as through passive diamond exteriors (and later, active surface management), for anyone's immune system to be blind to it.

OMGITSJASON
13th Apr 2012, 06:04
:O You know this sounds just like the recent games Syndicate and Mindjack lol?

Syndicate yep. They have the whole "make the enemy commit suicide" thing down pat.