PDA

View Full Version : Hacking Help-getting started

Robbman
25th Mar 2012, 19:44
I'm having trouble getting onto the 'rules' of the hacking game...have read some walkthroughs and the forum posts but still can't get the hang of it. Anyone know a site or help to get the basics of hacking in general? thanks,

Robmann

Annor
26th Mar 2012, 18:24
To be honest I had problems with it at the beginning as well. It needs multiple attempts to get the hang of it. First of all after deciding to hack check how the nodes are located. Think which route is best for you to complete the hacking. It isn't always the shortest one. And in multiple times it's better to aim for Diagnostic Subroutine rather than than obvious Registry. Additionally capturing Diagnostic Subroutine gives you all the extra rewards avaible for that certain hack. Btw - don't sweat it when you fail multiple times - but learn from your mistakes - if the tracing progresses at terryfying speed after you get noticed don't hesitate to use Worm as fast as possible (but once most of the times). If the first Node you'll need to hack will make your presence aware propably then nuke it. Every hacking mini game can actually be beat using nuke spam but I'd rather discourage you to do that. And finally that hardest advice of them all... hacking is actually about one thing. Making multiple things at the same time. Deciding on routes, defending your position by capturing nodes that might be used to find you, defending the nodes you already posses, and deciding if there's any need to use any of the worm, nuke softwares. It's all about making those at the same time. Like clicking to capture a node and strenghtening your own while waiting for it to happen and all under time pressure :) Yeah - pure fun - though it's very satysfying once you get the hang of it. Hope I helped you at least a bit.

Robbman
27th Mar 2012, 00:10
Thanks, Annor, sure did help...am staying with it and making some progress..One f/u question, though:I don't seem to have any Worm or Nuke Viruses...Will I accumulate them as I proceed?
thanks,
Robbman

OwenyOlgao
27th Mar 2012, 02:00
It needs multiple attempts to get the hang of it.
http://www.ihatespam.info/song3.jpghttp://www.ihatespam.info/song2.jpg
http://www.sunlian.net/6.jpg

Tverdyj
27th Mar 2012, 02:39
Thanks, Annor, sure did help...am staying with it and making some progress..One f/u question, though:I don't seem to have any Worm or Nuke Viruses...Will I accumulate them as I proceed?
thanks,
Robbman

You should find your first batch in th eMilwaukee plant, following the hacking tutorial.

Afterwards, they will be scattered in-game and available for sale.

Sometimes you will be able to get more programs by hacking resource nodes during your average hack. resource nodes will provide either XP, money, Nukes or Worms.

As someone previously mentioned, hacking the opponent's starting point will automatically grant you access to all the resource nodes.

Annor
27th Mar 2012, 05:27
As kud13 mentioned Worms and Nukes are scattered throught the game. You may either find them lying (they look like a red/blue DVD case), buy em from vendors but you get em mostly from... hacking. At some point you'll want to attemt perfect hacks which means hacking either Diagnostic Subroutine or capturing all Datastores - these can either have little cash reward, exp or one of those Nuke / Worms softwares. When I first beat the game I think I had like 50 of each, but I was unecessary saving them for god knows what.
Ow... and btw - last thing - since the minigames for hacking are repeating (and sometimes a lot) if you find your way to beat that certain set you'll bet it again with the same method, and again, and again - till you'll get good enough to beat em all the time. Of course invest in Aug called Hacking:Stealth accordingly to your Hacking:Capture Aug. Should be somethin like this:
1 lvl Capture = 0 Stealth
2 lvl Capture = 1 Stealth
3 lvl Capture = 2 Stealth
4-5 lvl Capture = 3 Stealth
that's in order for making most of hacking attempts doable without any additional software (Worms and Nukes)