PDA

View Full Version : Just beat the game and..

Bawls
22nd Mar 2012, 00:10
I just beat the game and I was wondering if there is anyway to go back and play the game with all my saved data and get more praxis because I want to be fully upgraded. So is there anyway I can do this?

OMGITSJASON
22nd Mar 2012, 01:30
I would just start from the beginning and collect every one with a guide. But that is just me. Do Praxis kits even carry over? I forget.

Stellazira
22nd Mar 2012, 02:49
No, there's no way to go back which is why there are warnings at certain points in the game. Praxis kits also don't carry over through playthroughs: you start from scratch every time you start a new game.

Bawls
22nd Mar 2012, 10:23
That's not cool, but oh well I guess I got to replay it

Stellazira
22nd Mar 2012, 16:37
Considering how you can unlock a huge amount of augmentations in one playthrough, if you kept them for a subsequent playthrough you'd be ridiculously overpowered. You'd probably unlock everything before you reached the half-way point of the next playthrough, which leaves very little challenge for the rest of the game.

xaduha
22nd Mar 2012, 16:44
Half of augs is useless and/or of utility type.
Ridiculously overpowered? Not without a spoon in other hand you're not.

Zerim
22nd Mar 2012, 17:26
Well, I can only speak from my personal experience, but overall I found Human Revolution WAY too easy, even on my first playthrough, which I also played on the hardest difficulty. The game becomes especially easy when you play it with a combination of stealth and shooting with silenced guns.

On my first playthrough, I willingly didn't even get the invisibility aug just because I knew it would make the game way too easy. Plus, I don't really think there's any chance in hell we'll have personal invisibility systems available in 2027, so ignoring that also helped with the immersion.

Senka
23rd Mar 2012, 01:23
In my current (2nd, on and off again) playthrough I've just gotten to the 2nd hub without using the silencer on the 10mm. This is kinda to encourage me to use the crossbow, since its such a lovely weapon based of an equally impressive real crossbow. Does make it a little harder, but some areas I just sneak through anyway.

Mustapha Mond
23rd Mar 2012, 05:28
I've only played through the game twice so far (just started my third today, actually), but both times I had 13 praxis points left over by its conclusion. It would be cool if it gave you an option to carry over your character stats to a new game, but it would also considerably lessen the difficulty. I'll admit that I enjoy playing god mode on games after I've beaten them several times -- especially in one like Deus Ex that has so much content to explore -- but it makes it far less engrossing.

I keep telling myself that I'm going to play it as a gun slingin' cavalier, but I still end up sneaking around and being nice to people. I don't know why I feel compelled to be scrupulous in a virtual world, heh.