PDA

View Full Version : Console vs PC?

djwoo91
19th Mar 2012, 01:19
So i played blood money PC, in fact, didnt own a xbox360 until this past winter.

My pc is rather old so i should probably get absolution for the 360, but im somewhat worried.
Im not very good with the 360 controller and i have logged hundreds of hours on blood money on pc so i am very familiar with the pc controls.

can someone who has played blood money on 360 and pc let me know if there are any significant differences? is it just as easy to control as pc?

thx

will1819
19th Mar 2012, 12:59
In my honest opinion i think its alot better on xbox than pc once you get used to it. I was the same as you but made the change to 360 and played blood money again on pc, it just didnt feel right.

sgg847
19th Mar 2012, 14:33
Due to movement of main character and some other features you won't feel difference between gamepad and keyboard with mouse.

P.S. Control layout of HBM was totally broken as on PC as well on Consoles.

shobhit777777
19th Mar 2012, 15:26
You might take some time getting used to aiming and shooting...but it never is as precise as a PC. I can take quick precise headshots on the PC...on the consoles..not so much.

RS6
20th Mar 2012, 23:15
console all the way feels better

Thoth42
21st Mar 2012, 17:40
Played Blood Money on PC the priors on console and most likely will play Absolution on PC and using a 360 controller(if the support is good which I don't see being an issue).

CoolDust
24th Mar 2012, 19:33
Here is what i played each title on:

- Hitman 1 = PC
- Hitman 2 = PC > PS2 > Xbox > Game Cube (Played in this order)
- Hitman 3 = Xbox > PS2
- Hitman 4 = 360 > Xbox > PS2
- Hitman 5 = PS3 (Would absolutely love a Vita version *Wink* :p)

Just after Hitman 2 was when i started to pull away from PC gaming, got all my gaming needs from consoles and it was just more convenient. I also enjoy the Hitman games much more with a controller! :) Cant wait to conquer everything 5 has to offer on PS3 then probably do it all over on 360.

Barez
24th Mar 2012, 20:04
Here is what i played each title on:

- Hitman 1 = PC
- Hitman 2 = PC > PS2 > Xbox > Game Cube (Played in this order)
- Hitman 3 = Xbox > PS2
- Hitman 4 = 360 > Xbox > PS2
- Hitman 5 = PS3 (Would absolutely love a Vita version *Wink* :p)

Just after Hitman 2 was when i started to pull away from PC gaming, got all my gaming needs from consoles and it was just more convenient. I also enjoy the Hitman games much more with a controller! :) Cant wait to conquer everything 5 has to offer on PS3 then probably do it all over on 360.

you have many consoles for being a PC gamer lol ...

CoolDust
24th Mar 2012, 20:53
you have many consoles for being a PC gamer lol ...

Im not a PC gamer anymore, i was before Hitman 2 but after that i transferred to consoles. Come to think of it Hitman 2 might have been the last game i completed on PC! As for owning multiple versions it was done years apart. Had to have the Hitman games for all my consoles! ;)

sgg847
25th Mar 2012, 10:43
Im not a PC gamer anymore, i was before Hitman 2 but after that i transferred to consoles. Come to think of it Hitman 2 might have been the last game i completed on PC! As for owning multiple versions it was done years apart. Had to have the Hitman games for all my consoles! ;)

Do you know about Xinput?
PC versions of Hitman also have gamepad support but without feedback :(

CoolDust
25th Mar 2012, 13:41
Do you know about Xinput?
PC versions of Hitman also have gamepad support but without feedback :(

Yep i do indeed, still dont think my PC could handle Absolution! :o It could run it but not at a high setting so i might as well get it for my PS3. I was tempted to buy the games from Steam in the sale.

sgg847
25th Mar 2012, 16:06
Yep i do indeed, still dont think my PC could handle Absolution! :o It could run it but not at a high setting so i might as well get it for my PS3. I was tempted to buy the games from Steam in the sale.

Here you picked up the key. Eternal dispute about PC vs Console is completely stupid. The main problem in control system which can rise to the top or destroy everything in the game.

Agent_47@ICA
27th Mar 2012, 09:33
Considering that Absolution is being made on the PS3, That will be my choice, that and PS3 has Blue-ray which is more durable then your standard PC Disc or your XBOX Disc, That and in my opinion PS3 has much better graphics than the XBOX.

4s4sin96
14th Jun 2012, 12:51
The diff. is that PC RULE!

Platinumoxicity
14th Jun 2012, 14:12
My pc is rather old so i should probably get absolution for the 360, but im somewhat worried.

No worries my friend. Games are multiplatform these days. And you know what that means? All games are designed to work smoothly on hardware definitely older than your PC. I haven't upgraded in years, and new games still keep working just fine. Because the 360 is holding everything back, in the year 2006. Don't get me wrong, 2006 was a great year, and games already looked good enough back then.

I hope the next gen never arrives, so that game development wouldn't keep getting more expensive, and so that developers wouldn't need to homogenize everything into a shapeless goo of mediocrity in order to appeal to larger audiences, to make up for the multi-million dollar investment in developing the game. If this doesn't change, there will be another video game crash. All games would be exactly the same because anything new is a financial risk. Then nobody would buy games anymore and the whole industry would collapse.

Also, I wouldn't need to keep buying newer parts for my PC which would mean that I would have more money for more games. :) Which reminds me... piracy would probably decrease too.

MasterSegos
21st Jun 2012, 15:33
Well as i can say PC wins almost always:
The controls are made in such a good position so you dont have problem by searching the right button every time plus its almost never necessary to do the classic hold controller's button for that/press controller's button for something else

Katie_Fleming
21st Jun 2012, 16:10
I only play on PC but I think it just comes down to personal preference. I always found controllers weird and the keyboard much easier - so whichever you're happier playing on ;)

tbcdlad
21st Jun 2012, 17:31
Considering that Absolution is being made on the PS3, That will be my choice, that and PS3 has Blue-ray which is more durable then your standard PC Disc or your XBOX Disc, That and in my opinion PS3 has much better graphics than the XBOX.

I agree with you. PS3 is their lead console for the game, so I'm going with PS3 as well.

VIPERGTSR01
22nd Jun 2012, 03:04
PC only for me, I hate playing games like this with gamepads. I just hope HM:A comes with a first person viewpoint option like the previous bunch did.

Rekalty
22nd Jun 2012, 09:21
PC only for me, I hate playing games like this with gamepads. I just hope HM:A comes with a first person viewpoint option like the previous bunch did.

Hitman: Codename 47 didnt have 1st person view.

That said, 4x PC so far and no plans to change itl