PDA

View Full Version : Mod request.

AngelOfIron
2nd Mar 2012, 05:35
Greetings folks! If I had any technical know-how I'd do this myself, but as I don't I figured turning to the community is the next most logical step. I'm looking for somebody to create a mod for me for DX:HR that modifies both the Explosive Mission Pack and Tactical Enhancement DLCs slightly. The mod should be fairly simple as it won't be adding anything per se. What it would do is the following:

Disable the two "thank you for purchasing this DLC" messages that preempt the cutscene that begins just prior to the VTOL touching down at the Sarif Manufacturing Plant.

Disable the script that automatically deposits the double-barrel shotgun and Whisperhead silenced sniper rifle into the player's inventory upon touching down at the Sarif Manufacturing Plant.

Replace the assault rifle that Jensen keeps on the table in his apartment in front of the TV with the aforementioned double-barrel, making it look as though it were a custom piece of Jensen's that he had out in preparation to service.

Thanks in advance!

lowenz
2nd Mar 2012, 09:45
Good idea about double-barrel shotgun, in fact its design suits well the Renaissance-styled apartment of Jensen and makes more sense there.

AngelOfIron
2nd Mar 2012, 10:01
Good idea about double-barrel shotgun, in fact its design suits well the Renaissance-styled apartment of Jensen and makes more sense there.

Glad ya think so. When I got the Tactical Enhancement Pack I threw a bit of a fit when I realized how poorly it was thrown together; so much so that I made a thread here on the forums asking if I could uninstall it. When I was frankly told "shut up, no you can't" I tried to think of what I could do to rectify it and ultimately the idea to mod the game to compensate for it all game to mind. I just hope somebody out there can help me realize it.

Zerim
2nd Mar 2012, 11:08
Yeah these are all good ideas.

lowenz
2nd Mar 2012, 13:38
When I got the Tactical Enhancement Pack I threw a bit of a fit when I realized how poorly it was thrown together
Same problem (or fail) for the DLCs for Oblivion in 2006/2007, if you remember :D

AngelOfIron
2nd Mar 2012, 19:58
Same problem (or fail) for the DLCs for Oblivion in 2006/2007, if you remember :D Oblivion wasn't something I played much of, so it didn't bother me much if at all. Deus Ex on the other hand... well...:cool:

AngelOfIron
4th Apr 2012, 06:36
Bump in the hopes somebody is still willing to help me with this. :whistle:

ilweran
4th Apr 2012, 10:19
Disable the two "thank you for purchasing this DLC" messages that preempt the cutscene that begins just prior to the VTOL touching down at the Sarif Manufacturing Plant.

If anyone could do something about this - or in my case the 'Thank for pre-ordering the game' screen that comes up at this point - I'd be grateful. Talk about complete loss of immersion... :rolleyes:

JCpies
4th Apr 2012, 15:46
If anyone could do something about this - or in my case the 'Thank for pre-ordering the game' screen that comes up at this point - I'd be grateful. Talk about complete loss of immersion... :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know how you feel. It destroyed the total experience while the third person cover system maintained 100% realism.

AngelOfIron
4th Apr 2012, 20:29
Yeah, I know how you feel. It destroyed the total experience while the third person cover system maintained 100% realism.

Well I gotta say I'm pleased there are fans out there that share my sentiments. I do kinna find it odd tho' that after all this time no modders have stepped forward to take up the cause, so to speak. >_<

Tverdyj
4th Apr 2012, 21:02
no mod tools=task complicated.

or so i'd gather. I don't make mods.

lastpawn
4th Apr 2012, 21:42
Word, OP. It's nice of the developers to "Thank me" but it would be even nicer if they could do it in a way that was less immersion-breaking.

Romeo
4th Apr 2012, 22:38
Word, OP. It's nice of the developers to "Thank me" but it would be even nicer if they could do it in a way that was less immersion-breaking.
Via datapad.

Thank you Eidos, I'll collect my cheques now.

Ashpolt
5th Apr 2012, 04:02
Via datapad.

Thank you Eidos, I'll collect my cheques now.

Or....not at all.

I don't need a pat on the back for buying DLC thanks. The DLC itself will be enough...hopefully. And if it's not, tha pat on the back will seem more like a slap in the face, so bad move either way!

nsf001
5th Apr 2012, 07:01
Is there any ways to make Jense run faster?

AngelOfIron
20th Apr 2012, 21:14
no mod tools=task complicated.

or so i'd gather. I don't make mods.

Damn, really? I mean about the mod tools. I figured what with the Debug Mode mod that there WERE Mod tools. FFFFFF. >_<

Jerion
20th Apr 2012, 23:16
Damn, really? I mean about the mod tools. I figured what with the Debug Mode mod that there WERE Mod tools. FFFFFF. >_<

Well, no. Dev tools, those of course exist. They are also kept exclusively in-house unless released in some form as an SDK. Mod tools, no. Those don't exist for DX:HR. Given SE's attitude about the Crystal engine, I'd say it's likely to stay that way for some time, or perhaps forever. So if you reaaaallly want some tools to mod this game, they're going to have to come from somebody in the community. It happened with Halo 1 (IIRC). I'm sure there's somebody willing to put in the time and effort make it happen here. Of course, Halo 1 modding beyond throwing trees around Blood Gulch or tricking out warthogs to fly and shoot guided rockets was a bit like pulling teeth without anesthetic, but it could be done. Hell, I made a version of Death Island that had turrets on the bases, jethogs, destructable, flyable pelicans...it was awesome.

Tecman
21st Apr 2012, 09:06
So far all we have (when I last updated/compiled them for myself) are some extractor/packager tools for only some of the file formats. This did allow people to make very basic mods (changing some variables, or in the case of the Debug menu, discovering existing assets and re-enabling them) but even those were tricky to identify, since the scripts aren't in a user-friendly format right now (it's all limited to HEX-editing pretty much). I know I saw screenshots of a prototype model viewer as well (and someone figured out how to port models to XNALara with some data corruption unfortunately), so it's not like it's impossible, just hard.

Gibbed is awesome, but he tends to shift from project to project as he has a lot of toolsets out there for a lot of games. And making something that would allow actual modding would take a lot of effort from multiple people who really know their stuff.

AngelOfIron
8th Jun 2012, 01:55
So far all we have (when I last updated/compiled them for myself) are some extractor/packager tools for only some of the file formats. This did allow people to make very basic mods (changing some variables, or in the case of the Debug menu, discovering existing assets and re-enabling them) but even those were tricky to identify, since the scripts aren't in a user-friendly format right now (it's all limited to HEX-editing pretty much). I know I saw screenshots of a prototype model viewer as well (and someone figured out how to port models to XNALara with some data corruption unfortunately), so it's not like it's impossible, just hard.

Gibbed is awesome, but he tends to shift from project to project as he has a lot of toolsets out there for a lot of games. And making something that would allow actual modding would take a lot of effort from multiple people who really know their stuff.

True, true... Damn. I wish I'd seen this reply sooner. I'm slipping, big time. Still though I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that somebody in the near-future, somebody will be able to make this mod idea of mine a reality. Because, damn it, it still bugs the hell out of me these problems. :p