PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo Idea

soulgenesis2.0
1st Mar 2012, 06:22
Hi,

I tried using the forums search feature but nothing came up even remotely related to this so sorry if you've seen all this before.

Basically I'm looking to get my first tattoo and ever since I watched the trailer with the quote "who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become", I've always thought about that quote. What I would like to know is who originally said this? If Eidos made it up, was it based on anything? And are there any similar quotes to this you know of?

Thanks for the help.

biofuel
5th Mar 2012, 16:56
I don't know, but personally I wouldn't advise getting a tattoo - you might regret it in later life.

Zerim
5th Mar 2012, 18:16
I don't know, but personally I wouldn't advise getting a tattoo - you might regret it in later life.

In which case I suggest going with "I never asked for this".

Even if you regret it later it will retain it's meaning!

TrickyVein
5th Mar 2012, 21:54
Reading "...a stepping stone..." on your skin as it begins to fade and sag and as you age would be pretty depressing. I think Zerim has the right idea.

Ashpolt
6th Mar 2012, 00:09
Reading "...a stepping stone..." on your skin as it begins to fade and sag and as you age would be pretty depressing. I think Zerim has the right idea.

But it'd be a lie! He did ask for this!

If I were to ever get a tattoo, it'd be of the Deus Ex logo. But I won't.

TrickyVein
6th Mar 2012, 02:10
Where would it be, Ashpolt?

On your bald spot? :D

Ashpolt
6th Mar 2012, 02:21
Where would it be, Ashpolt?

On your bald spot? :D

I'd need a bigger tattoo for that. :D

Pinky_Powers
6th Mar 2012, 02:23
There's only one tattoo to get, and you all know it.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-VA-DqGGFKfg/TfwZmObf_rI/AAAAAAAAAMM/AfigPX3heJI/s1600/a-bomb-JC.png

A BOMB!

Ilves
6th Mar 2012, 02:58
Compulsory reading (http://www.newcriterion.com/articles.cfm/demello-dalrymple-2647) for anyone contemplating getting inked. What a riot, that man. :D

SageSavage
6th Mar 2012, 08:29
I like tattoos and have got some myself but I'd advise that once you've had an idea for a motive to wait for at least a year or two to go by and then see if you're still into that idea. Choosing is by far the hardest part for me. For me, tattoos need to be reminders of something that I never want to forget, not fashion. Either in the sense of "signs of the times", kind of like the rings on the trunk of a tree or in the sense of universal messages, the you feel bound to, a pact with yourself, if you will.

As long as they have a real meaning for you, the only thing that could make you regret them is that they were done poorly (choose your inker very carefully) or that you don't stand by your own decisions anymore, which is generally just a bad attitude. Even if the tattoo loses it's meaning sometimes, it still represents a significant part of your development.

IwantedOrange
6th Mar 2012, 13:28
My advice to you (although you won't listen to it):

Don't disfigure your body. At that moment, when your heart realise, how godless that phrase is, you'll probably regret it.

Between the lines, it says:
"Gods creation isn't good enough. We can make it better with our own effort."
Have you ever thought about that?
Finally, it is your decision.

TrickyVein
6th Mar 2012, 18:49
^^ Not sure if serious? Animism is so much cooler.

@ Ilves: that sounds like anthropology! I'm afraid that the reviewer told us more about himself than the book though...

glyph07
6th Mar 2012, 19:20
I had just one tattoo done and it wasn't anything I've seen drawn around; in fact the guy who makes tattooes drew directly on my belly. I just knew the subject and then we experimented a bit. When I was satisfied with the drawing he passed to the needle. My advice therefore is to find first an idea which is really meaningful to you; then use a simple palette colour. It's benn 10 years since I had mine done and I'm still incredibly happy with it, kinda curious to see how it will look when I get really old :D

OMGITSJASON
13th Mar 2012, 23:20
I have absolutely no idea. Google it and see what ya get.