PDA

View Full Version : Public Challenge - All Augments Unlocked

HVAC_Techie
29th Feb 2012, 21:00
So, I noticed today, out of chance, a loading screen's tip was something along the lines of "It is impossible to unlock all Augmentations. Use your Praxis Kits wisely."

Now, I'm not quite sure if that's totally true. I mean just playing normally and not really trying to get Praxis, maybe not. But there's a lot of things out there. There's Traveller, Explorer, Pathfinder and Trailblazer bonuses for 100, 200, 300 and 400 respectively. There's the Silver Tongue bonus for a whopping 1,000. There's various bonuses from sidequests. There's the unique eBooks, giving 200 apiece. And you can't forget the standard getting things done bonus.

And it goes on...there's a fair amount of hacking to do, of course. Robots and turrets can give anywhere from 45 to 250 points for the hunk of junk bonus. Some areas you might get more points for Ghost + Smooth Operator, which is 750, and some areas you might get more points for taking down guards silently - 10 points for man down, 20 for Merciful, and 20 for the takedown... you'd need at least 16 guards, or a mix of guards and robots to top that.

Not to mention you can find Praxis kits at limb clinics, hidden in certain areas and safes, and even from aforementioned sidequests.

With all these things, you could really look into how to really milk an area of each and every last point towards getting a Praxis point. It's a really big world out there... it is really not possible to unlock all augments, despite having so many hidden things everywhere to get points and Praxis from? :confused:

Zerim
29th Feb 2012, 21:09
People have already shown that it IS possible to unlock all augments in a single playthrough. So yeah, it's possible, and not even that hard at all, actually.

On my first playthrough I think I had only like three augments still locked by the time I finished the game.

HVAC_Techie
29th Feb 2012, 21:13
People have already shown that it IS possible to unlock all augments in a single playthrough. So yeah, it's possible, and not even that hard at all, actually.

On my first playthrough I think I had only like three augments still locked by the time I finished the game.
Yeah I had like 7 or so, so it baffled me when it said that it was impossible... it struck me as false, seeing as how many things I'd baltantly missed during my playthrough.

If only they had been a bit smarter about that and made an achievement out of getting all Augs. WHAT A SHAME.

PugPug
1st Mar 2012, 00:56
They should have made us choose between augmentations, like in 1 and 2. You can only put one aug in your legs, one in your head, etc. Instead they tried to make us choose by limiting the praxis kits, only they didn't.

I was only missing a few my first time through without even trying to maximize XP, just by being thorough.

I think to get them all you need to use moveable objects to alter enemy patrol routes to line up extra double nonlethal takedowns. I don't know of any other tricks, aside from the infinite XP exploit. But you can't do it without doing something sneaky like that. I've never done it though, so I can't say how many extra double takedowns you need to pull off. I do know it takes a lot of patience to set one up.

Romeo
1st Mar 2012, 05:34
They should have made us choose between augmentations, like in 1 and 2. You can only put one aug in your legs, one in your head, etc. Instead they tried to make us choose by limiting the praxis kits, only they didn't.

I was only missing a few my first time through without even trying to maximize XP, just by being thorough.

I think to get them all you need to use moveable objects to alter enemy patrol routes to line up extra double nonlethal takedowns. I don't know of any other tricks, aside from the infinite XP exploit. But you can't do it without doing something sneaky like that. I've never done it though, so I can't say how many extra double takedowns you need to pull off. I do know it takes a lot of patience to set one up.
Aye, I always liked that too.

Is it actually possible though? I've tried "power-gaming" a playthrough, and I've still fallen short by three.

gyron
1st Mar 2012, 14:02
Yes, it's possible to unlock all the augs and you don't even need to bother with double takedowns if you have the additional DLC mission.

I'm not sure I'd call it easy, though. In six months since release I haven't seen anyone besides me (http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/File:DXHR_AllAugs_241770xp.png) and batmanexiled (http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/kf4bz/it_took_me_close_to_60_hours_but_it_was_totally/) doing it.

Serendip1ty
3rd Mar 2012, 22:40
You can argue the fact that they didn't really design the game to be explored thoroughly in one single play through (that includes hacking everything & taking every single enemy down with a take down).

Of course it's possible but it was not designed with that mindset. It's more like: choose your path/approach & continue the story instead of backtracking your movements.

OMGITSJASON
13th Mar 2012, 23:23
I'm sure there are gamers who did that already. There is always someone to do the "impossible" no-matter what game it is.