PDA

View Full Version : So Absolution is spin-off ?

jam13
25th Feb 2012, 01:52
Hitman: Absolution Q&A: IO Interactive Goes for the Throat (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/01/18/hitman-absolution-qa-io-interactive-goes-for-the-throat/)
Hitman: Absolution Isn’t A Reboot, But Not Part Of The Series’ Timeline Either (http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/18/hitman-absolution-isnt-a-reboot-but-not-part-of-the-series-timeline-either/)

That's why no origin voice actors and Kyd in Absolution :confused:
Well, at least Hitman: Damnation (http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/24/upcoming-hitman-novel-to-take-place-between-blood-money-and-hitman-absolution/) is follow-up to Hitman: Blood Money . I must read it .

BigBoss
25th Feb 2012, 07:59
If they start going with "multiple universes" I'm leaving.

Sam_kain
25th Feb 2012, 16:43
Totally agree, I think it is a very bad idea to have a different universe, It will mess things up.

Barez
25th Feb 2012, 16:49
Totally agree, I think it is a very bad idea to have a different universe, It will mess things up.

When that happens, i will just forget Absolution and play the Hitman who follows on Blood Money, easy as that. I love Hitman games, so I will always be positive to stay enjoying the game. :cool:

kadox
25th Feb 2012, 20:55
i waited too long for hitman game since blood money so i have faith for a good game

Sam_kain
25th Feb 2012, 21:02
When that happens, i will just forget Absolution and play the Hitman who follows on Blood Money, easy as that. I love Hitman games, so I will always be positive to stay enjoying the game. :cool:

So what if the next game is a sequel to Absolution ?!, how long will you wait till you say Absolution was the one that ruined the story or something ?!, I am just afraid that focusing on more than one universe may bring more harm than good.

Travis_IO
27th Feb 2012, 08:41
Absolution isn't a spin-off nor is it set in a different universe.

It's set in the same universe as the four previous games but doesn't directly follow up from Blood Money.

Barez
27th Feb 2012, 08:58
So what if the next game is a sequel to Absolution ?!, how long will you wait till you say Absolution was the one that ruined the story or something ?!, I am just afraid that focusing on more than one universe may bring more harm than good.

I think they will not go in different univerves and I also think they will follow on H:A and leave BM behind.. H:A is the start (i'm sure there will be an intro of what hes live was, is and what he usually do, who he is and for who he worked etc) Then new ppl and ofc we will understand the whole story in that one intro or what ever it might be! And that's the start of a new Hitman. It's like a movie, for exemple: there are movies that have a 4hour story and there like explaining everything in 5 minutes. Game starts (looking in the past, explaining his story) and Bam there is the old Hitman in a unusual situation, let's start :D when he get's this Job done he can start doing hes old job again and accepting 'normal' contracts and go completing them and yes! there is a new hitman game :D

Ps: i've read this like 3 times and it's a mess up so try to understand it :D lol.

BigBoss
27th Feb 2012, 12:17
Absolution isn't a spin-off nor is it set in a different universe.

It's set in the same universe as the four previous games but doesn't directly follow up from Blood Money.

I never understood much for the hitman cannon, but this doesn't make sense. Chronologically, what is the order of games? Blood money, the unannounced title, absolution? Isn't there a book somewhere in there.....or some new book that is an prequel to absolution or sequel to blood money?

This is why I never get involved in game expanded fiction anymore. There's no direction in it, and you can easily tell it's a cash in rather than a fleshed out full story.

Halo is a prime example (Mass effect quickly equaling it) of this kind of absurdity. You buy a book which is a prequel to the game, then the second game comes out which doesn't follow the cannon so it rewrites it. Then you get a book based off the first game, but none of the events make sense for "literary reasons" and by the third and fourth book, it's basically its own universe with no connection to the games beyond the merchandising aspects, and it all comes to a cluster**** of organization with the release of Halo: Reach, which said that the only well written novel is non-cannon.

I wonder if hitman will go the way of halo, mass effect, splinter cell, and many other "franchises" (the ugliest word to describe entertainment) and simply balloon up the story to the point where no one cares anymore.

Travis_IO
27th Feb 2012, 14:25
Blood Money, Damnation (Novel), Absolution is the chronological order.

It's not a spin-off because it's a fully fledged title featuring Agent 47 and it's set in the same universe with Diana, the ICA and we're not branching out to have parallel worlds or story-lines or anything like that. There's one chronology.

It's not a direct follow-up to Blood Money in the sense that the storyline doesn't pick up directly afterwards. A lot of information regarding what has been happening since Blood Money will be found in the ICA Files and the canon is maintained as strictly as we can - I hope you could see that from the Diana ICA File. The key information in there remains truthful to the previous games.

Sam_kain
27th Feb 2012, 21:06
I think they will not go in different univerves and I also think they will follow on H:A and leave BM behind.. H:A is the start (i'm sure there will be an intro of what hes live was, is and what he usually do, who he is and for who he worked etc) Then new ppl and ofc we will understand the whole story in that one intro or what ever it might be! And that's the start of a new Hitman. It's like a movie, for exemple: there are movies that have a 4hour story and there like explaining everything in 5 minutes. Game starts (looking in the past, explaining his story) and Bam there is the old Hitman in a unusual situation, let's start :D when he get's this Job done he can start doing hes old job again and accepting 'normal' contracts and go completing them and yes! there is a new hitman game :D

Ps: i've read this like 3 times and it's a mess up so try to understand it :D lol.
Yeah I understand, no worries mate.

@Travis: thx for the replay, I think with your latest post I understand now what is going on.