PDA

View Full Version : BOX ART REVEAL - PICS INSIDE

Travis_IO
24th Feb 2012, 13:44
UPDATE:

The Box Art is featured below for all three platforms!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7041/6812685228_2884d17f5f_b.jpg

What do you think?

IS COMING ON MARCH 6!

If you don't want to wait, get over to the Hitman Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/hitman) to see how you can help get the full box art revealed sooner than our targeted date.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/401082_10150638368273987_82040998986_9161669_528818729_n.jpg

BigBoss
24th Feb 2012, 16:17
sooooooooooo does that mean we're close to getting a release date?????????

The0Hitman47
24th Feb 2012, 21:40
Awsome!!! Cant wait, but it would also be great if you could give us the release date then too because i need to know how long i need to wait!! :)

Sam_kain
25th Feb 2012, 16:39
I think it is settled, in GDC we will see our last demo, the town called Hope where the devs will show the traditional Hitman experience, we will also get the box cover art, it won't be too long till we get the release date.

Edit: Between me and you, my guess is July release date, that way they can have a booth at E3 for gamers to try it out, let's wait and see, I hope I can say "I told ya so" haha :D

BigBoss
25th Feb 2012, 22:36
A June/July release date would be would be so perfect, there are like no games in those two months!

Sam_kain
26th Feb 2012, 08:34
A June/July release date would be would be so perfect, there are like no games in those two months!

I agree, beside an early release before Nov. would help Hitman, cause starting September the rush of FPS begins

On the other hand for me June is quite the month, there is Darksiders II and Spec Ops: The Line, both games I am so excited about.

The0Hitman47
2nd Mar 2012, 17:27
I agree with the june/ july or earlier release as its stupid to release a game in november time when there are loads of games coming out.
Cant wait for the game though it looks fantastic!!!!!! :)

Travis_IO
6th Mar 2012, 13:11
Packs have been added to the first post...

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7041/6812685228_2884d17f5f_m.jpg

shobhit777777
6th Mar 2012, 13:20
I love the simple red background and the uncluttered text. Although I'm not too awed by 47's pose....too much motion...I dunno I might warm upto it. Still it looks fantastic. If that were on a shelf with 100 other titles...I would be immediately drawn to it...Red FTW!

MrJohnson
6th Mar 2012, 13:35
Looks bad on the xbox one, because, well, bright green and dark red, you know.
But anyway, I play on PC, so I DON'T CARE AND ITS AWESOME :D

Doctalen
6th Mar 2012, 14:25
The xbox green ruins most cover art. Luckily I am getting a PS3 and this on that :D I really like it. Simple and good looking

Barez
6th Mar 2012, 14:54
AWESOME AWESOME AWSOME AWSEOME AWSOME AWSOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rasp::scratch::lol::naughty::lmao:

Getting it on ps3!

Travis_IO
6th Mar 2012, 15:01
Thanks for the feedback so far!

Sam_kain
6th Mar 2012, 15:34
I love the simple red background and the uncluttered text. Although I'm not too awed by 47's pose....too much motion...I dunno I might warm upto it. Still it looks fantastic. If that were on a shelf with 100 other titles...I would be immediately drawn to it...Red FTW!

totally agree with shobhit, the simple design is a lost thing where most covers nowadays are about big explosions/guns .....etc

Barez
6th Mar 2012, 15:48
The PS3 Box is the most EPIC, the RED with the black board (PS3) and it's smaller.. PS3 box is the most powerfull !! :D;)

sublime90
6th Mar 2012, 16:25
yeah i agree the PS3 cover looks dope! its simple but awesome. im really looking forward to playing this.

imported_Ice_man
6th Mar 2012, 17:06
This looks so sickk Can't wait! PS3 FTW!

MrJohnson
6th Mar 2012, 17:48
I discused about this jacket with some people and compared this one with the previous games, and some said this one was too much "action" for a Hitman game... I don't care, because it still cool, and I really won't care if the game itself is cool too :p

shobhit777777
6th Mar 2012, 18:56
You know the whole cover gives off a very dark noirish feel....Sin City -ish...not bad

GebelTheRebel
6th Mar 2012, 19:02
So...beautiful! Love it! :D

The0Hitman47
6th Mar 2012, 20:12
Looks great!!

But please just give me a release date!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait!!! :)

Acid_Burn
6th Mar 2012, 20:23
Yeah, PS3's is the best. I'm a PC player. I think i need to buy PS3 now :)

rotax600
6th Mar 2012, 21:21
Im kinda disappointed in it. Its definitely not bad but it seems kind of unbalanced. It looks like an unrealistic pose where the all the action happens of the left but some parts are too dark to see whats going on and 47's left forearm is not proportional. It's cooler than blood money's box art but just not as clean.

BigBoss
7th Mar 2012, 06:47
When will you guys post the collectors edition cover? And please...... make it simple. Like Mass effect 2 and 3

shobhit777777
7th Mar 2012, 09:10
When will you guys post the collectors edition cover? And please...... make it simple. Like Mass effect 2 and 3

:thumb:

Barez
7th Mar 2012, 15:33
RELEASE DATE PLEASE:rolleyes:

ALPHATT
7th Mar 2012, 18:54
Yeah, PS3's is the best. I'm a PC player. I think i need to buy PS3 now :)

I don't know where you got that. The PC, by definition can do everything all other multimedia devices can do combined, save playing exclusive titles. It's not a matter of elitism, it's a matter of fact, that owning a PC for gaming is the best option.

shobhit777777
7th Mar 2012, 19:17
I have all 3

BigBoss
8th Mar 2012, 00:22
I don't know where you got that. The PC, by definition can do everything all other multimedia devices can do combined, save playing exclusive titles. It's not a matter of elitism, it's a matter of fact, that owning a PC for gaming is the best option.

That actually is opinion. You can't say "save playing exclusives" if a person is much more into the games than the console specs. My best experiences in gaming were almost always console exclusives.

Travis_IO
8th Mar 2012, 08:37

That actually is opinion. You can't say "save playing exclusives" if a person is much more into the games than the console specs. My best experiences in gaming were almost always console exclusives.

Before we get too much into this, I think it's fair to say that the original comment from Acid Burn was relating to the box art. He just likes the way that the box art is on the PS3 and isn't trying to suggest any system is better. Of course he can clarify this himself - I don't want to speak for him.

I just don't want to see the thread get swamped in a good, old-fashioned system-bashing.

BigBoss
8th Mar 2012, 08:43
I think that happened because there really isn't much else to say about the box art beyond that most people here seem to like it. It's not like that's a very deep conversation.

Travis_IO
8th Mar 2012, 09:31
I can understand that but I'd still rather not see things go too far off topic.

It's more of an announcement thread than a discussion thread but any discussions should be based mainly on the topic.

shobhit777777
8th Mar 2012, 16:51
@Travis

I'm sure there will be a special edition....could you release the box-art for that? Also...do you have different Box-art for different regions?

sgg847
8th Mar 2012, 19:52
I'm sure there will be a special edition....could you release the box-art for that? Also...do you have different Box-art for different regions?

I don't think that they will release special edition. This box art really good and gives a hint about the future story.
As you can see the center part of this cover depicts 47's new type glove.
First and second trailers show that Diana was killed by a guy with other gloves.
Mano-a-mano.

Travis_IO
9th Mar 2012, 08:59
@Travis

The box art will be the same across all regions. If we announce a special edition, the box art would be released at the same time as the announcement. Our FAQ (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=124605) holds the most updated answer to your question: "This is still in the discussion stages so there is no definite answer either way. It's something that we'll be taking about again soon and we'll share any info once a final decision is made. It's something that we'll be taking about again soon and we'll share any info once a final decision is made"

I don't think that they will release special edition. This box art really good and gives a hint about the future story.
As you can see the center part of this cover depicts 47's new type glove.
First and second trailers show that Diana was killed by a guy with other gloves.
Mano-a-mano.

As far as I can see, 47 is always wearing the same 'new' style of gloves.

sgg847
9th Mar 2012, 09:21
As far as I can see, 47 is always wearing the same 'new' style of gloves.
:lol: and now I am going to change my mind.
Gangsters in Chicago say this: "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it’s enemy action.

RS6
20th Mar 2012, 23:16
i 2 would love to see the collectors edition

RaduBox
27th Apr 2012, 07:02
they should of put silencers on those guns hitman doesn't go in load:p