PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex Human Revolution Nominated for 4 BAFTA'S !

KingNL
16th Feb 2012, 18:23
So great to see them recognize how truly epic this game really is.

http://www.bafta.org/games/awards/nominees-winners-2012,2892,BA.html

Lady_Of_The_Vine
16th Feb 2012, 19:07
Congratulations, Eidos Montreal!!!! :cool::cool::thumb::thumb:

ZakKa89
16th Feb 2012, 21:10
Finally some F@%@ recognition! It better win.

EDIT: Wait a minute, it got nominated for 'strategy' ? Wtf? Not even for best game... Sigh, never mind. LA noire got nominated for best game and DEHR didn't.

Shralla
16th Feb 2012, 21:18
Finally some F@%@ recognition! It better win.

EDIT: Wait a minute, it got nominated for 'strategy' ? Wtf? Not even for best game... Sigh, never mind. LA noire got nominated for best game and DEHR didn't.

LA Noire (along with... Rayman Origins?) also got nominated for Artistic Achievement, whilst Deus Ex was shunned in that category in favor of such winners as Uncharted and Skyrim.

ZakKa89
16th Feb 2012, 21:24
LA Noire (along with... Rayman Origins?) also got nominated for Artistic Achievement, whilst Deus Ex was shunned in that category in favor of such winners as Uncharted and Skyrim.

I'm crying my heart out. LA Noire is a terrible game.

The amount of furniture, fashion etcetera in DEHR is incredible. You could fill an IKEA magazine with all the furniture designs. And it all looks good. Even a simple LAMP in DEHR has more artistic merit to it than some of these nominated games.

Ashpolt
16th Feb 2012, 22:00

I can understand why Rayman Origins is in there, because it's really quite a stunning game. No idea why Uncharted or Skyrim got the nod though.

But nonetheless, gratz EM!

Stellazira
16th Feb 2012, 22:23
How on earth did Resistance 3 get nominated for "Online - Browser"?! :scratch: :confused:

It's nice to see that HR got nominated for so many categories. I can honestly say I haven't enjoyed a singleplayer game like it in a long time. :thumb:

Pinky_Powers
16th Feb 2012, 22:25
Good for you, Eidos! Hope you wins big!

Locutus of BORG
17th Feb 2012, 00:32
Oh nice. I hope EM gets some recognition.

Coyotegrey
17th Feb 2012, 09:16
Yay, us. Also, grumble grumble...there should be an honorary award for JF's laugh.

ZakKa89
17th Feb 2012, 09:35
Yay, us. Also, grumble grumble...there should be an honorary award for JF's laugh.

Question: Are you guys not annoyed by the lack of recognition from all these GOTY awards?

JCpies
17th Feb 2012, 16:37
Deus Ex was shunned in that category in favor of such winners as Uncharted and Skyrim.

Who the hell nominates the games? I'm glad it's been nominated in the categories but it's been expelled from the categories in which it really shines, aside from the music and story categories.

Deus Ex is in strategy? Really? They couldn't come up with actual strategy games aside from Shogun 2? Deus Ex is up against the big guns in the "Best Action" category but nowhere to be seen in the "Best Art", "Best Design" or "Best Game"?

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/126/314/3cd8a33a.png?1306264975

KingNL
17th Feb 2012, 16:46
Question: Are you guys not annoyed by the lack of recognition from all these GOTY awards?

Who even takes those serious?

imported_BoB_
18th Feb 2012, 18:05
Publishers for starter, and it's actually enough to care on some levels :D

KingNL
21st Feb 2012, 00:38
Thankfully Square Enix doesn't cause if they did I doubt we would've even had a Deus Ex Human Revolution

DXeXodus
21st Feb 2012, 11:30
This is great news. Well done to the team at Eidos Montreal! Hopefully those nominations are turned into awards...

Robotukas
21st Feb 2012, 15:42
So great to see them recognize how truly epic this game really is.

http://www.bafta.org/games/awards/nominees-winners-2012,2892,BA.html

For stupid people this game is epic. Or for people who paid money to get tittle.

Shralla
22nd Feb 2012, 03:43
For stupid people this game is epic. Or for people who paid money to get tittle.

What a brilliant contribution. What the hell is "tittle"?

ZakKa89
22nd Feb 2012, 11:52
What a brilliant contribution. What the hell is "tittle"?

Check his other posts. Obvious troll is obvious.