PDA

View Full Version : PC Controls, 2 problems

roger45
6th Feb 2012, 18:03
I have gone through all the game instructions, and checked on-line...I Can Not Find The Answers! I do suffer from "selective blindness", i.e. if I am looking for it I can't find it:mad2:

First Question: When I open up my inventory I see all the things I can carry...click on an item and Use/Combine/Drop, etc. are all there. BUT, below this screen are 10 or 11 boxes, all number, and they have items in them that sometimes are not in the "usable" inventory. Are these items accessible? If so, how?

Second Question: How do you get the Typoon to work? I obtained the Augmentation, and have the ammo, but when I click on the ammo I never get the option to USE:scratch: What am I missing? I saw one FAQ that said I need to push F2, but that doesn't seem to do anything. I am at a loss.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jerion
6th Feb 2012, 20:00
I have gone through all the game instructions, and checked on-line...I Can Not Find The Answers! I do suffer from "selective blindness", i.e. if I am looking for it I can't find it:mad2:

First Question: When I open up my inventory I see all the things I can carry...click on an item and Use/Combine/Drop, etc. are all there. BUT, below this screen are 10 or 11 boxes, all number, and they have items in them that sometimes are not in the "usable" inventory. Are these items accessible? If so, how?

Second Question: How do you get the Typoon to work? I obtained the Augmentation, and have the ammo, but when I click on the ammo I never get the option to USE:scratch: What am I missing? I saw one FAQ that said I need to push F2, but that doesn't seem to do anything. I am at a loss.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ah!

In answer to #1: That is your quick-access "toolbelt". You can drag weapons and equipment from the inventory to toolbelt slots (via that screen), and then use the number keys across the top of the keyboard to quickly equip said items without needing to pull up the inventory screen. Items do not leave the inventory when you place them in the toolbelt; you might think of it more as putting an alias/shortcut for a given item in the belt. However consumable items placed in the toolbelt such as beer and grenades will remain visible in the assigned toolbelt slot until replaced, even if you run out of supplies of said items. In this case the icons for those items (as with any weapons for which you have no ammo) will be tinted red.

If you cannot see the toolbelt outside of the inventory screen, tap the "`"/"~" key (located above "Tab" and below "esc"). That key toggles the visibility of the toolbar by default.

2: The Typhoon is an "active" augmentation (compared to passive, such as Dermal Armor), and like the other active augs it must be used by hitting the appropriate key (similar in that sense to the cloak or takedowns). You'll have to go into your control settings to see or decide which key is/should be the right one. All installed active-type augs are represented on on the HUD on the right side-center position on your screen. Keep in mind that the Typhoon consumes both ammunition and energy with each use.

Hope this helps!

roger45
7th Feb 2012, 17:45
JZ, thanks. So if I got this right...thing in the tool belt like beer, if I hit the appropriate # they will be "used" and or deleted if nothing available. I will try the Typhoon thing again...never been able to get any of these augs to work at the easy level. I am 3/4 through at the medium level...so I need to figure this one out. Again, thanks.