PDA

View Full Version : Possibly the most mind blowing secret ever!

ChilledSanity
30th Jan 2012, 13:40
If you have beaten deus ex, or know anything about it, you know that the AI that helps you in the first game is "Daedalus"

And if your a true story freak, at the end of human revolution when your talking to hugh darrow, the cutscene before you try to convince him to give you the code, this is what i noticed.

Adam: So you doctor frankenstein, destroying his own monster?

Hugh: No. I consider myself more of "Daedalus". Watching his own son at sea crash into the rocks.

I hope i blew some minds, if it wasnt obvious at all.

Darthassin
30th Jan 2012, 13:50
Thanks, Einstein. :D

lowenz
30th Jan 2012, 20:20
:D

Harrow=Daedalus
Jensen=Icarus (see the 2010 Director's Cut Trailer)

Illuminati+Tyrants=Sun

ChilledSanity
31st Jan 2012, 22:03
:D

Harrow=Daedalus
Jensen=Icarus (see the 2010 Director's Cut Trailer)

Illuminati+Tyrants=Sun

So... Hugh is daedalus, who fuses with icarus, who is adam, who merges with J.C. Denton... What a twist! :lol:

draiocht
1st Feb 2012, 04:17
So... this is a call for slash fiction? :naughty:

Weird potential for every AI to have a Hyron component,
but I'm keeping faith in Everett's programming skills~

Romeo
1st Feb 2012, 04:35
Could be a touch like the AIs from the Halo series, wherein every AI is loosely based around the mind of an individual - in this case, Darrow. Would explain why Daedalus is a psychopath.

draiocht
1st Feb 2012, 19:53
It should be noted that Daedalus was the rogue AI that wanted to be helpful. It was Icarus that was the inquisitive AI that sought control.

Woah! I guess that still makes sense....

Agent Denton
1st Feb 2012, 21:37
There are Greek themes throughout all the DX games. It had nothing to do with the AI from the original. It was Darrow being the father of the technology his own body rejected, possibly leaving him a semi cripple as he appeared in the game, and the Icarus theme became more prevalent when he activated the kill switch and turned all augmented people crazy, whereas Adam's body was very accepting of the technology. It was just a theme within the game. I think you are reading too deep into it.

lowenz
2nd Feb 2012, 00:33
Well, there's no link to AIs so far :D

Windstryker
3rd Feb 2012, 19:41
I'm still confused about how the end of DX:HR plays into the formation of UNATCO..I thought UNATCO was formed in response to one of the secessionist groups (pre-NSF?) bombing the Statue of Liberty..which didn't happen in DX:HR unless it was on a news-slate I missed somewhere..figuring that out would be mindblowing.

Besides..Picus is a more logical beginning of all the AI work, isn't it? I mean, Eliza Cassan is an AI and Morgan Everett is the CEO of the Montreal facility where "she" is located. I'd be willing to bet more that Daedalus (Illuminati?) the AI is an evolution of Eliza and that Icarus is MJ12's response to it on the orders of Bob Page.

Romeo
4th Feb 2012, 05:45
I'm still confused about how the end of DX:HR plays into the formation of UNATCO..I thought UNATCO was formed in response to one of the secessionist groups (pre-NSF?) bombing the Statue of Liberty..which didn't happen in DX:HR unless it was on a news-slate I missed somewhere..figuring that out would be mindblowing.

Besides..Picus is a more logical beginning of all the AI work, isn't it? I mean, Eliza Cassan is an AI and Morgan Everett is the CEO of the Montreal facility where "she" is located. I'd be willing to bet more that Daedalus (Illuminati?) the AI is an evolution of Eliza and that Icarus is MJ12's response to it on the orders of Bob Page.
If you read the newspapers (Or news tablets, as they are) it begins to hint at the NSF committing terrorist acts. Given the amount of time between DX:HR and DX1, it leaves plenty of time for the NSF to attack and for UNATCO to be the knee-jerk response to that.