PDA

View Full Version : PC Game controls HELP

f1guy
25th Jan 2012, 05:25
I'm playing the PC version and can't figure out how to use MANY of the weapons. I see that I have EMP and other grenades in my inventory, but the only kind of grenade I can use with key 'G' is the time delayed one. I can't use ANY other type of grenade and I can't find any instructions that tell me how??

Also, there is a diamond on the HUD with 4 spots on it... one that has what looks like a sparking lighter on it. I don't know what weapon that means I have or how to use it either. NOTHING on the controls page tells me ANYTHING about the HUD or how to use all the inventory I have.

Please direct me to a place to get all the info or at LEAST tell me how to fire off the arsenal of grenades I have and CAN'T USE.

thanks.

Ashpolt
25th Jan 2012, 09:51
You may have other grenades in your inventory, but only one is equipped at any time, and that's the one you will throw when you hit G. Go into your inventory, right click on the grenade you want, select equip and you're done. Alternatively, you can add them to the numbers hotbar by either clicking and dragging, or hovering over the correct grenade in your inventory and pressing one of the number keys. That way, all you have to do is press the appropriate number (for instance, I store gas grenades on 7 and EMP grenades on 8) then hit G to throw.

As for the diamond on your HUD, it's been a while since I last played but I'm guessing what you're referring to is the active augmentations panel. While most of your augs are passive / context sensitive (like hacking or higher jumping,) some of them require manual activation, like cloaking, faster running, etc. Once you've unlocked them using praxis points, each will appear in one space in that diamond. You say you've already got an icon there which looks like a sparking lighter, I think that's probably the claymore but I couldn't say for sure without seeing it (again, I haven't played in a while, I forget the icons.) It should tell you on the icon which button you need to press to activate. It'll be one of the first four function keys, i.e. F1-F4.

Romeo
25th Jan 2012, 09:57
If I'm not mistaken, literally every one of these is covered in the instruction booklet (Under HUD, if memory serves).

Shralla
27th Jan 2012, 21:17
Or you could just look at the damn control list in-game. I don't know what's so hard about figuring out controls.

68_pie
28th Jan 2012, 04:34
Or you could just look at the damn control list in-game. I don't know what's so hard about figuring out controls.

If I remember correctly not all controls are listed in game.

Romeo
28th Jan 2012, 05:45
If I remember correctly not all controls are listed in game.
Not sure about in-game, but I know the instruction booklet covers grenades, because I couldn't figure them out at first either, and I just looked in the instruction booklet.