PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex short film in the making?

RyoThorn
19th Jan 2012, 06:12
I just found this article and ran over here to see if you guys had the scoop about it yet, but I'm not seeing any threads on it so I'll go ahead and post the link to the article. Whatever the hell it is, it looks cool.

For those of you who don't really want to check the article-- it's about a found youtube video that's a behind the scenes making of a 'deus ex short film'

http://kotaku.com/5877407/whoah-what-is-this-deus-ex-movie-it-looks-incredible

SageSavage
19th Jan 2012, 08:22
Looks professional and like a marketing move. Or it was cancelled and deemed to to good to be forgotten.

ZakKa89
19th Jan 2012, 09:43
It doesn't look like anything official, definitely a fan movie. And I love martial arts but I don't see what this type of choreographed fighting scenes have to do with deus ex.

handgriffsorgfaeltig
19th Jan 2012, 17:10
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/5091/dxrlmc.png

what could possibly go wrong?

:D

RyoThorn
19th Jan 2012, 19:13
Well, I'd put my money on the semi-professional ticket. The equipment they're using is definitely beyond what your ordinary fan would have. The costumes look superb, and I could swear I saw JJB in one of the shots, but that could have just been the Jensen actor.

Shralla
19th Jan 2012, 20:09
Well, I'd put my money on the semi-professional ticket. The equipment they're using is definitely beyond what your ordinary fan would have.

It's nothing beyond what a film student would have access to, which is what I bet this is.

Spyhopping
19th Jan 2012, 22:12
I dunno, it doesn't look quite right, but the choreography is great. Lots of talented people are involved, it clearly cost a bunch, and whoever is playing Adam looks the part!

Edit: From the article,
UPDATE - Square Enix says it's nothing official.

RyoThorn
20th Jan 2012, 02:42
Maybe more interesting. If Square isn't doing it, maybe it'll actually happen.

ColBashar
22nd Jan 2012, 05:05
ENSO Productions is a professional stunt studio. Their members have been cast in such films as Transformers and Green Lantern. As you can see on their website, www.ensoproductions.com, they've done a number of videos inspired or based on films so it reasonable enough that they'd choose to draw upon Human Revolution. Looking at their previous work and the fact that they're calling their Deus Ex project a "short film" I expect the finished product will be about fifteen minutes long.

As for this being a Deus Ex film, it looks to me that Fedorova makes an appearance at 0:15 and Jensen at 0:31, 1:47 and 1:55. It looks like Jensen is using the Typhoon to take out those two guys at 1:55 and the wall punching augmentation at 0:57. The only part that seems incongruent with Deus Ex is the woman falling down the stairs at the end. Perhaps that's what really happened to Elizabeth DuClaire? <g>

All in all I'm impressed and excited to see how this turns out. It looks like it could be pretty good and I hope it inspires someone to think about developing an Deus Ex feature film, be it live action or animated.

Deu
27th Jan 2012, 02:02
Used to think this stuff was cool back when I was like 12. All these years of muay thai and judo kinda ruined the vid for me.

Shralla
27th Jan 2012, 21:18
All your years of muay thai and judo mean nothing when dealing with people who are augmented.

Rainbow6Team
2nd Feb 2012, 02:11
Looks interesting

Love the goth chick,the stare she gave at the camera.

Also the combat armor on Adam Jensen looks AWSOME,me wants it.