PDA

View Full Version : Diana: Dead or Alive?

MrAtmea
15th Jan 2012, 18:46
Just wanted to know what thoughts are on the supposed death of Diana.

47 would kill her without hesitation, but I don't want her dead!:eek:

I don't believe (hope) she's really dead, because:

1: Why hire a Hollywood actress if her character dies in the first part of the game?

2: Who is going to give the contracts when she's gone?

Braun82
15th Jan 2012, 19:25
You must not die

Kent-45
16th Jan 2012, 01:22
the odds that Diana is dead (or dies over the course of this game) is about 99.9999999%

the gameplay trailer they released shows a cutscene of Diana in the shower. She'll probably be either the beginning mission, or an epic finale mission.

nonprofitkilla
16th Jan 2012, 03:20
She will die. I forget which preview said it but that orphanage mission is right after 47 kills Diana and that it was her dying wish for 47 to get that girl

Acid_Burn
16th Jan 2012, 09:04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ImijXOA1jE&feature=channel_video_title
Just read the description. She is dead.

MrAtmea
16th Jan 2012, 17:40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ImijXOA1jE&feature=channel_video_title
Just read the description. She is dead.

I had actually already seen that video before I started this threath. I see here get shot by 47, and the description says she is dead, so I figured she would be dead at first.

But then I saw this picture, which made me hesitate. I saw it on another Hitmanforum. The picture has been on the internet for some time now.

http://i.imgur.com/wunW9.jpg

It talks about Diana AFTER the girl has been found, so also AFTER she has been shot.

You have to admit it would not be the first time in Hitman that someone is brought back from the dead.

So my question is: is this picture fake? Or is it the description of some kind of flashback? Because that would confirm she is dead.

If this picture has already been proven to be fake on this forum, then I am sorry to have bothered you all with it.

Braun82
16th Jan 2012, 18:50
So I can not imagine that Diana should be death or dying shall.
What should the result of a sense?
At times the story then I'm curious.
I was hoping that a little Diana builds a greater bond with Agent 47.

PsychoNite
21st Jan 2012, 07:10
i thought they originally confirmed that they would have a "close relationship" so im saddened that they just throw out there so easily that u kill her. would've been better if they just let u play the game and find out for urself then just say "hey btw u kill diana, spoiler alert."

now if dianas face has constantly been hidden in the past, why do u show her face in a trailer instead of letting us see her face for the first time when we actually play. the way they went about revealing stuff like this doesnt make sense to me... seems like just a way to build hype, but the series shouldnt need the extra hype since its been a fairly awesome series in the past.

anyone get what im saying?

MrAtmea
21st Jan 2012, 13:13
i thought they originally confirmed that they would have a "close relationship" so im saddened that they just throw out there so easily that u kill her. would've been better if they just let u play the game and find out for urself then just say "hey btw u kill diana, spoiler alert."

now if dianas face has constantly been hidden in the past, why do u show her face in a trailer instead of letting us see her face for the first time when we actually play. the way they went about revealing stuff like this doesnt make sense to me... seems like just a way to build hype, but the series shouldnt need the extra hype since its been a fairly awesome series in the past.

anyone get what im saying?

Get it.

The0Hitman47
21st Jan 2012, 15:58
She's definately dead, I think it could make the game more interresting.:)

Kent-45
21st Jan 2012, 18:03
Yeah I am getting a little tired of the whole Diana storyline... they need to switch things up a bit. I'm kinda glad they decided to off her.

Barez
21st Jan 2012, 22:44
I would be happy if he killed her in the middle of the story, so that it is up to us to kill her in a mission.. that your task is to go kill her :D

If she is already dead then he killed her just before the 'run for your life' mission :/ No, this could not be just before that mission as he is unarmed while he had a silenced silverballer :D

shobhit777777
22nd Jan 2012, 16:28
Kill the *****.

47 is a cold bastard.

Joaquin_LNV
23rd Jan 2012, 05:37
If they kill Diana, in the next game what? "Your first contract is to kill Agent 47."

I don't know. But if you say she's dead, I hope they do a nice story. They can't make Diana disappear and continue with the story normally. I'll wait, sure some day they'll tell us something about this.

shobhit777777
23rd Jan 2012, 15:02
If they kill Diana, in the next game what? "Your first contract is to kill Agent 47."

I don't know. But if you say she's dead, I hope they do a nice story. They can't make Diana disappear and continue with the story normally. I'll wait, sure some day they'll tell us something about this.

Kill this ^ guy too

Joaquin_LNV
23rd Jan 2012, 19:06
Kill this ^ guy too

In Blood Money, you know what happens at the end. Without Diana, 47 would be dead ;)

PsychoNite
23rd Jan 2012, 23:48
In Blood Money, you know what happens at the end. Without Diana, 47 would be dead ;)

thats y i wonder what motive could they give 47 for killing his only "friend". makes me wonder if the story is gonna have any substance

theillusiveman0
25th Jan 2012, 23:27
What if she's a clone?!?

Joaquin_LNV
26th Jan 2012, 01:25
If there are images of 47 killing Diana, maybe he used the same that she used to save him.

I wonder if IOI will say something about this.

PsychoNite
27th Jan 2012, 04:27
If there are images of 47 killing Diana, maybe he used the same that she used to save him.

I wonder if IOI will say something about this.

theres a bullet hole thru her so i doubt it...

KogaNinja
30th Jan 2012, 21:03
What if she's a clone?!?

thats the smartest question in this thread.

nonprofitkilla
30th Jan 2012, 22:12
What if she's a clone?!?

That would be interesting

theillusiveman0
1st Feb 2012, 01:02
thats the smartest question in this thread.

Thats the only real conclusion I could come up with as a reason for killing of Diana, plus it just seems pretty stupid to hire a new VA for someone that dies so early in the game and thats so important to the story.

shobhit777777
1st Feb 2012, 04:55
Guys....would 47 give a flying **** if Diana saved him at the end of Blood Money? Prolly not. This is 47 after all. It's not about what WE want from a character....his actions and decisions should be independant of our opinion, THAT is what makes him an interesting protagonist.

theillusiveman0
2nd Feb 2012, 00:03
Guys....would 47 give a flying **** if Diana saved him at the end of Blood Money? Prolly not. This is 47 after all. It's not about what WE want from a character....his actions and decisions should be independant of our opinion, THAT is what makes him an interesting protagonist.

No thats probably a given but I think the question is more along the lines of why would the developers kill her off. I mean there going for a more personal story so why kill off the one person that knows a lot about 47 and thats been around since the begining. I could understand if it was toward the middle of the game but hell she was dead in the first trailer!

nonprofitkilla
2nd Feb 2012, 01:47
No thats probably a given but I think the question is more along the lines of why would the developers kill her off. I mean there going for a more personal story so why kill off the one person that knows a lot about 47 and thats been around since the begining. I could understand if it was toward the middle of the game but hell she was dead in the first trailer!

Yes they showed her death in the first trailer, but if IO hasn't stated how far throughout the game the trailer take place, she might actually die halfway through the game.

shobhit777777
2nd Feb 2012, 04:24

Fair question...but I feel that a 'Personal' story can be told just as well without Diana, don't you think?

The reason why? Could be they wanted to bring the 'Cold' back into Hitman as a way to set the tone of the game. Or that they wanted to nail the entire premise with a solid personal and emotional event (for the player) in order to have a meaningful, purpose-driven story.

It's a ballsy move to bump her off...I think it may pay off.

BaZzAr
2nd Apr 2013, 22:42
omfg you guys made me register so that I could correct every single one of you... **SPOILERS BELOW**

SHE'S NOT DEAD! AT THE END OF THE GAME THAT GUY THAT IS TRACKING 47 FOR BETRAYING THE AGENCY IS LOOKING FOR DIANA TO CHECK WHETHER SHE IS ACTUALLY DEAD. BEFORE 47 KILLS HIM HE ASKS "Before you do it, tell me, is she really dead?" And he replies saying "You'll never know" BUT LATER ON IT SHOWS VICTORIA LOOKING AT HER NECKLACE AND YOU HEAR DIANA'S VOICE TALKING TO HER AND THEN FROM AFAR 47 WATCHES THROUGH THE SCOPE OF A SNIPER RIFLE AND YOU SEE DIANA IN THE BACKGROUND WEARING A TIGHT WHITE SHIRT! In case I wasn't frank enough with that previous rant, when you complete the final level you hear Diana talking to you and she says "Welcome back 47, and Thank you" Or something like that because he spared her life! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7Ty0oknYI8

MrAtmea
3rd Apr 2013, 15:45
I had forgotten about this thread but I'm not going to miss this chance to tell you guys: I told you so! :p

Duspende .
3rd Apr 2013, 15:57
Pretty sure she's not dead, as I saw her take care of Victoria at the end of Absolution. Am I really the only one?

SpaHi
4th Apr 2013, 20:12
she is alive.

semajmarc87
29th Apr 2013, 16:41
The four main requirements of a modern stealth game:

Change the lead character's voice actor - Michael Ironside is no longer the voice of Sam Fisher, David Hayter is no longer the voice of Snake, and David Bateson was denied the role of Agent 47 until the backlash caused IO to bring him back.

Make the lead character go rogue - Sam Fisher has gone rogue and so has Agent 47. So much for a believable plot and top-notch story telling, let's turn them into a generic Hollywood Jason Bourne wannabes.

Lead character must kill former boss - Sam Fisher killed Irving Lambert which pretty much marked the end of the Splinter Cell franchise. Agent 47 (allegedly) killed Dianna Burnwood (I hope not but we'll see).

Must include new game features that cater to casual gamers - Sam Fisher can now see through walls with sonar vision and can now "mark and execute" which eliminates any need for shooting skills. Agent 47 can now see through walls, magically, and can use IO Interactives copycat version of "mark and execute" which (again) eliminates any need for shooting skills.

CarolG
2nd Apr 2014, 08:32
Watch the game ending.

hybridex
17th Apr 2014, 01:44
47 is a hard charger, but every hero or badass needs a good woman in his life.

Tryst
21st Apr 2014, 11:14
Play to the end and then watch the cut scene after he finishes the last mission. That will tell you if Diana died or not.