PDA

View Full Version : Next DLC should star Pritchard, who's with me?

Oniros
13th Jan 2012, 20:08
Francis Pritchard was probably one of the most surprisingly likable characters of DX:HR. At the beginning he appears to hate Jensen but the development of their friendship throughout the game makes it clear that he's worries at the end when the signal at Panchaea is lost. Along with Malik, the best written characters of the game.

Anyways, I think a great way to answer most of the unanswered questions of DX:HR would be by having a canon DLC right after the end. This is my idea:

SPOILERS AHEAD!

Regardless of your choice at the end, Jensen goes missing after the broadcast is sent/Panchaea collapses. Pritchard wonders what happens and goes to ask Malik/the unnamed pilot where the scientists are. They all appear to be ok except for Megan Reed who also goes missing. Pritchard believes Megan can provide an answer to Jensen's location; therefore, he starts looking for her.

Along the way, events shed more light into the events that unfolded during Jensen's mission. As well as you can see what happens to the world after the Panchaea incident (again depending on your choice of ending), some examples: Eliza "disappears", Tai Yong Medical is taken over some other entity (Sarif or even Belltower), the anti-augs or pro-augs win, the UNATCO is created, Sarif or Taggart is arrested, etc.

SPOILERS END

Anyways, my idea of playing as Pritchard would be by doing what he does best: hacking. The DLC would be stealth-oriented and your task would be to retrieve information concerning Megan/Adam's location. The hacking minigame would have to be enhanced and more difficult. Also it would be awesome if you get to play as Malik at some point given that you saved her.

I don't know that's my crazy idea. Any comments?

pukster
13th Jan 2012, 23:34
LOL sounds more pathetic than his pitch to Picus =P

sonicsidewinder
14th Jan 2012, 00:17
I'd had enough of that hacking system by the time I left Heng Sha.

Gizmostuff
14th Jan 2012, 01:06
I'd had enough of that hacking system by the time I left Heng Sha.

By Detroit here...

I'd be more willing to see a DLC about Malik than any other character.

Or if you're old school, Decker Parkes in the original Deus Ex. I find it odd that this character is more fascinating then most characters in the sequel/prequel; yet you never see his face.

JCpies
14th Jan 2012, 18:55
Or if you're old school, Decker Parkes in the original Deus Ex. I find it odd that this character is more fascinating then most characters in the sequel/prequel; yet you never see his face.

Maybe anther Novel will include him, or perhaps Deus Ex 4 will have a partial focus on the NSF.

Gizmostuff
19th Jan 2012, 23:33
Maybe anther Novel will include him, or perhaps Deus Ex 4 will have a partial focus on the NSF.

That would be awesome. If I had any skill in programming or graphic design I'd create a mod and write a story myself.

Stellazira
20th Jan 2012, 04:12
Pritchard wasn't really the most likeable character in the game; I don't think I'd buy any DLC with him as the main character.

Cluith
20th Jan 2012, 10:46
Why not a sort of prequel of HR with Namir and his team? It would be a good chance of better developing their personalities and it would fit in the storyline.

Gizmostuff
20th Jan 2012, 12:51
Why not a sort of prequel of HR with Namir and his team? It would be a good chance of better developing their personalities and it would fit in the storyline.

Yeah, because they had none in the actual game. It's a pity Eidos shorted us on character development. Oh well. I hope they learned something.

draiocht
28th Jan 2012, 23:02

It would certainly give EM the chance to use the Belltower base they planned for (and their intended plan of explaining the Tyrants in emails and pocket secretaries). It'd be nice to see messages to show them as more than a pack of psyche-damaged bullies.

Or did you mean to play as the Tyrants? Fedorova conversations would be fun: [...], [BITE LIP], [SNEER], [FIGHT]
:)

Personally, I'd hope for Andrea van Wesel DLC. Crawl through the air vents of the renovated Serif laboratories! Perform deft counter-takedowns on lecherous co-workers! Learn the names of your colleagues which your Security Manager couldn't be bothered with! Investigate the mysterious office thief! Engage in a battle of wits with the socially-augmented puppet-master that is Athene Margoulis!

auric
28th Jan 2012, 23:10

Never seen it? I never heard of him, lol

or just forgotten. Who's that?

3rdmillhouse
29th Jan 2012, 00:15
A scrawny nerd that's probably as fragile as a three branch and has never fired a gun in his life. Yeah, that sounds like a great idea.

draiocht
29th Jan 2012, 21:12
Never seen it? I never heard of him, lol

or just forgotten. Who's that?

I guess you could play through DX1 to check who Decker is...
but you could also read his deleted wikipedia entry (http://deletionpedia.dbatley.com/w/index.php?title=Minor_Deus_Ex_characters_%28deleted_09_Aug_2008_at_16:38%29#Decker_Parkes.2C_Erin_Todd_and_Wayne_Young).

Jerion
30th Jan 2012, 21:45

That's essentially what the Icarus Effect novel covers. I doubt they'll explore that route with a game expansion, but hey, I dunno.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
30th Jan 2012, 23:12
A scrawny nerd that's probably as fragile as a three branch and has never fired a gun in his life. Yeah, that sounds like a great idea.

Hehe, cue Johnny English. It's these type that often prove to be the most lethal. :D