PDA

View Full Version : Confronting David - WARNING: Spoilers inside

tlor
9th Jan 2012, 18:29
(note if u havent played past the first sections yet this contains a spoiler)

Hi

I just finished the first fema mission in highland park.
And then my hacking buddy tells me that sarif himself opend a backdoor, and i should confront him about it.
Im not sure if i did that at the time, because i went on to do some side missions i encountered

However the mission is still open in my mission statement, en pritchard is still camped out in mij office telling me to confront sarif.
But how do i do that ? If i talk to him now, al he tells me is to go to the chopper.

Did i screw up, encountered a bug, or am i missing something ?

Stellazira
9th Jan 2012, 18:38
Im not sure if i did that at the time, because i went on to do some side missions i encountered

After talking to Pritchard did you go up to talk to Sarif and bump into Taggart and his aid before entering his office?

tlor
9th Jan 2012, 19:25
After talking to Pritchard did you go up to talk to Sarif and bump into Taggart and his aid before entering his office?

Yeah i did that. went to sarif after that ?
Why does that matter ?

Stellazira
9th Jan 2012, 19:48
It helps me figure out what you've done. :P

After talking to Taggart I'm pretty sure you have two conversations with Sarif: the first is talking to him about the back door and the second (which you can do right afterwards or finish some quests) is about going to China. I succeeded in getting Sarif to spill the goods about the back door, but I don't know if that quest stays in your log if you fail.

Goodfeller
9th Jan 2012, 20:07
Probably a bug. But as long as you can still get on the chopper, then it's probably not gamebreaking. The only thing you get out of that conversation is information about your past, which probably isn't even all that important anyways.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
10th Jan 2012, 19:52

Welcome to the forum.
It helps to add a spoiler warning in the thread title too, I've done this for you. :)

Serendip1ty
11th Jan 2012, 01:01

Hi

I just finished the first fema mission in highland park.
And then my hacking buddy tells me that sarif himself opend a backdoor, and i should confront him about it.

However the mission is still open in my mission statement, en pritchard is still camped out in mij office telling me to confront sarif.
But how do i do that ? If i talk to him now, al he tells me is to go to the chopper.

Did i screw up, encountered a bug, or am i missing something ?

Seems to be a bug, the outcome of that confrontation depends on how you handle the conversation, if you do it right you get some information about your past. You will be able to get the same info on a later point in the game anyways so its not a huge gamebreaker if you're wondering.