PDA

View Full Version : Please make more downloadable content Eidos!

WraithBringer
9th Jan 2012, 11:36
I saw the topic asking if there was any upcoming DLC and I really want to see some more. I was annoyed to see that Deus Ex didn't get more recognition than it did but it was a game of the year to me and I'd love to play some more.

I hope other people are looking forward to more DLC too. Thank you for shopping at Quinn-mart. xD

ZakKa89
10th Jan 2012, 14:19
I saw the topic asking if there was any upcoming DLC and I really want to see some more. I was annoyed to see that Deus Ex didn't get more recognition than it did but it was a game of the year to me and I'd love to play some more.

I hope other people are looking forward to more DLC too. Thank you for shopping at Quinn-mart. xD

Same here. Modern Warfare 3 got more recognition in game of the year awards than DEHR. Enough said about the mainstream gaming media;). It pisses me off, so so much. Nobody in my class even heard of the game, and I study IT so it's full of gamers.

I would love more DLC, and I am expecting the Montreal Hub that was cut from the main game. They wouldn't just throw it away, right? Right?:(

Reven
10th Jan 2012, 15:12
I am sick of DLC’s for games. If developers feel the need to expand on the game then they should focus their efforts on making full expansion packs. And if they make a good enough expansion then potentially developers can double their money and gamers get something worth the asking price instead of these token efforts that every company under the sun seem so enamoured with.

Joe_Lesk
18th Jan 2012, 19:56
Please give us a lot of new dlc

Darthassin
18th Jan 2012, 20:02
Please give us a lot of new dlc

Yessss.....

SageSavage
18th Jan 2012, 20:35
While I'm certainly in the "make a full expansion"-camp, I could live with a few more "Missing Link"-sized DLCs. I have a feeling that there won't be much more until a sequel comes out. I quite liked the Missing Link and can't complain about the price either since it was really cheap on Steam. I guess I'd be ok with paying up to 8€ for similar sized, well made DLC.

Romeo
19th Jan 2012, 04:27
I am sick of DLC’s for games. If developers feel the need to expand on the game then they should focus their efforts on making full expansion packs. And if they make a good enough expansion then potentially developers can double their money and gamers get something worth the asking price instead of these token efforts that every company under the sun seem so enamoured with.
Disagree with you completely. Why go through a big lull before getting to play more content? What if I don't like all facets of the expansion? No, expansion packs have their place, but DLC has its place as well. If you don't want it, you needn't pick it up, of course.

While I would sell my kid brother for some DLC, I have little faith. It's been too long without hearing anything about it. I suspect they've moved on to a sequel or another Eidos project.

Zoet
19th Jan 2012, 07:02
Disagree with you completely. Why go through a big lull before getting to play more content? What if I don't like all facets of the expansion? No, expansion packs have their place, but DLC has its place as well. If you don't want it, you needn't pick it up, of course.

While I would sell my kid brother for some DLC, I have little faith. It's been too long without hearing anything about it. I suspect they've moved on to a sequel or another Eidos project.

What kinda price are you hoping for from your brother? I've got one too, so maybe we could join forces? :p

Yeah, I'm thinking that there won't be any more DLC also, which is sad as I want more, and I want it now!

Romeo
19th Jan 2012, 07:13
Oh, at least seven dollars. Probably could fetch seven and a half if I played my cards right. More DLC would've been appreciated, and judging by community reaction to Missing Link, there'd have been quite a few people ready to buy it. Oh well, fingers crossed that everyone's working on either a massive DLC/Expansion Pack, or DX4.

ZakKa89
19th Jan 2012, 09:49
Why do people thijnk there won't be more DLC? Of course there will be! We still need to go to montreal!

Arvaryar
19th Jan 2012, 14:14
Just give us a SDK.

Joe_Lesk
19th Jan 2012, 15:02
I'm with you. We must go to montreal, find JJB or someone else who can make something for us.
But I'm french. Canada is faraway for me.

I want more stuff, dlc, movie...

Dr_Bob
19th Jan 2012, 20:26
Why do people thijnk there won't be more DLC? Of course there will be! We still need to go to montreal!

And India.

ZakKa89
20th Jan 2012, 17:50
And India.

yeah totally forgot about that! I want to go to cyberpunk india and montreal badly man. The most fun part for me is the freedom in city hubs.

ZakKa89
20th Jan 2012, 17:57
- double post

Reven
20th Jan 2012, 19:47
We need a London hub so POM can make his scene stealing debut.

Joe_Lesk
20th Jan 2012, 20:19
Anywhere may there be others dlc

Ashpolt
20th Jan 2012, 22:21
I'm hoping that the lack of news so far is a good sign: i.e. a sign that they're focusing on expansion pack level content rather than cheap and cheerful DLC. I'd much rather see a £20 expansion than any number of Missing Link level DLCs (and TML was fairly hefty by DLC standards.)

Of course, it could just mean that they've dropped the game like a redheaded stepchild already. We'll see.

Romeo
20th Jan 2012, 23:28
Because we haven't heard anything. When the Missing Link was being made, we knew they were working on DLC. They told us. A lack of news indicates... A lack of news. I don't think they're up to much, DLC wise.

I'm hoping that the lack of news so far is a good sign: i.e. a sign that they're focusing on expansion pack level content rather than cheap and cheerful DLC. I'd much rather see a £20 expansion than any number of Missing Link level DLCs (and TML was fairly hefty by DLC standards.)

Of course, it could just mean that they've dropped the game like a redheaded stepchild already. We'll see.
Doubtful. Normally when you're working on something, you let the community know to stir up interest, and ensure the fans know about it so they can buy it. A period of silence tends to push the communiy away.

Ashpolt
21st Jan 2012, 00:27
Doubtful. Normally when you're working on something, you let the community know to stir up interest, and ensure the fans know about it so they can buy it. A period of silence tends to push the communiy away.

Well it's a good job I'm a well behaved little boy or else I might have some kind of comment to make about that! :rasp:

But seriously, you're probably right. It does seem to have been dead for a bit too long now. Somewhat surprising, given the success of the game, but EM moves in mysterious ways.

Serendip1ty
21st Jan 2012, 04:05
Suprising... well maybe, but if they only planned one dlc in the business model (which wouldnt seem that strange given it's a sp game), well that's it then i suppose. Dont forget Square Enix say in this matter. There are obvious hints there is more DX on its way... eventually.

But I guess "the Activision or Ubisoft approach" to have 2 teams simultaneously working on the same franchise (& providing the same type of quality) would seem somewhat appealing now if a new dx game is indeed 3 years away...

SageSavage
21st Jan 2012, 10:20
I guess some DXHR-devs have now joined the THI4F-team - which is probably more important then new DLC to get out of the door now.

68_pie
21st Jan 2012, 15:57
A period of silence tends to push the communiy away.

So just like DXHR then?

Romeo
21st Jan 2012, 21:58
Well it's a good job I'm a well behaved little boy or else I might have some kind of comment to make about that! :rasp:

But seriously, you're probably right. It does seem to have been dead for a bit too long now. Somewhat surprising, given the success of the game, but EM moves in mysterious ways.
Yeah. I mean, if they were working on something, but couldn't reveal it for a little while, I would expect at least an update saying we're working on something. Given the fact that hasn't happened, I think it's time to shed a tear and wave good bye to more Deus Ex content.

So just like DXHR then?
I was always well-informed about DX:HR. Thief 4 would have been a better joke. Wasted opportunity man... :D

Oniros
22nd Jan 2012, 20:10
People from Montreal...RALLY AT THEIR OFFICES! :P

Serendip1ty
22nd Jan 2012, 20:10
Forgot to mention this (if you missed it).

On the twitter account of Jonathan J-B you can momentarily see in the description: "Currently designing an unannounced game"

If its a sequel to HR (which would seem possible since it was successful & the hints at the end of the game) it will be very quiet for a while since he got asked about it.

Anonymous asked: When are you going to tell what you are working on? Christmas is ahead, so... please ?!

Sorry no can do. And I probably won’t be able to say anything for a long time still. But thanks a lot for the interest. Hopefully we won’t disappoint you. Stay tuned :)

Romeo
23rd Jan 2012, 22:37
I would have absolutely zero problem with a sequel to Deus Ex. I know people are probably getting sick of everything these days being a sequel or remake, but Deus Ex has a history of making obscene levels of changes from game to game, so they never feel like a re-hash. In my books, anyways.

Zoet
24th Jan 2012, 01:58
I would have absolutely zero problem with a sequel to Deus Ex. I know people are probably getting sick of everything these days being a sequel or remake, but Deus Ex has a history of making obscene levels of changes from game to game, so they never feel like a re-hash. In my books, anyways.

In one of their mini-podcasts, the developers talked about how they were trying to make the experience of the story a bit like that of a page-turner book. Book series in the thriller/crime genre can go on for ages, so they might have similar plans for Deus Ex.

Also this, form JJB's tumblr:

Anonymous asked: Will you consider making another game with Adam Jensen as the main protagonist? i like him.

JJB: Of course I could consider it, yes. I love him too, and I definitely think he should still get first role in many more games. My personal opinion of course.

And this, but I don't think he's being serious. unfortunately:

Anonymous asked: Would you consider making a DLC where Adam goes back to Hengsha to woop Tong for almost killing him with that C4? :P

JJB: Hell yeah I would do it :)

Romeo
25th Jan 2012, 07:58
I still stand by my opinion that I want a new protagonist for DX4. We've had a new one every game, and along with the massive change in aesthetics and gameplay, makes every game feel like its own entity, as opposed to just being another entry in the series. I think going the route that so many games these days go (Identical gameplay, same characters, same overall looks, continuing plots) is very dull. Not to beat, re-animate, and then re-kill a dead horsem but Call of Duty is not the example to aim for here.

3rdmillhouse
25th Jan 2012, 15:00
Maybe EM should release a sequel fragmented in episodic content? Just like Valve planned to do with Half-Life 2.

Ashpolt
25th Jan 2012, 16:02
I still stand by my opinion that I want a new protagonist for DX4.

I totally agree with this. Sadly, from the team's answers on Tumblr etc, it seems that EM feel differently, and I think probably the general gaming market will agree with them. I can see where they're coming from - they've put a lot into developing Adam as a character, and they won't want to let him go after just one game. For my money though, what's interesting in Deus Ex is the universe, and the characters are just a way of grounding that experience, not the central focus. To make Deus Ex into "The Adam Jensen show" (or even "the JC Denton show") would be a shame. Already the story in DXHR was too narrowly focused for my liking, and to extend that same narrow focus to another game would be a waste of potential. Give us a new protagonist and a new perspective*, please.

*No, not third person. :P

Spyhopping
25th Jan 2012, 18:20
Adam's story still really interests me, but I'd like to see a fresh protagonist. Someone with mech augs, cause they're much more fun.

Cannon
25th Jan 2012, 19:38
I want more, too!

Zoet
25th Jan 2012, 21:03
I totally agree with this. Sadly, from the team's answers on Tumblr etc, it seems that EM feel differently, and I think probably the general gaming market will agree with them. I can see where they're coming from - they've put a lot into developing Adam as a character, and they won't want to let him go after just one game. For my money though, what's interesting in Deus Ex is the universe, and the characters are just a way of grounding that experience, not the central focus. To make Deus Ex into "The Adam Jensen show" (or even "the JC Denton show") would be a shame. Already the story in DXHR was too narrowly focused for my liking, and to extend that same narrow focus to another game would be a waste of potential. Give us a new protagonist and a new perspective*, please.

I totally disagree with this (except for the bit about third-person that is) ;)
I personally prefer stories with a strong focus on characters, and where the motivations of the characters drive the story forward. DXHR balanced both the world and the characters pretty well, so lets be optimistic that in any future games they expand on both the characters and the world. In fact, not having to start afresh with characters could actually allow them to focus more on the plot and conspiracy as they won't have to worry about the time-consuming 'origins' phase of the story. And the origins phase being over, the character can then be fully aware from the outset that there is a conspiracy going on, thus bring them up to speed with the player. I think it just comes down to the fact that I like Adam quite a bit, and to ditch him now would be a waste of potential.

Adam's story still really interests me, but I'd like to see a fresh protagonist. Someone with mech augs, cause they're much more fun.

I also much prefer mech-augs, because of their body-horror aspect, and because they are very visual. Just by looking at them you can see the trade-off between increased ability and identity. Nano-augs feel more like something for nothing. I think I've just got a fondness for traditional cyborgs like Robocop and Jensen.

Jerion
25th Jan 2012, 21:14
I'd like to see them take Anna Kelso (spinoff character from the Icarus Effect novel) and make her the protagonist for either a short adventure (DLC) or a full game. The fun thing about the Deus Ex universe is that it has an incredible amount of room for characters across it's timeline. Simply because Jensen doesn't have to be the main character doesn't mean that he is excluded from participating in another story.

Joe_Lesk
25th Jan 2012, 22:20
I hope EM or someone from the DXHR team read all of this

Spyhopping
25th Jan 2012, 22:28
I'd like to see them take Anna Kelso (spinoff character from the Icarus Effect novel) and make her the protagonist for either a short adventure (DLC) or a full game. The fun thing about the Deus Ex universe is that it has an incredible amount of room for characters across it's timeline. Simply because Jensen doesn't have to be the main character doesn't mean that he is excluded from participating in another story.

Whether to the hardcore gamer's joy or horror, the open setting and timeline gives a lot of space to evolve with the tone and style of future games (I think that's great). I find it funny that the merits to the style of a DX sequel were asserted only when IW was released. As weak as a lot of us found the game as a response to DX, it created that style for future sequels by moving on 20 years and avoiding JC as a protagonist.

I also much prefer mech-augs, because of their body-horror aspect, and because they are very visual. Just by looking at them you can see the trade-off between increased ability and identity. Nano-augs feel more like something for nothing. I think I've just got a fondness for traditional cyborgs like Robocop and Jensen.

Yeah, you've got it. That and the physicality of them. They are much more tactile. Nano augs were made more interesting when they had a noticeable visual aspect like JCs glowing eyes and the electronic circuits under his skin (which all vanish in IW, if I remember correctly). I don't feel so fond of them when you cross the grotesque line. Mech augs in DX lacked the sleek, higher functioning, high tech feel that HR endowed them with.

But anyway, DLC. As before, "yes please!".

68_pie
26th Jan 2012, 00:31

Hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahha

Anywho, I'd rather they didn't reuse Adam Jenson. I felt that he had a complete story arc and wouldn't be served by forcing him into another similar situation. Doing that could feel contrived.

Having a different protagonist for each of the games has enabled them to explore different aspects of augmentation and conspiracy. Each character has leant themself to the narrative design of the game.

Romeo
26th Jan 2012, 01:58

That's just it - the protagonists have always been relative metaphors for the experience itself. Each entry had a new protagonist - signifying a new game and a new experience. Adam Jensen sticking around will make it feel less like DX4, and more like DX:HR2.

I totally disagree with this (except for the bit about third-person that is) ;)
I personally prefer stories with a strong focus on characters, and where the motivations of the characters drive the story forward. DXHR balanced both the world and the characters pretty well, so lets be optimistic that in any future games they expand on both the characters and the world. In fact, not having to start afresh with characters could actually allow them to focus more on the plot and conspiracy as they won't have to worry about the time-consuming 'origins' phase of the story. And the origins phase being over, the character can then be fully aware from the outset that there is a conspiracy going on, thus bring them up to speed with the player. I think it just comes down to the fact that I like Adam quite a bit, and to ditch him now would be a waste of potential.

For the first point: I don't believe the two are mutually exclusive. Everyone here (Most people, I should say) are very well versed on JC Denton's personality, morals, intelligence and what-have-you, and he was only around for one game. I'm in complete agreement in the desire to learn more about the characters, that's something I hope is further embellished in future titles. If the core gameplay didn't reveal enough about the characters, we had a system in place to give more information - DLC. I don't think the next game should focus on or revolve around Adam - or any protagonist - because that's not what this series is about. I don't mind learning about whoever we're playing as, although I don't want Adam kept around just so I can hear his life story in the next game.

The second point I completely agree with. Mechanical augs are much more blatent and visual, whereas nano feels a little too "human". I was kind've hoping augs would've showed up this time around (Visually, I mean), although I have my fingers crossed for the next one.

Perhaps, although with all our infighting, it is hard to grab a real consensus. I think that's something BioWare usually struggles with: They try to listen to the community, but inevitably people will post about what they don't like more than they do, so the game's end up drastically changing from 1 to 2.

Anywho, I'd rather they didn't reuse Adam Jenson. I felt that he had a complete story arc and wouldn't be served by forcing him into another similar situation. Doing that could feel contrived.

Having a different protagonist for each of the games has enabled them to explore different aspects of augmentation and conspiracy. Each character has leant themself to the narrative design of the game.
Don't be a mean face. lol

3rdmillhouse
26th Jan 2012, 03:39

You forgot about Megan's treachery. That was left an unsolved issue.

Zoet
26th Jan 2012, 04:52
...Perhaps, although with all our infighting, it is hard to grab a real consensus. I think that's something BioWare usually struggles with: They try to listen to the community, but inevitably people will post about what they don't like more than they do, so the game's end up drastically changing from 1 to 2....
Yeah, seeing as how drastically our opinions differ on such basic matters - my opinion VS your own on the viability of Adam as the main character in any sequels being a perfect example - I feel for the devs if they are actively trying to implement exactly what the community apparently wants. One thing that there is consensus for, however, is MORE DLC!

Romeo
26th Jan 2012, 06:20
Yeah, seeing as how drastically our opinions differ on such basic matters - my opinion VS your own on the viability of Adam as the main character in any sequels being a perfect example - I feel for the devs if they are actively trying to implement exactly what the community apparently wants. One thing that there is consensus for, however, is MORE DLC!
Absolutely. If the Devs do read these forums, and don't know how to please both opposing views, easiest option is to pick one we all agree on - MORE DLC! :D

Rtech
27th Jan 2012, 04:39
I think before going for more DLC or a new game, they should fix the quest related bugs (Cloak and Dagger, Tai Young Shuttle). The lack of any updates regarding those issues looks bad on Eidos Montreal but it doesn't seem like they understand that.

Deu
27th Jan 2012, 04:51
Hated how the game ended, I personally wanted to return to the open world and smack that *****, and the derp around the map until I got bored.

Romeo
27th Jan 2012, 06:10
I think before going for more DLC or a new game, they should fix the quest related bugs (Cloak and Dagger, Tai Young Shuttle). The lack of any updates regarding those issues looks bad on Eidos Montreal but it doesn't seem like they understand that.
Didn't the last patch correct the shuttle issue?

Hated how the game ended, I personally wanted to return to the open world and smack that *****, and the derp around the map until I got bored.
That has literally nothing to do with this thread. Get on topic.

Cluith
27th Jan 2012, 22:29
A way to make everyone happy would be to go for Adam Jensen + A new character as new protagonists. A la MGS2.

Ashpolt
27th Jan 2012, 22:45
A way to make everyone happy would be to go for Adam Jensen + A new character as new protagonists. A la MGS2.

Yes. MGS2 famously made everyone happy.

Cluith
28th Jan 2012, 00:07
Did I say that? Different context my friend.

Ashpolt
28th Jan 2012, 01:11
Did I say that? Different context my friend.

I was being more than a little facetious, my friend. :)

68_pie
28th Jan 2012, 04:33

Character is very improtant to story though, especially in Deus Ex games. Would you have different story strands or the same story with differing reactions from each character?

Romeo
28th Jan 2012, 07:13
I wouldn't argue with "meeting" Jensen in the next game. Or even having him be a major NPC in the game (Picture Paul Denton level of importance). I wouldn't want the playing "shared" between them though. Pick a protagonist for the game and stick with 'em, in my books.

Ashpolt
28th Jan 2012, 14:12
I wouldn't argue with "meeting" Jensen in the next game. Or even having him be a major NPC in the game (Picture Paul Denton level of importance). I wouldn't want the playing "shared" between them though. Pick a protagonist for the game and stick with 'em, in my books.

Agreed with this. As much as I don't really want to see Jensen as the player character again, I'd rather just him than multiple characters, especially if it switches back and forth rather than a one-time switch (like MGS2). Inventory / aug management would be a nightmare.

Cluith
28th Jan 2012, 17:27
Character is very improtant to story though, especially in Deus Ex games. Would you have different story strands or the same story with differing reactions from each character?

Controlling those two characters in different moments of the game.

Think about it. Having the opportunity to play as two characters whose motivations are completely different would allow the player to have two different points of view on the bigger scheme of things.

I don't tell me you would have disliked the opportunity to play as Namir in HR. (just to bring one example)
Think about what would mean to see the conspiracy through his eyes instead of only Jensen's.

"Inventory / aug management would be a nightmare."

Don't see the problem with the inventory.
Having to different augmentation trees would be a nightmare?

3rdmillhouse
28th Jan 2012, 20:53
Yes. MGS2 famously made everyone happy.

Yes, we all remember how awesome that was.

Joe_Lesk
30th Jan 2012, 18:13
Something may be cool I think. If we could customise the entier body of our player. For exemple I buy TYM's new legs, sarif ind's arms... Excuse my language, I'm french and I'm trying to speak as well as you. I'm also fighting with my iPhone and his automatic correction...

3rdmillhouse
30th Jan 2012, 18:23
Something may be cool I think. If we could customise the entier body of our player. For exemple I buy TYM's new legs, sarif ind's arms... Excuse my language, I'm french and I'm trying to speak as well as you. I'm also fighting with my iPhone and his automatic correction...

No worries, your english is good enough.

Romeo
1st Feb 2012, 04:52
Controlling those two characters in different moments of the game.

Think about it. Having the opportunity to play as two characters whose motivations are completely different would allow the player to have two different points of view on the bigger scheme of things.

I don't tell me you would have disliked the opportunity to play as Namir in HR. (just to bring one example)
Think about what would mean to see the conspiracy through his eyes instead of only Jensen's.

"Inventory / aug management would be a nightmare."

Don't see the problem with the inventory.
Having to different augmentation trees would be a nightmare?
No, I wouldn't have wanted to play as Namir, unless Namir was the protagonist. I don't want to be "swapping" through perspectives, a la Call of Duty. I wanted Jensen's perspective, in all it's limited understanding. More gamification would only ruin any chance at making a connection with the story.

The problem with inventory is that collecting something with Adam might be awesome (Cooling upgrade) except maybe Namir is the one with the Heavy Rifle. One character could have a plethora of credits and items, while the other character had little, leading to imbalanced difficulties. One notable issue is that as enemies get tougher, the weaponry gets better to handle that. With different identities, you'd be skipping ahead two missions in difficulty, but still starting with the same weapons, creating a "leapfrog" scale of difficulty. It's not as simple as you'd imagine. There's also a ton of smaller details like weapons mods not translating well to two playable characters.

Very good english, and yes, I think the whole community agrees with you on that one!

Oniros
11th Feb 2012, 22:47
Bumping this cause Eidos needs to pay attention to it! Let me give you my money dammit.

Zerim
12th Feb 2012, 02:49
Playing two different characters goes against what Deus Ex is about at it's core.

It's about placing the player in his character's shoes. In DX, your character is your avatar, not just some doll that you can switch. You ARE your character. Getting out of that would go against the entire point of Deus Ex.

Romeo
12th Feb 2012, 02:55
Playing two different characters goes against what Deus Ex is about at it's core.

It's about placing the player in his character's shoes. In DX, your character is your avatar, not just some doll that you can switch. You ARE your character. Getting out of that would go against the entire point of Deus Ex.
Aye, you summerized it perfectly: Dentons and Jensen are all avatars, and should be treated as such.

Joe_Lesk
13th Feb 2012, 15:22
It's not smart to stay in silence like this. The dev's team should communicate about the game, next dlc, next game, next project or somethng else.

I hope we'll have a new dlc with new missions, new revelations, new weapons... If they have no more imagination they can contact me...

Jerion
13th Feb 2012, 23:23
My personal opinion here: I'm content to wait for them to announce the next game (DX or otherwise) until they have something substantial to show and talk about. Everybody is happier when that happens.

Senka
14th Feb 2012, 04:14
But then it's too late for them to take in valuable fan feedback*!

*may or may not be a good thing

Romeo
14th Feb 2012, 23:40
It's not smart to stay in silence like this. The dev's team should communicate about the game, next dlc, next game, next project or somethng else.

I hope we'll have a new dlc with new missions, new revelations, new weapons... If they have no more imagination they can contact me...
Aye, with you on that one. Even if the details aren't available yet, just come out and say "This is what we're doing" so the community doesn't walk away in the absence of information.

My personal opinion here: I'm content to wait for them to announce the next game (DX or otherwise) until they have something substantial to show and talk about. Everybody is happier when that happens.
I don't know, being a Blizzard fan I'm used to hearing little to nothing over extremely long devellopment cycles, but I still think at least letting the community know "We're working on DLC" or "We're working on a sequel" or "We're sick of Deus Ex and never plan on working on it again" or anything would be advisible over silence. Sins of a Solar Empire had TWO expansions before I realized they were still with the series, because Stardock remained tight-lipped about the whole thing. If fans don't know about content, they don't buy it.

But then it's too late for them to take in valuable fan feedback*!

*may or may not be a good thing
*Not a good thing. You'll remember regenerating health slipped past the community when they weren't made aware early on. lol

Ashpolt
15th Feb 2012, 00:11
*Not a good thing. You'll remember regenerating health slipped past the community when they weren't made aware early on. lol

Yeah, it's a real shame they didn't mention the forced boss fights early on either. I mean, they ended up being one of the most universally criticised aspects of the finished game, you'd think at least one person on the entire internet would've pointed out why such an idea is anathema to the Deus Ex experience, but sadly no. And don't even get me started on takedowns using energy and being the only form of melee! I seriously can't believe not a single person picked up on that being a bad idea a couple of years before the game was released!

Oh god, I've got to stop, sorry, I've run out of sarcasm. Let me recharge for a while and I'll try again later.

Senka
15th Feb 2012, 00:42
But remember just because they'll listen to fans doesn't mean they'll listen to us specifically.

Stellazira
15th Feb 2012, 02:21
I would like to second the above post, and say that multiple developers do that.

Romeo
15th Feb 2012, 04:46
Yeah, it's a real shame they didn't mention the forced boss fights early on either. I mean, they ended up being one of the most universally criticised aspects of the finished game, you'd think at least one person on the entire internet would've pointed out why such an idea is anathema to the Deus Ex experience, but sadly no. And don't even get me started on takedowns using energy and being the only form of melee! I seriously can't believe not a single person picked up on that being a bad idea a couple of years before the game was released!

Oh god, I've got to stop, sorry, I've run out of sarcasm. Let me recharge for a while and I'll try again later.
Ugh, so many things could've been forewarned... I think I hold takedowns as the biggest sin too, although for an entirely different reason: They gave it the most experience, and made it third-person, which is something I was specifically trying to avoid. Stupid third-person. lol

But remember just because they'll listen to fans doesn't mean they'll listen to us specifically.
I recognize that, and I have been burned by that before (Looking at you, Mass Effect 2), but other times I've seen a game or mod that was utterly forgettable turn in to something amazing as a result of fan input (Looking at you, The Forgotten mod).

ARustyFirePlace
17th Feb 2012, 09:48
just give us the sdk ffs

Zerim
17th Feb 2012, 13:48
just give us the sdk ffs
The fans have already managed to rip the game's assets out of the bigfiles a long time ago. Someone could make something happen any time.

Don't forget, this is Deus Ex you're talking about. It's pretty much at the heart of all modern gaming. Possibilities will NOT be allowed to go unrealized.

It's a time of great innovation.

Joe_Lesk
18th Feb 2012, 21:43
On his introduction on twitter, JJB says he's currently designing an unannounced game. So, dlc it's dead, I hope he's working on DX 4 but I don't think so. Maybe on Thi4f. Even it will be a very good game, I don't care, I want DX contents.

ZakKa89
18th Feb 2012, 22:51
Just because JJB is working on an unnounced game doesn't mean DLC for DEHR is not worked upon.

Romeo
19th Feb 2012, 05:41
Just because JJB is working on an unnounced game doesn't mean DLC for DEHR is not worked upon.
On it's own? No. But combined with the complete lack of updates in months it's a pretty distinct nail in the coffin.

Senka
19th Feb 2012, 12:24
If lack of updates meant anything significant HR shouldn't have ever made it to release :P

Romeo
20th Feb 2012, 04:46
If lack of updates meant anything significant HR shouldn't have ever made it to release :P
Touché, albeit, we still knew more about Deus Ex's devellopment than what we know now. We at least had updates in the form of "We will update you soon". We have absolute silence now.

It's done lads and lasses. Time to wait for Deus Ex 4. :D

[FGS]Shadowrunner
23rd Feb 2012, 09:57
Prefer to see DX4 than DLC for DX3.

When you start splitting stories into chunks, the audience appreciate it much less.

DX4. And now there is time to add all the things they ran out of time adding, e.g. atm's, other things.

neobe101
23rd Feb 2012, 11:13
well, they certainly are working hard
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lztzhb7RwX1qer56zo1_500.jpg

SDF121
23rd Feb 2012, 16:17
just give us the sdk ffs

I would love to see an SDK released. If anything, to finally be able to play Deus Ex with lean keys and a proper melee weapon. Then I would not have to bother with the third person cover/melee system. There is still the matter of climbing ladders though (I'll never know why Eidos Montreal decided that the player should switch to third person for that).

Romeo
23rd Feb 2012, 20:08
well, they certainly are working hard
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lztzhb7RwX1qer56zo1_500.jpg
Nice of you to "post-it". :D

Augmented_Humanoid
25th Feb 2012, 18:55
I'd assume that a DLC expansion pack for Deus Ex: Human Revolution would revolve around the events prior to what happens in Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Not only would it answers a lot of questions, but it would also build hype for a hopeful sequel. Remember when you had to gain access to the Police Department in Deus Ex: Human Revolution and you had to persuade the front desk fella to let you in, and he said something about Adam costing him a previous job of some sort? Wouldn't it be cool if we went through all that of Adam's past? I think it'd be pretty rad.

I know, I know; they had a book that told of the events prior to Deus Ex: Human Revolution, but perhaps the expansion pack could focus more exclusively on Adam and his journey, and partially on everything and everyone else.

Honestly, I'd love to see that translated into a DLC expansion pack for Deus Ex: Human Revolution. How about you guys?

Ashpolt
25th Feb 2012, 19:57
I'd assume that a DLC expansion pack for Deus Ex: Human Revolution would revolve around the events prior to what happens in Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Not only would it answers a lot of questions, but it would also build hype for a hopeful sequel. Remember when you had to gain access to the Police Department in Deus Ex: Human Revolution and you had to persuade the front desk fella to let you in, and he said something about Adam costing him a previous job of some sort? Wouldn't it be cool if we went through all that of Adam's past? I think it'd be pretty rad.

I know, I know; they had a book that told of the events prior to Deus Ex: Human Revolution, but perhaps the expansion pack could focus more exclusively on Adam and his journey, and partially on everything and everyone else.

Honestly, I'd love to see that translated into a DLC expansion pack for Deus Ex: Human Revolution. How about you guys?

That particular event was spoken about in the base game if you chose the right conversation options or hacked the right computers. It wouldn't make for a particularly good DLC, as it revolves around Adam not doing something, and inaction isn't exactly great fun. Also, the nature of the event would make ti difficult to get past ratings boards worldwide.

On top of that, it also happened before Adam got augmented, which would strip out a lot of the gameplay possibilities.

Romeo
27th Feb 2012, 01:24
That particular event was spoken about in the base game if you chose the right conversation options or hacked the right computers. It wouldn't make for a particularly good DLC, as it revolves around Adam not doing something, and inaction isn't exactly great fun. Also, the nature of the event would make ti difficult to get past ratings boards worldwide.

On top of that, it also happened before Adam got augmented, which would strip out a lot of the gameplay possibilities.
One of the endings of Bastion involved not doing anything, and that was possibly the most emotional moment in any media I've ever experienced.

Good gameplay? No. Good storytelling? Oh god yes.

Augmented_Humanoid
27th Feb 2012, 03:57

Yeah, I know; I went through all the possible dialogue responses they had to offer for that specific encounter -- but what I was trying to get at when I used that as an example was, what if we were allowed to actually experience Adam's journey through the Police force, and all that? Surely, it'll take another direction than Deus Ex: Human Revolution neglecting the utilization of augmentations, but that's the point of the DLC, anyway -- showcase the peaceful world before augmentations, and to clarify.

I'd assume if this ever sees the light of day, the DLC itself would revolve around Adam's time in the Police force as its main story, but on top of that, it will also clarify a LOT in regards to Deus Ex: Human Revolution's story -- things such as Megan and Adam's connection, and who Megan really is to Adam.

This DLC would take a step in the direction of a world before augmentations, showing us how things have evolved, edging more on the side of story-telling than anything.

But hey, I might just be babbling over something that should be made into a cinematic movie or something.

But yeah, on a personal level, I'd absolutely LOVE to see this come about.

Ashpolt
27th Feb 2012, 12:37
Yeah, I know; I went through all the possible dialogue responses they had to offer for that specific encounter -- but what I was trying to get at when I used that as an example was, what if we were allowed to actually experience Adam's journey through the Police force, and all that? Surely, it'll take another direction than Deus Ex: Human Revolution neglecting the utilization of augmentations, but that's the point of the DLC, anyway -- showcase the peaceful world before augmentations, and to clarify.

I'd assume if this ever sees the light of day, the DLC itself would revolve around Adam's time in the Police force as its main story, but on top of that, it will also clarify a LOT in regards to Deus Ex: Human Revolution's story -- things such as Megan and Adam's connection, and who Megan really is to Adam.

This DLC would take a step in the direction of a world before augmentations, showing us how things have evolved, edging more on the side of story-telling than anything.

But hey, I might just be babbling over something that should be made into a cinematic movie or something.

But yeah, on a personal level, I'd absolutely LOVE to see this come about.

By the end of DXHR, we already know who Megan was to Adam though. Sure, it's not stamped in big letters across your forehead, but it's there, and it doesn't need to be told to any deeper level, it'd just be retelling what we already know and stapling on a few extra bits for the sake of padding. Subtlety is very underappreciated.

And again, having a game where the main character isn't augmented would basically strip out a huge amount of the gameplay possibilities, and you'd end up with not a lot more than Mass Effect. No thanks.

sandkiller
27th Feb 2012, 17:46
+1 to this topic.

Any confirmation from Eidos would be appreciated ;)

Romeo
27th Feb 2012, 22:45
By the end of DXHR, we already know who Megan was to Adam though. Sure, it's not stamped in big letters across your forehead, but it's there, and it doesn't need to be told to any deeper level, it'd just be retelling what we already know and stapling on a few extra bits for the sake of padding. Subtlety is very underappreciated.

And again, having a game where the main character isn't augmented would basically strip out a huge amount of the gameplay possibilities, and you'd end up with not a lot more than Mass Effect. No thanks.
Agreed with on the first paragraph, but I find myself completely against your second point: Why would you possibly need augmentations to allow for choice? Shooting a weapon does not require augmentations, nor does stealth. And even hacking, while made easier with augs, Adam stated in the opening level he knew his way in to computers from before. I also don't particularly understand the reference to Mass Effect style gameplay, as it's completely different (Like, night and day different) than Deus Ex.

Augmented_Humanoid
28th Feb 2012, 17:48

Obviously, through the story of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, the purpose Megan served to Adam WAS revealed, but what I'm trying to get across with the concept of this DLC is that it'd serve as a back-story for the leading events that transpired in DXHR. Throughout the story of this DLC, we'd get to know more in regards to origins, and so forth.

I still don't see how the lack of Augments for this DLC would ''strip'' the vital gameplay elements from this DLC so drastically to alter its feel.

SDF121
28th Feb 2012, 22:25
Honestly, at this point, I would like to see an expansion or director's cut of Human Revolution. It would be nice to see the hubs/content that was cut/never created due to time constraints. Now that the game has been released and did rather well, you would think that there may be some incentives to work on a director's cut version of the game. Maybe even create an option to remove the third person perspective or at least include an SDK. I thought Human Revolution was great which is why the few blemishes that I could find stood out from what was an otherwise excellent game. Aside from matters such as the terrible boss battles (which were outsourced) and the terrible ending (which was done due to time constraints) which I can be forgiving of, I have trouble getting past the lack of a proper melee weapon and the frequent change to third person perspective (why not give us the option?) which only destroys any sense of immersion and suspense. Again, these are but minor complaints but there was so much that Human Revolution got right as a Deus Ex game that it is only reasonable that we might dwell on the few areas it seemed to fall short. If an SDK is not released, I think it would be nice to see a directors cut version of Human Revolution that addressed some of these issues. I'm sure plenty of people would like to see the boss battles redone and to see a proper ending to the game made. A director's cut of the game could also implement 'The Missing Link' into the main game. Afterwards, you could regain all of your previous praxis points and use them to reconfigure your character's augs. Think of it as a way to redo your character halfway through the game for those who would like to change playstyles or for those who picked the wrong augs early on. Thoughts?

Romeo
29th Feb 2012, 01:15
Honestly, at this point, I would like to see an expansion or director's cut of Human Revolution. It would be nice to see the hubs/content that was cut/never created due to time constraints. Now that the game has been released and did rather well, you would think that there may be some incentives to work on a director's cut version of the game. Maybe even create an option to remove the third person perspective or at least include an SDK. I thought Human Revolution was great which is why the few blemishes that I could find stood out from what was an otherwise excellent game. Aside from matters such as the terrible boss battles (which were outsourced) and the terrible ending (which was done due to time constraints) which I can be forgiving of, I have trouble getting past the lack of a proper melee weapon and the frequent change to third person perspective (why not give us the option?) which only destroys any sense of immersion and suspense. Again, these are but minor complaints but there was so much that Human Revolution got right as a Deus Ex game that it is only reasonable that we might dwell on the few areas it seemed to fall short. If an SDK is not released, I think it would be nice to see a directors cut version of Human Revolution that addressed some of these issues. I'm sure plenty of people would like to see the boss battles redone and to see a proper ending to the game made. A director's cut of the game could also implement 'The Missing Link' into the main game. Afterwards, you could regain all of your previous praxis points and use them to reconfigure your character's augs. Think of it as a way to redo your character halfway through the game for those who would like to change playstyles or for those who picked the wrong augs early on. Thoughts?
Believe me, while I'd love to see a version without third-person, all of those suggestions would requires a massive amount of time to devellop. I really can't see it happening.

SDF121
29th Feb 2012, 07:27
Believe me, while I'd love to see a version without third-person, all of those suggestions would requires a massive amount of time to devellop. I really can't see it happening.

Unfortunately, I agree that it will never happen. To be honest, my only genuine concern with this game was the frequent use of a third person perspective. I can look past the games other faults but the use of a first person/third person hybrid system is one that I cannot shake. If Eidos has no intention of releasing an SDK,then I would at least like to see a first person mod (that removes the switch to a third person perspective for melee attacks, typhoon, icarus, cover, ladders, etc) released as an optional piece of DLC and at a modest price. I would gladly shell out some cash for such a mod. I can't imagine that it would be too difficult for a few programmers at Eidos to implement.

Zerim
29th Feb 2012, 17:50
The fan community will eventually address these problems with unofficial mods.

SDF121
29th Feb 2012, 18:35
The fan community will eventually address these problems with unofficial mods.

How would fans be able to make a first person mod without a proper SDK? Would it not be very difficult if not impossible for fans to accomplish without the SDK? Please forgive my ignorance for I know very little when it comes to modding a game without some kind of SDK.

Zerim
29th Feb 2012, 20:22
How would fans be able to make a first person mod without a proper SDK? Would it not be very difficult if not impossible for fans to accomplish without the SDK? Please forgive my ignorance for I know very little when it comes to modding a game without some kind of SDK.

Most of the game's assets have already been ripped. It would only take a few people who are good with codes to modify the game's behavior.

The biggest challenge with a third person mod at this point is Jensen's character model. You see, when you're walking around in the game, your view (camera) is placed into the head of a character model of Jensen. But that model is not animated AT ALL. So when viewed from outside, the character just kind of floats through the maps. And when you crouch, you get the funniest sight you'll ever see in Human Revolution. Adam's legs will actually fold in a way that will bring his abdomen right above his feet with the rest of his body still standing up straight. This is actually how you look when you crouch in the game. So at this point there are two great challenges: Making the character model walk and so on in first person, and working out the issues with aiming/cover/camera switches and all the rest of that jazz.

It's difficult without modding tools for sure, but not impossible.

SDF121
1st Mar 2012, 00:54
I would have no interest in seeing a third person mod although I can understand why some fans do. I would be interested in seeing a mod which completely eliminated the use of a third person perspective except for in game conversations. Since the first person perspective is based in the jensen model's head, would there be a way to keep it that way while using a melee attack, punching a wall, climbing a ladder, using the cover system, deploying the icarus landing system, or while using the typhoon? Since the animations already exist, would it only be a matter of disabling the trigger to a third person perspective so that the camera would remain fixed to jensen's head and thereby maintain a first person perspective? If so, that would be AMAZING and such a mod would make this game nearly perfect!

Romeo
1st Mar 2012, 05:38
Most of the game's assets have already been ripped. It would only take a few people who are good with codes to modify the game's behavior.

The biggest challenge with a third person mod at this point is Jensen's character model. You see, when you're walking around in the game, your view (camera) is placed into the head of a character model of Jensen. But that model is not animated AT ALL. So when viewed from outside, the character just kind of floats through the maps. And when you crouch, you get the funniest sight you'll ever see in Human Revolution. Adam's legs will actually fold in a way that will bring his abdomen right above his feet with the rest of his body still standing up straight. This is actually how you look when you crouch in the game. So at this point there are two great challenges: Making the character model walk and so on in first person, and working out the issues with aiming/cover/camera switches and all the rest of that jazz.

It's difficult without modding tools for sure, but not impossible.
He's asking for the polar opposite though. Not more third-person, but less. I personally don't understand why takedowns weren't first-person to begin with - it would've been much more intense and interesting from the Adam's point of view. Same goes for ladders. Cover is really the only time where third-person should've been present in my books.

Zerim
1st Mar 2012, 12:12
He's asking for the polar opposite though. Not more third-person, but less.

Haha, sorry about that, I was severely sleep deprived. So he wanted orange, I gave him lemon lime.

Personally, I'd prefer something like what Bethesda does with their games where you can switch between 1st and 3rd person.

SDF121
1st Mar 2012, 18:17
Personally, I'd prefer something like what Bethesda does with their games where you can switch between 1st and 3rd person.

That would be ideal. There could also be some kind of menu in the options where you can toggle when you want the switch to third person enabled/disabled. Romeo: I can see why people like the third person cover system but it just seems like an outdated game mechanic from when developers did not know how to do a proper first person cover system. However, I would be fine with seeing the ability to lean reintroduced so I could avoid using the cover system which glues you to the wall. If someone is worried about properly surveilling their opponents, it would seem to me that the radar coupled with the optic aug that enables a player to see through walls should suffice.

Zerim
1st Mar 2012, 18:59
I wonder, where did this new obsession with being able to survey enemies at all times come from in gaming?

Part of the excitement in stealth and gunfights is not knowing where your enemy is. It equals the grounds a little bit- they don't always know where you are, and you shouldn't be able to always know where THEY are.

Nowadays all games are required to have some sort of gameplay mechanic that allows you to see all enemies within your vicinity, be it a 3rd person cover system, or some sort of "see-behind-walls" thing.

SDF121
1st Mar 2012, 21:57
I wonder, where did this new obsession with being able to survey enemies at all times come from in gaming?

Part of the excitement in stealth and gunfights is not knowing where your enemy is.

I think it has always been that way with stealth games on the consoles whether its metal gear or splinter cell. I too believe that the immersion as well as the suspense is far greater when confined to a strictly first person perspective. Think of all the times in deus ex or thief that you were weary to peek out of a corner to see if the enemy was still near for fear of being spotted. If anything, I find third person cover systems to be too empowering which tends to destroy any sense of vulnerability that stealth games typically attempt to instill. Again, I think that third person cover systems are a contrived mechanic which originated on consoles due to the limited amount of control that one can have over ones character with a controller as opposed to with a mouse and keyboard.

SDF121
1st Mar 2012, 22:00
For examples of a first person cover system, consult the following:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQin4AaPwJw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83wgiNW93WU

For examples of a first person melee system, consult the following:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il6DltryeJw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzThylF2BnI

Romeo
1st Mar 2012, 22:50
Haha, sorry about that, I was severely sleep deprived. So he wanted orange, I gave him lemon lime.

Oh my god, that comment was full of win. :D

Aye, that was always nice, although I think if Deus Ex had to "pick" either first person, third person or hybrid like we have now, it should've gone first person. Crysis did it, and it worked spectacularly.

That would be ideal. There could also be some kind of menu in the options where you can toggle when you want the switch to third person enabled/disabled. Romeo: I can see why people like the third person cover system but it just seems like an outdated game mechanic from when developers did not know how to do a proper first person cover system. However, I would be fine with seeing the ability to lean reintroduced so I could avoid using the cover system which glues you to the wall. If someone is worried about properly surveilling their opponents, it would seem to me that the radar coupled with the optic aug that enables a player to see through walls should suffice.
I'm with you entirely on that one. Crysis was infinitely more immersive in combat to me, because it always seemed like the player was the character, as opposed to just "guiding" a character. Hell, I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I kinda wish the devs took some pointers from Call of Duty. The game may have a multitude of faults, but at least it keeps to its perspective throughout. And like Crysis, the cover never feels like cover. It's just part of the environment. Where one chooses to hide is their perogative.

SDF121
1st Mar 2012, 23:41
Hell, I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I kinda wish the devs took some pointers from Call of Duty. The game may have a multitude of faults, but at least it keeps to its perspective throughout. And like Crysis, the cover never feels like cover. It's just part of the environment. Where one chooses to hide is their perogative.

I thought about making a similar point with call of duty but feared there would be some kind of backlash. It's good to see that someone else shares the same idea. For as arcadey as CoD has become, you have to admit that 64 player hardcore S&D in the original modern warfare was incredible. Sure matches start out hectic, but it is not long before the match turns into an intense game of cat and mouse where the remaining players use their wits to sneak around and either complete their objective or single handedly wipe out the opfor. I loved playing the early CoD games as well as the original America's Army for the moments like these that they afforded.

SDF121
1st Mar 2012, 23:50
You may also want to read the following articles.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1942766

Romeo
5th Mar 2012, 03:17
I thought about making a similar point with call of duty but feared there would be some kind of backlash. It's good to see that someone else shares the same idea. For as arcadey as CoD has become, you have to admit that 64 player hardcore S&D in the original modern warfare was incredible. Sure matches start out hectic, but it is not long before the match turns into an intense game of cat and mouse where the remaining players use their wits to sneak around and either complete their objective or single handedly wipe out the opfor. I loved playing the early CoD games as well as the original America's Army for the moments like these that they afforded.
Yeah. I would avoid taking too many pointers from the series, as I find it ridiculously mindless, but it did do cover well.

You may also want to read the following articles.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1942766
Yeah, something that's always annoyed me, and lists one of the reasons I never identify myself with PC players.

Jobesky
5th Mar 2012, 05:10
I'm just impressed with Eidos at how quickly they dropped this game.

Forum's practically dead, no Eidos staff talking, no word about patches or DLC... it's just quiet here with a few mods and users here...

Kinda sad, really. This game had such a bright future.

But hey, maybe they're working on a really big expansion or something. One can dream, hey? :D

Romeo
5th Mar 2012, 05:26

Forum's practically dead, no Eidos staff talking, no word about patches or DLC... it's just quiet here with a few mods and users here...

But hey, maybe they're working on a really big expansion or something. One can dream, hey? :D
We've never had Eidos staff talking here though, that's not really a change or anything. I am suprised though too how fast the game was seemingly dropped, as it appeared to be pretty successful. One would assume from a fiscal perspective that they'd want to keep content going for it, and thus revenue going for it.

SDF121
5th Mar 2012, 13:30
Romeo: Did you even read the articles? They are not meant to be a mark against pc elitists but rather to provide an insightful discussion as to how what many pc gamer lament as consilisation is really just bad game design. There is also some really interesting points with respect to game design that is of some relevance to our discussion of player perspectives, one button takedowns, third person cover mechanics, etc.

Also, seeing as how Human Revolution has received little to no support as of late... why not release the SDK?

Zerim
5th Mar 2012, 13:45
why not release the SDK?

I seriously cannot understand why not all developers release modding tools with their games. Mod tools keep a game alive like nothing else. Think about how popular Skyrim would've stayed if it didn't have mods.

When I grow up and become a game developer, I'm going to release mod tools with ALL my games!

SDF121
5th Mar 2012, 13:54
Yeah. I would avoid taking too many pointers from the series, as I find it ridiculously mindless, but it did do cover well.

I wholeheartedly agree. That and the gun play was especially nice.

Romeo
6th Mar 2012, 03:51
Romeo: Did you even read the articles? They are not meant to be a mark against pc elitists but rather to provide an insightful discussion as to how what many pc gamer lament as consilisation is really just bad game design. There is also some really interesting points with respect to game design that is of some relevance to our discussion of player perspectives, one button takedowns, third person cover mechanics, etc.

Also, seeing as how Human Revolution has received little to no support as of late... why not release the SDK?
I did, but I found the discussion much, much more entertaining.

I wholeheartedly agree. That and the gun play was especially nice.
That's true actually, the guns have a decent kick to them too.

Zoet
6th Mar 2012, 04:48
We've never had Eidos staff talking here though, that's not really a change or anything. I am suprised though too how fast the game was seemingly dropped, as it appeared to be pretty successful. One would assume from a fiscal perspective that they'd want to keep content going for it, and thus revenue going for it.

My hope is that instead of trying to work more DLC into a narrative that hasn't got much room for anything other than dramatic expansion (ie, a whole new story), they've decided to fast-track a proper sequel. At least they still update their tumblr now and again, so there's not total silence.

SDF121
6th Mar 2012, 17:25
My hope is that instead of trying to work more DLC into a narrative that hasn't got much room for anything other than dramatic expansion (ie, a whole new story), they've decided to fast-track a proper sequel. At least they still update their tumblr now and again, so there's not total silence.

I doubt that we'll see anything related to deus ex for a while now that eidos montreal is working on thief 4.

Ashpolt
6th Mar 2012, 18:11
I doubt that we'll see anything related to deus ex for a while now that eidos montreal is working on thief 4.

There's more than one team at Eidos Montreal.

Romeo
6th Mar 2012, 20:55
Aye, I thought I heard they were working on three projects at the moment, aren't they?

SDF121
7th Mar 2012, 02:23

I understand that but I what I meant was that the general focus will most likely be on thief. Human Revolution had a somewhat lenghty development process and although I'm sure there is some team dedicated to its sequel, I would assume that the next Deus Ex will be in development for quite some time as well. Of course, this is all speculation.

Romeo
7th Mar 2012, 04:14
I understand that but I what I meant was that the general focus will most likely be on thief. Human Revolution had a somewhat lenghty development process and although I'm sure there is some team dedicated to its sequel, I would assume that the next Deus Ex will be in development for quite some time as well. Of course, this is all speculation.
I'm not sure, myself. Thief, Deus Ex and Tomb Raider were all in devellopment in some stage or another concurrently. No reason to suggest even with "the main focus" shifting to Thief, and the Tomb Raider, that Deus nExt won't be getting worked on, or announced.

OMGITSJASON
11th Mar 2012, 17:43
I would definitely like to play more Deus Ex: HR. Although I thought The Missing Link could have been better. The ending was nice.

Romeo
12th Mar 2012, 05:34
I would definitely like to play more Deus Ex: HR. Although I thought The Missing Link could have been better. The ending was nice.
Really? Oh see I absolutely adored The Missing Link.

OMGITSJASON
12th Mar 2012, 17:12

This place is far from dead. You wanna see dead? Visit the official RAGE forum.