PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes - 6th May 2014 Update

Saikocat
6th May 2014, 17:12
Crashes
“Syncing Online Profile…” on Startup Crash
- Fixed a critical issue causing the game to crash on boot if you or any of your Steam friends had an irregular avatar size

Scout
Bows
- Undrawn rate of fire decreased for all bows
- Undrawn shot damage decreased by 5% across the board

Vampires
Melee
- Power Melee charge time reduced to 1.25 sec

Reaver
Shadow Bomb
- Re-enabled vision darkening on humans, but reduced how long it affects vision after leaving the AOE
Sweeping Kick
- Reduced rotation speed mid-kick

Deceiver
Backstab
- Hit detection window increased
Disguise
- Fade to/from invisibility takes longer

- Fixed a bug causing party invites sent to friends before matchmaking to fail often
- Fixed a bug preventing friends from re-joining eachother’s lobbies

UI
- New tooltips implemented. Magic (charged) items will no longer show a “duration” bar in the inventory screen that made them look like they would expire like rentals.

SiD_Green
6th May 2014, 18:38
Grrrr, thought the knife changes were being reconsidered...time to try it out I guess, seems like overkill though

LOFO1993
6th May 2014, 19:05
I have a bad feeling about the knives, they were slightly overpowered before, but I have the feeling they will be hugely underpowered now. As soon as the patch downloads I'll try it all out anyway.

RainaAudron
6th May 2014, 19:27
What´s up with this ongoing"no servers currently available" issue? I just was in a lobby, left and now I can´t find any matches... sigh.

Psyonix_Corey
6th May 2014, 21:01
The knive stun change did not go live, these notes are incorrect

RainaAudron
6th May 2014, 23:15
Oh and none of my custom bindings and settings got reset, really glad for that :)

NickTsiou
6th May 2014, 23:46
still I faced the problem of the bug that doesn't allow some friends to join and puts them in another lobby...

Question: any idea when the evolved skins will be here?

Prime_Abstergo
7th May 2014, 06:15
Nice trolling lol :nut:

Now I understand why didn't notice any difference. :gamer: The most funny thing there were guys yelling and trying to prove me that Knives ARE ****t now (meaning after patch)! LOL!:lmao:

ps. Can we discuss patch changes in this thread?

Anyway I'd like to express my dissapointment seeing new tooltips. Their size is OK but the font.. oh GOD I barely can see anything - just numbers. Description is a total mess. Is there are a way to make text look "clearer"?

lucinvampire
7th May 2014, 08:15
Everything seemed nice and shiny when I had a go last night…even if I did get some of the biggest poundings going :p :D …going to have to play some more tonight to test it out some more…as didn’t get to try out or experience all the changes.

I have a bad feeling about the knives, they were slightly overpowered before, but I have the feeling they will be hugely underpowered now. As soon as the patch downloads I'll try it all out anyway.

Yey lets make Scout more powerful :lol: …please no?!?! so glad this wasn’t applied in the patch.

Oh and none of my custom bindings and settings got reset, really glad for that :)

I nearly fell off the sofa when I saw this – it was like “My Elder God they’ve remained bound to my keys - the world shall now bow before the power of the vampire overlords” *happy dance*

Saikocat
7th May 2014, 08:53
Hey folks,
The notes are updated now, there was a few differences compared to the ones from last night.

Saruwatari
7th May 2014, 09:50
Backstab seems to function better now, but i still get times were it visually connects but does no damage.

Prime_Abstergo
7th May 2014, 11:06
Backstab seems to function better now, but i still get times were it visually connects but does no damage. a LOT more better actually. I am starting to like Deceiver but only as Mind Controller.

I've heard MC channeling is going to be less visible in future patches? Is it true?
And one more question - what kind of damage breaks MC? It seems to me that everything except choking haze do.

cmstache
7th May 2014, 13:38
Crashes
“Syncing Online Profile…” on Startup Crash
- Fixed a critical issue causing the game to crash on boot if you or any of your Steam friends had an irregular avatar size

WOW!!! Never would have expected that was the cause.

Scout
Bows
Not very happy with the War Bow nerf, it already had low DPS and Drawn AND quick-shot damage with a 4 round clip. The only real advantage it had was the ability to knock a reaver off a pounced teammate in 1 shot. This is now un-doable, and it had low damage (less than 800/clip) The War Bow really needs to be where it was, or at least make it able to knock a play off again. The others seem to be a bit better atm, although we'll see over the coming week or so. Also, stopping power on the storm bow is still too high. I think it's the explosion section that's doing it.

Vampires
Melee
Seems OK to me, although I didn't mind the last round as much as most people.

Reaver
Shadow Bomb
- Re-enabled vision darkening on humans, but reduced how long it affects vision after leaving the AOE

I'm blind, again. Yay! It's nice to see the CH spam down some again.

Sweeping Kick
Still don't think this is enough. Really needs a little wider range, just rotation locked. Make it a split second dodge reaction to get around it if you catch it in time and hard to miss with. Being able to turn is obnoxious, near uncounterable, and completely unrealistic for them to spin while turning halfway through the air. I know you guys like gameplay logic too, but there has to be some kind of realistic rational for it, otherwise it's counter-intuitive.

Deceiver
Backstab
Hardly noticeable.

Disguise
I think this seems a bit better.

- Fixed a bug causing party invites sent to friends before matchmaking to fail often
Still haven't gotten this to work, tried about 6 times. They get "Unable to join lobby," thrown into a random lobby, or most frequently "Joinable lobby has been shut down." Which isn't any different than it's been since I started in Alpha.
- Fixed a bug preventing friends from re-joining each other’s lobbies
Seems to still happen. I'll keep looking for this though. Might just be bad memory atm.

UI
- New tooltips implemented. Magic (charged) items will no longer show a “duration” bar in the inventory screen that made them look like they would expire like rentals.
I have mixed feelings about this. Yes, it's nicer. The tooltip is great. Unfortunately, there shouldn't really be a pop-up tooltip. It's more of an annoyance than anything. I'd, personally, rather there be a static window with the information. On the plus side, it looks a bit cluttered. I think the current tooltip does work well during loadout menus during the game though.

And, can we PLEASE get a perk filter in the inventory? If you have a purchased perk and the daily perk is the same perk the store A- doesn't show you own it, B- loadouts won't let you equip it until the daily perk changes, which leads me to C- Messes up the preset loadouts for people.

Responses inline.

PencileyePirate
7th May 2014, 15:46
Vampires
Melee

Yay! Standard melee still feels sorta clunky though.

Reaver
Shadow Bomb

Glad to see darkening back, but don't think it needed the length of effect changed.

Sweeping Kick

Meh, just remove Sweeping Kick altogether IMO ... it's annoying for humans and seems difficult to balance properly for vampires. Any close-range vampire attack with the ability to incapacitate is inherently overpowered.

Deceiver
Backstab

Still seems completely broken ... usually instead of connecting the attack slides along and past the player model.

- Fixed a bug preventing friends from re-joining eachother’s lobbies

Both of these (failed match invites & join on friend repeatedly sending to incorrect or empty lobby) are still happening with the latest patch.

LOFO1993
7th May 2014, 19:53
Scout buffs didn't seem to dramatic to me; I can sense there's some difference now, especially with the slower bows (all of them except Swiftbow), but it certainly didn't break it.

Which, I guess, is good. You buffed it without making it too bad.

Elburko
8th May 2014, 00:28
Scout
Bows

I feel the downgrade is understandable, undrawn firing outputs a lot of dps especially from skilled players

Vampires
Melee

Glad to see this after the nerf. I didn't mind it too much but this is a more reasonable mid ground. The only other suggestion for this skill I might have would be considering the range. Personally I feel it could be ever so slightly further (I would prefer that over charge time decrease)

Reaver
Shadow Bomb
Sweeping Kick

Kick: had to be done (still very strong)
Shadow Bomb: like the first two changes im not too surprised. The skill was obviously broken after last patch

Deceiver
Backstab
Disguise

Contrary to other peoples comments the hit box increase was all that I seemed to need in order to hit it almost every time now. With the ability to fully rotate while casting (like sweeping kick post patch) I feel like it is very powerful. If you team up with two deceivers the backstab combo capabilities are deadly

No comments on disguise I think its at a good level

Vallass
8th May 2014, 16:40
I'm really annoyed now...I didn't realize those were magic items. The timer ran out, so I thought they were just rental items and deleted...there goes half my chests.

Voradors
8th May 2014, 19:09
UI

I like this change, but i find the font a little small, cluttered and harder to read.

While the stun changes didnt go live, the grouping of knives definitely changed and that is not in the notes....

Woot for that. I was glad to see that as well.

MasterZtark
10th May 2014, 03:50
I really like all the changes, except the Sweeping Kick feels like the same thing. I think I remember reading that the devs want to slowly make buffs/nerfs instead of drastically changing abilities, so I guess they'll slowly be adjusting Sweeping Kick further each Patch until it's right.

I am curious as to WHY the Throwing Knives were not changed also.

TheSpray
11th May 2014, 14:16
I'm really annoyed now...I didn't realize those were magic items. The timer ran out, so I thought they were just rental items and deleted...there goes half my chests.
Yeah, I lost nearly half cuz I did not know this aswell, god damn.

Voradors
12th May 2014, 18:03

Yeah, I lost nearly half cuz I did not know this aswell, god damn.

Maybe in your cases the items were actually just temporary rentals.

If they were rechargeable, even before the change, when you right clicked the item a pop up would ask you if you wanted to "Recharge" or "Delete". So maybe you didnt delete them for nothing.

NickTsiou
15th May 2014, 12:04
well there are still problems with the match making or whatever it is called. I can join or be joined half the times I apply it and sometimes I even have to exit the game and restart it...

Prime_Abstergo
15th May 2014, 12:19
Estimated date on Prophet? Anyone knows?

Sanguise23
15th May 2014, 12:35
Estimated date on Prophet? Anyone knows?
Soon/2014