PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming DLC?

LaputanMachine
4th Jan 2012, 17:01
Has anyone heard anything about anymore upcoming DLC after 'The missing link'? I have been digging around online, but I haven't found anything, was just wondering if anyone's heard any sort of developer talk about more to come.

Spyhopping
4th Jan 2012, 20:02
AFAIK, there's no official word yet. I do reckon there will be some more DLC eventually, but EM always liked to keep things quiet before, so...

In the Missing Link, Janus says he will know how to find Adam if instructions have been followed correctly. I'd like to see a DLC moving on from one of the game endings that explores some kind of interaction with Janus and Juggernaut.

Zoet
4th Jan 2012, 20:28
I really hope there is some more DLC planned, as The Missing Link hinted at yet deeper layers of conspiracy that really need investigating, and also gave me hope that there could be future DLC set in Austrailia.

Spyhopping
4th Jan 2012, 22:25
Oooor London!

Nah. A DLC wouldn't have a city hub, so it wouldn't do it justice. Maybe it'll star in a sequel somewhen.

Zoet
4th Jan 2012, 22:37
Oooor London!

Nah. A DLC wouldn't have a city hub, so it wouldn't do it justice. Maybe it'll star in a sequel somewhen.

If they had an Australian location as a DLC, it would likely just be the Uluru (Ayer's Rock) Belltower base mentioned in TML. I would personally prefer Sydney though... But I would also love to see a cyberpunk version of London. Has London actually starred as a location in any major games?

Spyhopping
4th Jan 2012, 22:47
Uhhm off the top of my head, Vampire Masquerade: Redemption. But that was barely London. You had Cockney police officers and I think that's where you meet a punk vampire. There was a London track in GT5. That's all I can think of. :scratch:

It'd be funny if it stubbornly stayed more or less the same. In the next 15 years I could see it with a less ancient tube system, a few imposing skyscrapers, and something more impressive in place of the London eye.

68_pie
4th Jan 2012, 23:30
Hellgate: London and the GTA 2 Expansion.

Ashpolt
4th Jan 2012, 23:40
The Getaway games (remember them?) were set in London. Resistance: Fall of Man had some parts in London, and though I haven't played it, I believe that Modern Warfare 3 has a level set there as well. Other than those and the ones mentioned above, I can't think of any others offhand.

I'd love to see a DX game tackle London, for sure. I'd rather it's a proper hub though (like Detroit / Heng Sha) and that seems unlikely in DLC, so maybe DX4?

Senka
5th Jan 2012, 06:15
Killing Floor is (mostly) set in london and thereabouts, although it's a co op FPS so don't expect anything deep. Awesome game though.

Dr_Bob
5th Jan 2012, 16:57
I hope EM are working on more Deus Ex, don't care if it's DLC, an expansion or a full sequel.

Gunter Herman
12th Jan 2012, 04:22
Before DXHR, I detested DLCs. But TML was in my opinion even better than the full game, or at least the best level from the full game, because it was even closer to DX1.

Especially because there was no "What do you want me to do, boss?" ;) In DX4 I hope the character goes rogue early in the game, just like in DX1 and DXIW!

Before that, however, I'll buy any DLC they release.

Jerion
12th Jan 2012, 08:21
In my own humble opinion, Borderlands and DX:HR are the only two titles I've played that have DLC done right. I thoroughly enjoyed Missing Link, and wouldn't mind seeing another like it. I'd also like to see a DX game/expansion finally tackle London. :)

Has anyone heard anything about anymore upcoming DLC after 'The missing link'? I have been digging around online, but I haven't found anything, was just wondering if anyone's heard any sort of developer talk about more to come.

Nothing has been announced. Cough.

El Zoido
12th Jan 2012, 21:18
Fallout New Vegas' DLC was nice too, imho.

Good amount of content, the DLCs were pretty unique and provided a somewhat different experience from the main game.

Agent Denton
12th Jan 2012, 22:21
Looking back I think the DLC not taking your augmentations and exp into account was not wise. It was also not wise to make a DLC that takes place during the main game, and was not part of the game, or incorporated into the main game. Instead it was accessed as a separate outing all together. I know beating a dead horse but damn man. How about they just announce the director's cut with revised boss encounters and all the cut content crammed back into the game making it a partially new experience all together.

lowenz
13th Jan 2012, 00:05
Well, I'd like to see a DC version like that!

Serendip1ty
13th Jan 2012, 02:17
Looking back I think the DLC not taking your augmentations and exp into account was not wise. It was also not wise to make a DLC that takes place during the main game, and was not part of the game, or incorporated into the main game. Instead it was accessed as a separate outing all together. I know beating a dead horse but damn man. How about they just announce the director's cut with revised boss encounters and all the cut content crammed back into the game making it a partially new experience all together.

There was a podcast about the dlc. The main story was complete (= closed chapter). Apparently they only realised they had to develop a dlc when the main game was already in debug/testing. If you choose to believe it or not is your choice i guess... Not everyone worked on the dlc but most had a senior function in the original team.

The dlc couldnt be set before the main storyline because adam wouldnt have augmentations & it would feel like a different game. Also,it couldnt be set afterwards. Reason they have given: "we felt that might be better reserved for different ways of telling stories"

I translate this as: DLC is not important enough to tamper with the storyline of a possible sequel.

That left the only choice of fitting the dlc somewhere in the timeline of the main game...

sadmachine
14th Jan 2012, 14:20

I think they ideally would've liked to integrate TML properly with the main game, but I'm not sure that the game has the capability to do that. BioWare games, for example, use "plot flags" to track player decisions across installments and change the world accordingly. I don't know that DXHR has a similar system in place. This is why I don't expect player decisions to have any impact on future games--which is fine. Nothing wrong with a well-told, self-contained story.

lowenz
14th Jan 2012, 15:24
Yes it's self-contained but:

*revised boss fights
*DLC integration
*other 2 mini-packs integration

are the first step for a Director's Cut version of DX.

Second step: use new engine version (ML one) and update textures with 4x resolution ones (optional for best PC systems) and add an option for tint choice (original / ENB-like style / others)

JCpies
14th Jan 2012, 18:37
Oooor London!

Unless they're finishing Montreal secretly right now...

Romeo
17th Jan 2012, 10:12
I don't know, consider my faith in more DLC lost. I think it's been a touch too long without any indication what-so-ever, so my bets would be they're working on a new game.

neonfish
17th Jan 2012, 14:06
What is the purpose of the EMP minisodes anyway ? I mean yeah its fun but they provide nothing new and they answer totaly unimportant questions. So it seems they are back at work and frequently together. I assume they are helping out the Thief 4 Team.No more Deus ex .Think about it. They released more game related materials then oter studios normaly do. THe BOOK, The comic books, Game , DLC The missing link, MAKING OF VIDEO, Preorder DLC s. I think WE are done with this one. Time to Move on to Life or other games.

vallux
17th Jan 2012, 15:52
...or not.

Just because they release all this extra stuff just means they are dedicated and passionate about what they are doing. That being said, I'm guessing there won't be any more DLC. Most likely the next thing about Deus Ex will be...the next Deus Ex.

Romeo
17th Jan 2012, 15:54
What is the purpose of the EMP minisodes anyway ? I mean yeah its fun but they provide nothing new and they answer totaly unimportant questions. So it seems they are back at work and frequently together. I assume they are helping out the Thief 4 Team.No more Deus ex .Think about it. They released more game related materials then oter studios normaly do. THe BOOK, The comic books, Game , DLC The missing link, MAKING OF VIDEO, Preorder DLC s. I think WE are done with this one. Time to Move on to Life or other games.
I wouldn't say they've made more material than others do. Plenty of studios have books (Starcraft, Warcraft, Mass Effect, Gears of War, Halo and many more), plenty have comics (Mass Effect, Halo and other's I'm sure; Not really a comic guy so I don't know), the game is to be expected, and we've only had one DLC (Which is pittance compared to most games), every game I've ever played has a making of video and pre-order DLCs are just something to expect these days.

I think Deus Ex had A LOT more story left to tell, but it's a shame they seem to have abandonned it...