PDA

View Full Version : How long did it take you to complete the game ?

Goodfeller
30th Dec 2011, 07:13
I ask this because I've been playing it for about 2 weeks now and have only gotten halfway.

Mind you I am a bit of a time-waster because I tend to investigate and hack every single thing. Still, this game is proving to be much bigger than I thought. That's why I'm curious to find out how long it took other people to complete it on the first playthrough.

Sorry if this has been discussed previously but I couldn't find anything

MaxxQ1
30th Dec 2011, 07:36
My first playthrough took 90+ hours. That's at the high end of what most people had, though. I'm a very slow, methodical gamer, which is one reason I don't do online gaming.

Senka
30th Dec 2011, 07:56
About 24-26 hours. Not rushing, felt like I did everything, although I know I missed at least 2 quests.

Spyhopping
30th Dec 2011, 09:17
I managed to miss a couple of sidequests, but it took a fair bit of time. 50 hours? Possibly even more. Took me a bit longer than 2 weeks if I remember correctly. I enjoyed taking my time, and when I replayed it was a shorter playthrough and I had missed loads of goodies.

sonicsidewinder
30th Dec 2011, 14:41
About 40-50 hours, i think.

I missed 1 quest relating to an achievement.

Zoet
30th Dec 2011, 21:00
I don't know how long in hours, but it took me about a month, playing a minimum of an hour or so each day, with some more extended sessions thrown in when I had the time. I did all the sidequests, but missed some exploration areas. If you add in the missing link DLC, that will increase the playtime even further. Even my second play-through took quite a while. So, your seemingly lengthy playtime isn't particularly unusual :)

Bullet dodger
1st Jan 2012, 05:45
First play was about 130hrs. TML is an extra 28 hrs. (158hrs) I spend lots of time though exploring and get the scene in. Love to observe the suroundings, ask and listen everybody not just sneak through the city or warehouse. I have to admit I missed a few side quests :(

I just started to play it a second time, put in only about 10hrs sofar and determened to do all the quest, read evertyhing (what I did not in the first run) so I belive will take up more time then a first play through....:)

Goodfeller
1st Jan 2012, 09:00
Well, I finally finished. Great game. The ending was a bit of a damp squid. But great game overall. I'll be starting my second playthrough rightaway.

EDIT: Oops. Forgot to add that the game probably took me about 140 hours to complete.

Joseph Manderley's Corpse
1st Jan 2012, 16:45
about a month, but i only played maybe an hour or two each day.

jd10013
2nd Jan 2012, 20:58
about 60-65 hours first play through. around 30-40 on subsequent play through's.

singularity
4th Jan 2012, 07:01
First play on normal: 62 ish hours if I remember correctly. Got all the mission-related achievements also. Subsequent playthroughs only took me 30-40 hours.

Still working through TML though... longer than I anticipated. Jeeze...

Dr_Bob
5th Jan 2012, 16:59
33 hours, trying to do as much as I can on a stealthy playthrough.

With the exact same play-style, the original Deus Ex took me 35 hours.

USER47
6th Jan 2012, 11:13
How is it possible to play it 140 hours?:-o

I explored everything I could, played stealth and mostly nonlethal, and I didn't exceed 30 hours on HR and 7 hours on Missing Link.

Serendip1ty
6th Jan 2012, 14:49
I dont really get it either... first playthrough 31 hours, stealth + pacafist run on give me deus ex.

Explored as much as i could, hacked everything i saw, backtracked a lot to get all experience points, put most enemies out, got almost all normal steam achievements (missed one ebook that i know of - doh).

I only discovered a handful of new small rooms/corridors on consecutive runs.

I guess they always got lost in hengsha & did takedowns on every enemy with the single recharging energy bar?

Its a big game but not that big. The multipath approach is mostly kept basic.

Goodfeller
6th Jan 2012, 15:05
How is it possible to play it 140 hours?:-o

Well, I did say I was a bit of a time-waster, didn't I ? Started my 2nd playthrough last week and already I've killed 30 odd hours and I haven't even gotten to Hengsha yet. Why is it taking so long ?

*shrug*

Dunno. But one thing for sure, I am getting my money's worth.

El Zoido
7th Jan 2012, 12:29
About 40 hours playing stealthy and non-lethal.
Pretty nice length for a game like this, imho.

ZakKa89
7th Jan 2012, 19:55
50 plus hours

Stealth, trying different approaches, lots of saving and loading.
Very good exploring-wise, I had tons of ammo. Too much really, too much money too.
I hacked everything I could as well, even when I had the key code.

biofuel
7th Jan 2012, 22:32
My first playthrough took 90+ hours. That's at the high end of what most people had, though. I'm a very slow, methodical gamer, which is one reason I don't do online gaming.

90+ hours?? really? wow..

MaxxQ1
8th Jan 2012, 01:43
90+ hours?? really? wow..

Yes. Really.

Got a problem with that?

Did you even read past the "90+ hours" part? I'm sure you'd fall asleep watching me play, but then again, if I had to play the game again, I'd probably fall asleep myself.

Funny how you latched onto my 90+ and not Goodfeller's 140, or Bullet Dodger's 158 (including TML)...

Goodfeller
9th Jan 2012, 09:56
Why is it taking so long ?

*shrug*

Starting to figure out why:

1. Repeatedly wasting my time trying to leap impossible distances from roof to ledge to roof to balcony and back
again.

2. Finessing my kills so my victims die JUST SO. Rinsing and repeating until I am happy with it before moving on.

3. Trying futiley for nearly an hour to chuck a gang member off a roof.

4. Shooting at bad guys that I am supposed to take down ONLY after I've gotten the mission to take them down and then trying to take on the entire neighbourhood when they get all peeved off about it. Dying horribly and then going back for more.

5. Killing cops strutting by in their nice shiny armour out of sheer spite and then killing all their mates as well.

6. Spending too much time chatting to street whores, hoping for an easter-egg dialogue-type situation in which fees
can be negotiated and I am invited back to the hotel room.

Yeah, I know. I need to get out more.

Oniros
13th Jan 2012, 18:28
36 hours; I did all the side missions on a stealth playthrough. Give me a challenge difficulty.

Maybe you should take a look here: http://howlongtobeat.com/userbreakdown.php?gamename=Deus%20Ex:%20Human%20Revolution
That site is like a database where people submit their times so you can have an idea of how long the game is going to be.

Locutus of BORG
13th Jan 2012, 19:06
Took me about 40 hours, but I was pretty much scouring the game environments.

destroyraiden
21st Jan 2012, 22:15
It took me 2 - 3 weeks to beat the game and that was really nice considering Mass Effect is no challenge and the last game I played literally took me 2 days I was very happy it took a full 2 weeks or so I actually didn't keep track of the weeks that well from lack of sleep with this game!

I really love that it was a challenge! I've been waiting around for ME2 to do that (they sucked out the challenge factor in that one.) I also love the fact this game really takes me back to metalgear the multiple path choices, extreme sneaking, they seemed to combo metal gear, mass effect, and ghost in the shell in one really awesome game.

ⓣⓐⓕⓕⓔⓡ
26th Mar 2012, 20:53
90 hours? Wow, now that is some obsessive-compulsive disorder. :cool:

Took me no more than 12 hours to complete on medium difficulty. It was a lot shorter than people were making out. I just blew the crap out of everybody. I'm sure sneaking took a lot longer but it's not the playstyle I chose for my first character. Might go through it stealth on my second run.

Reven
26th Mar 2012, 21:08
39 hours on DX difficulty with lots of backtracking and one missed quest. But I guess I could be a lot less than that since I did do a restart at one point.

Tverdyj
26th Mar 2012, 23:52
50 hours sounds about right. mostly stealth play, lots of quicksave/loads

mind you, I really enjoyed traversing Hengsha's "Rooftop distict", doing crazy jumps and Icarus landings, so that killed many hours.

m G h m u o s
27th Mar 2012, 04:54
20-25 hours. I think I just missed 2 or 3 side missions in Hengsha the second time round, explored everything I could (and took it really slow as I played without the object highlight) and tried to hack every single thing possible even if I had the codes, except the last level where I think I started to rush myself. Tried exploring as much as I could and I think I was just one or two data things from the scholar achievement (whatever it is lol).

I'm doing a no-alert run atm and its a little slower at certain sections but I fly through some hubs just cos of my familiarity with the side quests.

I want to do a pacifist run but I'm really tempted just to do a psychopath one and kill every single NPC possible. I wonder if they considered an achievement for that lol.

Arach666
29th Mar 2012, 21:48
Around 28 hours I think,second playthrough took me 25h or so in the hardest dificulty.

68_pie
29th Mar 2012, 22:21
Steam tells me I played for a total of 24 hours (on hard) for one playthrough. That probably translates to about 20 hours game time total and if you account for save/load it's probably about 16 hours of content.