PDA

View Full Version : Worried about some things...

PsychoNite
29th Dec 2011, 16:24
Mostly, I'm worried that the story will be too unhitmany... the latest trailer made it seem very hollywood and very cliched. One main bad guy who's got it in for 47 and the whole pace of the trailer reminded me WAY too much of Splinter Cell Conviction (which was a terrible game, HORRIBLE story ad gameplay in general). they also tried to make a more personal story and it was terrible. And the way this seems to be set up makes me think that he wont be receiving contracts anymore... that would make him NOT a hitman just like Fisher was not a splinter cell in Conviction.

while the gameplay looks good, it looks abit too easy and I'm not fond of cover systems at all... its basically meant for noobs who don't know how to hide properly. the voice changing makes me very unsettled, especially after seeing the 16min gameplay footage which appeared to feature a very deep and overly husky voice. if i hear more of the voice i can forgive it, if its not a polar opposite of his original voice.

To sum up:
the gameplay looks cool but easy (if too different, like SCC, hardcore will abandon)
the voice changing is a bad idea which will lead to decreased sales and loss of the hardcore fanbase
hollywood story is a terrible idea, more personal stories only work in a series that begins its life with a very personal story, and hollywood, to me, generally means having overhype, over action, crappy stories that dont make sense and just anything to intrigue people.
wanting a more hollywood story is screaming out to the world "BUY OUR GAME! WE ARE GENERIC!"

Barez
29th Dec 2011, 18:42
Mostly, I'm worried that the story will be too unhitmany... the latest trailer made it seem very hollywood and very cliched. One main bad guy who's got it in for 47 and the whole pace of the trailer reminded me WAY too much of Splinter Cell Conviction (which was a terrible game, HORRIBLE story ad gameplay in general). they also tried to make a more personal story and it was terrible. And the way this seems to be set up makes me think that he wont be receiving contracts anymore... that would make him NOT a hitman just like Fisher was not a splinter cell in Conviction.

while the gameplay looks good, it looks abit too easy and I'm not fond of cover systems at all... its basically meant for noobs who don't know how to hide properly. the voice changing makes me very unsettled, especially after seeing the 16min gameplay footage which appeared to feature a very deep and overly husky voice. if i hear more of the voice i can forgive it, if its not a polar opposite of his original voice.

To sum up:
the gameplay looks cool but easy (if too different, like SCC, hardcore will abandon)
the voice changing is a bad idea which will lead to decreased sales and loss of the hardcore fanbase
hollywood story is a terrible idea, more personal stories only work in a series that begins its life with a very personal story, and hollywood, to me, generally means having overhype, over action, crappy stories that dont make sense and just anything to intrigue people.
wanting a more hollywood story is screaming out to the world "BUY OUR GAME! WE ARE GENERIC!"

:scratch::scratch:
One option for you sir;

Never buy the game and stay of this forum, we want fans, no haters..

Good day.

omega77
29th Dec 2011, 20:28
hear, hear. :thumb:

Sotsiak91
29th Dec 2011, 22:40
I think you may have some points there (not that I care about them personally), but I don't think we can criticize thoroughly all that things from just one gameplay video. Let's wait a bit more so we can have more stuff for analysis.

Myself, I don't have any problem with the voice and the cover system. As for the story, although I liked the story from the previous games, I don't think it is that significant compared to gameplay, it is a stealth game after all.

nirvana1
30th Dec 2011, 00:52
:scratch::scratch:
One option for you sir;

Never buy the game and stay of this forum, we want fans, no haters..

Good day.

i think u must stay of this forum,not PsychoNite,because u can't see other opinions

Barez
30th Dec 2011, 10:59
i think u must stay of this forum,not PsychoNite,because u can't see other opinions

I have alot more options, but it seems like the voice is more important then the whole game... why? It's sush a small detail...

The hiding technics are how they are in the new games, more REALISTIC.. in Blood Money u were able to hide behind chair without being seen, very effective ...

Also, when u know there will be alot of deus ex or splinter sell, agree with it, and certainly don't search it's properties, Since you only do yourself briefly.

The concerns are purely of interest and that's good, but sometimes you need to put yourself in their place. This will not be the last Hitman game as they want to make the game more for "main" players to get more fans.. witch is completely normal.

Hordcore mode will be still there, and the game and the character is ment to go stealth (like previous games), so i trust them!

Stop thinking of disadvantages, and wait patiently for the game.

nirvana1
30th Dec 2011, 21:27
I have alot more options, but it seems like the voice is more important then the whole game... why? It's sush a small detail...

The hiding technics are how they are in the new games, more REALISTIC.. in Blood Money u were able to hide behind chair without being seen, very effective ...

Also, when u know there will be alot of deus ex or splinter sell, agree with it, and certainly don't search it's properties, Since you only do yourself briefly.

The concerns are purely of interest and that's good, but sometimes you need to put yourself in their place. This will not be the last Hitman game as they want to make the game more for "main" players to get more fans.. witch is completely normal.

Hordcore mode will be still there, and the game and the character is ment to go stealth (like previous games), so i trust them!

Stop thinking of disadvantages, and wait patiently for the game.

i have respect for ur Advice(even its Unfavorable for me) , but i said u could respect for other members advice and opinions :flowers:

shobhit777777
31st Dec 2011, 08:00
@Psychonite

Well, hello Psycho

1. 'Cover system for n00bs'...and I bet you think automatic transmission is for 'noob drivers' as well.
A cover system makes the act of hiding behind cover a visually appealing one (an animation where 47 looks like he is leaning against a wall, lowering his profile is FAR more immersive than simply squatting down staring at the table) It affords the player precision that is otherwise unavailable thanks to the virtual existence of his avatar.

2. Conviction (as I have proved in the SCC forums..several times) is a more tactical AND strategic (than its predecessors) game owing to the "HORRIBLE" gameplay it has. Hitman can ONLY benefit in terms of depth and options if an aggro-stealth option is made viable to the game

3. Hollywood: Pretty sure your experience of hollywood has been confined to B-grade action movies...because the Hollywood I know has some of the best action sequences and stories in ANY entertainment media.

4. Voicework: Really? A hardcore fan will turn down absolution because Bateson is absent? Then that hardcore fan is an idiot IMO. Honestly, 47 is the LEAST defined video game characters...he has Minimal dialogue, no motivations, no window into his head apart form a few tiny hints here and there...47's character has been left mostly to the payers imagination (something that I like BTW) so how does Bateson's absence in anyway breach 47 as a character?

Sorry, If 47's portrayal hinges on his voice for you...then I think it is fair to say that you are devoid of ANY imagination.

Oh and BTW A cover system is entirely optional.

I for one am glad that Hitman is adopting features and mechanics which actually help add depth to the gameplay. Here is an example of what I mean:

I was recently playing Blood Money on an 'IRL' Playthrough

(an IRL playthrough is one where you play the game as if you are the character 'IN REAL LIFE' and play the game with real life constrains-imaginary-so as to attain a super immersive and hardcore experience. This entails imposing certain restrictions - NO SCRIPTED ACCIDENTS- on yourself. It is a very sophisticated ruleset. Also...If you are spotted in area by the guards..where they get a good look at you...that area is OFF LIMITS when in any other disguise. IRL is not the best way to get SA rating...it is far more realistic and demanding)

..and was constantly limited by 47's inability to do even the most basic of things. I couldn't climb over a little piece of fence, couldn't hang and shimmy on a ledge to get to a restricted zone, my CQC abilities were limited, the AI was dense as **** and the gunplay was so sucky that it was impossible to play it in an aggressive manner and enjoy it...plus I hated doing the FiberWire dance.

Absolution adds elements like higher agility, a better takedown system, sharper more believable AI and MORE approaches in terms of a classic stealth playthrough. So I wish everyone would gain a couple of IQ points...and realise the depth and the increase of playthrough options we will get with the new 47....a more capable and dangerous 47 that ALLOWS us to fully plan and execute our kills and NOT limit us due to in-game restrictions

Freedom of choice people....Absolution has it in droves. I can now complete IRL playthroughs using sneaking and disguises, others can have fun engaging in gunfights, whereas the 'Old School' player can continue about their old ways.

Barez
31st Dec 2011, 13:10
@Psychonite

Well, hello Psycho

1. 'Cover system for n00bs'...and I bet you think automatic transmission is for 'noob drivers' as well.
A cover system makes the act of hiding behind cover a visually appealing one (an animation where 47 looks like he is leaning against a wall, lowering his profile is FAR more immersive than simply squatting down staring at the table) It affords the player precision that is otherwise unavailable thanks to the virtual existence of his avatar.

2. Conviction (as I have proved in the SCC forums..several times) is a more tactical AND strategic (than its predecessors) game owing to the "HORRIBLE" gameplay it has. Hitman can ONLY benefit in terms of depth and options if an aggro-stealth option is made viable to the game

3. Hollywood: Pretty sure your experience of hollywood has been confined to B-grade action movies...because the Hollywood I know has some of the best action sequences and stories in ANY entertainment media.

4. Voicework: Really? A hardcore fan will turn down absolution because Bateson is absent? Then that hardcore fan is an idiot IMO. Honestly, 47 is the LEAST defined video game characters...he has Minimal dialogue, no motivations, no window into his head apart form a few tiny hints here and there...47's character has been left mostly to the payers imagination (something that I like BTW) so how does Bateson's absence in anyway breach 47 as a character?

Sorry, If 47's portrayal hinges on his voice for you...then I think it is fair to say that you are devoid of ANY imagination.

I for one am glad that Hitman is adopting features and mechanics which actually help add depth to the gameplay. Here is an example of what I mean:

(an IRL playthrough is one where you play the game as if you are the character 'IN REAL LIFE' and play the game with real life constrains-imaginary-so as to attain a super immersive and hardcore experience. This entails imposing certain restrictions - NO SCRIPTED ACCIDENTS- on yourself. It is a very sophisticated ruleset. Also...If you are spotted in area by the guards..where they get a good look at you...that area is OFF LIMITS when in any other disguise. IRL is not the best way to get SA rating...it is far more realistic and demanding)

..and was constantly limited by 47's inability to do even the most basic of things. I couldn't climb over a little piece of fence, couldn't hang and shimmy on a ledge to get to a restricted zone, my CQC abilities were limited, the AI was dense as **** and the gunplay was so sucky that it was impossible to play it in an aggressive manner and enjoy it...plus I hated doing the FiberWire dance.

Absolution adds elements like higher agility, a better takedown system, sharper more believable AI and MORE approaches in terms of a classic stealth playthrough. So I wish everyone would gain a couple of IQ points...and realise the depth and the increase of playthrough options we will get with the new 47....a more capable and dangerous 47 that ALLOWS us to fully plan and execute our kills and NOT limit us due to in-game restrictions

Freedom of choice people....Absolution has it in droves. I can now complete IRL playthroughs using sneaking and disguises, others can have fun engaging in gunfights, whereas the 'Old School' player can continue about their old ways.

Finally someone who understands it, thank you alot for this comment shobhit!

please take time to read this comment, it's all true! good job ;)

fert
31st Dec 2011, 13:28
@Psychonite

Well, hello Psycho

yes :thumb:Freedom of choice people, your right but you know,in first part of "run for your life" you can't go another ways and its like cv :(

Barez
31st Dec 2011, 13:33
in the 'Run For Your Life' you can absolute take other routes, u can even avoid the heli scene, but in the demo they made that route to show us new features in the game. I believe there will be even more ways to complete missions or in this case t escape places :thumb:

fert
31st Dec 2011, 13:51
in the 'Run For Your Life' you can absolute take other routes, u can even avoid the heli scene, but in the demo they made that route to show us new features in the game. I believe there will be even more ways to complete missions or in this case t escape places :thumb:

however we cant choose another way before the heli scene,even after wearing and heli we Ought to be in cover sometimes,its seems like Clothing is not Serviceable any more,but general look of "run for your life" is good. ;)

mcescher1
4th Jan 2012, 05:54
Sooo is 'IRL' mode in Absolution??

what i got from your 'IRL' description is that its a super difficult and very realistic game mode... does this sound right??

'cause if it is that would be awesome...

Travis_IO
4th Jan 2012, 12:02
To be absolutely clear about the RFYL playthrough:

We built the demo in a very specific way to let us show off different things. The final version has been altered to allow for an even more varied playthrough.

shobhit777777
6th Jan 2012, 08:59
Sooo is 'IRL' mode in Absolution??

what i got from your 'IRL' description is that its a super difficult and very realistic game mode... does this sound right??

'cause if it is that would be awesome...

An 'IRL' mode is my own personal way of playing stealth games. It imposes real-world restrictions and parameters on the missions. Basically if the game was really happening, if you were actually 47 on a hit...what would you do.

So you need to take into account things that dot matter in-game but woulde definitely affect you if it was 'real life'

Eg: In Hitman BM, the Opera house hit, The senator is guarded by Secret Service agents, these guys are really good at reading people and remembering faces...they are pros. They would certainly notice a guy like 47 and definitely remember his face and silhouette (It helps that 47 is an easily recognisable guy)

So this imposes a restriction on me:

If I am seen by the agents (when in close proximity and when they look at you suspiciously) or I feel that an agent would have noticed me I CANNOT re-appear in their sights in a disguise.

See they would have certainly bookmarked my face....and if I saunter about in my black suit one moment and in the next I'm walking about dolled up as a construction worker.....I'm definitely going to be picked up for "questioning". They now have agents as eyewitnesses, a nice sketch of my mug and an accurate height and build description...So even if I do successfully carry out the hit...I'll be tagged by INTERPOL or somesuch for investigation.

Its little things like this that make an IRL playthrough really fun and highly immersive (not to mention tough)

Another thing....the 'Silent Assassin' rating parameters is complete BS. That is not how you would play IRL. The accidents are TOO scripted and too convenient.

The objective is to remain super-stealthy while maintaining believability. Whenever playing you need to ask yourself "Would this happen IRL?" "How would I actually do it?"

Imagination, the best simulation device ever.

Travis_IO
6th Jan 2012, 09:24
An 'IRL' mode is my own personal way of playing stealth games. It imposes real-world restrictions and parameters on the missions. Basically if the game was really happening, if you were actually 47 on a hit...what would you do...

...Imagination, the best simulation device ever.

I've never heard of a name for this style of playing but it's definitely something that I've done in loads of games - it really extends the life of them as a whole and missions / levels themselves last much longer.

shobhit777777
6th Jan 2012, 11:21
I've never heard of a name for this style of playing but it's definitely something that I've done in loads of games - it really extends the life of them as a whole and missions / levels themselves last much longer.

the term is TMS7 ;)

I agree, it really adds a LOT of replayability.

Some games that make for amazing IRL playthroughs:

1. Splinter Cell Conviction and Chaos Theory (mainly thanks to the better AI)
2. Deus Ex: HR (******* brilliant-the gameplay in this)
3. Assassin's Creed (Especially the first one....amazing experience to properly stealth in this series...hampered by brain dead AI though)
4. Hitman BM and Contracts (didn't enjoy SA much....and C47 was...iffy on the AI part)
5. Death to Spies- The MOST hardcore of them all...the whole game itself is an IRL one....almost a Sim. Lacks the polish but is a damn fun game...kinda like Blood Money on crack in terms of realism.

IRL is basically Role playing in Stealth games with imaginary parameters.

hahahama
6th Jan 2012, 15:46
The story is just there to make it more interesting, like a movie, the levels would still be kill/collect/rescue/escape X, Y and Z, in any way you can.

Baalerith
7th Jan 2012, 04:36

> hardcore fanbase won't buy the best Hitman game because of his voice even after a 4 years delay

Certainly.

Btw, I like his voice. It's much more "HEY WAZUP I R A PSYCHOPATH".

Haters gonna hate.