PDA

View Full Version : IMO, Map screen has to be in the game!

Rutto5
24th Dec 2011, 19:08
I think that they should NOT remove the option of using the map screen. It's such an important part of the game, and I think removing that would not be any good. Do you agree?

Shadow47
25th Dec 2011, 04:47
Not really. Due to the great amount of detail that's going into the game environments/levels, they want the players to be more involved with them.

With the map being so "important" in previous games was an issue. People were using the map too much.

It was at the point where people were just playing the game with the map and didn't really pay any attention to the environment/level.

With the detail behind this game they don't want players always focusing on the map. They want them to play without the map. This will make players see the game from a better and possibly new perspective. It will let you see the levels and most of this game much better than from a map.

Rutto5
25th Dec 2011, 13:57
Yea, you got a point there.. But I think there could be an option to have the map, which you could also switch off if you want.. For me the map is just so important part of the style of the Hitman games. You can see the different parts of the map and where your target is moving. I just think that is one of the coolest parts of Hitman. All I can do is to ask the producers to have that option in the game.

Barez
26th Dec 2011, 12:46
Yea, you got a point there.. But I think there could be an option to have the map, which you could also switch off if you want.. For me the map is just so important part of the style of the Hitman games. You can see the different parts of the map and where your target is moving. I just think that is one of the coolest parts of Hitman. All I can do is to ask the producers to have that option in the game.

No map means alot more fun to me. Now, as you can't hunt your target via the map, u will have to focus more on the dialogues and the details..

For exemple;

Your target is that fat police chief and you don't see him, hes gone.. now Fizano says; u know i'm happy he is outside to smoke one..i got a minute of rest! Then you know where to search him ;)

Or like, a cop who asks very loud; He! Fizano, Do u know where the chief is ? Fizano: Euuhhh.. I talked to him a minute ago and now hes outside, why ?

That means you need to focus more on the details and or diaglogues.. that sort of things will be more in the game, thats why they removed the map, to be more allert..

Like this would be great fun!

Rutto5
26th Dec 2011, 17:08
No map means alot more fun to me. Now, as you can't hunt your target via the map, u will have to focus more on the dialogues and the details..

For exemple;

Your target is that fat police chief and you don't see him, hes gone.. now Fizano says; u know i'm happy he is outside to smoke one..i got a minute of rest! Then you know where to search him ;)

Or like, a cop who asks very loud; He! Fizano, Do u know where the chief is ? Fizano: Euuhhh.. I talked to him a minute ago and now hes outside, why ?

That means you need to focus more on the details and or diaglogues.. that sort of things will be more in the game, thats why they removed the map, to be more allert..

Like this would be great fun!
Ok, thats true but even some kind of map would be great, even if you couldn't see where people are walking from it. You could plan which way you go and everything with the map. It is just so useful!