PDA

View Full Version : All you need is a 10mm silenced pistol ....

Goodfeller
22nd Dec 2011, 11:25
... with a laser sight. That's all. Aim for the head and down they go.

I have several other weapons in my backpack but I've hardly used any of them in the game so far, except for the one time I used the rocket launcher to kill Barrett. I've got the shotgun, assault rifle, sniper rifle, machine pistol, grenades, mines, tranquiliser gun, stun gun and the peps weapon, and all I've been doing so far is accumulating ammo for them because I haven't found any need to use these weapons at all. Whenever you find yourself cornered with several guys shooting at you, you're dead. As simple as that. None of the other weapons are gonna save your a$$ at that point.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is with the exception of the rocket launcher, one weapon is good as the next as far as I can see. If anything, the simple 10mm, in this context, appears to be far superior to the shotgun, and is probably just as effective at long distance killing as the sniper rifle.

I'm not sure what to make of this.

Pinky_Powers
22nd Dec 2011, 11:40
Actually, the laser sight it more annoying than helpful. It's the armor-piercing and damage upgrades that matter most.

But you're right; a suppressed Zenith is all you need.

sonicsidewinder
22nd Dec 2011, 11:47
crap init.

xaduha
22nd Dec 2011, 12:26
On the other hand headshots with silent weapons like Stun gun and tranq rifle amount 40 XP
Single takedown is 50 XP

sadmachine
22nd Dec 2011, 13:12
Ayup. Second time through all I used was the 10mm, a few EMP grenades, and Mr. Stunny. Haven't even tried a shotgun.

Kamikave
22nd Dec 2011, 19:26
Well, depends on the player's mood I guess. Though the pistol is all you might need, it's nowhere near as fun as a good double shotgun blast in the chest of whoever is bothering you. I like the shotgun for that... Except against the heavies lol... Useless, but so is the pistol (1 headshot is not enough).
Point is, just play with the weapon you like. The pistol makes thing too easy, I don't use it anymore lol

Shralla
22nd Dec 2011, 20:03
Actually, the laser sight it more annoying than helpful.

What? It prevents the need from ever having to use iron sights ever, and gives you a 100% accurate readout of the maximum range of your weapon. How is that even a little bit annoying?

Pinky_Powers
23rd Dec 2011, 00:32
What? It prevents the need from ever having to use iron sights ever, and gives you a 100% accurate readout of the maximum range of your weapon. How is that even a little bit annoying?

Completely unnecessary things, and at the expense of having an ugly red beam shooting out of your gun at all times.

Bringing up the cross-hairs and leveling them over my target is more immersive for me. I actually enjoy it; makes everything seem more real.

Senka
23rd Dec 2011, 00:34
Lasers are real. But you can just use the iron sights if you want, they work just as well.

Pinky_Powers
23rd Dec 2011, 00:55
Lasers are real.

Of course they are. But they're also awkward, ugly and un-stealthy. And for me, at least, they take away too much of the joy of the weapons.

Romeo
23rd Dec 2011, 03:57
There's already a thread about both weapons, and specifically even one about how the 10mm is over-powered. Bring the discussion to one of those two.

LOCKDOWN