PDA

View Full Version : SPOILERS: Darrow and Panchaea

Malovane
13th Dec 2011, 21:30
Couple questions about the true purpose of the Panchaea Arctic installation:

- Was it truly built by Darrow to mitigate Global Warming via iron seeding of plankton, or was that just a ploy to build some sort of transmission station capable of global broadcasting of the signal?

- How come the signal transmitted by Darrow at the press conference did not affect Malik or Pritchard, who both verbally confirmed they have augments?

IdiotInAJeep
13th Dec 2011, 22:04
The only explanation I can think of is that when you are talking about getting the chip with Pritchard in Hong Kong, he says he might go get it later. I can only assume he never got the chip, preventing the signal from having an effect.

Zoet
13th Dec 2011, 22:57
1: There are 5 of them, as shown in a holographic map in The Missing Link, and thus I think they must at least have been able to theoretically perform their stated function, even if their more evil use was still a primary motivation for Darrow and the Illuminati. Perhaps they saw the need for 5 super-computers to control the installations was a perfect opportunity for them to set up 5 Hyron cores in strategic locations for their kill-switch plans (what the new biochips were initially intended for). I think that we might have just seen the beginning of what the Hyron project is capable of. That's what I think. Sounds like a question for the EM Tumblr.

2: I assume that anyone at Sarif, having discovered that TYM was neck-deep in the conspiracy would be more than a little hesitant to stick something made by them in their heads. Pritchard, when he mentioned it seemed suspicious and wanted to run extensive tests first, to see what the real problem was.

IdiotInAJeep
14th Dec 2011, 06:03
Well if the next DLC takes place in Australia as it's been hinted, we WILL find out more about the Hyron project and the purpose of Panchaea.

Malovane
14th Dec 2011, 17:39
Thanks for the answers!

One follow-up question: Was it Panchaea that was used to send the glitching signal to augmented people, which spurred them to get the Tai Yong replacements? IIRC the glitch affected all augmented people, regardless of chip manufacturer. How did they manage that and even need to bother with replacement (hidden kill-switch) chips?

Zoet
14th Dec 2011, 20:12
Thanks for the answers!

One follow-up question: Was it Panchaea that was used to send the glitching signal to augmented people, which spurred them to get the Tai Yong replacements? IIRC the glitch affected all augmented people, regardless of chip manufacturer. How did they manage that and even need to bother with replacement (hidden kill-switch) chips?

This is just a guess, because it is never explained (as far as I know), but It could quite possibly be coming from Panachaea. However, if it needed to be a shorter-range signal, or just a signal of a different kind, seeing as the existing chips weren't specifically built for receiving signals from Panchaea, they had the Picus infrastructure in place almost everywhere in the world. It seems like a brute-force attack, and who knows, there might be many ways to make augments glitch and possibly 'glitches' were the worst they could do. But perhaps most importantly, they could pick and choose select people who would not receive the new biochip, so that Illuminati conspirators and allies would always be unaffected. Because prior to the new biochip, even augmented illuminati like Zhao were probably affected.