PDA

View Full Version : VGA trailer analysis

rotax600
11th Dec 2011, 20:27
What do you guys think the trailer unveils about the story?

I was thinking that the girl's name is Victoria, indicated by the whisper at the end, and she is Diana's daughter because she is in the Rosewood Orphanage. At 20 seconds we can see a flashback to the first trailer when Diana is in the shower and it looks like she took a bullet to the heart. Maybe 47 shot her?? and Victoria escaped. I cant imagine 47 shooting Diana or even someone breaking in killing Diana and letting 47 go free. Anyways at 52 we can see someone who looks like the boss with tattoos on his knuckles spelled "WAGC". At the end Victoria is being carried out by the Boss but i cannot figure any possible reason for doing so, maybe money?

The ARG over at the hitmanforum has been giving us a lot of background info to the story, if you havent checked that out yet.

Nogarda
11th Dec 2011, 22:58
It's most likely the girl in the trailer has information on the person responsible for what looks like diana's death, and he needs to get to her and get what information she has, but I think from looking overall that 47 escaped whatever killed diana and they need to lure 47 out so keeping the girl alive is the only way for them to draw him out, but obviously if this is the case they will drop a false lead and create a trap for 47 to stumble into eventually. this seems like you are on the run from the law while simultaneously jason bourne style huntng down your targets.

the coin is quite humerous in relation to hitman taking the united states seal which translates to 'out of many, one' which i'm sure is refering to the fact 47 is one of 50 known clones to which he has personally dispatched.

The guy with white hair in the trailer is not the boss by any means but a definite target who will be eliminated.

An interesting potential possibility would be extracting the girl from a level ala 'Flatline' from blood money but I don't know where the story is going at that point, she could easily wind up dead as soon as she reveals the relevant information if she indeed even has any. But 47 isn't a bodyguard though it would be interesting to see if this goes Man of Fire on us at some point.

BigBoss
12th Dec 2011, 04:14
Just another game that feels like it needs a pointless "emotional connection" to make the story relevant, when there are many other ways that a game can make its plot interesting.

rotax600
12th Dec 2011, 04:54
I rewatched the ending for blood money and it reminded me why Diana poisoned 47. I forget exactly who was involved but I think the Franchise wanted 47 dead or SWAT was coming to kill 47. If Diana killed 47 she could have the opportunity to join the Franchise and live, so she killed him with the poison but ultimately revived him. So someone is trying to kill Diana and did and took her daughter to lure in 47 so they can kill him to. Dam this is almost exactly like conviction if im right. AHHH :mad2:

mcescher1
12th Dec 2011, 05:34
I think this trailer was super sweet.. the villains seem a bit more dangerous than what we are used to.. should make it fun ... its making me a bit anxious' tho... my guess is there will be a solid mix of gun fight and stealth... varying in the different levels of course..

can we get a release date already?!?!?! my skin is itching

MissBallBreaker
12th Dec 2011, 07:03
I think the trailer was horrible, to be frank. Couple Dianas death with the loss of David Bateson and the seeming focus on action and I'm seriously questioning whether or not I will bother with Absolution. I bought all the other games on release.

iNeedzHelp
12th Dec 2011, 09:48
I think the trailer was horrible, to be frank. Couple Dianas death with the loss of David Bateson and the seeming focus on action and I'm seriously questioning whether or not I will bother with Absolution. I bought all the other games on release.
But Splinter Cell conviction is so awesome.. why wouldn't Absolution be ? :lol: *Insert Sarcasm*
I agree, one thing is changing the gameplay to a regular action game, but changing the whole set of characters and dumping all the great people from the previous game is another thing entirely.

Nogarda
12th Dec 2011, 11:39
can we get a release date already?!?!?! my skin is itching

I don't think we can ask that yet, but i think a target quarter would be nice. it's obviously looking like a late summer to mid november time frame. But you can bet your boots the closer it gets to the next CoD window the worse sales will do in its shadow. Hitman would so benefit from a repeat of the Deus Ex window at the end of august as its the end of the summer game drought every year.

EricFong
12th Dec 2011, 12:52
47 killed Diana himself, then her dying wish is help her relative.

mcescher1
13th Dec 2011, 01:33
noo way.. that long?!

it seems to me they will be ready for a release end of 1st / beginning of 2nd quarter...

February/March

with pre-orders in late january/early feb

the hype is getting pretty big i don't see IO waiting a whole 'nother year

this whole bateson thing i don't this is such a big deal.. i think they can find someone who's voice is similar

i would be dissapointed if the game was more shoot'n'go but i don't see that happening... maybe a little but i'm sure they will balance it out with the 47 everyone knows and loves

the idea that you could shoot 2 people at the same time with dualies is AMAZING... that would be a very difficult thing to do in real life... (some of the time ex: when reacting quickly/ not having enough time to 'line em up' depending on location of enemies) and i would imagine very hard to program (well)...

my guess is 47 attempts to save diana in a 'trap' setting... discovering new boss villians and a great use for 'night vision' BOOM... or heat vision... im stumped on victoria .. clone baby??

i saw some pretty sweet weapons... and gas masks!?!

im ready

nonprofitkilla
14th Dec 2011, 22:53
I do agree that shooting 2 people at once would be pretty good. Plus it would be helpful in a firefight, or just taking out 2 guards at once.

Nogarda
15th Dec 2011, 13:34
noo way.. that long?!

it seems to me they will be ready for a release end of 1st / beginning of 2nd quarter...

February/March

with pre-orders in late january/early feb

the hype is getting pretty big i don't see IO waiting a whole 'nother year
im ready

Well from my long experience of game releases if it was coming that early the latest trailer would have had a month on it at the end. Previously the game was only shown privately at e3 rather than a big on stage demo.

The game will be ready for showing at E3 and it's possible a release will come before that but I consider it doubtful as the gaming world has its eyes focused on that one event and the media will spread the news like the worker bees they are.

And when it comes to dev cycles you maybe aware of duke nukem forever, or more recently Alan Wake both of which had early announcements and suffered for it. Hitman won't fall into that category due to its design structure and when a game is nearing completion you can expect a plethora of screens, teaser trailers, more interviews and promotional images, along with advertisement posters somewhere in the world.

I would be grateful to find out they are out of alpha and on to beta at this point at best.

mcescher1
15th Dec 2011, 17:15
good info nogarda... you seem like you have a little experience with these things... with respect, i hope your wrong... ;)

im sure you're just as excited as i am to get to play this game...

however, i don't want them to rush the game just to get it out... and wouldn't want the game to suffer... i will wait... but im super impatient... if my head explodes before the release.... don't say i didn't warn you ... jkjkjkjk