PDA

View Full Version : Eidos, the VGA trailer is NOT Hitman...

sigrun
11th Dec 2011, 12:30
I really want to stay positive about how this game will turn out; That it will stay true to what people want when they play a Hitman game. In fact I am almost certain this game will be fantastic.

But Eidos, this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ZGE4mBTrY&hd=1

...is not Hitman. That trailer is generic, clichéd, uninspired, dull. It does not demonstrate the typical style and tone that I expect from the Hitman franchise.

The developer walk through showed promise. But it didn't show a Hitman game that I wanted to see. I am worried that this game will play it safe, and is going to consist of too much Hollywood hokum; this modern bombastic "cool".

Hitman should be more than that.

Shadow47
11th Dec 2011, 15:50
I see this game as great. A lot of people have had concerns of the series going too far in the action direction.

It's already been said that stealth will definitely remain in the game along with action. It will be up to the player to choose when to take the action or stealth route.

There will also be intense difficulty for the players that like to challenge themselves. The "Silent Assassin" rating system will be there too. In order for that to work stealth is needed.

SonOfSparda
11th Dec 2011, 16:33
I noticed, that Mass murder from VGA trailer is not actually 47 at all.

You all saw "Run for your life" gameplay right? So you did notice 47's famous code on his head, it was untouched, its still our loved anti-hero. Now go watch VGA trailer... pay attention at 0:57 and 1:05. I can not tell you what it is (it looks like scar or covered hole with something), but its not that code we've seen in previous Hitman games.

My theory is that the one who killed Diana IS NOT 47, but clone... upgraded clone, someone is trying to lure 47 into a trap. Clones are doing his job, not stealthy without evidence, so every agency will hunt him down. In 1st teaser trailer, it was clone too, thats why Diana was suprised, because she saw familiar face.

Coin in the beginning of VGA trailer is probably mark of someone else.

rotax600
11th Dec 2011, 17:29
this is depressing. from the trailer it seems that this game is gonna be about over dramatic relationships for 47 and not money and fulfilling contracts.

shobhit777777
11th Dec 2011, 18:09
I really want to stay positive about how this game will turn out; That it will stay true to what people want when they play a Hitman game. In fact I am almost certain this game will be fantastic.

But Eidos, this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ZGE4mBTrY&hd=1

...is not Hitman. That trailer is generic, clichéd, uninspired, dull. It does not demonstrate the typical style and tone that I expect from the Hitman franchise.

The developer walk through showed promise. But it didn't show a Hitman game that I wanted to see. I am worried that this game will play it safe, and is going to consist of too much Hollywood hokum; this modern bombastic "cool".

Hitman should be more than that.

What?

It's 47 at his best.

Check out the trailer carefully....47 first dupes the would be Assassins, takes the loners out silently, and then proceeds-in true Hitman Badass fashion- to take out the rest with his signature silenced ballers

47 is fast, precise and brutal in the trailer...not to mention cunning.

There's a solid predatory cunning to him in the trailers. As the elevator descends...the lights go out...and 47 quickly and efficiently puts lead in the mooks.

1. Tactical Cunning - Check
2. Stealth - Check
3. Precision - Check
4. Swift, cold application of violence - ****in Check!!
5. Brutality - Check to the power Jesus!!

BTW is anyone intrigued by the possibility that the game may allow us to individually aim each Baller and target different NPCs at the same time?

BigBoss
11th Dec 2011, 19:42
Dual wielding pistols and killing everyone john woo style isn't really what comes to mind when I think of hitman. I'm really praying that this game does not play as fast paced as that trailer.

Still think this one is the best out of all of them
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5YNa7loMkg
And I understand they need to be as action packed as possible these days for bigger audiences, but if they can't give us even a single video of traditional hitman game play, I'm starting to get a little worried...

Nogarda
11th Dec 2011, 20:11
That trailer was epic, and nobody can deny the conclusion was all Agent 47. Everyone complaining needs to rewatch previous hitman game trailers they are all heavy handed overkills with the silverballers.

I know as a player it is all very well nice and good seeing a full stealth trailer. But if you want to sell those extra copies or lure in new fans just having Hitman walk in and kill 4 people without so much as blinking in a slo-mo 4 seconds makes him more badass and appealing.

The glacier 2 engine looks beyond fantastic. and I hope we can get a few sequels spun out in shorter spaces of time after absolution 6 years between games is just too much, it really is.

I think we will have to wait until E3 at the earliest before we see anything close to a Silent Assassin playthrough demo'd. However it seems IO will really need to release a full on Silent Assassin playthrough of a single level to appease a good few of you, though personally I don't need IO to do that because I will be doing it myself on whatever the equivalent of professional is this time around soon enough.

Also I think the ending should have been more like 'The Original Assassin is back' in the flashes but I just assume 47 killed everyone so fast there was no time for it lmao.

BeardedHoplite
11th Dec 2011, 20:44
Hitman-y or not, there is no denying IO can cut a fine trailer.
Although I did notice something that disturbed me: the weapons. I mean, besides 47's Ballers, the guns looked abstracted, and that is dissapointing to me.

Also, maybe the scar on 47's head was from him cutting the barcode off. Probably not a bad idea to cut off his most identifiable trait.

Shadow47
11th Dec 2011, 22:15
This is Hitman at its best.If anyone thinks this isn't Hitman you need to watch some of the interviews with the developers.

The developers talked quite often about the use of BOTH action and stealth in this game. It will be the player's option on when to use that action or stealth.

The concept of choice remains. Being a stealth assassin remains. Things like that are significant to the entire series. They were in previous games and will be kept.

Certain things from previous games will be kept, but there will be new introductions to the game and improvements. This game is perfection.

xAcerbusx
11th Dec 2011, 22:59
The trailer doesn't really tell us anything about gameplay.
Sadly, like a lot of the game's media so far, it's all style and no form.

We just want to see gameplay that doesn't look like Splinter Cell: Conviction. That's all.
This shouldn't be a special order. Show us some gameplay that looks like Hitman.

...and Shadow47... I don't know how you can be calling this game 'perfection' when it hasn't even been released. That's like sitting down at a restaurant, 20 minutes before your food arrives and saying 'Well, that was delicious'.

Nogarda
11th Dec 2011, 23:04
@Shadow47 they would have to keep very simalar controls to blood money for 'perfection' as they felt fluid and made sense the face buttons may or may not be different but so long as Left trigger is still crouch and right trigger is fire/use equipped weapon/item the rest is easy.

sigrun
12th Dec 2011, 00:01
What?

It's 47 at his best.

Check out the trailer carefully....47 first dupes the would be Assassins, takes the loners out silently, and then proceeds-in true Hitman Badass fashion- to take out the rest with his signature silenced ballers

47 is fast, precise and brutal in the trailer...not to mention cunning.

That kind of "badass" stuff just doesn't cut it with me. It generally ends up looking very dumb. And the trailer clearly adapts this, now all too common, ideal of an efficient super combatant using ridiculous methods of engagement coming out without a scratch. I mean come on, 47 is supposed to be a patient cold calculating assassin. Not Batman with a gun. I just hope this isn't Equilibrium: The Game.

Still think this one is the best out of all of them
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5YNa7loMkg

Now that's Hitman!

That trailer was epic, and nobody can deny the conclusion was all Agent 47. Everyone complaining needs to rewatch previous hitman game trailers they are all heavy handed overkills with the silverballers.

I didn't think it was "epic"(though that word has become all but meaningless now), I was pretty unimpressed with the trailer. It was far to action anti-hero. And I can't recall any other Hitman game trailers being like that.

I know as a player it is all very well nice and good seeing a full stealth trailer. But if you want to sell those extra copies or lure in new fans just having Hitman walk in and kill 4 people without so much as blinking in a slo-mo 4 seconds makes him more badass and appealing.

meh... I don't know if that's quite as true as one might assume. I think alot of people just toe the line and are more than satisfied with this popular "badass" style of fight choreography.

I am keen to see more of this game though. I am sure it'll be great. I just hope it's a proper Hitman game.

shobhit777777
12th Dec 2011, 15:04
That kind of "badass" stuff just doesn't cut it with me. It generally ends up looking very dumb. And the trailer clearly adapts this, now all too common, ideal of an efficient super combatant using ridiculous methods of engagement coming out without a scratch. I mean come on, 47 is supposed to be a patient cold calculating assassin. Not Batman with a gun. I just hope this isn't Equilibrium: The Game.

Super Combatant?
Honestly do people even notice the subtleties in the trailer?

47 stealthily killed 3 guys and ambushed the rest, the dual wielding you dismiss as "Ridiculous" is actually the only realistic way (if any) to use them....engaging multiple targets at close range. 47 calmly walks into the engagement having the element of surprise and at THAT CLOSE range...ANYONE could've executed those guys.

"cold, calculating"

Well, he manages to ambush an entire team of mooks and wipes off another squad using the elevator as a distraction and the darkness as cover.

Sorry, but the trailer 47 is the ideal 47...how he should always be. Brutal, cunning, ruthless and fast.

As for the him surviving entire gunfights...have you even played the previous games?

In the first one he battles an entire army of clones..of himself.

47 is badass in the trailer NOT because he wiped out all the thugs..
its the WAY he did it.

It was all calculated, he KNEW where they were headed, he came in BEHIND them, he picked off the loners, and he ruthlessy and efficiently put down ANY opposition.
Later on he cuts the power and takes out the rest.
So yeah...he is a "cold, calculating, brutally efficient" assassin...more than ever before.

@BigBoss

Hitman's dual wielding stance is TM 47. This time we might actcually have a practical use for them in game....engaging seperate targets with each weapon.

As for realism, as I have mentioned above....given the engagement ranges, the element of surprise and 47's supreme skill with the guns....there is NO doubt in my mind that he could've have done it blindfolded.

@All

Please keep in mind that a trailer is supposed to generate excitement and get newer audiences interested. The trailer shows off a narrative exposition, some gunplay, stealth kills and the graphics...all in a beautifully directed, edited and rendered trailer.

The devs have re-assured you time and again that the old school gameplay is still present and has been Ramped up. This time they offer even more choices. So lets get off the doomsday speeches and for once take a holistic view at the mechanics of the new direction and realise what a great game Absolution can be.

BigBoss
12th Dec 2011, 19:52
^ it doesn't matter that he can do that, what I would like for them to show even just one trailer of him disguising himself, NOT BEING SPOTTED, and not killing anyone but that target.

I'm sorry, but "Hitman's dual wielding stance" is not TM 47. Exercising restraint, something that veeeery few game characters are even capable of, is TM 47.

Travis_IO
13th Dec 2011, 10:08
There's clearly a difference to what each of you consider TM 47 - which further amplifies that freedom of choice is crucial to Absolution - something that is paramount to the development of the game and you'll see more of that later down the line.

At the very least, you've coined a really cool term in "TM47"...

Nogarda
13th Dec 2011, 12:49
inb4 'David Bateson TM47' then. Storm's-a-brewin' XD

keeperr
13th Dec 2011, 15:22
This is not the hitman I knew, I played the first one, and silent assasin. the 2nd was best.
I am a silent assasin not a one man army.
He wasn't fast enough, the girl died. Yes I appreciate that will probably start the story, and i dont deny that was anything except flawless, however i've never walked between two guards and taken them both out without even a whisper from either one.
Like the last one the story went all hollywood, too much action, not enough stealthy sneaksy killing. In the end the whole world ends up on your back.
I did however watch the first mission run through, that looked awesome.

shobhit777777
13th Dec 2011, 15:52
There's clearly a difference to what each of you consider TM 47 - which further amplifies that freedom of choice is crucial to Absolution - something that is paramount to the development of the game and you'll see more of that later down the line.

Well played there Travis ;)

Oh and should I be expecting the Cheque for my coinage of the term anytime soon? :)

@BigBoss

I can see where you're coming from, I'd like to see a video of social stealth as well...a complete clean hit. But it would not make a nice viewing for the hundreds of potential buyers of the game.
I'm taking the trailer for what it is. A cool cinematic showing off 47's skills.

As for dual wielding, they are as 47 as the Bar-code tat on his head, for me at least. They've been in the promo art since SA and it really is a Hitman feeling....packing two customized .45s.

Shadow47
14th Dec 2011, 16:04
The .45 Ballers are 47's version of family.

Hitman_Absolution
14th Dec 2011, 18:37

Why did you have to show that Diana dies in the trailer? i mean thats a spoiler. Diana isnt just some lady she stays with you through all the Hitman games so its very shocking to find out this way:confused:

nonprofitkilla
14th Dec 2011, 22:41
Honestly I'm skeptical but if done right, it could be a really good game. Only thing I downright hate is no David Bateman anymore.

BTW what does TM47 mean?

Nogarda
15th Dec 2011, 13:59
^Trademark 47

nonprofitkilla
15th Dec 2011, 21:14
^thank you. But yeah this doesn't look totally like TM47

sigrun
16th Dec 2011, 00:34
@shobhit:

You make some fair points. I guess my real issue is with the style and direction of the trailer.

mattnexus
16th Dec 2011, 04:15
Personally I loved the trailer and am looking forward to playing this game heaps, I've played all the games and begun with silent assassin. I'm excited for the new direction!

mattnexus
16th Dec 2011, 04:31
This is Hitman at its best.If anyone thinks this isn't Hitman you need to watch some of the interviews with the developers.

The developers talked quite often about the use of BOTH action and stealth in this game. It will be the player's option on when to use that action or stealth.

The concept of choice remains. Being a stealth assassin remains. Things like that are significant to the entire series. They were in previous games and will be kept.

Certain things from previous games will be kept, but there will be new introductions to the game and improvements. This game is perfection.

I really agree with you. All of your points are true, the concept of choice is so important to the series and giving the player more abilities is amazing. The trailer is also in the style of newer game trailers, much more cinematic and designed to excite the audience. I loved the trailer and cannot wait to see more, maybe even a story trailer soon (HINT)

Also loved the words "The original assassin" I don't know if this was intended but it made me think of assassins creed instantly. And I'm a huge fan of that series preorded and played every single one to 100% sync. but I originally got into gaming through hitman and cannot wait to be 47 again!

Rutto5
24th Dec 2011, 19:44
I really hope that the style of Hitman is kept the same. And what I would also consider important, is that they put the map in the game.