PDA

View Full Version : DLC?

BrutalGblack
3rd Dec 2011, 21:23
Hey, I was wondering does anyone know if they're going to have like Downloadable content for like new missions, weapons, costumes, anything to keep adding to this game? I think it would make them a lot of money if they made this game and had their story, and if they decided not to kill off 47 then build more levels, add more hits and different types of environment to the game. They can drag this game out for years and it wouldn't get old, at least to me and other dedicated fans. BUT! They should definitely bring back Bateson, he deserves to reprise his role as 47, I honestly cannot see anyother person trying to play "HIS" character. It's complete and utter bull****. Also, bring back the original score too, they always had me on the edge of my seat when I was being chased or something was going on in game. This game needs the original people. With that, I am done with my ranting! Who can answer my questions?

rotax600
3rd Dec 2011, 23:39
why are you so concerned about dlc when they took away all that defined hitman in the past games? we dont even know the release date or even the type of game play we are gonna get.

BrutalGblack
4th Dec 2011, 00:50
I am willing to give the game a chance. Who cares if the game doesn't meet my expectations, I bought Dead Island,Gears 3,NHL 12,Modern Warfare 3...All of which I had high expectations for, the only game that was great is NHL 12. I don't care cause I have the money to spend on it...

Nogarda
4th Dec 2011, 23:45
DLC has never been an IOI thing even the k&l stuff was weak multiplayer based only stuff. I think we'll be lucky to see even something as simple as the Requiem suit make an appearance as DLC.

7th Dec 2011, 20:34
If they make a DLC than it should be made after the game comes out but they shouldn't make you pay for something thats already on the disc.

Lionheat
9th Dec 2011, 17:02
If i were the in charge here is what I would do, realizing a good product needs a good profitable business model.

1. release the game with a solid story and plot, $60. Allow players to maximize the character with equipment and mods.
2. release a new mission or contract each week as DLC allowing continued development of character. Charge about $1 or $2.
3. Every 12 to 18 months release a new game with a solid story and plot, $60.
4. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Of course have on-line achievement rankings with emphasis on true "silent assassin" type efficiency. If they get a conservative 500,000 people committed to the game the way i would be they would generate $56 to $82 million per year. That should be enough to support the franchise and give us excellent content.

saraahmad
21st Feb 2012, 12:27
i would like to see DLC for this game. i really like the demo game so much and i hope there will DLC for the extra and better map.

Doctalen
11th Mar 2012, 22:12
I kinda would like to see real cheap extra missions/contracts. I don't agree on the yearly release. Let them have time to perfect sequels and not rush them out in a years time.

sgg847
12th Mar 2012, 09:03
Buying DLC is like investing money in an old project. Never ever!

Acid_Burn
12th Mar 2012, 11:48
Buying DLC is like investing money in an old project. Never ever!

Investing money in every 'old project' can make the development process of new games much faster, I believe. ;)

sgg847
12th Mar 2012, 16:01
Investing money in every 'old project' can make the development process of new games much faster, I believe. ;)
You place the sign of equality between buying old games and DLC. It is not correct. DLC does not appear from nowhere, the developers spend money and time on it, the time and money which could have been spent on another interesting project. However, there are bunch of kosher devs, who want money for activation already included features. They deserve only .....

branco18
12th Mar 2012, 20:55
My idea about DLC that would be for free - new assassination missions or old missions from H1,H2. ( ANATHEMA my favourite:) In new graphics:):lmao:

Agent_47@ICA
27th Mar 2012, 10:10
I think theres a good chance that we will see dlc for absolution, one of sqaure enix most recent releases was deus ex which had some decent dlc, to be honest this is the age of dlc now days its hard to buy a game that doesnt come out with dlc.

CoolDust
28th Mar 2012, 10:25
why are you so concerned about dlc when they took away all that defined hitman in the past games? we dont even know the release date or even the type of game play we are gonna get.

How do you know this from the few trailers we have seen? How about you wait until you actually play the game before making ridiculous assumptions. You said they took away everything that defined Hitman then said you dont know what type of gameplay we are going to get.. :scratch: Its a dam shame that they didn't use the original voice actors and even worse how the situation was handled.

You know the same people would be complaining if they kept everything the same as Blood Money, hell thats why Contracts got bashed so much. They have to mix the formula up sometime, they cant please everyone and maybe the series has changed for the worse but lets actually play the game first.

As for DLC, i hope so. But i want a proper expansion and not just things like costumes, guns etc. (The usual 100kb dlc milkage...) Best Missions from Silent Assaassin, Contracts and Blood Money recreated with Glacier 2 would be welcomed! Also on another note does anyone think that Absolution might come with Blood Money for PS3? (As a "PS2 Classic") They gave out Twisted Metal Black with the latest TM and it would be great to see with Hitman!

rotax600
28th Mar 2012, 23:12
[QUOTE=CoolDust;1737158]How do you know this from the few trailers we have seen? How about you wait until you actually play the game before making ridiculous assumptions. You said they took away everything that defined Hitman then said you dont know what type of gameplay we are going to get.. :scratch: Its a dam shame that they didn't use the original voice actors and even worse how the situation was handled.

You know the same people would be complaining if they kept everything the same as Blood Money, hell thats why Contracts got bashed so much. They have to mix the formula up sometime, they cant please everyone and maybe the series has changed for the worse but lets actually play the game first.

As for DLC, i hope so. But i want a proper expansion and not just things like costumes, guns etc. (The usual 100kb dlc milkage...) Best Missi

My assumptions are not ridiculous. When I said "took away everything that define hitman in the past" I meant that they took away the tradition and essence of the game. Eidos took away the voice actors, replaced saved games with checkpoints, added instinct which is going to indicate the path of an enemy by a line of fire on the ground with mysterious radio fuzz in the background, 47 has killed Diana, 47 puts a band aid over his tattoo...... cmon. We do not know what kind of gameplay we are going to get in general because all we have seen so far is run for your life which, I thought, was relatively linear. I thought Run for your life was kick ass but the linearity in that map would only properly suit the game if 47 was on the run.

I still do not understand why people are asking about DLC even when the release date hasnt been announced and especially when you dont know the gameplay when 47 is on a traditional mission while carrying out a hit.

If absolution ends up being like blood money with better AI with a more athletic and controllable 47, I will be very happy.

Also any comments made by anyone regarding unreleased information are reserved and only their opinion. One of the reasons Eidos releases these kind of trailers that make us question what the game is about is to get us talking.

shobhit777777
29th Mar 2012, 05:42
whats wrong with charging for DLC? You are not being forced to buy it...you are not missing out the core experience. The devs have spent time and effort into crafting a DLC pack and they have complete right to charge money for it...just as we have a right to NOT purchase it.

Self Entitled fans...just a notch below "Hardcore" fans.

shobhit777777
29th Mar 2012, 05:53
[QUOTE=CoolDust;1737158]
My assumptions are not ridiculous. When I said "took away everything that define hitman in the past" I meant that they took away the tradition and essence of the game. Eidos took away the voice actors, replaced saved games with checkpoints, added instinct which is going to indicate the path of an enemy by a line of fire on the ground with mysterious radio fuzz in the background, 47 has killed Diana, 47 puts a band aid over his tattoo...... cmon. We do not know what kind of gameplay we are going to get in general because all we have seen so far is run for your life which, I thought, was relatively linear. I thought Run for your life was kick ass but the linearity in that map would only properly suit the game if 47 was on the run.

Why would you think so when the Devs have been on record several times saying it will not be linear? Why this sudden lack of trust and skepticism towards IO, who have always delivered the Hitman Experience with every game?
Why would you think IO would be dumb enough to change the murder sandbox gameplay core to Hitman with the latest iteration..especially when games that encourage player freedom and open ended tactics are now a trend?

See, a game has to be financially viable. The Devs and the Suits (Despite of what people claim) are actually smart about the 'Uniqueness of an IP' and brand differentiaton. Hitman is about creative murder. They will NEVER lose sight of it if they want to make money. This is pure, 100% logic. A game will not get rid of a core theme or experience, it will make additions, tweaks, evolutions but never get rid of it.

So please don't worry about Hitman losing its soul. I will bet you my left nut ( I am extremely potent...you will have many children with my seed) that Absolution will have ALL of the Hitman gameplay....made even better with the new additions.

If you take a closer look at how the different mechanics, systems and ideas work TOGETHER in a game like hitman instead of judging them on their own..you might get an idea of how Awesome the game would be.
As fir RFYL....it was actualy pretty varied...but it was a video..a Video will ALWAYS be linear.

What if I should a video walkthrough of 'The Bjarkhov Bomb' from Contracts? If you were seeing it for the first time wont you call it linear as I, a seasoned pro, rush through the game knowing EXACTLY where to go?

OR

Would you take a close look at the level design, the AI, the gameplay mechanics, the player abilities and go "You know that ATC tower to the right? Maybe I could sneak in there..and maybe get a disguise from there to continue onwards"

I urge you to do the same with RFYL...a little imagination coupled with knowledge of the game's mechanics and the level will open up. ;)

MoneyMan
6th Apr 2012, 04:55
Yo??? You really are a pain in the ass, STOP MAKING BORING POSTS. You are not the genius or the idealist of the forum. You just repeat what was allready told like a parrot.
And a another thing?
Do the admins on hitmanforum knows of you talking to ur self? I mean your other account "nitro". You see. U don't give a **** of having the rep up on shobith account, but you really love the nitro one. U talk to ur self, u up vote ur nitro account, then wonder "why I was down voted? I took me so hard to auto raise up my rep",
There are people on that forum from 2004 that haven't got a +30 rep and then you come out of nowhere and making this long post whit what it was told and put there some ideas and everyone like what you say??? That is not possible my friend.
Some times u forget to log on a different PC so nitro and shobith has the same IP (sometimes) :)
When I down voted you 90 times and your reps was -40, in a mater of days it was + 25 :O :O :O INCREDIBLE NO?
Yes, of course whit the other account you made, but know what? I really don't need an account for down vote some one on hitmanforum :D want a demonstration?

MrAtmea
10th Apr 2012, 10:48
There will be DLC, found it on this site.

http://www.bol.com/nl/p/games/hitman-absolution-benelux-edition/1004004012222555/index.html

For those of you who don't want to learn Dutch to be able to read this, here's what it basically says:

It's the exclusive "Hitman: Absolution- Benelux Edition"

You can get the Agency Gun Pack DLC if you reserve now. It will only available in the Netherlands and Belgium and contains the exclusive right to Agency weapons with upgraded laserguidancesystems or silencers.

Agency SIG P226 Combat- a mordern pistol of top quality.
Agency UMP 45- a powerfull, high caliber machinegun.
Agency Spas 12- a brutal, semi automatic shotgun.