PDA

View Full Version : DX:HR was great! So...... Sequel?

imported_metal_dawn
3rd Dec 2011, 02:53
Hey, not sure if there has been any announcement on this front and I'm sure that the team is still in DLC creation mode, but has there been any word about a sequel or another game in the DX universe?

JC19
3rd Dec 2011, 03:13
I would love one, but I don't know how they could fit it in the timeline. Another "all endings are canon... except not really. JC merged with HELIOS but Area 51 blew up anyway" would be stupid.

itsonyourhead
3rd Dec 2011, 03:25
I would love one, but I don't know how they could fit it in the timeline. Another "all endings are canon... except not really. JC merged with HELIOS but Area 51 blew up anyway" would be stupid.

Hey, as far as I'm concerned. There is no canon.

Delex2002
3rd Dec 2011, 03:57
A game that bridges the gap between the ending of Human Revolution and the original Deus Ex with Paul Denton as the main character joining UNATCO and getting outfit with nano augmentations. Would be really interesting to see the DX:HR world ten/fifteen years after the ending of HR, seeing all the HR characters and how augs have flourished in that time, and to experience the collapse of that world as it transitions into Deus Ex's world.

JCpies
3rd Dec 2011, 10:40
I'm happy, I have faith in EM that they have learned from the good and not so good elements of Human Revolution and will be able to further improve their next games.

itsonyourhead
3rd Dec 2011, 14:41
I'm happy, I have faith in EM that they have learned from the good and not so good elements of Human Revolution and will be able to further improve their next games.

Unfortunately, what we define as "good" and "not so good" is often not the same as what the developers define as "good" and "not so good".

Solid_1723
3rd Dec 2011, 14:43

I have faith that this is what EM wants to do. I only hope that they're given enough time and freedom again to do so.

Ludogator
3rd Dec 2011, 14:48
A sequel would be great, but I believe, even if they will make something good, they will fail at something else (like no melee, splitting crossbow and transqualizer gun into two separate items)