PDA

View Full Version : Good old fashioned racism

28th Nov 2011, 19:05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yulMbQA2gvg
Well if you ever played hitman Blood money you would know that it has some of the best racism ever. Unlike Hollywood with for the most part is subtle and off in the background, Blood Money's racism is pure fresh and in your face. It is truly rare to find this type of quality racism anywhere nowadays, let alone in your games.
So I guess my question is will Hitman:Absolution be able to top that level of quality racism?

... Well I suppose will just have to wait and see ;)

BigBoss
28th Nov 2011, 19:48
I bet you're one of those people who got upset that in Resident Evil 5, a white male was in Africa shooting black people, but failed to say anything when RE4 came out with a white male shooting Spaniards.

chip5541
28th Nov 2011, 20:42
There is a difference between racism and stereotypes.

shobhit777777
29th Nov 2011, 17:07

Quoted for truth.

Racism is overt hostility towards people of a certain racial background, but may also extend to people of the same ethnicities and culture.

Please understand what exactly 'Racism' is before making idiotic claims.

29th Nov 2011, 19:57
I bet you're one of those people who got upset that in Resident Evil 5, a white male was in Africa shooting black people, but failed to say anything when RE4 came out with a white male shooting Spaniards.Nope Im not one them. I played Resident Evil 4, didn't even play Resident Evil 5.

Quoted for truth.

Racism is overt hostility towards people of a certain racial background, but may also extend to people of the same ethnicities and culture.

Please understand what exactly 'Racism' is before making idiotic claims.Whoa, "Idiotic claim"? Not even close, yeah there's a difference between racism and stereotypes but this is a deliberate perpetuation of negative stereotypes targeted at black people, Thats racist propagada right there. This is blatantly racist and its message is as clear as day. really if this isn't racism than what is?

BigBoss
29th Nov 2011, 20:32
Maybe if 47 stated a belief that inherent different traits in human racial groups justify discrimination, or used racial slurs? It's not like they were caricatures of blacks like from old roadshows or whatever, they were portrayed in a ghetto environment and speak as people do in that kind of area(regardless of race, poverty doesn't discriminate). If you notice, there are whites in there as well. It should also be noted that 47 doesn't exclusively kill a particular ethnicity, nor are any of the levels exclusively one race either (although it has happened in the past, contracts had a level in a biker gang/white supremacist hideout, but that probably hurts your case)

Now get off your high horse or go take your preaching somewhere else, your argument is ridiculous.

rotax600
29th Nov 2011, 21:21
Well if you ever played hitman Blood money you would know that it has some of the best racism ever. Unlike Hollywood with for the most part is subtle and off in the background, Blood Money's racism is pure fresh and in your face. It is truly rare to find this type of quality racism anywhere nowadays, let alone in your games.
So I guess my question is will Hitman:Absolution be able to top that level of quality racism?

I hope Absolution will pertain to the same 'racism' just to piss morons like you off. The majority of black people live in inner cities where drugs are way more prevalent than in rural areas. And drug dealers do not have a nice way with words or grammar. Drug dealers and gangsters have certain characteristics that are more prevalent than others. Is it racist at the end of the game that a Chinese man works in a Chinese store or is it racist that the Hispanics live in latin america. Its not racist to evaluate a certain culture that have facts and data gathered about it.

shobhit777777
3rd Dec 2011, 16:18
Nope Im not one them. I played Resident Evil 4, didn't even play Resident Evil 5.
Whoa, "Idiotic claim"? Not even close, yeah there's a difference between racism and stereotypes but this is a deliberate perpetuation of negative stereotypes targeted at black people, Thats racist propagada right there. This is blatantly racist and its message is as clear as day. really if this isn't racism than what is?

Why are you not smart? :confused:

It does not in anyway promote, endorse, depict or encourage racial hatred towards the Blacks.
The situation required black thugs and gangbangers....are you telling me that they don't speak in ebonics and use cuss words? It's an authentic representation.

I don't see people complaining when Mr. T was going around calling everyone a "Foo!" It's how a large proportion of the black community speaks...it's not a negative stereotype....it's simply how it is.

Nogarda
4th Dec 2011, 23:50
I bet you're one of those people who got upset that in Resident Evil 5, a white male was in Africa shooting black people, but failed to say anything when RE4 came out with a white male shooting Spaniards.

Yet never a whisper was made when it came to MW3's African levels XD to behonest it broke the minor realism of RE5 seeing a mass horde of white and black people in what felt like distinctly african villages early on. They might as well have thrown in an eskimo.

Platinumoxicity
5th Dec 2011, 09:28
Yet never a whisper was made when it came to MW3's African levels XD to behonest it broke the minor realism of RE5 seeing a mass horde of white and black people in what felt like distinctly african villages early on. They might as well have thrown in an eskimo.

Right. The reason why nobody does and nobody should rage over the black Sierra Leone insurgents and black Somalian soldiers is that people are black in those parts of the world. If there would be a random white people among them just to make it equal like we saw in Resident Evil 5 and Far Cry 2, imagine this: What if in S.T.A.L.K.E.R, which is set in a very caucasian Ukraine there would be a few token black guys to kill? Oh, it's not okay to have token black guys in a caucasian setting, but it's okay to have no token white guys in an african setting? What a disgusting double standard.

Any time a game developer, or a movie producer takes into account the possibility of racial sensitivity, that only shows one thing. The producers are racist themselves, because they are able to recognize things that are racially offensive, and are sort of putting themselves in the position of those whose motivations are race-related. If you do not care about racial sensitivity, it can only show that the thought of racially motivated violence never even entered your mind, and anyone who accuses you of that is actually the racist. If you really are not a racist, for you those are just people. Not white people going against black people.

And please, world. Could you please fix the issues of actual racially motivated violence before going after violence simulated in movies and games? Thank you.

5th Dec 2011, 22:07
There is a difference between racism and stereotypes.It seem your the only one that understood what we were talking about here. Its not racist just because it was simply a level in the game black drug dealers in it but because of that stereotype. "The dumb black guy" stereotype.
So whats the diference?

(although it has happened in the past, contracts had a level in a biker gang/white supremacist hideout, but that probably hurts your case)
Now get off your high horse or go take your preaching somewhere else, your argument is ridiculous.Its interesting that you would mention that level, I'll tell you about that level in Contracts and about Contracts. So Hitman:Contracts was my favorit hitman game because of the Dark style and the Art style in the cutscenes. In the last level of Hitman Contracts theres a random dead black guy in a room with rap music playing but it was in a different language so I couldn't understand what was being said. So I just keep on moving without even giving it a second thought beat the game love it and it was my favorit hitman.
Then I played hitman:BM and there Rap music play again but this time its in english and the only lyrics to this song is "mother ****er and the N word". No clever rhymes or metaphors just those two word. On the other hand at the biker level they never imply that those people were stupid and they even had a real music play, a Rock song.
It wasn't just little racist but it was blatantly racist!!

Platinumoxicity
6th Dec 2011, 01:13

...and you'd need to be extremely racist yourself to be able to get your feelings hurt by that. Because if you wouldn't be racist, you wouldn't even recognize the stereotypes. You'd just hear stupid music in the game and see stupid people in the game, instead of seeing "stupid ******s" that are portrayed as "stupid criminal ******s listening to stupid ****** music because they are black". People like you are just pathetic. You're so racist yourself that you want to see racially motivated intentional insults everywhere you look. And when you want to, you surely do. Even if nobody else does.

I did some digging around. I bet you haven't noticed that the only hispanic people in the game are cocaine gangsters, the only arabs in the game are terrorism supporters, sailors are gay, and a vatican embassador is involved in child prostitution. Enough stereotypes for you? I guess you missed all those because you just hate black people, and so you only notice black stereotypes. Maybe you should go visit a dangerous 3rd world country where your specific ethnic group is segregated, and you would know what "racism" really is. It's not words, it's not rejected job applications or funny stereotypes. It's more in the lines of... peeling the skin off the soles of your feet and leaving you in the desert, just because of the color of your skin or the shape of your eyes. Whatever you think you see in a game is nothing compared to the real thing.

rotax600
6th Dec 2011, 02:27
It seem your the only one that understood what we were talking about here. Its not racist just because it was simply a level in the game black drug dealers in it but because of that stereotype. "The dumb black guy" stereotype.
So whats the diference?
Its interesting that you would mention that level, I'll tell you about that level in Contracts and about Contracts. So Hitman:Contracts was my favorit hitman game because of the Dark style and the Art style in the cutscenes. In the last level of Hitman Contracts theres a random dead black guy in a room with rap music playing but it was in a different language so I couldn't understand what was being said. So I just keep on moving without even giving it a second thought beat the game love it and it was my favorit hitman.
Then I played hitman:BM and there Rap music play again but this time its in english and the only lyrics to this song is "mother ****er and the N word". No clever rhymes or metaphors just those two word. On the other hand at the biker level they never imply that those people were stupid and they even had a real music play, a Rock song.

im gonna have a brain aneurysm trying to understand your ridiculous logic.

Driber
6th Dec 2011, 18:51
Keep up the personal insults, guys. That's always a surefire way to get a thread closed...

chip5541
6th Dec 2011, 22:44
Beat me to the punch. :mad2:

BigBoss
7th Dec 2011, 03:26

Right. Because if you're going to make a level that takes place in a racist biker bar, there should be people of all colors there to represent equality... makes sense to me!

Nogarda
7th Dec 2011, 06:59
Right. The reason why nobody does and nobody should rage over the black Sierra Leone insurgents and black Somalian soldiers is that people are black in those parts of the world. If there would be a random white people among them just to make it equal like we saw in Resident Evil 5 and Far Cry 2, imagine this: What if in S.T.A.L.K.E.R, which is set in a very caucasian Ukraine there would be a few token black guys to kill? Oh, it's not okay to have token black guys in a caucasian setting, but it's okay to have no token white guys in an african setting? What a disgusting double standard.

Any time a game developer, or a movie producer takes into account the possibility of racial sensitivity, that only shows one thing. The producers are racist themselves, because they are able to recognize things that are racially offensive, and are sort of putting themselves in the position of those whose motivations are race-related. If you do not care about racial sensitivity, it can only show that the thought of racially motivated violence never even entered your mind, and anyone who accuses you of that is actually the racist. If you really are not a racist, for you those are just people. Not white people going against black people.

And please, world. Could you please fix the issues of actual racially motivated violence before going after violence simulated in movies and games? Thank you.

i'm aware its understatement of the month when I say you've missed my point. But That is the reason why I dislike resi 5 so much, it takes place in a area much the same and got blasted for it most commonly supported by N'gai Croal and some point down the line capcom caved to pressure what little there was of it. would have made sense if a few where zombie scientists. but then they are still refusing to make teens, children or babies zombies and while I'm sure this like dead space caters to the most adult band of the horror spectrum shutting out the teen demographic would just be a big dint in sales considering the amount of teenage fan girl there are out there swooning over the male protagonists and guys dribbling over the females.

I've never played stalker so I couldn't say, but skin tones means sweet fa to me personally anyway, an idioits an idiot at the end of the day. So long as a game remains true to its source material and doesnt cave to ignorant parent syndrome ala EA's medal of honor it gets way more respect from me and to be honest i think the contraversy would boost sales.

BigBoss
7th Dec 2011, 07:30
I wish they would show us something new already so that the main topic around here wasn't an argument whether or not 47 is a racist.

Nogarda
7th Dec 2011, 16:14
Hitman isn't racist, he'll kill anyone. For a price of course.

But yeah I would have thought they would mash up a quick christmas themed tease or pics. I love how for the most part there is always a snow level in hitman games or out right christmas on one or two occasions.

Personally I can't wait to see the elegantly posed promo images/my wallpaper(s) until release.

7th Dec 2011, 20:27
...and you'd need to be extremely racist yourself to be able to get your feelings hurt by that. Because if you wouldn't be racist, you wouldn't even recognize the stereotypes. You'd just hear stupid music in the game and see stupid people in the game, instead of seeing "stupid ******s" that are portrayed as "stupid criminal ******s listening to stupid ****** music because they are black". People like you are just pathetic. You're so racist yourself that you want to see racially motivated intentional insults everywhere you look. And when you want to, you surely do. Even if nobody else does.

I did some digging around. I bet you haven't noticed that the only hispanic people in the game are cocaine gangsters, the only arabs in the game are terrorism supporters, sailors are gay, and a vatican embassador is involved in child prostitution. Enough stereotypes for you? I guess you missed all those because you just hate black people, and so you only notice black stereotypes. Maybe you should go visit a dangerous 3rd world country where your specific ethnic group is segregated, and you would know what "racism" really is. It's not words, it's not rejected job applications or funny stereotypes. It's more in the lines of... peeling the skin off the soles of your feet and leaving you in the desert, just because of the color of your skin or the shape of your eyes. Whatever you think you see in a game is nothing compared to the real thing.Thats just 3rd grade logic right there. Racism is real so there are ways of recognizing it but the idea that Im racist just because of seeing it is nonsense. If someone farts its going to stink pain and simple. Also I don't go around looking for this ****. this isn't even the kind of thing that you have to look for because its so obvious you'll have to be either blinde or ignorant to not see it, because the thing I mentioned are obvious and imposable to miss. In a way that good if you didn't see the racist stereotypes and just only saw dumb criminals but you didn't see it doesn't that its not there. Children are unaware of Devils that exist in the real world but that not you your just mad because my case and point was made and you know im right and you'll just sit there and play dumb saying "this isn't racist when you damn well know it was.
How you figure that I didn't notice those other stereotypes? I gave the most Racist example in that game. You did all that digging for what? To discredit my original point?

Right. Because if you're going to make a level that takes place in a racist biker bar, there should be people of all colors there to represent equality... makes sense to me!
I wish they would show us something new already so that the main topic around here wasn't an argument whether or not 47 is a racist.You seem to have misunderstood ever thing I said. I never said that 47 was racist and I never said that it was racist because a level has all Black or White people in it. It shouldn't be an argument about whether 47 is racist or not but its the way these people are being portrayed which is racist. Sorry if I didn't make that clear enough about that before.

BigBoss
7th Dec 2011, 23:11
Ok, why don't you flat out come out and say that you think the team behind the hitman series is racist so that you can get your ass kicked off this site? I'm tired of losing brain cells over this....

Driber
8th Dec 2011, 08:31
^ Thread closing in 3....

Travis_IO
9th Dec 2011, 09:22
I wish they would show us something new already so that the main topic around here wasn't an argument whether or not 47 is a racist.

So that you all have something to get your teeth into before the mods slam this thread shut, take a redirect here...

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=123761

Rhamka
12th Dec 2011, 00:37
I think the game in Blood money is not racist, they just played with the stereotypes, and that goes with everything, the mission of wine yard had audio in Spanish (and it is very authentic, Im latinamerican) even in the Till death do us apart, in the one of Theather u can really hear French in the radio, etc. It is not just the audio but the entire environment is realistic because they played nicely with the stereotypes so you can feel the difference between one mission and other around the world. I dont know if there will be missions around the world in the next game, though I expect same quality of realistic environment.

mattnexus
16th Dec 2011, 04:37
agreed

sgg847
3rd Apr 2012, 22:12

Of course, it will. Quite unnecessary to wait, we just need to use The Science of Deduction.

1. Who was chosen to play the doomed character?
2. Why is the green snake the main symbol of HA?
3. Why is Wade's image so similar to image of David Carradine?
4. Why did Keith Carradine be chosen to play Blake Dexter?
5. Why is cinematic experience key component of gameplay in HA?
6. Why does hitman wear a patch on the barcode?

All these indicate to the movie Kill Bill 2.

Since David Carradine has died, the person who can permit using his image is his brother Keith Carradine. The patch indicates to a black patch of Daryl Hannah's character in the movie Kill Bill 2. What is the cause of death her character in the movie? The poison of Black Mamba. So, the green snake is nothing else but political correctness. Who is Diana in this case? ... :D

Agent_47@ICA
4th Apr 2012, 05:53
I think 47's bald head speaks for it's self lol just kidding guys.

xwildxcardx
4th Apr 2012, 14:14
At it's core, the very concept of racism in any of the Hitman series is at best idiotic and at it's worst, just plain ignorant. To make a claim of racism, one must be able to prove that the actions of the character in question are based solely upon race or another specific factor. 47, is quite clearly, not motivated by any socio-economic or cultural bias. He is indiscriminate in the contracts he takes ( albeit linear when it comes to game play) He has taken out in game whites, latino, black, and even some of his "own kind", Albino.

Are there "racist" players, who go out of their way to eliminate all of a particular group of people in a given level. . . . I would hazard a guess that there are. But the story line of the games does not present any negative ism (racism, sexism) with the possible exception of anarchism with the blatant disrespect for the rule of law.

If you find the game is racist. . . . . don't play

sgg847
4th Apr 2012, 22:19
But the story line of the games does not present any negative ism

Only positive ism :gamer:

alecgood
11th Apr 2012, 05:00

... Well I suppose will just have to wait and see ;) You can't be serious...The Hitman Franchise wouldn't be here if it weren't for the way they make their games. Would not be fun without stereotyping and there would be no story behind his contracts. These guy are artists at their best. I am white and in that first mission the black guy calls 47 a "cracka". Do I take offense to that? No! Its a game. People get called "crackas" all the time in real life. I like to see realism in games. I'm a realist and thats what I'm all about. Black gangsters don't tend to say "good morning sir" alot in real life. So 47 was greeted with the word "cracka". If thats a problem for you then I would suggest you play games not rated MATURE. Perhaps a Barbie game would better suit you :lol:

alecgood
11th Apr 2012, 05:02
Cows are racist cuz their milk is white only

F4tal1ty
12th Apr 2012, 21:59
I think it is absolutly pointless to complain about racism in a game like Hitman.

The Game represents the pure Sin and Evil, thats part of the Entertainment.

Raising Murder and Violence to an Art, bloody Massacres, Prostitution, Drugs, Blackmailing, Cloning, Satanism, Child Abuse, Corruption, Gangsters, Terrorism.. you accept all these morally reprehensible things as a legetim part of the Game but racism not? Thats ridiculous.

Besides that, Hitman doesnt seem racistic to me at all. If the wonderfully worked out clichés and exaggerated stereotypes in Hitman, are racist to you thats not because Hitman invented these Stereotypes. It just makes the game feel more realistic, because stereotypes are part of your mind, even if you try to deny it.

I love murder, violence, abuse and all the morally reprehensible stuff in USK18 Games, thats why I play them. But there is a big difference between the expression of art and entertainment and values in real live.

Overdose
30th May 2012, 12:00
Honestly, I never got to understand why there was so much swearing in the first mission, and ironically, only by the black guys. Weird enough, lol.

sgg847
30th May 2012, 14:09
At the beginning they replaced white actress, now the black mamba at the head of the assassination squad. I would say that they love them.

xzx
7th Jun 2012, 02:50
They probably wanted grit and realism. If you pay attention, the 1st two missions deal with drugs. You can't tell me you totally ignore all the news. Money=blood, BLOOD MONEY!

Hitmanfan4life
8th Jun 2012, 13:14
im sorry icedog but your argument is completely stupid, dont you remember the other black people in the game on different missions that spoke normal?Lol you wouldn't, your one of those girls that heres one hint of prejudice towards black people, taken lightly or not and go ape ****. <<< http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyu2jAD6sdo

4s4sin96
14th Jun 2012, 12:02
Correct! :cool:

19th Jul 2012, 06:41
I think it is absolutly pointless to complain about racism in a game like Hitman.

The Game represents the pure Sin and Evil, thats part of the Entertainment.

Raising Murder and Violence to an Art, bloody Massacres, Prostitution, Drugs, Blackmailing, Cloning, Satanism, Child Abuse, Corruption, Gangsters, Terrorism.. you accept all these morally reprehensible things as a legetim part of the Game but racism not? Thats ridiculous.

Besides that, Hitman doesnt seem racistic to me at all. If the wonderfully worked out clichés and exaggerated stereotypes in Hitman, are racist to you thats not because Hitman invented these Stereotypes. It just makes the game feel more realistic, because stereotypes are part of your mind, even if you try to deny it.

I love murder, violence, abuse and all the morally reprehensible stuff in USK18 Games, thats why I play them. But there is a big difference between the expression of art and entertainment and values in real live.

It has nothing to do with the morality of the characters. Just about all the characters in this game are bad people. Its ok for them to be drug dealer and badguys. The problem is all the extra stuff they though in there: like the black guys have to be dumb, useless, and inferior to all the other gang factions.
Just about 90% of the people here replying to this topic didn't even read my post so Im going to put down the reasons why its racist one last time.
The reason why the scene in Hitman bloodmoney is racist:

1. The character itself is Blackface, racist stereotypes made by racist whites.

2. In hitman contracts theres a random dead black guy with fake rap music playing in the background.

3. The same thing happens in bloodmoney only now theres two black guys that get killed while doing crack by 47, and now you can hear the fake rap and its just random gibberish with the n word on repeat as the only words to the song perpetuating the aforementioned racist stereotype I was talking about.

4. Lastly 47 wasn't hired to kill those guys, but hes killing them for fun as just mere target practice. That 'training level' obviously just an excuse for 47 to kill a bunch of black guy.
On the next mission 47 goes after more drug dealers but this time its a normal mission and the npcs don't act retarded because their suposed to be more sophisticated criminals compared to the black criminals.
It pretty obvious that the person who wrote this intentionally singled out the black african american character.

im sorry icedog but your argument is completely stupid, dont you remember the other black people in the game on different missions that spoke normal?Lol you wouldn't, your one of those girls that heres one hint of prejudice towards black people, taken lightly or not and go ape ****. <<< http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyu2jAD6sdo Of course there wouldn't be any racism were no story is told lol, because their not even part of the story. Have I gone 'ape ****' lol crazy no. On the contrary went I pointed out this racism Heavy fanboyism set in and people got very offend and began to commits like this one.

sgg847
19th Jul 2012, 18:50
I hate 2 things - racists and ******s!

Scopeh
22nd Jul 2012, 14:13

I just read this and I was totally compelled to post.

First off, I just wanna start out by saying that the background I am from in my country is prone to prejudice, and stereotype - so massively racist or stereotypical jaunts stand out to me.

I personally only saw THREE racist comments in Blood Money - one was a black person calling a caucasian a "Cracker", then another black person calling a caucasian "white bread", and finally a south a african white supremecist (who is obviously cast as a racist character and a bad guy) - asking an asian belly dancer if she wants some "white meat".

I notice none of these points were made in your original post - despite the fact they were openly racist (not veiled racism as your complaining about), and therefore I believe you may be blind to racism towards any race other than black.

Racism is present in all races/cultures, but some people seem to think it only applies when it is aimed at black people. When its aimed at whites, asians or hispanics however it seems to be accepted for some strange reason.

I did however notice a LOT of Stereotyping - this is not racism, it does not promote hatred towards a group of people, or tension between two races or cultures. It is an exaggerated caricature of reality - a thetrical aid so that the audience instantly realtes to or understands the setting. A bit like making a film about the french and depicting them all wearing striped shirts, wearing beret's and onions around the neck. As these are things traditionally associated with the french there needs to be no explanation to the audience of where the setting is. We all know in reality that the french do not adorn themselves in such a way. Its similar to the Japanese Kabuki theater in which exaggerated masks with facial expressions are used to tell the audience what mood the character is in.

The stereotyping in Blood Money: In the first mission, The typical gangsta depiction of the enemies was so obviously not a representation of the black race - but a stereotypical representation of the "Gangsta culture' - which *is* predominantly black and was promoted heavilly in 90's pop culture by idols such as NWA, Tupac Shakur, and Snoop Dog. (incidentally the leader of the gangsta's in the mission you mention is called "Scoop" - an obvious parody of "Snoop" ).
In making these characters wear the exagerated gangsta style of clothing and bling, and giving them obvious gangsta behaviours exhibited in gang culture and related films - the audience knows the gang is a street crime gang - akin to the gangs of LA and New York without any further narrative to explain what is going on and who they are.

Throwing in the "token white gangsta" to even up the mix would have looked ridiculous in my opinion, blinged up to the max looking like "Vanilla Ice" - this would have been ridiculed for its lack of authenticity by people of all races.

You may note that in the same level, white enemies were present and were also stereotyped - but instead as weak, geek-like chemists working for scoop. But again this is something that you failed to recognise.

Another Stereotype I noticed which was more prevalent was aimed at the deep south of america, the thick deep south accents, and depiction of everyone being an inbred white hillbilly in trucker caps stood out as massively stereotypical to me, but again it has gone unnoticed by you.

I aint having a pop at you my friend, I am just trying to educate you. Be proud of your race, and who you are. But don't nit-pick at the slightest thing and try to find racism where there is none.

also In contracts - the dead guy from crack on a bed did not look black to me at all, in fact I played "Hunter and Hunted" less than a week ago and im sure the guy was white. Also the tune playing wasn't "Fake random gibberish RAP" - it was FRENCH - the mission was in PARIS so the rap was in french.

Your arguement about two black guys doing crack is also redundant. It is a CRACK LAB - don't be telling me that the people in a crack lab dont use thier own product? Does it matter if they are black? Should we have made them white? Should we have just made them green to spare everyones feelings - although the martians would probably come and moan that we are misrepresenting them?

People should go through life WITHOUT SEEING THE COLOR OF PEOPLE, for to bring up differences between your own race and anothers, and segregate your race as being different based on pigmentation - either as being superior or accusing another race of feeling superior to your own will always cause racist tensions.

Pigmentation is irrelevant, there is good and bad in all races... for the developers to purposely go out of thier way to ensure that bad characters are not of a certain race is small minded and racist itself, as it is giving preferential treatment to a group so that the devs don't have the racist card pulled on them - which would show that the color of people is important to them - and therefore they must harbor racist views.

Why can't people be individuals and be judged as such, instead of just sectioning themselves off by colour, nationality, or religion?