PDA

View Full Version : Maybe a little early: my thoughts on DE4

Harill
26th Nov 2011, 16:56
My idea is this:
It's ten years after the events in DE:HR. Sarif Industries has bought a company in Seattle called "Steele Technologies", moving all research and devolpment of military weapons there along with Jensen soon after.
(Sarif Industries still handles augmentation research)

With recent fighting breaking out in Europe and some of the weapons being stolen, Jensen is sent there to find the missing weapons and try to find the leak that made their theft possible. Finding one crate of ammo, Jensen follows clues that lead him to Russia.

(more to follow)

Ideas? good/bad?
Maybe a mod or expansion pack? Are mod tools available?

xaduha
26th Nov 2011, 17:38
Jensen's dead, Harill. Jensen's dead.

Harill
26th Nov 2011, 17:53
Jensen's dead, Harill. Jensen's dead.

In every ending? Then someone else will have to take his place.

Pinky_Powers
30th Nov 2011, 03:48
It's clear the protagonist will need to be some kind of noire-flavored talking lizard, to cope with the conspiratorial realities of the next chapter. Maybe a gila monster clad in combat-gear and trenchcoat and a wicked pair of cyberpunk shades to hide his terminally psychotic glare. It would be beyond foolish to even imagine such a creature without mechanically augmented dragon claws and a mean gait that practically shouts: "Step aside, yo! Not some queer iguana here, but one jive, rough-talkin' mofo!"

Romeo
30th Nov 2011, 04:16
It's clear the protagonist will need to be some kind of noire-flavored talking lizard, to cope with the conspiratorial realities of the next chapter. Maybe a gila monster clad in combat-gear and trenchcoat and a wicked pair of cyberpunk shades to hide his terminally psychotic glare. It would be beyond foolish to even imagine such a creature without mechanically augmented dragon claws and a mean gait that practically shouts: "Step aside, yo! Not some queer iguana here, but one jive, rough-talkin' mofo!"

McFlabbergasty
2nd Dec 2011, 18:37
I've always thought it would be neat to play through the MJ12-Illuminati Schism. Perhaps you are (one of?) the first M.I.B. or W.I.B. and you take part in missions for the conspirators without realizing it. Birth of UNATCO anyone?

Maybe you'll find out that your character's memories of his/her past life were fabricated as part of your physiopharmaceutical augmentation process.

And over the course of the game, the whole world goes deeper and deeper into the depressive state we see in DX1. Massive earthquakes, disease outbreaks, civil wars, NSF secession, you name it. All ultimately engineered by MJ12 in order to steal power from the Illuminati.

In the end there's a final conflict in which the player can decide whether they want to tip the scales in favor of MJ12, the Illuminati, wipe out both factions and restore some semblance of sanity, or just trash everything and end the world for good.

Harill
4th Dec 2011, 22:16
Sounds good mcflabbergasty, sort of a DX 0. I'd like to see a prequel of the original DE.