PDA

View Full Version : no night vision aug?

Harill
26th Nov 2011, 03:24
I know most of the game was lighted and it seemed to be daytime always with not a big change in weather.
That's one part of the game I didn't like. I'd like to see a full day night cycle, with different types of weather.

But no night vision?

CD Set
28th Nov 2011, 02:15
Daytime always?

Did we play the same game?

Romeo
28th Nov 2011, 02:35
Aye, was almost never daylight out. That being said, there was literally no point in the game where I couldn't see well enough to advance. Would've been a pointless aug.

Harill
28th Nov 2011, 14:11
"seemed to be" daylight all the time
Maybe I have my brightness set too high.
It was daytime in TYM medical.

Romeo
28th Nov 2011, 16:42
"seemed to be" daylight all the time
Maybe I have my brightness set too high.
It was daytime in TYM medical.
Yeah, Detroit, Montreal, Heng Sha (Except upper TYM) and Panchaea were all dark out. Missing Link was always night. I think TYM is one of the only time where it was nice and bright. Would've been a relatively useless aug unfortunately.

Darnel
28th Nov 2011, 17:54
Would be on the same level of utter uselessness like the ''see node ratings'' aug.

Umodian
28th Nov 2011, 20:00
Can't remember the last game where night vision was actually helpful...

TrickyVein
28th Nov 2011, 20:18
Really? You're missing out. Go play New Vegas.

Harill
28th Nov 2011, 21:44
So I put the brightness setting all the way down. Still seems too bright.

Umodian
28th Nov 2011, 22:51
Really? You're missing out. Go play New Vegas.
I'm really not interested in Fallout frankly. :/

But, now I remember one; Metro 2033. Great game.

Romeo
29th Nov 2011, 00:20
I also remember Perfect Dark: Zero had quite a few options for lowlight conditions such as flashlights, black and white optics, thermal and nightvision.

Zoet
29th Nov 2011, 22:45
Due I think mainly to my nasty TV, the Missing Link DLC was the only part of the game where I ever wanted a light. It seemed quite a bit darker than the main game. A game where night vision was essential was Halo ODST (I didn't care for that game much though), and the aforementioned New Vegas needed night vision too, but I think that they deliberately made it much darker than Fallout 3. A simple flashlight would suffice for most visibility problems though.

Romeo
30th Nov 2011, 00:10
Due I think mainly to my nasty TV, the Missing Link DLC was the only part of the game where I ever wanted a light. It seemed quite a bit darker than the main game. A game where night vision was essential was Halo ODST (I didn't care for that game much though), and the aforementioned New Vegas needed night vision too, but I think that they deliberately made it much darker than Fallout 3. A simple flashlight would suffice for most visibility problems though.
Yeah, ODST could get so dark it was impossible to see (As did Halo: Combat Evolved before it). Haven't played New Vegas yet, so I can't comment on it.

TrickyVein
30th Nov 2011, 00:41
Night in vanilla New Vegas is just an unsaturated daytime. Play with mods like Project Nevada on the PC which gives vision-mode capabilities to power armor in combination with a mod which affects climate like Western Skies to darken the night (and actually make night vision useful) and the game becomes entirely different.

That's what great about New Vegas. I play with around 50 active mods. Most if not all of them affect aesthetics and gameplay for the better. They accomplish what Obsidian could not because of short development time or lack of vision.

pukster
30th Nov 2011, 21:01
Can't remember the last game where night vision was actually helpful...

True, a lot of times you can get by without it, and it is too restrictive (like 15 second battery life).

Things like Thermal vision (COD, MGS) are good, as was CryVision in Far Cry1

Romeo
30th Nov 2011, 22:40
True, a lot of times you can get by without it, and it is too restrictive (like 15 second battery life).

Things like Thermal vision (COD, MGS) are good, as was CryVision in Far Cry1
CryVision is awesome. I don't know, in PD:Z there were detriments in place (Thermal vision reduced your accuracy, nightvision meant you could get temporary blinded by explosions), but there were also cool bonuses too (Enemies were obvious with thermal, bullets all had an obvious "tracer path" in nightvision).

pukster
1st Dec 2011, 00:59
CryVision is awesome.

I could have played the entire game with Cryvision, but the battery dies too quickly.

Romeo
1st Dec 2011, 01:23
Same goes for me and cloak. =P