PDA

View Full Version : break in at Detroit Bank

Harill
25th Nov 2011, 20:47
Was I the only one who tried to find a way into the bank in Detroit to make a "withdrawl"?

We need access to more buildings in Deus Ex 4. You listening Eidos?

Teeebs
26th Nov 2011, 00:10
Hey, there might a good idea for DLC here. Maybe EM should make an expansion pack which makes all of the buildings in the city hubs accessible. Obviously with some more side missions included....helloooo Eidos Montreal.....:wave:

OR, they could just get crackin' on DX4....

Harill
26th Nov 2011, 00:49
I say save it for DX4. I have a lot of ideas I'd like to see implemented for the next release.
They are in my post on "level design".
I have more besides what I typed.

itsonyourhead
26th Nov 2011, 01:05
Well, DX:HR did nearly as well as Skyrim did. So I think we should expect AT LEAST the same amount of content as Skyrim contains.

VectorM
26th Nov 2011, 06:05
STOP COMPARING APPLES WITH ORANGES, GHUIRFKJJLDFHGDFGJLSBKJDBSFKJLG!?!:"<:!kln

Romeo
26th Nov 2011, 19:14
Well, DX:HR did nearly as well as Skyrim did. So I think we should expect AT LEAST the same amount of content as Skyrim contains.
I should hope so. I wanted some horse armor, of course. Joking aside though, I could totally go for some more DLC, so long as it isn't excessive (Looking at you, Dawn of War II).

STOP COMPARING APPLES WITH ORANGES, GHUIRFKJJLDFHGDFGJLSBKJDBSFKJLG!?!:"<:!kln
No one is comparing apples to oranges here, they're comparing Skyrim to Deus Ex. Although a fruit argument sounds compelling... 'Admittedly though, I always found apples to be a superior experience because...' =P

jeyeichkey
26th Nov 2011, 19:33
I just figured the bank was closed due to the late hours..

Harill
26th Nov 2011, 21:04
Nope, closed all the time. Maybe got bought out and everybody got layed off.

Romeo
26th Nov 2011, 21:08
Nah, it was because of "Occupy Detroit 2026", so the state of Michigan just closed down absolutely all banks. =P

TrickyVein
26th Nov 2011, 21:45
All Deus Ex games it seems have benefited from small, visitable, interior locations that play minor, non-essential roles like people's apartments and maintenance rooms but a bank is a major location. Being able to go inside just for funsies doesn't seem appropriate and I don't think the game is any worse for it.

Harill
26th Nov 2011, 22:13
That's how you find easter eggs and what not, exploring where you're not supposed to.

TrickyVein
26th Nov 2011, 23:28
Indeed. They do abound. I believe we had a thread dedicated to sharing/finding them. EM has proven that non-essential exploration doesn't detract from the main story and can actually improve the game dramatically. I understand your sentiment, but it's like asking for more icing when you have a cake that's already slathered with the stuff.

jeyeichkey
28th Nov 2011, 12:50
@harill
That's not what I meant.. Since the game is progressing during "night time" all the time (in Detroit mind you!) it could easily be seen as "closed because late hours". If felt appropriate and I left the bank alone.

Harill
28th Nov 2011, 13:57
I would of liked to see a full day/night cycle. The game seems pretty well lit for "night time". I'd say make it darker, and give the main character night vision augs. Maybe EM can do this for DX4?
(yes, I know I can change brightness in game options)

VectorM
28th Nov 2011, 14:28
This isn't freaking Elder Scrolls, and there is a reason why in level X it's night time, while in level Y it's day time. Mood and atmosphere, for one thing.

itsonyourhead
28th Nov 2011, 14:50
I would of liked to see a full day/night cycle. The game seems pretty well lit for "night time". I'd say make it darker, and give the main character night vision augs. Maybe EM can do this for DX4?
(yes, I know I can change brightness in game options)

You are in the middle of the city. A cyberpunk/post-cyberpunk city. It's going to be decently well lit. But yes, most of us who played the game noticed that it looked A LOT better with the brightness turned almost all the way down.

El_Bel
12th Dec 2011, 01:23
Deus ex: Rob the bank mod

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul__tUY0aZo

Vasarto
12th Dec 2011, 22:00
I think they might. maybe not all the ROOMS in all the buildings but most or all of the buildings. They should take what worked very well from this game and improve on it and make the game more Involving and immersive in DX4.

You know a really REALLY compelling story and twice the areas and places to explore and find stuff.
Not that they did a bad job at it. I mean Sarif Industries is much larger than unatco HQ but I really would had liked to explore ALL of the building and sky scraper. Even the destroyed labs and people working to rebuild it would had been nice to talk too. That building must have over 1000 rooms of potential exploration but all we got is one super massive room with about twenty mini rooms inside it and a helipad outside.

chabbles
13th Dec 2011, 01:03
Hey, there might a good idea for DLC here. Maybe EM should make an expansion pack which makes all of the buildings in the city hubs accessible. Obviously with some more side missions included....helloooo Eidos Montreal.....:wave:

OR, they could just get crackin' on DX4....

i would be all over that ****!!!!

dlc that expands on whats already there in the full game, rather then some bs like the missing link.. which was descent, but no where near as epic as HR

Goodfeller
19th Dec 2011, 09:37
I'd like to be able to rob the bank too, just like you could in Mafia 2, and then have all the cops in the city chasing after you.

Dr_Bob
20th Dec 2011, 19:19
The Detroit city hub was missing a bar.

DcoryHelisle
22nd Dec 2011, 08:13
I just figured the bank was closed due to the late hours
http://www.jimjam.info/03.jpghttp://www.jimjam.info/14.jpg
http://www.bookunion.org/5.jpghttp://www.jimjam.info/jh3.jpg

lowenz
22nd Dec 2011, 15:44
That place really reminds me Thief 2 Bank and Thief DS Museum, as potential level :D