PDA

View Full Version : What was your first Hitman game?

Travis_IO
23rd Nov 2011, 14:30
I thought it would be interesting to know how many of you have played as 47 from the beginning or where you joined the story? Perhaps Absolution will be the first Hitman game that you will play?

Personally, I picked up Silent Assassin on PS2 and most recently played Blood Money on the X360.

Btw, the poll is public.

Acid_Burn
23rd Nov 2011, 15:25
Started with Blood Money and enjoyed it's every piece.
It's my favourite Hitman game so far :)

iNeedzHelp
23rd Nov 2011, 18:15
Day 1 when the original was released.

Travis_IO
24th Nov 2011, 08:16
Day 1 when the original was released.

I'd say that's a pretty exclusive club you're in!

iNeedzHelp
25th Nov 2011, 10:10
I'd say that's a pretty exclusive club you're in!
Well it has 4 votes :rasp:;)

Travis_IO
25th Nov 2011, 11:09
Well it has 4 votes :rasp:;)

But how many of those got it on day 1? :cool:

Nogarda
25th Nov 2011, 17:14
Played the demo of codename 47 from a pc mag and got my copy as soon as I got my pocket money. that was a time ago.

Shadow47
26th Nov 2011, 07:57
My first one was Silent Assassins. I got hooked there. Went to Blood Money next. I loved both of those games. I didn't really like Contracts. That I got after Blood Money.

Absolution, from the material I've seen so far, is totally awesome. It's taken this series to another level. :cool:

ohitspatty
26th Nov 2011, 16:42
Codename 47 when I was about 14. I remember it being pretty hard but I loved stealth games...so this was a fresh approach to the genre.

Shadow47
26th Nov 2011, 21:54
I'm a major fan of stealth games. I was around 12 when I started.

BigBoss
28th Nov 2011, 17:35
It appears no one was interested in playing Contracts when it first came out.

Shadow47
28th Nov 2011, 23:16
Contracts I got after Blood Money. I wasn't really a fan of it. Blood Money was better to me.

john1993
29th Nov 2011, 08:21
it was hitman contracts, first i saw a picture of it in a magazine (at the meat king's party) it said the silent assassin strikes again, very fun game even if i didnt understand many things :P

Shadow47
29th Nov 2011, 10:37
I played Blood Money more than anything. The second game had a good story as well.

Travis_IO
29th Nov 2011, 14:42
Just shy of a week and it seems that everyone who voted has at least played one Hitman game already and most of you started at the very beginning on the PC.

How very interesting...

BigBoss
29th Nov 2011, 15:37
I started on blood money, but then I played the rest about a week later. The series totally sucked me in and it was a perfect time for it because they had just released that collection on ps2.

29th Nov 2011, 20:03
It appears no one was interested in playing Contracts when it first came out.
Contracts was my favorit hitman game, then Silent Assassin.

Shadow47
29th Nov 2011, 23:24
Blood Money was my favorite Hitman game....so far.;)

I was talking with a friend of mine and they say that the instinct feature should be removed. He thinks there's no need for it. I like the feature. He says that this game is going in too much of an action direction.

He even tried to argue with me that there was advanced combat and improvised weapons in previous games. :lol:

It's just to show the difference in the opinions out there. Him and I see opposite towards the new Absolution even though we're both fans. I love the game and everything about it while he's skeptic.

gamnrd
15th Dec 2011, 22:13
I originally got Contracts after reading a walk-through on Beldingford Manor and I was intrigued by the possibility to complete the mission through various means. Afterwards I bought Codename 47, then Silent Assassin and then got Blood Money the day it came out for PS2, then another copy for PC (to use cheats) then my house was robbed and my games stolen, so bought another copy for PS2, then I got a 360 so I bought one for it, then that copy stopped working so I got another 360 copy :P

Shadow47
15th Dec 2011, 23:23
For the major fan that I am of this series, I wasn't really liking Contracts. It was fun. Definitely, I give it some credit. I found Blood Money much better. Depending, Absolution might just take the spot as my favorite. We'll have to see.

mattnexus
16th Dec 2011, 04:17
My favourite game was silent assassin! But I loved blood money for the features and contracts for its style. People didn't like that they redid some missions from codename 47 but, I didn't really like the original game, was awesome to see them redo the missions later

omega77
21st Dec 2011, 19:17
i started with silent assassin loved it went back and played the first game then played the rest when they came out.

i really liked contracts by the way a bit of the greatests hits of hitman hehe.

Barez
21st Dec 2011, 19:34
My first Hitman was BM (it was a gift from my brother) and i thought wtf is this for a game.. ill just play it when my bro watch it so hes happy :D then when i really started to play it, i loved it more and more and played the rest (because i played BM 100 times over again) and now i can't wait untill Absolution :O

RIdah07
22nd Dec 2011, 07:00
Honestly my first Hitman was Silent Assassin. It was awesome when I played it first time.
Then I thought to search(buy) the first one...and then Contracts came out and then Blood Money.
I don't know which one is my fav. but I enjoy/enjoyed every bit of them, with many hours playing with patience.
Gotta' say, may be between Contracts and Blood Money....

Snippersalja
22nd Dec 2011, 11:16
Mine was contracts, I would go and play it for free with the gametap trial a long time ago. It was so fun (especially with cheats) and got me into the rest of the series.

Shadow47
22nd Dec 2011, 20:15
The second game, Silent Assassin, was pretty fun with cheats.

gamnrd
23rd Dec 2011, 07:50
Just played through Codename 47 again for the first time in awhile, I love Traditions of the Trade, Both versions!

Epalistix
23rd Dec 2011, 08:14
I actually baught the triligy pack in 2006, Id never heard of Hitman before that. For some reason I always play either the second or third game in a series first.

Improveuself
27th Dec 2011, 19:40
I originally got Contracts after reading a walk-through on Beldingford Manor and I was intrigued by the possibility to complete the mission through various means. Afterwards I bought Codename 47, then Silent Assassin and then got Blood Money the day it came out for PS2, then another copy for PC (to use cheats) then my house was robbed and my games stolen, so bought another copy for PS2, then I got a 360 so I bought one for it, then that copy stopped working so I got another 360 copy :P

what a resilient fan!

i started silent assassin, then contracts, then blood money... what a linear fan:wave:

kaotis
30th Dec 2011, 21:26
mine was silent assassin , played almost all the others ( exept the upcoming one :p)

Arbalister
9th Jan 2012, 21:02
But how many of those got it on day 1? :cool:

Me. :-)

ezjohny
13th Jan 2012, 19:31
I played Hit Man 2 an it was awesome for PC, keep up the good work Game Developers with the Hit Man series!!!

MrAtmea
14th Jan 2012, 15:23
Hitman: Silent Assassin had some extremly irritating glitches (anyone remember hidden valley? I certainly do...) and diguises were no guarantee for succes (Anathema, Hidden valley), which made it a difficult game. But it felt good when you had finally figured out a level despite all of this and walked away unnoticed.

halvars90
14th Jan 2012, 21:51
Well the first game was my first Hitman. I was not really that old when I played it and I did just play it at a friends home for a bit. Then I did not play anymore Hitman until Silent Assassin which I bought shortly after its release. Then I think I dident play the first Hitman game, then I mean really played it until some time after Contracts.

moos
15th Jan 2012, 03:06
Started with Silent Assassin. It was also the first "M" rated game my mom bought me.

Thoth42
17th Jan 2012, 05:56
Started with Silent Assassin on Xbox and despite a few AI bugs making getting Silent Assassin a bit tough it was one of the best stealth games I have ever played. Picked up Contracts on console as well and then Blood Money on PC when it was released. Love the game series and the character. Have a pretty beast new rig so I plan to play Absolution on PC as well.

SFOSOK
17th Jan 2012, 08:00
Codename 47

Had the right music and atmosphere. Back when they actually tried to put that sort of stuff into games...

I played all of them and here is their rating:

Codename 47- I'm a little biased but I loved how this game punished you for making the smallest mistake

Blood Money- Only because everyone NPC had the same character model-just plain Lazy ubi :(, that and I could stand in a room aiming at the door on the hardest difficulty and never die, no on should ever be able to do that. The game was just too easy and it felt like all the features were not flesh out.
-Guns were pathetic (I likde how they 870 shotgun was just called "shotgun" and I couldn't upgrade it)
-Upgrades (all upgrades should change how the game is played not just the silencers...)
-NPC (I liked how the girls looked like skinny dudes with boobs and all the dude were a batch of clones with different clothing or facial hair....lazy
-Bullet marks/bloodspatter- this has never been satisfying or realistic in blood money. Hitting someone in the kidney should give an appropriate response and same with the knee or hand. It should be true vice versa on 47 as well if you get hit in the knee you should be punish and have to pay for bullet removal and a visit from black market doctor "Hack and Slash"
-Select fire weapons!!!

Contracts- Guns felt real, blood spatter was satisfying but the game was a little awkward (minigun was fun)

Silent Assassin- Guns felt like shooting BB guns

CrashB97
17th Jan 2012, 13:10
I remember my cousin had Hitman 2: Silent Assassin when I was like 9 or 10 on PC. I watched him playing it and loved it. I asked him to play and he let me play it. I gotta tell you it was one of the hardest games I'd ever played and I still loved it. But I was still playing games like Metal Gear Solid 1 at the time and the only word in my mind at the time was "stealth" so either way I had a blast. I then fell out of touch til blood money. Then played Hitman 2 again and only like three or four years ago discovered how to get the silenced Ballers. Never got Silent Assassin when I was smaller, only Professional. Regardless the games may not have been the best, they all had flaws but they remain on my favourites list always.

AvisJinx
25th Jan 2012, 19:24
I remember the first time I stumbled onto Hitman. I was still in middle school, or Freshman year and the whole illegal downloading was going on, and I had plenty of music from CDs and so I decided "What about video games? Time to try PC games!" So I just searched and Hitman: Codename 47 was among the top searches, I downloaded and gave it a try and it was a fun game. Replaying missions doing things differently, and of course once the game was beat, redo everything but with cheats, made it even crazier! I eventually went out and bought the game itself just to feel legit >.> $5 at Walmart, there I also bought Hitman 2, eventually Contracts came out for PS2 and I bought that, and I have been wit the series ever since CN 47. Great series, evolved so drastically here and there. Shame 47 sounds different, gives him a different personality, but whatever, that's not an issue, just hope to get back to assassinating some more people, or going Rambo a little ;)

BBQ_egg
8th Feb 2012, 01:34
No option for Never ? :)
Actually the only Hitman game I've played was Silent Assassin or Contract for Xbox but I got bored after a while.

Travis_IO
8th Feb 2012, 08:50
No option for Never ? :)
Actually the only Hitman game I've played was Silent Assassin or Contract for Xbox but I got bored after a while.

The option for 'never' would be Absolution, seeing as that would then be your first one.

Why was it that you got bored?

NeoPhoenix
11th Feb 2012, 21:38
it was Hitman 2: Silent Assassin i recieved from a friend of mine - long time ago. honestly i havent played "contract" (so ashamed of that fact) and now i am playing "blood money" (my fave) again

sublime90
7th Mar 2012, 01:02
i never played the first or the 2nd even though my friend tried to get me to play the 2nd i never did. i came in at contracts, finished that game and only played about half way through blood money which i intend on finishing.

MrJohnson
7th Mar 2012, 08:45
I was only 10 when I found Silent Assassin in a gameshop. I looked at this cover and I was like "uh, pretty cool!", the description made me think about Splinter Cell (I think I had the first SC), so I bought it (or, my parents did :p). When I got in game, I first tried the hardest mode, like "yeah, let's try like a boss", but then I said "what the f...k man!" and I was like "Okay, let's go normal", and the game was just hard enough to make me feel like a 10 years old pro killer x)

cmam20
7th Mar 2012, 13:09
First game was silent assasin and since then have been hooked on the franchise , looking forward for obsolution. Wondering if they will Release the triology of all the previous games on all platforms before they release the new game ?

Doctalen
7th Mar 2012, 14:04
Silent assassin. I just remember having it on PS2 and just using cheats and never playing it seriously. Recently bought it again

Barez
7th Mar 2012, 15:37
Silent assassin. I just remember having it on PS2 and just using cheats and never playing it seriously. Recently bought it again

I loved BM, and the first time I played it very seriously untill I watched to many videos on YouTube of bugs, funny ways of killing, of completing missions etc... then I started to play it Un-serious, so this time i won't watch videos on YT because it screwed my own gameplay and fun in it if you know what i mean :D

GebelTheRebel
7th Mar 2012, 16:15
The first time I ever heard of Hitman was upon Blood Money's release. It got me hooked and I had to go back and play all the other ones.

I've never seen a game series so consistent in content and replayability. They never get old; that's how games should be made. And so, thank you IO. :)

hardballer186
8th Mar 2012, 20:38
First Hitman title I owned? Codename 47

I was in sixth grade when the original came out, had a friend who had gamer mags where I saw the advertisement for Codename 47. That same friend got a copy of it and tried to make me a bootleg copy disc, never worked and ended up having my brother get me a retail copy. Been with the series since...

Codename 47 PC
Silent Assassin demo and release version PC
Contracts PC
Blood Money Xbox 360
Absolution Xbox 360

47s Dragon
15th Mar 2012, 22:44
Silent Assassin.
The title 'Hitman' had caught my eye. Growing up, I loved hearing stories of assassins, still do. Usually when someone hears the word 'Assassin' they look at it in a bad way. I understand why, because not all assassins are good. I was able to find the good ones, even though some might be consider "fictional".
I'm looking forward to working with Mr. 47 again.

Biiviz
25th Mar 2012, 14:34
Hitman: Codename 47.

Played it the first time back in 5th grade of elementary school, I guess. Back when I was... maybe 11 or 12? Either way, my friends told me about the game. I copied the game from them and loved it right away. Now, you might be thinking "Pirate!", but if it weren't for that illegal act I would probably never have heard of Hitman. Not until many years later, at least. Perhaps my taste in games would've developed differently. Still, it worked out for the best. I've bought the rest of the games and I'm eager to see the next release in the series.

Hitman_JxB7
1st Apr 2012, 07:31
I was around 8 when i was snooping on my bros computer and saw some crazy things. All wanted to do was to play games. I was young and i didn't know what game to play. I just searched up games and it send me to a website where a list of games that i needed to download. I picked the one that sounded cool. Hitman Codename 47 not knowing anything about it. I started playing and automatically i feel in love with the game. I never beat it cause i couldn't pass the 3rd level and left it. Then a yr later while helping cleaning out my friends house when he moved he found a old black bag with PS2 games. He pulled out three games and said those are awesome games. Hitman Contracts Hitman 2 Silent Assassin and Hitman Blood Money. He gave them to me and said keep em and play them and make sure to keep good care of them. I did do all those things falling in love with game. Playing those games without any Xbox live or PSN and still being able to have the best experience of gaming should tell you alot how those games were amazing. My fav Blood money for alot of reasons. Its story was amazing going around the world and the weapons were awesome. The game come out in the late 06 and it had amazing graphics. The game engine was one of the most powerful of all time in that time. Im a true die hard fan. I always wanted to know what happen to Agent 47 cause i knew he wasn't dead and i have so much more questions. But after 6yrs of waiting i might get answers. All im waiting for is the game and my mind to blow-up. If you guys are die hard fans tell me what was your Fav hitman and why? :wave:

Ceceli
6th Apr 2012, 06:14
I was around 8 when i was snooping on my bros computer and saw some crazy things. All wanted to do was to play games. I was young and i didn't know what game to play. I just searched up games and it send me to a website where a list of games that i needed to download. I picked the one that sounded cool. Hitman Codename 47 not knowing anything about it. I started playing and automatically i feel in love with the game. I never beat it cause i couldn't pass the 3rd level and left it. Then a yr later while helping cleaning out my friends house when he moved he found a old black bag with PS2 games. He pulled out three games and said those are awesome games. Hitman Contracts Hitman 2 Silent Assassin and Hitman Blood Money. He gave them to me and said keep em and play them and make sure to keep good care of them. I did do all those things falling in love with game. Playing those games without any Xbox live or PSN and still being able to have the best experience of gaming should tell you alot how those games were amazing. My fav Blood money for alot of reasons. Its story was amazing going around the world and the weapons were awesome. The game come out in the late 06 and it had amazing graphics. The game engine was one of the most powerful of all time in that time. Im a true die hard fan. I always wanted to know what happen to Agent 47 cause i knew he wasn't dead and i have so much more questions. But after 6yrs of waiting i might get answers. All im waiting for is the game and my mind to blow-up. If you guys are die hard fans tell me what was your Fav hitman and why? :wave:

Hardcore fan here. Blood Money was the best! Really hardcore game where the thinking is left for me and the stealth mode prevails. It was much different than all those kid's games which you just have to go around shooting everything that moves. :thumb:

SirLunchAlot
6th Apr 2012, 10:35
My first Hitman was the Demo of Hitman 2: Silent Assassin. I can remember how I kill the postman and stole his clothes and the flowers. Oh man, that was so amazing on this time ;) Haha and the "strong" lady in the kitchen with the knife. In my eyes just "unforgettable".
(sorry for my bad language :( , im from germany )

ExiTT
19th Apr 2012, 13:21
Before 1 Month I Finished Codename 47 And Now I Am ******* Big Fan :D In 2003 I Saw Codename 47 First Time

VIPERGTSR01
29th Apr 2012, 12:39
New forum member, not so new Hitman player, kinda odd story for me..

I was around 18/19 and on a long weekend trip to Melbourne (Australia) with a couple friends, I had a couple hundred dollars to burning a hole in my pocket to spend on whatever I felt like, after a couple days I still hadn't found anything I really wanted (didn't want to waste it in the Casino). I randomly walked into a game shop in the city not expecting anything interesting because I usually kepted very up to date with new games and spotted this brand new PC game called "Hitman: Codename 47", I never heard of it (which surprised me) so I assumed it was rubbish but the cover and box details looked very inviting, going against my usual judgement (I normally always research purchases first after a bunch of dissapointments) I just bought it as I wanted to take something new home with me after the long drive that night.

Long story short I was very pleased with the game and have been a Hitman fan since, however I never enjoyed the sequels so much until Blood Money which is my favorite after the original (all versions in PC).

Look forward to Absolution, besides a few things I am not so sure of, looks like it is coming together great.

jackal1028
29th Apr 2012, 15:21
silent assassin best by far!

tbcdlad
7th May 2012, 00:18
My first Hitman game was Silent Assassin, and it was just awesome. As a matter of fact, it was on of the first games I'd ever played on an Xbox. Then, I got Contracts, and wasn't as impressed with that one as much as with Silent Assassin, but then I got Blood Money, and I've gotta say that Blood Money was also a fantastic game. However, Absolution looks like its gearing up to be the best Hitman game so far, and I can hardly wait.

Warlegend
10th May 2012, 19:19
My first Hitman was Silent Assassin on Gamecube ^^ Even if i knew Codename 47 before, because a friend used to play it a lot of time, Hitman 2 was the first game of the series i touched myself. Then i replayed Codename 47 and from that moment on i have been a big fan

Slum
11th May 2012, 19:09
Codename 47

That's when I discovered that stealth was my favorite genre!

Jace_Auditore
15th May 2012, 18:42
I first played the demo of Hitman:Blood Money on the Ps2,back in 2007.
I tought it wasn´t that great(then again,the demo was the Tutorial level,and the tutorial level of Blood Money is problably the worst mission in the game).
It wasn´t until 2009 when I got interested in stealth games,and a friend of mine gave me a copy of Hitman:Codename 47.I enjoyed it a lot,even with its lack of mid-game saves,and the action sequences that felt out of place.
I then asked my friend if he had any other Hitman games,and he gave me the Hitman Triple Pack(H2,H:C and H:BM)for the PC.
I played Hitman 2,and I hated it;Paranoid A.I,levels that felt more linear,an incomprehensible mess of a storyline,47 being represented as a more "human" person...
I then went to Hitman Contracts without any expectations,and I loved it.
The AI didnt shoot you for running for more than 1 second,the levels felt more open,the storyline was more comprehensible,47 was a cold-blooded killer again,you can actually get Silent Assassin rank in all missions...
Then I went to Hitman Blood Money with high expectations,and the game surpassed them and it has become one of my favourite games of all time.
Good A.I(The guards actually warn you if you try to go to a restricted area!),
great non-linear level design,multiple ways of achieving you objectives,the accident system,the shop/upgrades system,poison drinks and food,hide bodies and hide yourself in closets,being able to climb,an interesting storyline,the newspaper(BEST FEATURE EVER IN A GAME),improved melle and improvised weapons,and the best depiction of 47(he kills a priest just becouse he is a witness)...
And that´s my story with the Hitman franchise.
Really looking forward to Absolution(Already pre-ordered the Professional Edition:))

theghost917
16th May 2012, 16:38
Played the demo of codename 47 from a pc mag and got my copy as soon as I got my pocket money. that was a time ago.

I was in HS working at CVS and saw the Hitman: Codename 47 demo in a magazine and got the full game from Morpheus. YES MORPHEUS! WHAT U KNOW ABOUT THAT??? lol. Since then I've gotten every Hitman that's been released and pre-ordered the pro-edition last night.

My fav. map on the original was the hotel (Traditions of the Trade).

The Sniper Challenge is so much more than I expected it to be! I was expecting some watering down but so far it looks like that didn't happen - THANK GOODNESS!

Looking forward to the game!

Smichal
17th May 2012, 12:21
How many are Thief series lovers also? ;)

Both are my top game series.

Jace_Auditore
17th May 2012, 13:40
How many are Thief series lovers also? ;)

Both are my top game series.

Thief 2 and Hitman:Blood Money are 2 of my favourite games of all time.

Eastwood4488
19th May 2012, 03:24
I started with Codename 47, back when our bald assassin was partial to spending money on every single bullet he would carry and even had a romantic moment with an Asian hostage :) Then I went on to SA then Contracts and Bloodmoney. I remember I truly loved the franchise when I took home a Blood Money poster from the Gamestop I worked at in highschool and just before college my friend and I had a competition to see who could get the fastest SA time on any level in Blood Money, we picked the opera level, the name escapes me, but we each completed it in a little over a minute, but I won because he didn't bring his case back and used a modified Baller instead of the W2000. It has been far too long without a new Hitman game to steal away months of my life, my girlfriend says I wouldn't have completed college had there have been one released in the last 4 years lol but let me tell you, on November 20th she's going to hate me for at least a few days.

TheBRADLeyB
19th May 2012, 19:41
Codename 47.

A demo to be exact. The hotel mission... Fruchs....

I must have been 13 or 14 at the time maybe... God I love murdering pixels!