PDA

View Full Version : Weapons & Tactics

SilverBallerSD
20th Nov 2011, 06:26
But more on the tactics side.

If you could suggest a new weapon, way to get to your mark, or tricks of the hitmans trade to the devteam. What would it be?

SilverBallerSD
20th Nov 2011, 07:07
Tricks of the trade:

Phones
Phones should play a larger role in hitman and obtaining phone numbers should be a side objective. This tactic was used once, in silent assassin, when a pager was called to get someone to open a door, whereas otherwise they would have been too suspicious to open it.
Calling phones can cause people to move around, but also to keep them busy. However, to gain the phone or phone number of a particular mark, requires in-game work.

Mimicking
Its not enough just to get a disguise, you have to act like the person you have become. Props have always helped with this but it might be an idea to see this in the character model. Waiters, for example, carry wine glasses between their fingers, and might open doors differently.

Chain reactions
This was done in blood money at the theatre, where the death of the actor positioned the ambassador below the chandelier. However, it would be cool if 47 could do more like this. Perhaps someone is waiting on a phone or radio for a signal to stop putting tension on a line, or pressure on a pipe, or filling a car gas can. Resulting in a more unstable situation. Maybe startling horses by using a laser or focussed light or gun to pop balloons.

Weapons that should be in the game:
- Tazer
- Kitty cornershot (this would make opponents especially hard to deal with, but it allso means their distracted looking around just one corner.)
- Shock paddles
- Boomerang (you know you want to)
- Shoe knife (like in 007, for the lols)
- Handcuffs (can make a nasty weapon)

Versatility117
21st Nov 2011, 10:48
Some PlastiCuffs:
It would be nice to have some PlastiCuffs, or FlexiCuffs that you can wrap around the enemie's neck and then let the man choke to death while you walk away.

john1993
30th Nov 2011, 10:33
weapons:
poison darts
balistic knife
shuriken
bow with different types of arrows (maybe)
bag cammera - bomb
microchip - tracking device

tactics:
communication- you're dressed as a police officer and another one run towards you
"he went that way go get him" or "pssst come here i want to tell you something" *BAM*
dummy- dont know how that might work
hostages- able to move them and use them like in reservoir dogs
use of environment- smash someone into a wall, put him in a bag of trash and stuff like that

mcescher1
6th Dec 2011, 21:40
i would like to see it possible to upgrade any weapon... even the random ones you see in the game... such as adding silencers or scopes or magz

i would also like to be able to carry more guns... to the least once you beat the game be able to carry more weapons i think that would be a cool easy add... anyone??

Shadow47
8th Dec 2011, 10:59
During Blood Money there was a pretty good system for upgrading and changing the parts of weapons. That game was based more on contracts and clients. This story for Absolution is going in a different direction.

Whether the upgrading weapons return or not is questionable.

Nogarda
8th Dec 2011, 18:18
lol I swear some of you lot want him to turn up with an army of ninjas, and an arsenal large enough to supply a small army XD. All hitman needs is himself, he is the ultimate weapon, and if his target is just too heavily protected I'm sure there is a non bullet proof window in which his WA2000 can reach out and touch his target with. Absolution has shown that you don't even need any kill tools. Hell Hitman might as well just for a laugh have the prompt to 'roundhouse kick' one of his targets to death now.

mcescher1
8th Dec 2011, 21:15
okok... what if 47 could use a pencil?!?!?!?! through the nose... bangin'.. or eye.. bangin .. or neck.. bangin'..

and i def like the fact that 47 doesn't need a large arsenal.. but seriously.. how many times did you use the 'shotgun' in blood money... that gun was super sweet when it was totally upgraded with a silencer.. on a shotgun!!! that was bangin'... but you couldn't ever use it because he couldn't hide it... it would be sweet if you could hide any gun in his coat or in a case... not only the 'sniper' and 'xg4800' or whatev's that other gun was.. ya know?

and i understand the thought of keeping a challenge throughout the game.. but once you roll through it..i think you should be able to have a little fun with more weapons... i know its not super realistic if 47 could hide an m4 or shotgun or AWP in his coat pocket but after you beat the game it would be a sweet add if you could.. just to add a little fun ... whos with me? WE ARE SPARTAAAA!!! (sorry for the bad joke.. im still just super excited for this game)

Travis_IO
9th Dec 2011, 08:48
okok... what if 47 could use a pencil?!?!?!?! through the nose... bangin'.. or eye.. bangin .. or neck.. bangin'..

and i def like the fact that 47 doesn't need a large arsenal.. but seriously.. how many times did you use the 'shotgun' in blood money... that gun was super sweet when it was totally upgraded with a silencer.. on a shotgun!!! that was bangin'... but you couldn't ever use it because he couldn't hide it... it would be sweet if you could hide any gun in his coat or in a case... not only the 'sniper' and 'xg4800' or whatev's that other gun was.. ya know?

and i understand the thought of keeping a challenge throughout the game.. but once you roll through it..i think you should be able to have a little fun with more weapons... i know its not super realistic if 47 could hide an m4 or shotgun or AWP in his coat pocket but after you beat the game it would be a sweet add if you could.. just to add a little fun ... whos with me? WE ARE SPARTAAAA!!! (sorry for the bad joke.. im still just super excited for this game)

Confirmed: 47 will not be putting pencils into anyone's nose, eye or neck.

There's some very inventive ideas in this thread. But besides weapons, what would you like to see 47 doing?

Acid_Burn
9th Dec 2011, 09:09
Actually more opportunities for 'accidents'. My favourite from BM is a piano falling to a victim :D

Lionheat
9th Dec 2011, 17:13
Context is everything. Weaponry should not be the focus of the game. The pattern should be - gather intel - infiltrate - execute - escape. One shot, one kill. Or one vile of poison one kill. Or, one staged accident, one kill. It is best when 47 gets in, makes one kill and gets out without anyone knowing he was there. There are plenty of games that already focus on weapons, what makes the game special to me is when there is a focus on tactics and strategy.

Suxita
9th Dec 2011, 20:56
Only one question about weapon.
1.Is there weapon acoustics in game when 47 shooting in building and how about
silverballer suppresor acoustics,like a Hitman The Movie.It was so great voice in
subway when 47 was shooting

DennisTP
12th Dec 2011, 07:15
First of all.. I CANT WAIT for the release :)

I have alot of requests for this next game, but i wait a little with all of them, here's some of me requests for weapons and tactics :)

Weapons:
1. G3
2. Glock 17
3. Compound Bow, could be so great and fun. (but please no Rambo exploding arrows)
4. Shurikens, or throwing knifes
5. Flashbangs and/or Gas grenades
6. Blowpipe with poison darts (or what its call't)
7. Police baton
8. Knife (you can choose from your weapons (instead of only finding a kitchen knife)
9. Spy cam, small cam you can put under a doors just like swat
10. telescope mirror to look over a wall
11. peberspray
12. walkietalkies for distraction of guards (you drop a walkie around the corner or whatever, and then say something, the guard response and go for the voice, and you can make you move to kill og pass the guard)

Tactic:
1. Much better fighting style, like jason bourne.. PLEASE
2. Choosing a disguise before going in to the mission, f.ex a police uniform from the mission before or you buy a military uniform online and use it, you know what i mean :)
3. The blowpipe i requested, could be used also to turn off lights from a distance :)
4. More take downs styles with no weapons, but martial art style (jason bourne)
5. Mask's, you can choose to have a mask with you to cover your face or something.

Danish

Glæder mig som bar' fanden til det spil udkommer, håber at i vil overveje bare lidt af det jeg skrev op over :) især Jason Bourne fighting style :) jeg ved noget af det måske er langt ude, men jeg kan se det sjove idet :)

Best regards

Dennis From Denmark :D

nonprofitkilla
14th Dec 2011, 22:56
Weapons
1.Knives
2.Glock 21
3. Sig Sauer P226
4.H&K USP45
5. Flashbangs
6.Sig Sauer P228/9

Tactics
1.Removal of silencer in game by button press.
2. If there is gonna be a fighting style, make it fast and furious. I vote Krav Maga.
3. More accidents

Barez
21st Dec 2011, 15:43
I personally am not for accidents. I prefer to shoot them in the head.. good, silence, while nobody sees it. Like a Perfect kill. They may know it's a high trained killer..aslong as they have no clue of who it is.. im good. Accidents are not seen as an accident in Blood Money, but more like a hit. Actualy to be realistic.. when you complete a mission with accidents they cannot give you a rating, Because the police will think it is purely coincidence and no hit from a SA.

So put alot of accident options but waaaay harder to find them. ;)

Improveuself
27th Dec 2011, 19:31
what happens in the real world with serial murderers? they are wanted and hunted by the police thus have little chance of survival. therefore, if you want to survive, you have to use your brain and use stealth and reduce the number of human casualties. if you make a slaughter, then go get a "manhunt style" game.

the Hitman series has an ethic, which is to kill individuals who deserve it, not slaughter innocent people.

I play hitman for an evaluation of silent assassin, not a psychopathic murderer.

weapons:

-blowpipe is ok for me
-syringes
-any type of cable that allows an execution from the back
-objects of the environment
-takedowns in martial art style

tactics:
-accidents please!
-gadgets to generate distraction like (activate alarms in cars/damage water pipes or elechtric systems)
-use of disguise: not going to be disguised as quiet as can be suspect. a bit of mime can be useful.

imported_Ice_man
11th Jan 2012, 17:37
Actually more opportunities for 'accidents'. My favourite from BM is a piano falling to a victim :D

awesome i love "Accidents" lol

can you cut glass to break into a house? like in the trailer you see agent 47 using a glass cutter to break into a house

halvars90
14th Jan 2012, 21:30
This text is translated by google from a swedish forum written in my native language. I hope you guys will be able to read it becuase I to really not whant to rewrite everything again.

Here it goes:

myself, I really hope that this game is really, really good. It's a couple things that bother me that they will do a "Splinter Cell".

But if the Danes really stick to the original and innför something more new and good. Cover system is presumably a good thing if you want to steal but to dress up as any other man. Only there is a need or otherwise stupid.

I also hope that they do upgrade the weapons for a lot more than it was in Blood Money. Tex, I would like to be able to mod all the weapons and not just a certain few.

Think also that they should take in order to take people to death without weapons. Strangle them with their hands if they sleep for example. Come from behind and strangle them with his arm, they can do it to some sort of minigame or whatever you call it when you might want to pull the levers in any certain direction, or it meant fighting for his life. It would compel one to think a bit before you try to do it and force an alternative to smuggle a weapon in order to facilitate the whole thing.

They should also do so you are able to knock out enemies with various weapons. Tex in the old Hitman games so killed all the weapons they used. A blow on the head with a shovel might not have to kill a man every time.

As it was on Blood Money so was the type the only option unless you wanted to kill something to anesthetize them down with the syringe. You ought to like to beat them in the back of the head with a broom

imported_Ice_man
25th Jan 2012, 17:30
i think it would be cool if you had the option of removing your silencer from your weapon pistol/shotgun or mp5, instead of switching to a non silenced weapon. i wonder if Absolution will have this feature?

Lunartek
28th Jan 2012, 01:04
I find the tactics very important. There has to be more ways per level to get a silent assassin rating. three or four at least. Adds to the replay value.

I would like if it was possible to lay tactics a little more in the "war room". To make certain arrangements before going in.

Another thing I have thought of is the ability to choose different paths i.e. choice between different missions, which will lead to different storylines through the entire game, as well as different ways to tackle a single mission.
This would not have to be more difficult than having the ability to choose whether you would like to take out your target at home or at the golf course. In the context of running from the police it also gives the player a lot of possibilities if you are given more than one choice of hideout for example.

Being able to choose gear and point of insertion would be really nice. Also being able to buy certain "favors" would be a nice tactical advantage. Buying allies, if you will. This could be feeding pursuers false information, having certain guards being off duty, having arranged for a decoy or having certain doors unlocked. There are many possibilities if the player has the necessary credits.

The idea about being able to start a level dressed up is nice. I have been a fan of 47 for a long time, and the trademark suit means a lot to me, but it is an issue I have always pondered. Realistically, why would'nt 47 do that?

About weapons I agree that the phone would be really great. It has so many creative possibilities!

halvars90
28th Jan 2012, 16:43
yeah being able to equip and de-equip silincer in mission would be nice. The advantages with silcencer seems quite abvious but the advantages without silencer could be longer range/penetration.

fisherboy111
28th Jan 2012, 21:32
Lots of quick/dynamic/smooth/insta-kills. I think it would be so awesome to just sprint up to an enemy and dispatch them quickly, sort of like the knife attacks in splinter cell where they were instakills. It would just be so awesome for 47 to rush a dude, instakill him, take his pistol and insta kill some more dudes with it. (by dynamic kills I mean strangle enemies with their own ties, that sort of thing) Also the ability to do things like faux-surrender would be so freaking awesome, the enemies would surround 47 then he could grab the weapon out of one of their hands and point and shoot all enemies around him.

robm_2007
29th Jan 2012, 08:34
Could be used as a weapon, but I would like to see a mop. If you violently kill someone, and they bleed a puddle of blood, you should be able to clean it up so that people dont get alarmed. The same thing when you are dragging them, as seen in BM, their bodies often left a trail of blood. Cleaning that up would be a good way to keep your prescience better hidden.

And if you just want to beat someone with the mop, that should be allowed, too :p

halvars90
29th Jan 2012, 12:38
Yeah totally. Being able to clean up the blood is something I have thought of for ages.

Always remeberd sometimes in blood money after killing some people, or just one guy the place can become a bloodymess. And the guards dont notice anything.

They should make the guards alearted to blood + that you can clean it up. that makes it far more intresting. Then its not just about to kill the person and get rid if they body, becuse then you have to think it trough and try to kill them without bloodshed or find a way to get tide of the blood, before anyone comes a long.

kameronbc21
1st Feb 2012, 22:50
weapons
a large arrray of hanguns all customizeable with lasers and silencers and nicknacks and the sort. in blood money there were some decent weapons and upgrades but there is no way most of that stuff cost what they were asking. more "envoromental" weapons or weapons of oppertunity. knives/blades should be added...some times you want to shoot sometimes you wanna stab. i would say knives and thingsof this nature should be added for the killer who likes to get closer.

ad far as tactics some of you guys have had some good ideas. mimicking is also a good idea. say you take the uniform of a police officer you should be able to perform certain tasks that he may do... or the waiter idea.

nonprofitkilla
1st Feb 2012, 23:10
Also please bring back the P220 from Contracts. That is now my favorite handgun in that game.

And yes, the ability to remove suppressors off of guns and have more then a few customizable guns

MrAtmea
2nd Feb 2012, 10:58
I would like to see that all guns can be placed in a suitcase, and not just the sniper rifle.

That way, I can go to the toilet, unpack my shotgun and go crazy in the middle of a crowded room.:D

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
15th Feb 2012, 12:28
Tactics:
While disguised, being able to interact with other people. For example, asking them to follow you if you're of the same condition, or arresting them if you're an authority, so you can lead them somewhere else and deal with them more easily.