PDA

View Full Version : DE:HR rude words

Bullet dodger
15th Nov 2011, 01:56
Hello...

I have a version what is 16+ (bought it from N.Z) would be 15+ if I bought it home Au. I know other countries selling the game in 18+ so I like to know...
Does Adam or other caracters swear in the game? Reason I ask because I heard him swear only once in the game ( when I died) and once in the Missing link. Don't get me wrong, last thing I would enjoy in the game to hear swear and/or rude words. I don't think the game's dialouge written for harsh language I am just curious.

EricaLeeV
15th Nov 2011, 01:58
Yes there are occasional swear words (usually from people other than Adam but he does say a few at times) but I'm pretty sure that rating is there for other reasons.

For instance, in Japan they censored out the beginning part where you could see Adam's guts and the sex toys that appear in some places.

Bullet dodger
15th Nov 2011, 02:28
but I'm pretty sure that rating is there for other reasons.

Now I thinking what else left out or restricted in my version...:(

Zoet
15th Nov 2011, 03:30
Australian editions only ever really edit out gore and drug use, and I'm fairly sure there would have been a lot of online noise about it if the Australian version was censored. There is plenty of swearing in DX:HR. I am sensitive to it as I have to try and avoid swearing, or playing games containing it in front of my youngest brother.

Bullet dodger
15th Nov 2011, 04:29
Australian editions only ever really edit out gore and drug use

Unfortunately I can not compare the blood and gore with other version. Would be silly to ask ppl who played the 18+ to describe the amout of blood gashing out of the body if Adam stabed/slashed them or any limbs flying around during attacks :(

and I'm fairly sure there would have been a lot of online noise about it if the Australian version was censored.

You said it is quite a lot swearing going on in the game, that is a good confirmation for me, my version (16+) is cesored on bad use of language as well.

Zoet
15th Nov 2011, 05:05
Unfortunately I can not compare the blood and gore with other version. Would be silly to ask ppl who played the 18+ to describe the amout of blood gashing out of the body if Adam stabed/slashed them or any limbs flying around during attacks :(

You said it is quite a lot swearing going on in the game, that is a good confirmation for me, my version (16+) is cesored on bad use of language as well.

I'm 99.9% sure that only the Japanese version was censored, and then only for the things that Erica said. Not all games get censored in Australia, and the UK version (which I own) is also 15+. Just because a game is rated 15+ in Australia and is 18+ overseas doesn't even mean the AU version is censored, Fallout 3 being an example of this. It's not like DX:HR is a particularly gory or high impact game, there is no dismemberment etc. The swearing is there, but mostly from enemies in combat.
Its not like there is some XXX version of the game out there; full of sex, drugs and rock'n'roll which we are all missing out on ;)

Bullet dodger
15th Nov 2011, 12:33
Its not like there is some XXX version of the game out there; full of sex, drugs and rock'n'roll which we are all missing out on ;)

I am not into tripleX games, but I know from fact some game in Australia restricted so we play a 'lighter version' of it. My original question was " is there any swearing in DE:HR " because if it is ( more then 2 what I picked up on ) then I got the restricted version.

jeyeichkey
15th Nov 2011, 12:41
Japanese version and European must be the same. They have the same region code anyway. Because my version is censored. ...just stupied.. If ever a kid would gain a copy of a violent game that would be through parents or older friends. The stores around here doesn't sell to kiddies.

Bullet dodger
15th Nov 2011, 12:53
ACB: MA 15+ (Australian Classification Board)
BBFC: 15 (British Board of Film Classification)
CERO: Z (Computer Entertainment Rating Organization)
ESRB: M (Entertainment Software Rating Board)
OFLC: R16 (Office of Film and Literature Classification (New Zealand)
PEGI: 18 (Pan European Game Information)
USK: 18 (Unterhaltungssoftware Selbstkontrolle)

I find this rating concerning on DX:HR. The differences made me curious about a restrictions variations.

Teeebs
28th Nov 2011, 07:45
Damn, we're worried about coarse language in a game where you can indiscriminately kill people in all kinds of brutal ways....:rolleyes:

jeyeichkey
28th Nov 2011, 12:53
@teeebs
Indeed. One could think that would be a greater issue, but that dosn't seem to be the case.

s.pasanen
28th Nov 2011, 13:08
Damn, we're worried about coarse language in a game where you can indiscriminately kill people in all kinds of brutal ways....:rolleyes:

Reminds me of that guy who played the "demo" before the release and was furious because there was blasphemy in the game. For him/her somebody in the game saying "Oh my god" is the most horrible thing there is. I mean, the guy literally stole a game (yes unfinished game but still) and then complains about blasphemy in it? How weird is that!

Darnel
28th Nov 2011, 22:29
Guys, we all know murder is just fine. It is CURSE WORDS and NUDITY that are EVIL and CORRUPT the minds of our children! WE MUST SHIELD OURSELVES FROM NAUGHTY WORDS AND PERFECTLY NATURAL BODIES! FOR AMERICA

Bullet dodger
6th Dec 2011, 13:24
Damn, we're worried about coarse language
I personally not worry about if any or plenty swearing in the game. I can ignore it if I don't like it.

[QUOTE]indiscriminately kill people in all kinds of brutal ways....:rolleyes:
This is a first- person- shooter game ( mostly) When I bought the game I totally understood I will play a game where I can pull the trigger or zap another human kind, and yes, this is brutal and aggressive. :eek: Also I can choose a 'nicer' way to deal with my enemies. None leathal take downs. Not like this is any better when is comes to violence. These fact does not bother me, after all this is just a game.

The game industry would be in a deep trouble if we would only play games with fluffy bunnies or mystery puzzles what I have to admit played a few and find them quite entertaining also. :)