PDA

View Full Version : If you could only have one weapon...

Travis_IO
14th Nov 2011, 14:49
47 is cool because he's got loads of weapons at his disposal. But if you were forced to play the game with only one weapon, which would you prefer to have?

Personally, I'd take the SilverBallers - silenced of course!

Xcom
14th Nov 2011, 15:52
Single silenced SilverBaller. :D

BigBoss
14th Nov 2011, 17:19
I actually always go in barehanded, there's something thrilling about getting all weapons on site and that all you needed to win was already in the level. Veeeeeery few games even attempt this. But if I had to choose something, I'd go with a single silenced SilverBaller. Never been a fan of akimbo.

Xcom
14th Nov 2011, 17:37
Hm.. yes, considering a hitman may end up in places equipped with metal detectors, the only logical and reliable "weapon" would probably be his fiber wire. :scratch:

BigBoss
14th Nov 2011, 20:07
Or his hands. I'm glad they FINALLY made him lethal at close range instead of that ugly disarm, headbutt, 2 punch combo.

shobhit777777
15th Nov 2011, 05:04

:thumb:

Nothing cooler then operating with a silenced handgun. Single, precise headshots....awesome

Travis_IO
15th Nov 2011, 09:12
I'd definitely prefer to go with the Dual Ballers.

There's something awesome about ducking out of a fire fight, reloading BOTH pistols and then taking out a few targets to silence the room with both arms outstretched. Mostly it is the reload animation.

Maybe that's just me.

Xcom
15th Nov 2011, 16:15
Dual guns will ruin your Silent Assassin rating because you'll fire two bullets. I mean.. I still have that mindset inherited from previous games.

This is how I prefer to roll in Hitman. :D

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/6138/hitmannewlife33ko.jpg

Silenced Silverballers
15th Nov 2011, 19:51
My forum name.

BeardedHoplite
16th Nov 2011, 01:39
It depends on the situation. I generally like to use knives, one of my few complaints about Blood Money was that if 47 wanted to use knives, he'd have to find them on-site. But back in Contracts, I'd use blades almost exclusively. They're like the silenced Hardballers, quiet and almost always a one-hit kill.

Travis_IO
16th Nov 2011, 08:28
Dual guns will ruin your Silent Assassin rating because you'll fire two bullets. I mean.. I still have that mindset inherited from previous games.

This is how I prefer to roll in Hitman. :D

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/6138/hitmannewlife33ko.jpg

Silent Assassin for sure. Although 23 accidents is more like Suspicious Assassin

BigBoss
16th Nov 2011, 09:05
It was probably that darn grill

Acid_Burn
16th Nov 2011, 09:36
I'm still hesitating. A silenced silverballer sounds really good, but on the other hand fiber wire is more like a classic. :)

Travis_IO
16th Nov 2011, 14:29
So either the Ballers, fibre wire or knives.

Clearly everybody wants to keep silent as a Hitman.

f4rsight
16th Nov 2011, 15:44
I like to think like Léon in that Luc Besson film. When he start to teach Mathilda he says something like "The rifle is the first weapon you learn how to use, because it lets you keep your distance from the client. The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn", so close combat is my choice [not that im thinking of me being pro lol] i like sneaky approach. So fibre wire or knives or whatever close cobat weapon is in game, there was some kind of non lethal injection if i remember correctly [didnt played any Hitman game for some time]

PsychoNite
17th Nov 2011, 16:04
i choose... LEATHER GLOVES! the ultimate tool for strangulation and innocently knocking people off cliffs AND leaves no fingerprints!

BUY YOUR SET OF MR. 47 LEATHER GLOVES FOR A ONE TIME PAYMENT OF $99.99

HIGH QUALITY!!!

Xcom
17th Nov 2011, 18:49
It was probably that darn grill

The pool, actually. It was quite deadly because anyone who fell there drowned instantly. I also had a picture with 20 or so bodies floating in the pool but, unfortunately, imageshack deleted it for some reason.

BigBoss
17th Nov 2011, 19:00
How did you get everyone in there? Don't tell me it was all coin throwing....

Xcom
17th Nov 2011, 19:14
KO them first, then drag the body into the pool where they would die.

keeperr
17th Nov 2011, 20:17
I would take dual silverballers, silenced. Then i could get away with using just the one.
No laser, no scope, just silencers... Maybe a bigger clip.

BigBoss
17th Nov 2011, 20:26
KO them first, then drag the body into the pool where they would die.

I had no idea that counts as an "accident"

Xcom
17th Nov 2011, 20:53
IIRC, that was the only way to kill the main target by means of an accident. If you played on a console, you could push him off the stairs which resulted in an accident, but on a PC, that method didn't work (don't actually know why). So you had to KO him, and then drag him to one of the pools.

BigBoss
17th Nov 2011, 21:07
Yeah, I play 360

Travis_IO
18th Nov 2011, 08:39
I would take dual silverballers, silenced. Then i could get away with using just the one.
No laser, no scope, just silencers... Maybe a bigger clip.

Congratulations on your 47th post. ;)

I'd take the laser attachment I think.

But the more I think about it, not having access to the fibre wire would annoy me.

matteume
18th Nov 2011, 22:37

:thumb: :)

Nogarda
19th Nov 2011, 17:34
Syringes. Etorphine (M99) the crap out of annoying guards and a use a double hit of M99 to reduce struggling, and then pump the target with an unnatural amount of snake venom under the tongue causing death before you can even extract, if the impending heart attack doesn't get the target, the swelling from the injection site will cause suffocation, and because the target is already out cold they can't do a thing to prevent it, and even if a guard discovers them before they die, they have no way to know what it is that is afflicting thier boss.

I play WAY too much hitman.

iNeedzHelp
20th Nov 2011, 23:29
Either double silenced ballers with laser pointer or fiber wire. Both are classics really..

21st Nov 2011, 17:13
I a sniper rifles with a briefcase, or maybe some sort of custom assault rifle with a scop in a briefcase.

rider202
23rd Nov 2011, 11:13
Trusty fibre wire is all i've ever needed, but what I really love to kill most with: My surroundings

Shadow47
28th Nov 2011, 03:03
Silenced Ballers are awesome, but get detected by....metal detectors. Fiber wire comes in handy there.

One thing that I'm really liking about the improvements is the new introductions of hand-to-hand combat. Weapons are no longer a real need to take someone down. The new maneuverability is amazing too. The crouching and stealth movement is great. Both of those were basically nonexistent in previous games, and needed.

The use of improvised weapons was amazing too. That just helps you and doesn't leave you empty handed....even though you can still be a weapon empty handed. ;)

If I had to play the game with one weapon, the W 2000 rifle would be the choice. You can keep distance. It was able to be broken down into a case that was undetectable as you passed metal detectors as well. It was quiet and had changeable parts too.

john1993
30th Nov 2011, 10:08
the easiest is silenced pistol
but still hitman would use wire

Shadow47
2nd Dec 2011, 10:29
Silenced pistols are the easiest to conceal. It all depends on where you are.

imported_Core_
4th Dec 2011, 05:33
My three favorite weapons are the fiber wire, silenced silverballer and the briefcase sniper rifle. Although if I have to only have one, it's the fiber wire.

Shadow47
5th Dec 2011, 11:54
I would use the fiber wire if rifles or pistols weren't an available option. It's up close and silent. I'm always for the rifle though.

Travis_IO
6th Dec 2011, 09:22
From my quick calculations, we have so far:

1 Baller - 4
2 Ballers - 4
Fibre Wire - 4
Sniper - 2
Knives - 1
Syringes - 1
Leather Gloves - 1
Swimming Pool Massacres - 1

That leaves a 3-way tie for the top spot but with one undecided voter...

I'm still hesitating. A silenced silverballer sounds really good, but on the other hand fiber wire is more like a classic. :)

Acid_Burn
6th Dec 2011, 10:09
Ok, count my choice as ballers.

mcescher1
6th Dec 2011, 20:41
fiber wire is always a good choice.. silenced pistol is super sweet when undetected.. a bong, lol for +points for 'bong hits' but my choice...

ice pick... easily concealable .. deadly.. kind of hillarious ... like joe pesci in 'good fellas'

Shadow47
8th Dec 2011, 11:06
I don't thing I would want to play an entire Hitman game with a bong as a weapon. :lol: Even an ice pick. Those aren't real weapons, just improvised items used as a weapon.

Those improvised weapons ideas are great though. :cool:

Rhamka
12th Dec 2011, 00:49
fiberwire, if u mean fireweapons only, then silverballer, but just one, I prefer the old style

EricFong
12th Dec 2011, 12:49
WA2000 in the case + Silverballerw/silencer.

Take out who's in your way up close, then switch to sniper rifle to take out long range target.

But since that.

I will just go for single silverballer with silencer

Senord
12th Dec 2011, 13:01
Piano wire !!

This is Hitman basics :eek:

Barez
19th Dec 2011, 21:49
Silenced silverballer all the time!

omega77
20th Dec 2011, 14:35
I'd use environmental weapons. or the wire.

Shadow47
20th Dec 2011, 19:00
I liked how things got creative in Blood Money. You could make "accidents" happen. I would also take that route if possible. That's the silent assassin way.

Barez
20th Dec 2011, 19:24
U can shoot targets in the head wth silence and still get SA achieve, not necessary accidents make u have SA, in fact that's not even logical to get SA achieve with accidents.. who thinks it's a personal hit if he fell from the stairs ? :p

Shadow47
20th Dec 2011, 20:53
Which way is better though? An accident or a bullet?

omega77
21st Dec 2011, 19:11
I thought the whole point was to be like you where never there. thats why it looks like an accident, but one created by you.

Barez
21st Dec 2011, 19:37
Then you should get the Title 'The Ghost' but no SA by accidents ;)

romcombo
22nd Dec 2011, 23:41
I am debating over Poison or fiber wire.........

Pinto00
23rd Dec 2011, 00:54
these are the three that I normally used:
1-silenced silverballer
2-Tactical SMG (silenced)
3-SLP.40.S

imported_Ice_man
9th Jan 2012, 14:51
ballers silenced or syringes

CrashB97
17th Jan 2012, 14:09
I'm thinking Fibre Wire, other weapons: pistols, kitchen knives, bongs :) are easily procure on site.

sublime90
26th Jan 2012, 02:42
yeah silenced silverballers for sure. that is agent 47

NeoPhoenix
11th Feb 2012, 20:52
Silenced Pistol - no scope, no laseraim, no extended magazine. And only one of them I think the doubles are much overpowered... Through thats classic I´m also in favour with the kitchen knife (love to throw it but it sucks you can´t recieve it after killing an enemy)