PDA

View Full Version : Foxiests of the hounds is number based?

paperrockbazooka
13th Nov 2011, 08:22
Went through Deus Ex: HR making sure to get smooth operator on every point possible but i did not get the achievement. I am wondering if I did not get the achievement because I never did the side mission that came with Deus Ex: HR explosive pack named "You scratch my back and i will scratch yours" which I entirely skipped because I did not know how to trigger it.

Do you get the achievement simply by getting the smooth operator/silver tongue bonus in every mission you participate until the end or does the game require a certain number of smooth operator acquired before you finish the game?

Romeo
13th Nov 2011, 08:59
You're asking if it's one thing or the same thing. To get Foxiest of the Hounds you need to get smooth operator on every single mission you partake in. One notable example that tends to screw people over is that if you talk your way in to the precinct, you've automatically failed it.

Kodaemon
13th Nov 2011, 09:13
You're asking if it's one thing or the same thing. To get Foxiest of the Hounds you need to get smooth operator on every single mission you partake in. One notable example that tends to screw people over is that if you talk your way in to the precinct, you've automatically failed it.

This is very definitely false. I talked my way in, and I got Foxiest. So, you don't have to get the SO there. I also don't have the DLC.

gyron
13th Nov 2011, 13:11
Went through Deus Ex: HR making sure to get smooth operator on every point possible but i did not get the achievement.
First, check the list here (http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Foxiest_of_the_Hounds) and see if you indeed got all bonuses. The tricky ones are:

Place the C4 on Administrator Wang's Desk (it can be earned, but it's not displayed on screen)
Disable the Signal Jammer (optional and easy to miss)

I am wondering if I did not get the achievement because I never did the side mission that came with Deus Ex: HR explosive pack named "You scratch my back and i will scratch yours" which I entirely skipped because I did not know how to trigger it.
The DLC quest is given automatically after you speak with Tong and it can't be skipped because it's a main story mission. If you have bought the Explosive pack but haven't activated it, then it may be the cause of your problem.

paperrockbazooka
13th Nov 2011, 17:32
First, check the list here (http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Foxiest_of_the_Hounds) and see if you indeed got all bonuses. The tricky ones are:

Place the C4 on Administrator Wang's Desk (it can be earned, but it's not displayed on screen)
Disable the Signal Jammer (optional and easy to miss)

The DLC quest is given automatically after you speak with Tong and it can't be skipped because it's a main story mission. If you have bought the Explosive pack but haven't activated it, then it may be the cause of your problem.

Yes, I was aware of the guide at Deus Ex Wiki and followed it completely (except the DLC mission). Also knew about the c4 glitch.

I know i have the explosive pack dlc activated because when i started the game i got the thank you note + the extra weapons and money. Maybe I am missing a step to activating the DLC mission? During the second round at Hengsha, I just ran straight for Tong's room underground. After the CG of him getting operated on he gives me the quest to sneak in and plant the c4 but he does not mention his son. I tried talking to him right after the dialogue but he doesnt say anything.

I am thinking more and more that I did not get the achievement because I didn't do this extra mission

No, i am not asking the same thing and furthermore you can still get foxiest of the hounds through silver tongue; its been confirmed multiple times.

gyron
13th Nov 2011, 18:48
I know i have the explosive pack dlc activated because when i started the game i got the thank you note + the extra weapons and money. Maybe I am missing a step to activating the DLC mission?

During the second round at Hengsha, I just ran straight for Tong's room underground. After the CG of him getting operated on he gives me the quest to sneak in and plant the c4 but he does not mention his son. I tried talking to him right after the dialogue but he doesnt say anything.

Are you sure you have the Explosive Mission pack and not only the Tactical Enhancement pack? TE pack gives 2 weapons at the start + extra money. EM pack gives only 4 UR-DED at the beginning, but you should also find them throughout the game (in addition to AUD). If you can find UR-DED and AUD, but do not get the mission from Tong then it's most likely a DLC bug.

If you have steam version, check the DLC tab (right click on DXHR in library menu -> Properties -> DLC). If EM pack is not listed there try activating it again.

Also, how did you get the DLC? If you played the game without DLC, then bought it and started the game anew, your old savegame files may conflict with it.

paperrockbazooka
13th Nov 2011, 19:40
Are you sure you have the Explosive Mission pack and not only the Tactical Enhancement pack? TE pack gives 2 weapons at the start + extra money. EM pack gives only 4 UR-DED at the beginning, but you should also find them throughout the game (in addition to AUD). If you can find UR-DED and AUD, but do not get the mission from Tong then it's most likely a DLC bug.

If you have steam version, check the DLC tab (right click on DXHR in library menu -> Properties -> DLC). If EM pack is not listed there try activating it again.

Also, how did you get the DLC? If you played the game without DLC, then bought it and started the game anew, your old savegame files may conflict with it.

You are absolutely right. I actually have the Tactical Enhancement Pack. I am not sure what happened than since I made sure to get every single smooth operator bonus following the wiki. My best guess at this point is that I did not get the smooth operator bonus mission during the c4 objective but never knew about it since it doesnt show it or maybe its a game glitch.

gyron
13th Nov 2011, 21:47
If you have the savegames, you can check the SO for C4 objective by comparing the XP levels before you plant the C4 and after you arrive at Singapore. Ideally it should increase by 1750 = Completing objective (1000) + Ghost (500) + SO (250). If it increases by 1500 or 1000, then you can easily see what bonus you have missed.

paperrockbazooka
13th Nov 2011, 22:33
If you have the savegames, you can check the SO for C4 objective by comparing the XP levels before you plant the C4 and after you arrive at Singapore. Ideally it should increase by 1750 = Completing objective (1000) + Ghost (500) + SO (250). If it increases by 1500 or 1000, then you can easily see what bonus you have missed.

I don't have a save file on the exact spot before the completion of the c4 mission but i remember I calculated the xp afterwards and it came out to be a number above 1500 but below 1750 which i found to be weird but did not put much thought into at the time. I am gonna try another run from second time at Hengsha though.

Does anybody know if there is a way to see the stats of a saved file to figure out exactly what the number of smooth operator achieved so far and such? There must be a way.