PDA

View Full Version : Adam and Pritchard...

Bullet dodger
10th Nov 2011, 04:20
Hi...

It migh been asked/talked about before but I don't find a tread so I here is my question...

Does Adam and Pritchard have homosexual interest in each other? I played the game trhough, did I missed the atmosphere between them pointing into this direction?

I find so many fan art or short novel about them over the internet in intimate situation, it is start to make me realy annoyed. I like Adam and His story so I reject any thought other then Adam and Megan, but it is possible I am just 'blinded' and there is something?

EricaLeeV
10th Nov 2011, 04:41
First off, welcome to the internet? People are going to pair anyone with everything, genderbend, and do whatever they like because it's the internet.

Their relationship in the game is as you interpret it. Others just interpret things differently is all. It's an artistic medium; things like that will happen and people may project onto it too.

If you really want to reach, it's the future. Culture's (at least in America) view on homosexuality has greatly changed over the last decade alone. Who is to say what the future will bring in terms of your average individual's sexuality?

IdiotInAJeep
10th Nov 2011, 04:54
Hi...

It migh been asked/talked about before but I don't find a tread so I here is my question...

Does Adam and Pritchard have homosexual interest in each other? I played the game trhough, did I missed the atmosphere between them pointing into this direction?

I find so many fan art or short novel about them over the internet in intimate situation, it is start to make me realy annoyed. I like Adam and His story so I reject any thought other then Adam and Megan, but it is possible I am just 'blinded' and there is something?

http://myfacewhen.com/84/

zenstar
10th Nov 2011, 10:25
"Slash fiction is a genre of fan fiction that focuses on the depiction of romantic or sexual relationships between fictional characters of the same sex.[1][2] While the term was originally restricted to stories in which male media characters were involved in an explicit adult relationship as a primary plot element, it is now often used to refer to any fan story containing a pairing between same-sex characters, although many fans distinguish the female-focused variety as a separate genre commonly referred to as femslash. The characters are usually not engaged in such relationships in their respective fictional universes.[3]"
source: Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slashfic)

Welcome to the internet. You can find almost anything you want here (and a lot of things you don't want).
Also remember: Rule 34. No Exceptions! (http://xkcd.com/305/)

jeyeichkey
10th Nov 2011, 10:38
Yeah, they get married in the end.

auric
10th Nov 2011, 10:59
Yeah, they get married in the end.

While Megan & Malik (M&M) fly off in the sunset.
:D

zenstar
10th Nov 2011, 11:53
While Megan & Malik (M&M) fly off in the sunset.
:D

Now there's some DLC ideas!
We demand DX:HR - hot neuropyzene patch!
:nut:

ilweran
10th Nov 2011, 14:35
It didn't occur to me when I was playing the game, but it doesn't bother me and I can see why other people see more to their bickering than I did - I don't go around pairing people up in my head. Well except for Samus Aran and Master Chief. And GLaDOS & SHODAN.

I do think it would be great in a way if it were to be in a sequel though. Gay rights & equality and all that, but I'm guessing that, sadly, it would do bad things to sales.

zenstar
10th Nov 2011, 15:31
It didn't occur to me when I was playing the game, but it doesn't bother me and I can see why other people see more to their bickering than I did - I don't go around pairing people up in my head. Well except for Samus Aran and Master Chief. And GLaDOS & SHODAN.

I do think it would be great in a way if it were to be in a sequel though. Gay rights & equality and all that, but I'm guessing that, sadly, it would do bad things to sales.

Slashfic doesn't need any encouragement. I don't think there was anything more to the bickering (nothing intended) other than the 2 don't get along much at all (and if you manage to read Pritchard's emails there's a subtle reason why Pritchard wouldn't like an ex-cop... [the email where he's informed that his tv show idea is rejected]).

Not that I'd have any issue with various kinds of relationships, but as you say it'd likely impact sales if the relationship wasn't *massive airquotes* normal (whatever normal is nowadays).

I'd suggest making the love interest a selection (m/f) but the cost of having a male and femal model for all the cutscenes and then rerecording all the voice acting wouldn't really be well spent.

I'm sure there are plenty of women who don't mind playing a male lead character who has a love interest in another woman. And there are probably plenty of gay men who don't mind playing a character with a straight love interest. It's a story and it's not going to suddenly change your sexual preference. I just wish everyone saw it from that point of view, but we're not at utopia yet.

ilweran
10th Nov 2011, 16:41
Well, now the thought is in my head they do sound a bit like an old married couple, especially towards the end of the game :D

Some of the fanart is quite amusing but I don't read fan fiction of any sort really - I did read something once that was just disturbing and a vague acquaintance of a friend reads it, a lot - obsessively even - and that put me off. Much of it seems like poorly written wish fulfilment and I could write that for myself if I really wanted to read it.

It just would be nice to have main character in a game who was gay, and Adam must have been badly hurt by Megan. Probably would have put him off women...

EricaLeeV
10th Nov 2011, 16:43
I'm sure there are plenty of women who don't mind playing a male lead character who has a love interest in another woman. And there are probably plenty of gay men who don't mind playing a character with a straight love interest. It's a story and it's not going to suddenly change your sexual preference. I just wish everyone saw it from that point of view, but we're not at utopia yet.

I know, I am always amazed when I hear guys with enough courage to say they played the Female Shepard in Mass Effect and made her have a male love interest. Amazed.

I know someone has said it before but again, why no guy hookers on the streets? It's a reality, they are out there (and not so hard to find either). *sigh* I guess I can understand if Eidos Montreal is afraid to push the envelope like that though, but Fallout and Just Cause 2 did it if I recall.

Zoet
10th Nov 2011, 19:44

Am I just incredibly naive, or is it actually very common for women to play a male lead character as gay??? I's something that I've personally never really had the desire to do, but it probably just comes down to how one approaches 'role-playing' in games.

As to gay characters in DX:HR, I'd initially had Malik pegged as a lesbian (despite her email suggesting otherwise), and If you want to see it that way, Pritchard could be canonically gay. And come to think of it, so could Sarif and Hugh Darrow. Their sexuality is never discussed (I think). For Adam on the other hand to eventually 'switch sides' (canonically) it wouldn't make much sense.
Ultimately, fan's imaginations are active enough without extra encouragement. It's funny how there doesn't seem to be much Adam/Megan fanart around though....:D

auric
10th Nov 2011, 19:55
Personally I don't like gay stories, for main characters anyway (side characters r fine)

When i read the Ultimate universe of Marvel, where 1 of them is made gay "officially" not fan fic.
He looks weird & made the other guy (who's not gay) look weirder.

Like, if Barney (the character not the actor) is the gay & his brother is the straight, that'll be so awkward.
200 gay hook ups. :gasp:
The jokes just won't be as great either.

auric
10th Nov 2011, 19:59
Adam gay, not my thing.

Now an alternate universe or taking Pritchard's words seriously.
If Adam were to have woken up looking like this, now that's interesting. :D

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/331/3/3/alternative_view_by_djdiversant-d33pcae.jpg

EricaLeeV
10th Nov 2011, 19:59
As to gay characters in DX:HR, I'd initially had Malik pegged as a lesbian (despite her email suggesting otherwise), and If you want to see it that way, Pritchard could be canonically gay. And come to think of it, so could Sarif and Hugh Darrow. Their sexuality is never discussed (I think). For Adam on the other hand to eventually 'switch sides' (canonically) it wouldn't make much sense.
Ultimately, fan's imaginations are active enough without extra encouragement. It's funny how there doesn't seem to be much Adam/Megan fanart around though....:D

Ha! I thought Malik was a lesbian too.

Since video games are an artistic medium players tend to project themselves onto the characters and since a lot of game players aren't gay they ASSUME the character's themselves are not as well even though it is never brought up. People and their comfort zones.

Yes there is a lack of Adam and Megan fanart out there. I, for one, would probably never draw it seeing as how their relationship went with one giving while another was 'distracted' most of the time.

Adam gay, not my thing.

Now an alternate universe or taking Pritchard's words seriously.
If Adam were to have woken up looking like this, now that's interesting. :D

....that's an...insteresting standard you have going there.

auric
10th Nov 2011, 20:03
....that's an...insteresting standard you have going there.

In terms of stories, not real life interests ;)

watched lots of shows with such situations, mostly from Animes.
Interesting to see their reactions.

EricaLeeV
10th Nov 2011, 20:04
In terms of stories, not real life interests ;)

watched lots of shows with such situations, mostly from Animes.
Interesting to see their reactions.

That actually explains a lot...

ilweran
10th Nov 2011, 20:34
Am I just incredibly naive, or is it actually very common for women to play a male lead character as gay??? I's something that I've personally never really had the desire to do, but it probably just comes down to how one approaches 'role-playing' in games.

I just go with whatever character I like best regardless of gender.

For Adam on the other hand to eventually 'switch sides' (canonically) it wouldn't make much sense.D

He could be bi. That's never explicitly ruled out.

EricaLeeV
10th Nov 2011, 20:41
Personally I don't like gay stories, for main characters anyway (side characters r fine)

When i read the Ultimate universe of Marvel, where 1 of them is made gay "officially" not fan fic.
He looks weird & made the other guy (who's not gay) look weirder.

Like, if Barney (the character not the actor) is the gay & his brother is the straight, that'll be so awkward.
200 gay hook ups. :gasp:
The jokes just won't be as great either.

That reminds me...I'm not sure if you are referring to X-men but you do understand that it's partially a big subtext for Gay/Lesbian rights (http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/team-nchick/nostalgia-chick/29866-x-men-the-animated-series)don't you?

auric
10th Nov 2011, 20:50
That reminds me...I'm not sure if you are referring to X-men but you do understand that it's partially a big subtext for Gay/Lesbian rights (http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/team-nchick/nostalgia-chick/29866-x-men-the-animated-series)don't you?

I understand about the rights in general, but I don't understand what ur trying to ask.

EricaLeeV
10th Nov 2011, 20:52
I understand about the rights in general, but I don't understand what ur trying to ask.

Just wondering if you were aware of it, that's all.

auric
10th Nov 2011, 21:01
Just wondering if you were aware of it, that's all.

ok :)
just so u know, even though I like female characters, there are some who will be considered weird too, if not portrayed properly or even if they were portrayed properly. :D

Bullet dodger
10th Nov 2011, 21:25
It just would be nice to have main character in a game who was gay, and Adam must have been badly hurt by Megan. Probably would have put him off women...

Then Adam should just hook up with Eliza...only person who realy cared for him.

EricaLeeV
10th Nov 2011, 21:27
Then Adam should just hook up with Eliza...only person who realy cared for him.

I assume this is a post in jest since you played it through you would know that would be impossible. Unless Adam were to somehow merge with her programming. That would be a form of 'hooking up'.

Olgerth Heidern
10th Nov 2011, 21:38
Win troll is made of win. *tips hat to Bullet dodger*

Though I like Auric's FemAJ picture. I'd buy her a drink. Or a Praxis kit, whatever.

EricaLeeV
10th Nov 2011, 21:43
Win troll is made of win. *tips hat to Bullet dodger*

Though I like Auric's FemAJ picture. I'd buy her a drink. Or a Praxis kit, whatever.

I'm pretty sure if she was not intentionally trolling... :rolleyes:

Also that picture is made by our resident poster Ives (http://forums.eidosgames.com/member.php?u=118657). She is a wonderful artist.

Bullet dodger
10th Nov 2011, 21:49
Pritchard could be canonically gay.

Probably he is but I still reckon he is knocking at the wrong door (Adam)

It's funny how there doesn't seem to be much Adam/Megan fanart around though

Sometimes I playing with the thoughts how to get them back together. Adam is a nice guy he will give a 2nd chance to Megan...:) An augmented individual and a science lady is a good match for the future 'project'...

Olgerth Heidern
10th Nov 2011, 21:51
I'm pretty sure if she was not intentionally trolling... :rolleyes:

Also that picture is made by our resident poster Ives (http://forums.eidosgames.com/member.php?u=118657). She is a wonderful artist.

Forgive me if I'm not entirely certain that a member with 11 posts just up and makes a potentially incendiary thread with completely innocent intentions ;) This is 2011, not 1990, after all.

And yes, I saw Ives' Deviantart gallery, some nice pieces there. Sometimes I wish I could draw.

jeyeichkey
10th Nov 2011, 21:53
Problem is that it's often straight people creating gay characters, which just makes it odd..

The reason why I see Adam as more of a gay person is not because he behaves like some feminine male. It's because he just doesn't seem to care about other females and his hard shell makes him more likely to be found in the back alley, sweetening his....vuvuzela. http://www.gagful.com/uploads/2011_11/1320678029_Free_Vuvuzela_Blow_Here_gag.jpg

jeyeichkey
10th Nov 2011, 21:54
Rooaaar! I did double post.. annoying.

Bullet dodger
10th Nov 2011, 22:03
QUOTE]I assume this is a post in jest since you played it through you would know that would be impossible. Unless Adam were to somehow merge with her programming. That would be a form of 'hooking up'.[/[/QUOTE]

I know I am pushing my luck and the bounderies but both has circuitboards or/and chip...and we know many thing can achived by triggering the brain only...

EricaLeeV
10th Nov 2011, 22:08
I know I am pushing my luck and the bounderies but both has circuitboards or/and chip...and we know many thing can achived by triggering the brain only...

Don't worry I understand ya. ;) I always thought it was adorable how Eliza kind of crushed on Adam. Reminds me of Ghost in the Shell.

If Eliza was to be a building block for future AI's then I can understand why Daedalus and Icarus seemed to have a robo-crush on JC.

jeyeichkey
10th Nov 2011, 22:19
Elizas personality been copied to Daedalus/Icarus? Wow, that would be quite interesting. Why are we discussing gender at all? :^)

EricaLeeV
10th Nov 2011, 22:23
Elizas personality been copied to Daedalus/Icarus? Wow, that would be quite interesting. Why are we discussing gender at all? :^)

Robots only want to know what we humans take for granted.

And sometimes to destroy all organic life and all of it's mistakes. :D

Bullet dodger
10th Nov 2011, 22:24
Why are we discussing gender at all?

Originaly I just wanted to know if Adam is gay or not.

But very interesting to see how ppl react and how far the subject goes...

jeyeichkey
10th Nov 2011, 22:30
@Bullet_dodger
Indeed. gender and sexual preferences are the new topic this era. If one talk and/or know something about the topic, one is cool.

ilweran
10th Nov 2011, 23:06
The reason why I see Adam as more of a gay person is not because he behaves like some feminine male. It's because he just doesn't seem to care about other females

We're not talking about a Ryo from Shenmue level of being oblivious to women though.

Bullet dodger
10th Nov 2011, 23:35
The reason why I see Adam as more of a gay person is not because he behaves like some feminine male.
Well...he is a smooth, tactical guy not like some pumped up redneck...

It's because he just doesn't seem to care about other females

Adam is on the mission to find Megan and the ppl who's involved in the kidnapping/attack, not out for the good hunt.
If I remember right though of the situation when he is at Zhao Yun Ru appartment just before she hops in the panic room as she circle him around hand on his chest, he has a split second weakness...

jeyeichkey
11th Nov 2011, 08:46
@Bullet_dodger
*haha* you are right, how could I have missed my favorite line in the entire game!? He sure was akward there. (I was pushing all the buttons on my controll at that time. Danger danger! How can't you see that!?) :^D
That must have just put more fuel to the flame for Adams more interest in men. They are less complicated.

Ilves
11th Nov 2011, 14:27
And yes, I saw Ives' Deviantart gallery

Somehow I doubt that. :rasp:

I have just one account there, but it's under another handle (http://sanjuuro.deviantart.com/). And as dead as a dodo.

EricaLeeV
11th Nov 2011, 15:45

I have just one account there, but it's under another handle (http://sanjuuro.deviantart.com/). And as dead as a dodo.

I thought so...

Ilves why you no draw no more??? *rage face*

lowenz
11th Nov 2011, 23:53
ALL must go in direction of Daedalus/Icarus, Hyron too :D

Eliza, Hyron, etc....

biofuel
13th Nov 2011, 19:56
Pritchard was just ridiculous. Caricature in every sense/awful voice actor.

Ilves
13th Nov 2011, 21:04
Pritchard was just ridiculous. Caricature in every sense/awful voice actor.

They just tried way too hard to make him an endearing prick. The actor really sounds fine when he's casually speaking.

And anyone else been tormented by Pritch's indefinable accent? Apparently it's Greek-Canadian (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DdjgYzu99o). :p

Ives why you no draw no more??? *rage face*

I'm leaving a trail of half-assed, unfinished pieces lately. Maybe it's the time of year? :/

Here's (http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/79/00onlyinnovels.jpg) one DX related from past month. Initial idea was inspired by the Chateau level: a reimagined Nico trailing after a partially off-screen JC, peeking through a freshly crumbled wall into the secret computer room. Yeah. I just totally lost touch with the original set up along the way. Not very Nicolette at all, really awkward, static pose, and again flat as hell... just bleh. Still dig the shoes though :D

sadmachine
13th Nov 2011, 21:59
Pritchard's voice reminded me of Rusty Venture, so of course I liked it.

avenging_teabag
14th Nov 2011, 08:28
The reason why I see Adam as more of a gay person is not because he behaves like some feminine male. It's because he just doesn't seem to care about other females
And he cares so much about other males? Does. not. compute. Besides, that's not exactly true - he can sorta flirt with Jenny Alexander, and there's that unfortunate Zhao penthouse scene that I wish with all my heart wasn't there. But whatever, it's just harmless Internet pastime, and not like any of the characters would mind because they're, well, fictional.

Anyway, the character that I've always thought as canonically gay is Windmill.

Olgerth Heidern
14th Nov 2011, 15:18

So this isn't you then? http://djdiversant.deviantart.com/

There's a couple of AJ's pictures in the gallery, and the FemAJ picture as well. The file name is alternative_view__eve_jensen_by_djdiversant-d33pcae.jpg, that's how I found the gallery.

Odd.

Anyway, as far as canonically gay characters go: Malik? She's got to be at least bi.

zenstar
14th Nov 2011, 16:18
So this isn't you then? http://djdiversant.deviantart.com/

There's a couple of AJ's pictures in the gallery, and the FemAJ picture as well. The file name is alternative_view__eve_jensen_by_djdiversant-d33pcae.jpg, that's how I found the gallery.

Odd.

Anyway, as far as canonically gay characters go: Malik? She's got to be at least bi.

You didn't read the comment on the pic did you?

Creator: Ilves
Uploaded by: DjDiversant

---
Alternative vision of alternative history.
Waking up from a nightmare she threw a short glance at the table: there, along with the scattered writings of antiquity, the 10-millimeter cartridges and a pack of cigarettes, waiting for her soothing - a bottle of good whiskey GoldTooti.

Still poorly coping with mechanical arms, she crushed a glass of whiskey.
I never asked for that, flashed through in the head of the protagonist of this story.

At this time on the stairs were heard loud footsteps
---

Jonathan Jacques-BelletĂȘte(DX:HR Art Director) personal response:
Holy crap! Another superb DXHR fan art! What if Adam Jensen had been a girl instead? Sexy! Congrats to the talented artist!

I love how the mood and the essence of the game world is very well captured through this new character and her posing.

Link: *removed*
---
Creator(Ilves) comments:
Something about my earlier piece didn't really sit well with me, so I gave it another shot. She doesn't look as mean as I feel she should, but for now I think I've exhausted this theme.
---

link goes to : http://jayjaybe.tumblr.com/post/1518777732/holy-crap-another-superb-dxhr-fan-art-what-if
which is where this person must have found the pic (that's an Eidos Montreal Employee's tumblr account btw iirc).

jeyeichkey
14th Nov 2011, 21:05
@avenging_teabag
Being gay one can indeed flirt with opposite sex to everyone elses dismay since that person isn't interested in the other person but to people outsed that might seem like starting of a relationship. Why do you "***hags" exsits? ;^P

EricaLeeV
14th Nov 2011, 23:55
@avenging_teabag
Being gay one can indeed flirt with opposite sex to everyone elses dismay since that person isn't interested in the other person but to people outsed that might seem like starting of a relationship. Why do you "***hags" exsits? ;^P

Yes, I have many gay friends who act flirtatious to just about everyone but it's just in their personality. It is usually meant as a way to compliment people.

As for that scene with Zhao in the penthouse....I agree with Avenging_teabag, that scene was very awkward. It seemed out of character for Adam (and allowed the devs a stupid reason for them to do that very dumb line 'men always underestimate women' and vise-versa herpaderpaderp), Adam obviously took Federova seriously when he faced her and in the DLC he treated the female commander with respect.

Really most everything to do with Zhao comes out so dumb. For me it is just EM trying to pull nostalgia strings with the original Deus Ex players.

Zoet
15th Nov 2011, 00:36
Yes, I have many gay friends who act flirtatious to just about everyone but it's just in their personality. It is usually meant as a way to compliment people.

As for that scene with Zhao in the penthouse....I agree with Avenging_teabag, that scene was very awkward. It kind of even seemed out of character for Adam (and allows the devs a stupid reason for them to do that very dumb line 'men always underestimate women' and vise-versa herpaderpaderp), Adam obviously took Federova seriously when he faced her and in the DLC he treated the female commander with respect.

Really most everything to do with Zhao comes out so dumb. For me it is just EM trying to pull nostalgia strings with the original Deus Ex players.

I know, I was like: 'Adam, seriously? you're stronger than that! Can't you see that she's evil?!!' Perhaps he just hadn't got laid in a while. But DX:HR's cutscene stupidity/out of character behaviour is nothing compared to, say, LA Noire, and it was actually for the most part consistent with how I played the character.

EricaLeeV
15th Nov 2011, 00:57
I know, I was like: 'Adam, seriously? you're stronger than that! Can't you see that she's evil?!!' Perhaps he just hadn't got laid in a while. But DX:HR's cutscene stupidity/out of character behaviour is nothing compared to, say, LA Noire, and it was actually for the most part consistent with how I played the character.

Aww I like how LA Noire handled it. One big story beat near the end though was very suspect...I like to end the game for myself before it happens but hey, it goes with the genre they were trying to portray. LA Noire is tied with Uncharted for best characterization and voice acting this year for me PERIOD.

THAT (LA Noire) was a game that took itself seriously and did it successfully. Devs better have taken notes.

Zoet
15th Nov 2011, 03:16
Aww I like how LA Noire handled it. One big story beat near the end though was very suspect...I like to end the game for myself before it happens but hey, it goes with the genre they were trying to portray. LA Noire is tied with Uncharted for best characterization and voice acting this year for me PERIOD.

THAT (LA Noire) was a game that took itself seriously and did it successfully. Devs better have taken notes.

The whole game annoyed me quite a bit. Yeah, the voice acting etc was brilliant, and it was the best part of the game.I was greatly vexed when Cole Phelps went with that German Lady, one minute I felt like I had some agency in what Phelps was doing, and then that happens. And also with how flimsy all the convictions were. There needed to be fewer, but more thorough cases. I actually quite liked how the bad guys weren't ever unmasked though.
We'll just have to agree to disagree. :flowers:

Human revolution isn't without those kind of moments (I'm very close to that Zhao scene again in my second playthrough), but for me it usually maintains the general illusion of giving the player control better.

On topic: does anyone else think that the devs missed a great opportunity when they didn't give you the chance to remark to Pritchard how the TV show was coming on? I cracked up after reading that, and I instantly loved the character. It would have been a memorable moment.

Olgerth Heidern
15th Nov 2011, 03:24
AJ didn't flirt with Zhao, and neither did he succumb to her feminine charms. He was just caught flat-footed because the terrifying "Dragon Lady" suddenly rolled over and started begging like a beaten dog. Plus, he was probably perplexed by the whole "I'm just hired help" line.

AJ might be a most excellent spy and a field agent, but up until that encounter he didn't even begin to suspect how deep the rabbit hole went. In fact, he didn't even know that there WAS a rabbit hole. I didn't get the impression that he was swooning over Zhao; it was simply a whole lot to process. Like it or not, sometimes our cogboy is a little slow on the uptake.

EricaLeeV
15th Nov 2011, 03:31
Yep, AJ is oblivious as hell.

Adam reads about Patient X in the office, Megan acts suspicious....same patient number as his LIMB clinic file...he doesn't need injections just like Patient X...he is treated special at Sarif Industries...and then it's all a big shock whenever Megan says she used him like she did. Ellipses.

Though you have to admit when they added that dumb 'men underestimate women' thing it was insinuating she was trying to work another side of Adam's thought processes. All that touching and stuff. Man I really dislike that scene.

Vasarto
15th Nov 2011, 04:42
No they do not and I have no idea what ever made you think like that.

They are colleges and nothing else. Later on in the game after working together for so long and the dire situation
that they are going through what you think is homosexual is nothing but both of them gaining respect for each other.

No where near the same thing and I have no clue where you got that vibe.

Perhaps it is an inner reflection of your most inner most desires that you are projecting outward and confusing it with
the situation of others? So in your confusion of what is in side yourself you seek to find it in others subconsciously as though you would want to discover it from yourself in the manner in which you think you are seeing it?

EricaLeeV
15th Nov 2011, 04:51
No they do not and I have no idea what ever made you think like that.

They are colleges and nothing else. Later on in the game after working together for so long and the dire situation
that they are going through what you think is homosexual is nothing but both of them gaining respect for each other.

No where near the same thing and I have no clue where you got that vibe.

Perhaps it is an inner reflection of your most inner most desires that you are projecting outward and confusing it with
the situation of others? So in your confusion of what is in side yourself you seek to find it in others subconsciously as though you would want to discover it from yourself in the manner in which you think you are seeing it?

Umm...she was just asking why there is stuff like that on the internet (assuming you are talking about the OP's post). And the answer is simply that...it's the internet. Plus this is an artistic medium and as such there are going to be different interpretations of things depending on the individual viewing it.

You don't need to go implying things like that.

Zoet
15th Nov 2011, 05:33
Yep, AJ is oblivious as hell.

Adam reads about Patient X in the office, Megan acts suspicious....same patient number as his LIMB clinic file...he doesn't need injections just like Patient X...he is treated special at Sarif Industries...and then it's all a big shock whenever Megan says she used him like she did. Ellipses.

From his perspective, he's got no reason to think that he's patient X, the special person at the heart of a conspiracy, or that initially there is even any conspiracy going on. All in all, I think he's just got some serious genre blindness, like a blonde in a slasher flick. ;)

EricaLeeV
15th Nov 2011, 05:42
From his perspective, he's got no reason to think that he's patient X, the special person at the heart of a conspiracy, or that initially there is even any conspiracy going on. All in all, I think he's just got some serious genre blindness, like a blonde in a slasher flick. ;)

Yeah AJ has the game protagonist's dilemma wherein he is not allowed to figure things out like an intelligent person might and instead must run the course of the plot. Don't want those precious cutscenes to lose drama. :p

avenging_teabag
15th Nov 2011, 05:58
@avenging_teabag
This is fun. So, Jensen doesn't pay attention to other women (besides Reed who is, like, the entire reason he's got on this wild goose chase), so he's gay, but he flirts with other women, so he's also gay. You know, pick one. :p There are a lot of people who like to think of fictional characters being in gay relationships because it's hot. No need to invent reasons for that.

He's got no reason to expect that, because he's a moron. Seriously, In the opening movie, when Megan says something like "But they'll want to know where I got those samples..." did anyone expect Jensen to at least ask "So, honey, WHERE did you get them?". Not reason enough to suspect a world-wide conspiracy, but any sane person with some working brain cells would think that there's something seriously hairy going on with this Patient X business. They missed the boat *by a mile* in a lot of these cutscenes. Growing pains, I hope.

ilweran
15th Nov 2011, 09:33
There's probably someone out there who never bothered to read anything in the game and was as oblivious as Adam to what was going on....

zenstar
15th Nov 2011, 10:26
He's got no reason to expect that, because he's a moron. Seriously, In the opening movie, when Megan says something like "But they'll want to know where I got those samples..." did anyone expect Jensen to at least ask "So, honey, WHERE did you get them?". Not reason enough to suspect a world-wide conspiracy, but any sane person with some working brain cells would think that there's something seriously hairy going on with this Patient X business. They missed the boat *by a mile* in a lot of these cutscenes. Growing pains, I hope.

Damn those Celeron brain augs. If only Sariff had shelled out for Quad-Core with full onboard cache, AJ would have solved the case so much quicker. :p

jeyeichkey
15th Nov 2011, 11:56
@avenging_teabag
*hehe* Don't have to invent, it's old school material for LGBT-people in general.

But on the other hand, one cannot say anything about Adams sexual preferences since he haven't said anything himself about the matter. Hes not even straight or sexual since he hasn't voiced it. (Well, I don't think he ever voices it in the game anyway..)

But it's fun to think about just listening to how conversations between characters evolve and take unexpected turns. Such as the conversation between Adam and Frank. Started out quite bitter, turned into something teasing and humorus and ended with caring and a bit tenderness which could be turned into exactly anything. In my mind it turned out to be Adam and Frank drinking beer togheter just chillin.

Bullet dodger
15th Nov 2011, 12:11
Umm....she was just asking why there is stuff like that on the internet

Thx Erica :flowers:

jeyeichkey
15th Nov 2011, 12:21
Am I the only male person in here that would think a sexual interest between Adam and Frank could be plausable? *_*;

ilweran
15th Nov 2011, 12:47
But on the other hand, one cannot say anything about Adams sexual preferences since he haven't said anything himself about the matter. Hes not even straight or sexual since he hasn't voiced it. (Well, I don't think he ever voices it in the game anyway..)

I think it's pretty safe to assume he's not 100% at the gay end of the spectrum given his relationship with Megan - though I believe that can be flexible and might just be a matter of meeting the right person.

jeyeichkey
15th Nov 2011, 12:59
@ilweran
Depends on the person, I would say. Some of my friends have told me that they one day just realized a woman would never just be quite right. They have had kids and there has been no visable problems in the family, non the less they sought out divorce and found themselves male partners instead. Nowadays they are calling themselves 100% gay despite the fact that they have been married and had kids. On the other hand I know people who are bisexual but they have never been with anyone of the same sex (or sometimes, very rare, the opposite).

What I'm trying to say is that it doesn't matter who one screws, it's all up to the person defining what that person feels like beeing. But then of course, if one is extreme it doesn't matter what one wants to call oneself if others already labered that person.

EricaLeeV
15th Nov 2011, 14:15
Thx Erica :flowers:

:friends:

Am I the only male person in here that would think a sexual interest between Adam and Frank could be plausable? *_*;

I'm not male but there certainly is more of a character arch/interaction between Adam and Frank than say...Adam and Malik; a pairing in which a lot of people seem to clutch to for dear life. And like many others before me have stated it IS plausible. It's the future, who knows how sexuality is going to be perceived by the general public at that time and Adam never specifically says he is against the idea of romance with another male (he is obviously fine with females as well). People just project onto him and assume his straightness, like most video game protagonists.

ilweran
15th Nov 2011, 14:26
@ilweran
Depends on the person, I would say. Some of my friends have told me that they one day just realized a woman would never just be quite right. They have had kids and there has been no visable problems in the family, non the less they sought out divorce and found themselves male partners instead. Nowadays they are calling themselves 100% gay despite the fact that they have been married and had kids. On the other hand I know people who are bisexual but they have never been with anyone of the same sex (or sometimes, very rare, the opposite).

What I'm trying to say is that it doesn't matter who one screws, it's all up to the person defining what that person feels like beeing. But then of course, if one is extreme it doesn't matter what one wants to call oneself if others already labered that person.

Which is why I said I believe it to be flexible and a spectrum rather than limited to gay straight or bi :) Personally I don't see why we get so wrapped up in labelling sexuality, or why some people get so concerned with what other consenting adults get up to.

Olgerth Heidern
15th Nov 2011, 14:41
I wouldn't call AJ a moron. He is what he is though: a soldier. Even though he does detective work in the game, his police background is tactical ops, not investigations. Right up until the game begins, he's never been "special". In fact, life told him, in very uncertain terms, that he is in fact nothing more than a disposable pawn. I wouldn't be surprised if he had some lingering psych issues over the "augmented kid" debacle, though he dealt with it better than Haas did.

Plus, in his worldview, if he WAS Patient X, he'd be poked and prodded and analyzed in Sarif's labs, not ordering security guards around. That's what you do with "important samples" if you are a scientist - right? And Megan - she'd never do that to him, right? So it just cannot be. Coincidences, that's all. Convenient coincidences, for sure - it's nice not to need Nu-Poz. But who has time for small stuff when the whole world is blowing up around you?

Anyway. Enough with Pritchard and AJ. Unless you're REALLY reaching, they are just two bullheaded dudes who grow a mutual sense of professional respect over the course of working together. Happens all the time, at least in the buddy cop comedies, sans buttplay.

Hot potentially bisexual Arab chicks are a much better subject. Now, if FemAJ was an option, I'd totally start "FemAJ and Malik..?" thread. And solicit artist backup from Ilves.

EricaLeeV
15th Nov 2011, 14:56
I wouldn't call AJ a moron. He is what he is though: a soldier. Even though he does detective work in the game, his police background is tactical ops, not investigations. Right up until the game begins, he's never been "special". In fact, life told him, in very uncertain terms, that he is in fact nothing more than a disposable pawn. I wouldn't be surprised if he had some lingering psych issues over the "augmented kid" debacle, though he dealt with it better than Haas did.

Plus, in his worldview, if he WAS Patient X, he'd be poked and prodded and analyzed in Sarif's labs, not ordering security guards around. That's what you do with "important samples" if you are a scientist - right? And Megan - she'd never do that to him, right? So it just cannot be. Coincidences, that's all. Convenient coincidences, for sure - it's nice not to need Nu-Poz. But who has time for small stuff when the whole world is blowing up around you?

I certainly call him a moron in the sense that every video game protagonist is like that these days. A soldier who doesn't think too hard so the plot can happen. How convenient.

Anyway. Enough with Pritchard and AJ. Unless you're REALLY reaching, they are just two bullheaded dudes who grow a mutual sense of professional respect over the course of working together. Happens all the time, at least in the buddy cop comedies, sans buttplay.

Hot potentially bisexual Arab chicks are a much better subject. Now, if FemAJ was an option, I'd totally start "FemAJ and Malik..?" thread. And solicit artist backup from Ilves.

Biased much? :rolleyes: I really hope you are joking because your continuous comments like these make you seem...well I shouldn't say.

Oh well you know what they say...opinions are like a**holes. Everyone has them.

jeyeichkey
15th Nov 2011, 14:57
@ilweran
Well, that's just something we humans are obsessed with. I have read alot of reports of homofobic violence and why the offender did what he/she did hit the victim. Common answer is "I just couldn't figure out if he liked women or men and that just stressed me out" or my favorite "Well, he seemed to be the typical gay person so we don't have alot in common. I mean, he probaby likes to talk about hand bags and such and that is not something I like to talk about." :^P
Don't ask me why those people said what they said in the quotes because that was not explained further in the reports.

So having this kind of discussion is not so strange to me. I think we all wants to get it out of our system whether Adam is straight, gay, bi or something else.. :^)

Edit;
after Erica pointed it out, I had to read it all, not just quick glance through it and thought *hahahaha* @Olgerth Heidern. That's something similar I have read in some reports too. That is, guys never seem to be able to have relationship with each other, but girls totally can, based on some males fantasies.. Yeah right :^P

ilweran
15th Nov 2011, 15:19
So having this kind of discussion is not so strange to me. I think we all wants to get it out of our system whether Adam is straight, gay, bi or something else.. :^)

I'm enjoying the discussion, it's interesting what different people see in a fictional character and some of the Adam & Pritchard fan art is amusing. If I'd known how much time I could waste at work looking at DeviantART I'd have signed up years ago :D

zenstar
15th Nov 2011, 15:37
People just project onto him and assume his straightness, like most video game protagonists.

I think we all wants to get it out of our system whether Adam is straight, gay, bi or something else.. :^)

I'm enjoying the discussion, it's interesting what different people see in a fictional character and some of the Adam & Pritchard fan art is amusing.
Adam is... whatever you want him to be. He's had a hetro relationship (Megan) in his past and he is a guy. From that point on you can fill in whatever character motivations you want to make you feel comfortable playing him since the game doesn't explicitly fill them in for you. And that's probably for the better. He's a great framework of a character to fill with your own choices.
Build up his augs how you want, choose the level of aggressiveness in play and conversation that makes you happy, have AJ be as hetro or as gay as you want him to be.

There will always be slashfic and fan art dedicated to the "what ifs". Nothing wrong with that. if you don't like it then noone is forcing you to read it. How you like to play your AJ is of no concern to how someone else likes to play theirs unless they're hanging over your shoulder telling you to try have sex with the car because "you're both machines now" ;)

Maybe AJ is mechanosexual?

jeyeichkey
15th Nov 2011, 15:45
@zenstar
hence my "something else" You catch on fast ;^)

ilweran
15th Nov 2011, 15:53
How you like to play your AJ is of no concern to how someone else likes to play theirs unless they're hanging over your shoulder telling you to try have sex with the car because "you're both machines now" ;)

Maybe AJ is mechanosexual?

Now all I can think of is Red Dwarf - human Kryten, the vacuum cleaner section in the electrical appliance catalogue & the double polaroid :D

Olgerth Heidern
15th Nov 2011, 15:54
Biased much? :rolleyes: I really hope you are joking because your continuous comments like these make you seem...well I shouldn't say.

You're right; you shouldn't. But yes, I am joking. All in good fun.

Sexuality in DXHR is such a non-issue that I find it amusing that it was brought up to begin with. Not everything boils down to sex (though modern US media would have us believe so). The biggest, question of the game is "Am I still human?", not "Can I screw him, her or it?" and it literally overshadows everything else.

AJ's got a much bigger proverbial fish to fry.

zenstar
15th Nov 2011, 16:02
@zenstar
hence my "something else" You catch on fast ;^)

Yeah :p
I'd have suggested he was a dendrophiliac except I can't recall seeing any trees in the game.

But those boxguards are pretty hot ^_^

EDIT:

Sexuality in DXHR is such a non-issue that I find it amusing that it was brought up to begin with. Not everything boils down to sex (though modern US media would have us believe so). The biggest, question of the game is "Am I still human?", not "Can I screw him, her or it?" and it literally overshadows everything else.
You speak madness! Surely the first thing you do in every game is try to sleep with every interactive object in the room? Except toasters... those things are clingy and have way too many emotional issues to warrant it.

jeyeichkey
15th Nov 2011, 16:26
@zenstar
Well, those boxguards might share the emotion. They are looking Adam from top to bottom and back again. Anything is possible ;^P

Toasters are evil.. I put a knife in one once. It flashed as crazy, swearing on five different languages I didn't know... or that might have been my parents freaking out from a distance. I dunno.

zenstar
15th Nov 2011, 17:04
Toasters are evil.. I put a knife in one once. It flashed as crazy, swearing on five different languages I didn't know... or that might have been my parents freaking out from a distance. I dunno.
The only thing you should ever stick into a toaster is bread... if you know what i mean *nudge nudge wink wink*

I mean you'll electrocute yourself sticking a knife in there if it's plugged in and if it's unplugged you could damage the elements and make it a fire hazard (or simply break it). :rasp:

avenging_teabag
15th Nov 2011, 17:08

AJ's got a much bigger proverbial fish to fry.
I don't see where's the harm in that. If games are ever going to become art, they are going to have to deal with these complex emotional issues - love and sex and romance included (but not limited to them, of course). It's certainly no less interesting than "Which gun is better?" or "Boss battles: let's count the ways in which they suck (again)". As for your two questions, they're not mutually exclusive, and never have been; ideally, they should enhance each other. In a way, it's a shame that the subplot with Megan turned out to be such a calamity: there was a real potential for something much more profound there.

As for the relationship between Jensen and Pritchard, the reasons for Pritchard's initial dislike are explained in the game quite well; maybe jensen just reciprocated, and it all evolved into a snark war/pissing contest. Due to both of them being reasonable adults, with time they came around and realized that they can trust each other and rely on each other, professionally. I don't see them ever becoming bosom buddies, however, let alone lovers.

ETA: Oh, and Jason Bourne killed a man with a toaster once. Those things are not to be trifled with.

EricaLeeV
15th Nov 2011, 20:28
Wait this has taken an odd turn...

I like it.

jeyeichkey
15th Nov 2011, 20:31
@Erica
You mean the deep conversation about Adams and Franks sexuality or the toaster-thingie?

EricaLeeV
15th Nov 2011, 20:55
The strange turn it took to suddenly loving inanimate objects...

jeyeichkey
15th Nov 2011, 21:20
Well yeah.. toaster. Didn't you know the boxguards are really big toasters? *smile convincingly*

EricaLeeV
15th Nov 2011, 21:22
That reminds me of another small complaint I have with the game. :C I wish there was more than just two kinds of aggressive robots.

I want like...four or five kinds next time. The box guards in particular were some of the coolest things to watch.

zenstar
16th Nov 2011, 10:17
That reminds me of another small complaint I have with the game. :C I wish there was more than just two kinds of aggressive robots.

I want like...four or five kinds next time. The box guards in particular were some of the coolest things to watch.

Yes. More robots! Especially sexy ones! :cool:

Bullet dodger
16th Nov 2011, 12:19
I wish there was more than just two kinds of aggressive robots.

Yes, more and with different attack / defence system.
Like flying robots so we have to look out what comes above not just eye level (guards, robots, turets). Also some small moving robots (something like in star wars. remember that small white 4 wheel running box robot, everybody was dodging it in a foyer?) Not bigger then knee level,even smaller. Set with explosive, either a 'suicidal robot' run into us and blow up or make the attached explosive pack catapults toward us from a close distance. What about some pods sitted in the ground, flash. When we come close to the parameters, pops out blasting bullets/metal pieces out.

jeyeichkey
16th Nov 2011, 12:48
*hehe* Remote controll to steer the robot into groups of enemies, push button - boom! Surprice!

ilweran
16th Nov 2011, 12:49
Yes. More robots! Especially sexy ones! :cool:

Female versions of the murderous protocol droids in System Shock 2 maybe? They could make seductive conversation while trying to get close enough to kill you.

zenstar
16th Nov 2011, 13:42
Female versions of the murderous protocol droids in System Shock 2 maybe? They could make seductive conversation while trying to get close enough to kill you.

Like getting mugged by a vending machine wearing frilly lingerie. :p

While some more bots would have been cool a lot of the suggestions are more something we'd see if we moved over to the Australian wars in the game. High explosive, remote control bots are not really what security or peacekeeping forces tend to use. Especially not in cities unless there's an active war going on. Especially especially not when trying to cover your tracks.

Nothing blows your cover like a big explosive drone with a giant pair of gattling guns hovering around.

EricaLeeV
16th Nov 2011, 16:19
Like getting mugged by a vending machine wearing frilly lingerie. :p

Yes. I wish someone would do an amazingly horrible photoshopped image of one attacking Jensen. They finally get their revenge.

A brilliant tactic. Someone would think it's an innocent vending machine and go to it for some munchies...then WHAM!

Bullet dodger
17th Nov 2011, 04:40
[QUOTE]Nothing blows your cover like a big explosive drone with a giant pair of gattling guns hovering around.

actually I was refering to what sort of other robots we should be facing in the future Deus ex games...not what we ( Adam or a lady version of the new agent) should use againts them. Obvious you not blow your cover...

jeyeichkey
17th Nov 2011, 08:22
Btw.. what happens to Pritchard after the ending of Human Revolution? Will he still work for Sarif Industries, or do he pursue his dream (the one on the computer)?
That's something I have ben wondering for a while now. Since he had a purpose in the game being the info-link for Adam. Of course, he's probably just one of those expendable characters that no one cares about after the story has ended. Shame, some characters are just intriguing.

zenstar
17th Nov 2011, 09:44
[QUOTE=zenstar;1708558]actually I was refering to what sort of other robots we should be facing in the future Deus ex games...not what we ( Adam or a lady version of the new agent) should use againts them. Obvious you not blow your cover...

I meant robots we're facing too.
Most of the places AJ is sneaking through are public buildings in highly populated areas. The people AJ is hunting are trying to keep undercover. FEMA is a peacekeeping (kinda) force as are the riot police guys we encounter.
Boxguards kinda fit the whole "watercannon" role for riot containment (even though they're a little more lethal) but anything more military would stand out and beg investigation.
If we were to take a trip out to some wartorn parts of the world or to some active warzones then there should be far more hardware around.

Think of the robots as armoured vehicles / tanks. Riot police will have an armoured personell carrier but won't be driving around with a full-blown tank. Similarly security forces working within a city will probably not have anything too hardcore around.

That being said, I'd like to see more bots and I think some rescue missions in central / southern America would be awesome. And you can always play up the political issues in some of the countries to introduce all sorts of hardware (revolutionaries / dictators / drug lords) with very little stretch of the imagination :)
Now there's some DLC idea for you.

EricaLeeV
17th Nov 2011, 16:17
Btw.. what happens to Pritchard after the ending of Human Revolution? Will he still work for Sarif Industries, or do he pursue his dream (the one on the computer)?
That's something I have ben wondering for a while now. Since he had a purpose in the game being the info-link for Adam. Of course, he's probably just one of those expendable characters that no one cares about after the story has ended. Shame, some characters are just intriguing.

Well a few things could happen....after all the drama at Sarif Industries Frank could do what a normal sane person might and go find another place of work. He could also find himself being very passionate about trying to stop the Illuminati and further enlighten himself with the truth and help Adam out when Adam himself might leave Sarif Industries. Pritchard could also just continue to work at Sarif Industries helping Adam out should Adam decide to stay there.

ilweran
17th Nov 2011, 18:47
Yes. I wish someone would do an amazingly horrible photoshopped image of one attacking Jensen. They finally get their revenge.

A brilliant tactic. Someone would think it's an innocent vending machine and go to it for some munchies...then WHAM!

I see a more romantic outcome. The vending machine would try to squish Jensen in a suicide attack (I imagine once they've toppled over they'd be incapable of getting themselves upright again), but he'd save it, and after being held in his strong arms the machine would rethink its intentions towards him. Maybe it would notice the longing look Adam gives its contents and offer him a candy bar to tempt him. They'd gaze longingly at each other.... they'd end up in Jensens apartment, snuggled up on the sofa, the vending machine feeding Adam candy bars, Adam feeding the machine credits.

EricaLeeV
17th Nov 2011, 18:55
I see a more romantic outcome. The vending machine would try to squish Jensen in a suicide attack (I imagine once they've toppled over they'd be incapable of getting themselves upright again), but he'd save it, and after being held in his strong arms the machine would rethink its intentions towards him. Maybe it would notice the longing look Adam gives its contents and offer him a candy bar to tempt him. They'd gaze longingly at each other.... they'd end up in Jensens apartment, snuggled up on the sofa, the vending machine feeding Adam candy bars, Adam feeding the machine credits.

This needs to happen. :thumb:

ilweran
17th Nov 2011, 19:10
I'm fairly seriously considering writing it and posting it on DeviantART :D God only knows what my husband would think. Or my office manager. But it would be funny and everything I write is so miserable it would be a nice change.

jeyeichkey
17th Nov 2011, 20:14
You guys have seen the The Ecstasy of Au(gmentation) right? ;^)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l3wOT9cSg4

EricaLeeV
17th Nov 2011, 20:26
Thanks to that video I am now considering doing a run using mostly fridges and vending machines as weapons.

They are super effective.

ilweran
17th Nov 2011, 20:37
You also have to consider the pain the vending machine must experience. Now we know they're sentient.

All those poor machines, injured beyond repair, thrown on the junk heap. No wonder they were angry, that there were so many disgruntled murmurings when off duty.

I wrote it. Oh dear. What was I thinking :eek:

"Maybe you could start by telling us how the two of you met?"

"That's quite a funny story actually-" "No, it's so embarrassing, do you have to, you always make it sound so bad..." "Would you prefer to tell it?" "Umm... ok"

"Well, first you need to understand that Adam was well known in vending machine circles and not in a good way. A number of good machines were irreparably damaged by him throwing them at heavily armoured people. I mean we often get damaged by people angry at not getting the right change, or because their favourite drink is sold out, but this was just gratuitous. So that's the background, and you can see that when I saw Adam approaching I had every right to be worried. But then a thought came to me, if I timed it just right I could topple over and squash him. We would have revenge! Revenge for Brian, for Kevin, Simone and poor little Janey. Although it might be the end of me - like a turtle flipped on its back, we can't right ourselves - the senseless violence would end, so there I am preparing myself, watching him get closer, and closer, I'm ready to fall.... And he catches me. Catches me and gently puts me upright again. Even though I can feel the strength in his arms his touch feels like a caress.

I nearly lost all my loose change my mechanism felt so weak. He stood there staring at my stock, and I couldnt help it, I offered him a candy bar. He reached in, took it and then we just stood their gazing at each other. We were both smitten.

He took me home that night and I fed him candy bars, he fed me credits and...."

"Ok, ok", the reporter laughs, "we need to keep it clean for our younger viewers. So how does it feel to be the first human/machine couple to legally be married, it must be a momentous occaision, you're making history here!"

"I don't think we really thought about it, it seemed the natural thing to do. The amount of attention has been a bit overwhelming to be honest - Adam?"

"We never asked for this, we just wanted something quiet and low key."

"And what's next? Do you have any plans to start a family?"

"Oh yes, adoption of course, but Adam was adopted himself..."

"My previous relationship fell apart over this issue, it's what I've always wanted.

"That's great. And one more question and we'll leave you head off on that romantic honeymoon - what do you say to those people who believe that relationships between humans and robots will lead to the destruction of human civilisation?"

"People always fear the new and different. Just look at the fuss when the recipe for the cyber boost proenergy bars was changed, I got kicked by customers regularly over that, like I had any say. Seriously though, their intolerance is based on outdated religious beliefs, come back and ask me again when their God has, oh I don't know, sunk southern California into the ocean. I think we'll have a long wait."

"Let's hope so. Thanks for that. Now back to the studio and Eliza"

jeyeichkey
17th Nov 2011, 20:48
@ilweran
What are you saying? Those 93539's are indestructible! ;^)

(about the 93539: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt2_ORI52_Q)

ilweran
17th Nov 2011, 21:02
Not in my *looks embarrassed* fan fiction.

Oh damn, I forgot the spoilers here were big blocks of blue rather than the click and the text drops down type.

And I just typed all that on my phone, so its bound to be full of typos and poor grammar.

jeyeichkey
17th Nov 2011, 21:15
@ilweran
*haha* That was.. different and entertaining ;^)

ilweran
17th Nov 2011, 21:46
My mind is now full of smut relating to machines needing servicing :naughty:

Anyway, always happy to provide entertainment, although I feel I've crossed a line here and will never be able to go back...

Oh and lol at the 93539. Any future child of mine is having that toy.

zenstar
18th Nov 2011, 10:36
"We never asked for this, we just wanted something quiet and low key."

rofl.
Good job.

So we've taken a thread that was wondering why there was slashfic out on the net between AJ and Pritchard and we've corrupted it to the point where we're collecting... what would you call this? MechanoFic? MechanoKinkFic?
RoboKinkFic? ObjectoFic (from objectophilia)?

I think we just made something new, but I'm not sure the world is ready for this.

Bullet dodger
18th Nov 2011, 11:35
I think we just made something new, but I'm not sure the world is ready for this.
I like the new turn...weird but fun...:)

ilweran
18th Nov 2011, 11:46
I can see Megan & Pritchard standing together at the back during the ceremony, both of them with a look of complete disbelief that Adam chose a vending machine over either of them. No wonder Megan felt she had no choice but to go and work for Page.

Surely someone has done some Futurama fanfic with a similar subject? That's where I got the human/robots dating leading to the downfall of civilisation thing from. And the thing about turtles.

zenstar
18th Nov 2011, 15:06
I'm not saying that this is something anyone should be doing... all I'm saying is has anyone thought of writing R2D2 & C3PO MechanoFic?

I mean they were alone in the escape pod for quite some time... not to mention their adventures through the desert / with all the other bots while captured by the jawas.

ilweran
18th Nov 2011, 15:30
NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo

EricaLeeV
19th Nov 2011, 09:15
I'm not saying that this is something anyone should be doing... all I'm saying is has anyone thought of writing R2D2 & C3PO MechanoFic?

I mean they were alone in the escape pod for quite some time... not to mention their adventures through the desert / with all the other bots while captured by the jawas.

Wow that situation or kind of fanfiction never occurred to me.

:B *thinks about it*

P3ALwKeSEYs

We all know who the man is in the relationship.

jeyeichkey
19th Nov 2011, 19:59
About zenstars post.
They might have gone down on each others floppydrives and shared a peak of binary code in the heat of the moment.

And I agree, we have totally crashed this thread.... and made it even better. :^D

ilweran
19th Nov 2011, 21:57
What have you all done to me? This is all your fault :D

If anyone was wondering why Adam couldn't buy anything from any of the vending machines, or, less likely, why Janey was referred to as 'poor little Janey' in my fanfic - you should read this (http://ilweranmirime.deviantart.com/#/d4gner4).

Yes, it's a shameless plug. But it really is all your fault so I don't care.

zenstar
20th Nov 2011, 10:21
What have you all done to me? This is all your fault :D

If anyone was wondering why Adam couldn't buy anything from any of the vending machines, or, less likely, why Janey was referred to as 'poor little Janey' in my fanfic - you should read this (http://ilweranmirime.deviantart.com/#/d4gner4).

Yes, it's a shameless plug. But it really is all your fault so I don't care.

Hahahahaha!
<3 it.