PDA

View Full Version : Is there a mod that does this yet?

Erratic
9th Nov 2011, 23:25
Since release I've only wanted 2 things to change.

1. Regenerate Energy beyond the first battery.

2. Remove Health Regeneration.

Now I know the second can be done from the debug menu, but I have yet to find a way of regenerating energy beyond the first battery. Anyone know of a mod that does this/both?

Thanks in advance.

Romeo
10th Nov 2011, 02:17
Mmm. Second one would be a mod I'd get.

Mods are coming in slow though, as they require extensive knowledge of how to adjust game data (No SDK).

Olgerth Heidern
10th Nov 2011, 21:59
There are no known (to me) mods that stop health regen. Given how squishy AJ is, that would be BRÜTAL, in my humble.

There are CheatEngine-based energy regenerators that work just fine for the current version. There was one by BlueRaja that even lets you tweak the rate of regeneration. I made my own EXE using CheatEngine and this script (obviously didn't write it):

local addr = "[[[[dxhr.exe+016F437C]+0]+44]+198]+274";
local f = createForm( true );
local t = createTimer( f, true );
timer_setInterval( t, 1000 );

timer_onTimer( t, function( )
local energy = readFloat(addr);
if math.abs(energy % 30.0) < 0.005 and energy < 150 then
writeFloat(addr, energy + 0.01);
end
end );

Works fine, no crashes (yet), and uses AJ's natural regen rate - it basically "nudges" every empty cell just a tiny bit over 0, and the cell then proceeds to regen naturally. If you buy "faster regen" augs, all cells will regen faster.

Not perfect, I'd personally love it if cells beyond the first recharged progressively slower, but it does the job.

Romeo
10th Nov 2011, 22:45
There are no known (to me) mods that stop health regen. Given how squishy AJ is, that would be BRÜTAL, in my humble.

There are CheatEngine-based energy regenerators that work just fine for the current version. There was one by BlueRaja that even lets you tweak the rate of regeneration. I made my own EXE using CheatEngine and this script (obviously didn't write it):

end
end );

Works fine, no crashes (yet), and uses AJ's natural regen rate - it basically "nudges" every empty cell just a tiny bit over 0, and the cell then proceeds to regen naturally. If you buy "faster regen" augs, all cells will regen faster.

Not perfect, I'd personally love it if cells beyond the first recharged progressively slower, but it does the job.
I don't know, 'in my humble' that brutality is exactly what's missing from this game, combat is a joke without it. Would be nice if getting shot actually illicited some consequence. Might even make the Rhino Skin a useful aug.

Olgerth Heidern
11th Nov 2011, 02:47
To each his own.

Erratic
11th Nov 2011, 03:22

end
end );

I've seen a bunch of cheat engine scrips posted and I've never got them work. I select the Deus Ex process (while it's running) then open the cheat table, copy the above and press execute. A small window (all white) pops up and that's it. When I alt tab back into the game, nothing has changed.

Not sure what's wrong, but I'd love to be able to get the above to work.

Olgerth Heidern
11th Nov 2011, 16:02
Make sure your CE script is for the correct version. The one I posted is for the latest patch level of Steam version. If you are running the Steam version and it's up to current patch level, it works.

And you need Cheat Engine 6.1. 6.0 is right out.