PDA

View Full Version : Question about Isaias Sandoval(Spoilers)

Fireisprettyful
8th Nov 2011, 22:59
i have played the mission where you have to confront him about 6 times, the last time i did he attacked me and there was no conversation like usual, what did i do differently to cause him to attack me? thank you for any replies

Lv4
8th Nov 2011, 23:18
If you do not confront Taggart publicly he'll attack you. You need to finish Taggart's dialog if you want Isaias to talk with you. If you start hacking or go backstage before confronting Taggart it will trigger that reaction.

Fireisprettyful
8th Nov 2011, 23:20
oh ok thank you very much for the reply, that is the thing i love about this game 6 playthrough's in and still finding new content

Jordasm
8th Nov 2011, 23:32
If you do not confront Taggart publicly he'll attack you. You need to finish Taggart's dialog if you want Isaias to talk with you. If you start hacking or go backstage before confronting Taggart it will trigger that reaction.

In my first playthrough I just went straight backstage and ignored taggart completely, and Sandoval didn't attack me.

Ashpolt
9th Nov 2011, 00:11
First playthrough I ignored Taggart, Sandoval attacked me. Second playthrough I won the conversation battle with taggart, and Sandoval wasn't immediately hostile. I'd assumed the conversation with Taggart was the behaviour trigger, but as Jordasm says otherwise, is it possible that it depends on how you handle Zeke Sanders? First playthrough I let Sanders live, which meant he attacked me in Sandoval's apartment. Second play I killed him asap, so no encounter in Sandoval's apartment. I can't see why it would be the trigger point, but it's the only thing I can think of if it's not to do with speaking to Taggart.

Fireisprettyful
9th Nov 2011, 00:21
i am not sure, i have tried to implicate humanity front a few times and he did not attack me and i have killed and let live his brother both a few times to, maybe its just my imagination:D i also say i looked online before creating this thread and there is not much mention(any that i have seen) of him attacking you(in walkthroughs and such)

imported_BoB_
9th Nov 2011, 02:15
First playthrough I ignored Taggart, Sandoval attacked me. Second playthrough I won the conversation battle with taggart, and Sandoval wasn't immediately hostile. I'd assumed the conversation with Taggart was the behaviour trigger, but as Jordasm says otherwise, is it possible that it depends on how you handle Zeke Sanders? First playthrough I let Sanders live, which meant he attacked me in Sandoval's apartment. Second play I killed him asap, so no encounter in Sandoval's apartment. I can't see why it would be the trigger point, but it's the only thing I can think of if it's not to do with speaking to Taggart.

It's not related to Zeke at all. There is multiple wrong triggers between the Convention Center and Sandoval's office that can screw the way that should happen. For me, I had to quickly confront Taggart without doing any side quests, otherwise, Sandoval was always attacking me.
And I didn't touch to any guards in the convention center nor fire a single shot in the streets or in the convention center.

There is wrong triggers, and there are triggers that shouldn't be still active when you reload your game if you completed the mission with backstage access or by confronting Taggart.

To sum it up, this quest is badly bugged.

Orion7486
9th Nov 2011, 14:26
I believe to get Sandoval to talk rather than attack, you must either confront Taggart, or if you go the route of hacking his computer, you must agree with Sarif to planting incriminating evidence that Taggart is involved with Purity First.

rokstrombo
9th Nov 2011, 16:44
I think there is an issue with the clearing of flagged events as BoB_ said. I hacked the computer and uploaded the incriminating evidence during my first playthrough, but Sandoval was hostile later. I reloaded an earlier save and confronted Taggart, but Sandoval was still hostile. I've read that you must begin a new game in order for this flag to be changed. It's possible that this has been fixed in a later build, though (I haven't been keeping track). It's also possible that the trigger for this flag is something different (perhaps the nearby security terminal is the trigger?).

jeyeichkey
9th Nov 2011, 19:45
Both times I talked to taggart, went straight to him. First time, sandoval did not attack. I stunned Sanders.
Second time I killed Sanders, Sandoval was very hostile....

imported_BoB_
10th Nov 2011, 02:46
I think there is an issue with the clearing of flagged events as BoB_ said. I hacked the computer and uploaded the incriminating evidence during my first playthrough, but Sandoval was hostile later. I reloaded an earlier save and confronted Taggart, but Sandoval was still hostile. I've read that you must begin a new game in order for this flag to be changed. It's possible that this has been fixed in a later build, though (I haven't been keeping track). It's also possible that the trigger for this flag is something different (perhaps the nearby security terminal is the trigger?).

Yeah, the wiki talked about that, but you don't need to start a new game again. I successfully managed to have both situations by reloading from Federova's fight.
I always confronted Taggart, doing side quests was always voiding suicidal Sandoval. Firing shots in the sewers does not (during the cutscenes, he talks about shots being fired), hearing the guards talking about the fact that he's hiding in his office going crazy does not, how you managed Zeke does not either (I tried letting him escape, knocking him out and letting him "escape" the police station, or killing him during the first mission or at Sandoval's appartment)
Doing the side quests (even one), being 100% stealthy from Detroit's arrival void it every time for me (I didn't talk to Haas to make sure to not find him in the hotel)

reindeer
10th Nov 2011, 11:04
I can confirm what BoB said. I´ve done side quests between Convention center and Sandoval and Sandoval attacked.
I had to do Convention Center again and run straight to Sandoval to make him go suicidal.
It has nothing to do with the way you deal with Taggart, wether you confront him publicly or sneak into his backstage room and plant the evidence from Eliza on his computer.
Just postpone the sidequests for after Sandoval and all is as should be.

Lv4
25th Nov 2011, 02:28
Sorry to open that post again, but BoB_ and reindeer's answers were not true for me.
I confronted Taggart and finished both side quests (Smash the State and Acquaintances Forgotten) before going to Sandoval and he wasn't hostile.

"Firing shots in the sewers" -> I also believe this is one of the triggers.

Also, you guys probably know that you obtain what I would call a "score" after finishing a speech battle depending on what you said (you can check your score by having the CASIE aug and checking the persuasion level) ?
I have an almost complete list of dialog tree so I am sure I obtained the best score. Sandoval might be more suicidal depending on the "score" you get with Taggart.. maybe ?