PDA

View Full Version : creating that impending sense of dread...

bat_brain
8th Nov 2011, 06:50
that was so palpable in blood money. its such a dark and foreboding game, you just know the whole time that chit is gonna hit the fan, and it most certainly does. :eek:

my question is... how are they gonna top that? when is this supposed to be released?

bummer no jesper kyd.

still ima die hard fan, one of the gr8est, most iconic characters in all of videgamedom IMO, id be shocked if this absolution game was so bad i didnt want to own it.

are there any links for game descriptions or previews, anything like that?

thanks.

Travis_IO
8th Nov 2011, 12:31
There are previews all over the internet or in print magazines. Whichever is your favourite site will most likely have something to tell you about Absolution.

big_hitman_fan
10th Nov 2011, 01:58
The videos posted in this forum provide some of the best information to date on the title. If the theme of Absolution is 47 on the run, I think it can have a great escalation type of feel to the story - leading to some Epic showdown. Blood Money is a tough act to follow though!

Travis_IO
10th Nov 2011, 12:06
The videos posted in this forum provide some of the best information to date on the title. If the theme of Absolution is 47 on the run, I think it can have a great escalation type of feel to the story - leading to some Epic showdown. Blood Money is a tough act to follow though!

He won't be on the run for the entire game. This section just allowed us to show off a variety of gameplay in a small amount of time.

BigBoss
10th Nov 2011, 23:06
How much of the game is he "on the run" versus just taking contracts as he normally does?

bat_brain
11th Nov 2011, 02:21
thats a question i was wondering myself.

dont get me wrong, i enjoy a good sam fisher game as much as anyone, however i dont know how i would like 47 to be under seige the entire length of a game because it doesnt suit his idiom.

he needs to be innocuous, and he certainly needs to find creative and subtle ways in which to hunt.

i do hope we get more than a few traditional hits in there for posterity's sake.

Travis_IO
11th Nov 2011, 09:43
thats a question i was wondering myself.

dont get me wrong, i enjoy a good sam fisher game as much as anyone, however i dont know how i would like 47 to be under seige the entire length of a game because it doesnt suit his idiom.

he needs to be innocuous, and he certainly needs to find creative and subtle ways in which to hunt.

i do hope we get more than a few traditional hits in there for posterity's sake.

There's plenty of room for both. He's definitely not under siege for the entire game. There's plenty of room for him being the hunter.

21st Nov 2011, 21:40
that was so palpable in blood money. its such a dark and foreboding game, you just know the whole time that chit is gonna hit the fan, and it most certainly does. :eek:
Really? Dark and foreboding? I think that their attempt to add humor completely ruin the seriousness of the game.
You know the worst thing about is that it wasn't even a little bit funny and their saying that this "dark comedy" is one of the hight light of the series.:(

So I don't think there was any impending sense of dread in Blood money for real once you start playing the game.