PDA

View Full Version : most fun play style

Fireisprettyful
7th Nov 2011, 22:15
what style do you think is the most fun to play as in the game?

for me its stealthy shooter, i shoot enemies in the head with the pistol with a silencer and a ton of other upgrades, and i do so i am never seen they just become alerted, its an extremely fun play style imo but not easy(for me anyways) but very rewarding

joebarnin
7th Nov 2011, 22:59
#1 favorite for me is stealth, sneak around everyone with the occasional knock out just for a change pace. #2 is kind of like yours, sneaky, take 'em out with long-range (sniper rifle). They don't know what hit 'em.

Both modes make me slow down, think things through, and enjoy the environment.

Fireisprettyful
8th Nov 2011, 00:27
#1 favorite for me is stealth, sneak around everyone with the occasional knock out just for a change pace. #2 is kind of like yours, sneaky, take 'em out with long-range (sniper rifle). They don't know what hit 'em.

Both modes make me slow down, think things through, and enjoy the environment.
i know what you mean, i used to just shoot everyone and dont care about stealth and that is fun but stealthily taking out one person at a time is so much more fun and rewarding, i love when there are 2 enemies together, shoot one in the head, go back in cover and save it(i need to reload cause im not too good at it yet) then shoot the other enemy in the head while he is looking the other way(though enemies do move their heads plenty and suddenly while they are alerted so sometimes its not always easy)

also i have the laser sight on my pistol would that make it easier for enemies to know im there?

The Monochrome Man
8th Nov 2011, 15:31
I know this is tantamount to heresy here, but I find quaking it the most fun. Maxed out rebreather, sprint speed, aim stabiliser and a heavily upgraded machine pistol. Once I've got those, I stop spending praxis on augs and just run and gun it.

Oh, and the revolver (without the exploding rounds upgrade) - there's something oddly satisfying about playing cat and mouse with Yelena with nothing but the revolver. If anyone wants to try it, the best tips I can give you are keep moving, stay away from the walls, and watch your background. Her cloak isn't infallible - you can pick her out as a 'shadow' against the background when she's moving.

Fireisprettyful
8th Nov 2011, 23:00
I know this is tantamount to heresy here, but I find quaking it the most fun. Maxed out rebreather, sprint speed, aim stabiliser and a heavily upgraded machine pistol. Once I've got those, I stop spending praxis on augs and just run and gun it.

Oh, and the revolver (without the exploding rounds upgrade) - there's something oddly satisfying about playing cat and mouse with Yelena with nothing but the revolver. If anyone wants to try it, the best tips I can give you are keep moving, stay away from the walls, and watch your background. Her cloak isn't infallible - you can pick her out as a 'shadow' against the background when she's moving.
i'll try to do that later thanks(the boss battle thing) i actually enjoy that boss battle so it will be interesting to try and nothing wrong with doing the play style you enjoy considering games are all about enjoyment, might try that play style in a file later on

Bullet dodger
9th Nov 2011, 05:42
I played on a rough. Used very limited augmentations, really just what needed to stay alive. Attentionaly I triggered all the alarm I could or make myself know / seen for the guards. My adrenaline pumps high when I know I am in trouble and really need to be smart and quickly look for cover to survive the attacks and bullets. For me Deus ex:hr not to get all the achievements but have an almost real life action experience in game.

I watched a few video by other members how fast and I have to give it to them clevery finished a level by stealth and cloak mode. I was really missed the sense of danger in this quite approach.

LkMax
14th Nov 2011, 01:28
A mix between action and stealth, depending on the situation. For example, I said "fu... it" when they started to shoot at malik's chopper and I used a more action focused approach.

(...)
lol :D
If I want to play Quake I just play Quake itself.

sadmachine
14th Nov 2011, 01:42
I like to sneak up close and drop enemies with the stun gun or a takedown. I started playing this way because I have no aptitude for running and/or gunning, but it did turn out to be quite fun.

jeyeichkey
14th Nov 2011, 21:18
I move refrigerators around and put explosive barrels at different locations. Then, if I feel extremely bored I might throw a refrigerator onto an explosive barrel, or shoot at it from a distance.

Other than that, I try to learn how to move around as easy as possible without falling from ladders/height, running into a enemy I didn't thought were there or find the right sneak angles, which can be a pain in the ass before everything just works out perfectly.