PDA

View Full Version : Adam Jensen Outfit

Darthassin
7th Nov 2011, 17:26
Which AJ's outfit do you prefer? Which is more badass?

Adam Jensen in his dark coat or in combat outfit?

imported_the_guy
7th Nov 2011, 17:31
Badass dark coat definitely. It just look so cool, so damn cool.

Darthassin
7th Nov 2011, 17:48

Couldn't agree more.

EricaLeeV
7th Nov 2011, 17:51
I love the dark coat but I wish they would fit it on him correctly. (And that it would 'physics' right; to put it bluntly)

However, the combat gear is much more practical. Plus you get to potentially see how much 'machine' he really consists of. Him with his sleeveless outfit hehehe, makes me wonder if JC had a sleeveless under his jacket.

Jensen is so thin too. I like him that way, but for God sakes man eat a piece of cake or something.

jeyeichkey
7th Nov 2011, 18:54
I can't stand that the coat is always moving around as if blowing in the wind even if other characters clothes are not moving.
I rather go with the heavy armored look. Even if his arms are a little to thin, I like how he looks.

Zoet
7th Nov 2011, 20:01
I voted for coat, but like EricaLeeVee, I also like that you can see that he is part machine when he is wearing the combat outfit. Mech augmentation is 'cool' and 'badass' but it also a bit grotesque, and a lot has to be sacrificed for the resulting badassery. That's what makes it interesting, and I am glad that they decided on the two options. I think I remember the devs saying somewhere that the reason for the two outfits was that they were finding it hard to reconcile showing his robo-arms with the need to have the character look somewhat at home in a non-combat environment. Hence the two outfits.

jeyeichkey
7th Nov 2011, 20:16
I wonder where he keeps his coat during some of the operations in game..?

Zoet
7th Nov 2011, 20:24
I wonder where he keeps his coat during some of the operations in game..?

The same place he keeps all of his guns and candy-bars? I find it best not to think too hard about such space-time distorting mysteries....:D

Agent Denton
7th Nov 2011, 22:18
Jensen is so thin too. I like him that way, but for God sakes man eat a piece of cake or something.

Have you played the missing link? That MF is so cut that if cocaine hit his pecs, it would fly off them in a white dusty fashion. This cat is in peek physical condition. Plus if he ate cake, his augmented metabolism would just make him fart it right out. :D

I voted Coat BTW.

lowenz
8th Nov 2011, 01:24
Badass dark coat, obviously!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8dqKYKYeLo

Put on a trenchcoat and fight some conspiracies,
Get experience and level up abilities,
Will you choose rifles or computers?
Don't pick swimming, because it's fairly useless!

It's a shooter and a role-playing game,
The levels are ugly, and everyone looks the same,
We're not the same Ion Storm that made Daikatana,
Our games are good and they're all on schedule!

We made a sequel that no-one liked,
'cause we dumbed it down too much, 'cause we're thick!

:D

EricaLeeV
8th Nov 2011, 05:06
Have you played the missing link? That MF is so cut that if cocaine hit his pecs, it would fly off them in a white dusty fashion. This cat is in peek physical condition.

Oh I played the Missing Link alright.

And let's just say I spent an unusually long time doing takedowns during the part where Adam had no shirt. ;)

rokstrombo
9th Nov 2011, 16:36
And let's just say I spent an unusually long time doing takedowns during the part where Adam had no shirt. ;)

I too was fapping uncontrollably during those blissful 10 minutes!

Olgerth Heidern
9th Nov 2011, 16:46
Of course, if we had a FemAJ option and the said option could be shirtless during takedowns, we'd already have a 25-page discussion on how the modern videogame industry panders to slavering 13-year-olds and demeans women...

Ahhem...

Anyway, my vote is for the coat. Because every time a third-person view of AJ wearing that coat appears on screen, "I wear my sunglasses at night" automatically plays in the background...

EricaLeeV
9th Nov 2011, 17:09
Of course, if we had a FemAJ option and the said option could be shirtless during takedowns, we'd already have a 25-page discussion on how the modern videogame industry panders to slavering 13-year-olds and demeans women...

And I would be heavily a part of that discussion. However what I said in my post prior was meant to be taken as a joke....haha.

Type can be a terrible medium for sarcasm.

jeyeichkey
9th Nov 2011, 18:56
Yes.. why wasn't the "half-naked" option available in the poll? That would so get my vote. Less hit points, more awesome.

ilweran
9th Nov 2011, 21:18
Yes.. why wasn't the "half-naked" option available in the poll? That would so get my vote. Less hit points, more awesome.

:D

As this option wasn't available, I went with the coat. Maybe there needs to be a new poll...

Spyhopping
9th Nov 2011, 22:54
Coat, certainly. He looks like a conspiracy magnet.

He is a bit unhealthy looking with that and his gaunt, scarred features. He's not your usual hard ass action protagonist, he's skinny, lithe and fast. And at times a bit dopey. He seems to miss the obvious until it's swung around naked in front of his face.

Those chiselled abs don't seem to suit him, they look a bit false. I'm not picking holes but it would have been interesting to have modelled him with scarring where his guts got mangled. Perhaps they are artificial clip on abs. :P

auric
10th Nov 2011, 11:16
I wished to see him put on the coat in a cinematic.

Like when he was in his home, checking out the neural hub. they could have shown him putting on his coat preparing to move out.
:)

Bullet dodger
13th Nov 2011, 06:16
I vote for the combat robo, of course. I want to see those augmented arms and skinny long legs (but I would pick the shirtless option if avail.)

Those chiselled abs don't seem to suit him, they look a bit false.
They did mirrored the texture of his abs/tummy part, that is all. I like him without a shirt but a bit disappointed.

jeyeichkey
13th Nov 2011, 07:41
About now there is the obvius poll 22 to 4. But also a subtile poll that says 5 (?) votes for half-naked :^)

Bullet dodger
13th Nov 2011, 08:02
About now there is the obvius poll 22 to 4.

I wonder why this huge gap...?

jeyeichkey
13th Nov 2011, 08:35
Coats are awesome..??

Probably because of the strange proportions of Adams arms and body while being in combat mode. Somehow that does not add upp to some people (including me, but what the hell). :^)

Bullet dodger
13th Nov 2011, 10:06
I understand Adam's point of view. He did not given a choice want to be augmented or not and he is quite againts it yet this is how he has to live his life. So obvious he will do (probably) anything to blend in and not stand out.
But would be interesting to hear why ppl in 2011 totaly un-augmented likes the coat. Has to more then just a 'badass' look.

ilweran
13th Nov 2011, 11:36
I'd say part of the reason I prefer Adam wearing the coat is that I'm a fan of the original game, where wearing a baggy coat was essential for frightening your enemies by making you look bigger than you really were :D

Darthassin
13th Nov 2011, 18:30
I'd say part of the reason I prefer Adam wearing the coat is that I'm a fan of the original game, where wearing a baggy coat was essential for frightening your enemies by making you look bigger than you really were :D

... and wearing sunglasses during the night operations :D

EDIT:

BTW. I hope results of this poll will be considered during the development of another sequel. So please vote people!

RedKnight7
20th Nov 2011, 02:51
I love this thread but do have to say...

Did he hand his look down to Neo? Or vice-versa

RK7

Always take the blue pill.

EricaLeeV
20th Nov 2011, 02:55
I love this thread but do have to say...

Did he hand his look down to Neo? Or vice-versa

His design is highly dependent on the tropes of the Cyberpunk genre and derivative of JC Denton.

RedKnight7
20th Nov 2011, 03:18
I suppose it's a version of recycling. I support recycling in all its various forms.

Ah, what am I saying. A leather jacket isn't very good against either a Longsword 202 ERASER (Extreme RAnge SnipEr Rifle) or a Widowmaker TX 12-gauge semi-automatic tactical shotgun. It's sort of like having women in teeny bikinis being armor proof as well.

Wait. Let's let him just wear a leather jacket!

EricaLeeV
20th Nov 2011, 03:34
His look was meant to inspire memories of the previous Deus Ex and pay homage to other things. So it was recycling with a purpose, I guess.

Yeah, in most combat situations a jacket like his is...kind of silly. I even think JC Denton going around all the time with a long jacket is weird. Those things can make a lot of noise and if you are being chased it's one more thing that can be grabbed, catch on something, or just plain slow you down. Which is why I am glad EM gave Adam his alternate armor only outfit for particularly pressing times. I still wonder how the typhoon system is supposed to work with that jacket on. :/ I don't care if there are holes in his jacket sleeves, unless they were tight fitted to his arms exactly things don't work that way.

jeyeichkey
20th Nov 2011, 08:35
@Erica
I agree with you on the jacket. And that constant flapping as if it were blowing in the wind in -every- conversation no matter what if it was outside or inside. That just spoiled my attention for what they were talking about. I really think coats are cool and all, but this coat in Human Revolution was just plain obnoxious for me.

RedKnight mentioned a jacket. I could totally agree with that. Although the typhoon might still experience problems. Not sure if a vest would be cool, although vest is the most awesome type of clothing when biking.

Darthassin
20th Nov 2011, 10:11
:D Funny. My brother just confused "badass dark coat" with "badass dark goat".

recogn1zer
2nd Dec 2011, 01:41

Badass dark coat FTW.

Darthassin
15th Dec 2011, 10:04
Thank you for voting!

As you can see , more people prefer Adam Jensen in badass dark coat.

I hope developers will consider this poll in the future Deus Ex games.

jeyeichkey
15th Dec 2011, 23:33
I strongly suspect that there are developers on EM that like dark, long coats. We will probably see more of it in the future to come. ;^)

Bullet dodger
15th Dec 2011, 23:43
I hope developers will consider this poll in the future Deus Ex games.

I wonder if EM decides to make a next proty a female, what gear we would like to see her in...

ilweran
16th Dec 2011, 12:36
I wonder if EM decides to make a next proty a female, what gear we would like to see her in...

Something practical would be my preference.

Darthassin
3rd Jan 2012, 13:09
is there anyone elso who'd like to vote?

Spyhopping
3rd Jan 2012, 13:40
I still wonder how the typhoon system is supposed to work with that jacket on. :/ I don't care if there are holes in his jacket sleeves, unless they were tight fitted to his arms exactly things don't work that way.

I thought it was funny that his arm blades work just fine out of his elbows with that jacket on too. They never were the most realistic/practical offensive devices anyway. His arms would get completely covered in blood and guts, so stealth would be redundant, they'd smell him coming a mile off.