PDA

View Full Version : Shutting down transmitter in Singapore

elpin
6th Nov 2011, 12:41
Hey guys,

I've just disembarked the ship in Singapore and have a mission shutting down the transmitter. I found it but it's guarded by a camera. Since I want the Smooth Operator thingie and don't want to be detected I have to disable the camera somehow. Unfortunately I can't find a computer that does it. I crawled through the building the camera is at (except the Bio Lab) and also around the compound but can't find it. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Darthassin
6th Nov 2011, 14:11
You can shutdown the trasmitter using another panel which is in the building to the right (first building you see after you exit the warehouse at the begining of the map).

elpin
6th Nov 2011, 14:37
Are you sure? I crawled through both buildings now and got into all computers and stuff but I didn't find this other panel you mention.

Anyway, by crawling through the building I got enough XPs to get the invisibility aug which enabled me to disable the transmitter without the camera seeing me.

Darthassin
6th Nov 2011, 16:30
Are you sure?

100% positive.

elpin
6th Nov 2011, 16:55
I see. I have to be more thorough next time... Thanks anyway!

slackie
6th Nov 2011, 18:00
Hi, check out the video I created, your answer in the first few minutes of it

XxXp2C_DLqE

elpin
6th Nov 2011, 18:09
Oh I see, haha. I always forget to check the windows. It's so weird - some can be opened, some not...

By the way, what's up with that yellow outline over stuff?? I don't have it in my game...

slackie
6th Nov 2011, 18:12
Oh I see, haha. I always forget to check the windows. It's so weird - some can be opened, some not...

By the way, what's up with that yellow outline over stuff?? I don't have it in my game...

Under options, gameplay , object highlights set to ON

:P

Kodaemon
6th Nov 2011, 18:15
The highlighting can be switched off, and is off by default on Deus Ex difficulty.

elpin
6th Nov 2011, 18:15
Oh, right, I remember turning that off, haha.

jeyeichkey
7th Nov 2011, 20:37
I can't understand why some of you like the highlightling on. It's just annoying to be able to see every little thing in the game. It's like subtile cheating. I know that he got his augmented vision, but that thing was only fun when someone did the parody Deus Ex Unreal Revolution. ;^P