PDA

View Full Version : Alice Garden Pods Ambush - Double Takedowns and Ghost challenge

slackie
5th Nov 2011, 17:28
Alice Garden Pods is one of those missions where enemies are in constant Alert mode, which means their movement and AI can be slightly unpredictable sometimes.

What a lot of people, including myself, tend to lose Ghost achievement for this level is when we get careless and let someone from the bottom level hear our footsteps, which will lure one of the guards from level 2 up to level 3. I also find that breaking that wall during this stage itself will attract a lot of attention, and very likely to lose your Ghost status when someone more another level is assigned to check it out.

The most crucial part is to take care of the first 4 double takedowns, which is essentially the 3rd and 2nd floor first. 2nd floor can be a bit tricky because one of the guards tend to be spawned in mid-air (DTD #3), and that can be quite a pain to deal with.

Here you go:

DpW5Ve2erLA

gyron
5th Nov 2011, 17:50
As I said elsewhere — great :thumb: That's how this game is meant to be played.

But how about upping the ante and beating the level on a single cell, i.e. without the cloak? ;) Not for video, mind you, just as a personal challenge?

slackie
6th Nov 2011, 03:13
As I said elsewhere — great :thumb: That's how this game is meant to be played.

But how about upping the ante and beating the level on a single cell, i.e. without the cloak? ;) Not for video, mind you, just as a personal challenge?

hehe, Gyron, that would be a tough challenge which will take a lot longer than 7 plus min :P it's already tricky enough with cloak, e.g the 1st DTD requires you to run towards either end before they split and there's no way you wouldn't get spotted there w/o cloak... I must have tried this like 30 over times with different timing and path to see what are the possible

gyron
6th Nov 2011, 16:18
Yeah, AGP is already one of the hardest levels for DTD Ghosting and 1-cell DTD run even more so. It will probably take all the crates and fridges in hotel to redirect everyone in DTD positions. But if you mastered all normal techniques it may be a nice way to amuse yourself :)

If you get around doing the G/DTD run for The Missing Link I recommend trying it without the cloak — don't know if it's intentional on the developer's part, but all DTD's in TML are perfectly doable without any augs or candy (or excessive waiting). It plays like an action-puzzle game: figuring out the "no-aug" solution for each DTD is as fun as doing them.

slackie
6th Nov 2011, 16:35
Yeah, AGP is already one of the hardest levels for DTD Ghosting and 1-cell DTD run even more so. It will probably take all the crates and fridges in hotel to redirect everyone in DTD positions. But if you mastered all normal techniques it may be a nice way to amuse yourself :)

If you get around doing the G/DTD run for The Missing Link I recommend trying it without the cloak — don't know if it's intentional on the developer's part, but all DTD's in TML are perfectly doable without any augs or candy (or excessive waiting). It plays like an action-puzzle game: figuring out the "no-aug" solution for each DTD is as fun as doing them.

Still getting the hang of The Mssing Link at the moment. Btw, I re-did another Omega Ranch run, managed to bring the overall timing down to 26 minutes. Didn't bother to hide some of the bodies anymore, just have to be really careful not to alert the dudes from the other floor. Lots of cloak and sprinting to cut down the waiting time, and the 2nd last pair of guards for DTD at the Courtyard , I found a way to get around it by firing a round on the floor and wait for them to run towards each other so that I can take them down

gyron
6th Nov 2011, 16:57
Would you re-record the Omega Ranch then?